Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like it.

I hope they leave the old one, also, though.

One of my Bridge Officers will wear the shirt/skirt and one will wear the one-piece.

Honestly the who we already had should have been open to all. The one coming should have been the TOS uniform set. So yeah, they shouldn't kill the first one now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Honestly the who we already had should have been open to all. The one coming should have been the TOS uniform set. So yeah, they shouldn't kill the first one now.

Is the current skirt only for those with the TOS uniforms? If so, maybe once the one-piece is released, they could unlock the generic skirt to everyone.

It's a thought, anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Will we ever get Female Uniforms/Dresses with short sleeves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnML-z-MjtI

5:20-5:30

I've been bugging them about that since November. Still no word. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Is the current skirt only for those with the TOS uniforms? If so, maybe once the one-piece is released, they could unlock the generic skirt to everyone.

It's a thought, anyway.

The current one is part of the TOS uniform set. But yes, the ones they have now should be moved to everyone. And I got the DDE so had it as part of my purchase but always felt how they designed it that it was more of a generic skirt. My BOs with it actually use different tops. I've only used the top once as sort of an off-duty uniform without an insignia or rank before they gave us off-duty uniforms.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Looks great, can't wait!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    uubergeek wrote: »
    I appreciate these FINALLY being made even though TOS uniforms were promised with Launch, however, the top is not right. The TOS tops have a dip in the opposite shape of the starfleet delta, not just a rounded opening. Please have the art team go back and do some better research

Well... uh... there are tons of different variations on the uniform in TOS. Basically almost each piece looks different.

And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the details of the STO TOS uniform are customizable.

Honestly, I haven't seen anything as good as this in an MMO ever, not even close.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    mhighison wrote: »
    Just wanted to post a quick update:

New Female TOS uniforms should be heading to Tribble some time in the next few weeks. The new texture options we had to make for the new bare skin on the chest and legs is still in testing, so once those are ready we will put it up.

Preview screenshot attached.

APPROVED!

THANK YOU!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    New TOS set Look great. I'd like to see the actual rank appears appear on the TWoK uniforms, though, instead of everyone having the Captain's pin. Service pips/squeaks on the sleeves would be nice, too.

TWOK skirts with the stripe would be nice, too.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    From Tribble, here's Rear Admiral Sjofn, and members of her all-girl crew, rocking the planet's surface "Yeoman Rand"-style, in their newly-corrected, original series Starfleet uniforms.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff301/philmosk/screen_corrected_TOS.jpg

OK, Cryptic, not bad…
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dstahl wrote:
    Trill spots now go all the way down.

Yes, yes they do.

My only complaint about the MU female uniforms is the thigh high boots are supposed to have a heel... but at this point I'm just knit picking.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Philmosk wrote: »
    From Tribble, here's Rear Admiral Sjofn, and members of her all-girl crew, rocking the planet's surface "Yeoman Rand"-style, in their newly-corrected, original series Starfleet uniforms.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff301/philmosk/screen_corrected_TOS.jpg

OK, Cryptic, not bad…

Nice screenshot!
    /wallpapered
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fantastic job, Ladies! :-) Great screenshot!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I would like to see Undershirts/Vests/Jackets/Robes for Starfleet/Klingons and Romulans when thay become playerble, the Klingons have there High Council Robes, Starfleet have Enviromental and Dress Robes and the Romulans use Robes to help hide them selves form the Tal Shiar,
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    .... or to hide AS the Tal Shiar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    has there been any progress on resolving the uniform flap for the wrath of kahn uniform???
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    mhighison wrote: »
    .... or to hide AS the Tal Shiar

Indeed.

So, robes please, good sir.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And now, we give you the Imperial response -- Captain D'elliah and the all-female bridge officers of the I.S.S. Unrepentant!

http://pics.brizzly.com/29T0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I hope the Mirror Universe uniforms (and I suppose the Khan, TOS, and other unique/pre-order uniforms) become available in the C-Store at some point, since I would buy them in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I hope the Mirror Universe uniforms (and I suppose the Khan, TOS, and other unique/pre-order uniforms) become available in the C-Store at some point, since I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Be careful what you wish for.

In the advertising for the CO Lifetime account, they said that the mirror universe uniforms would *never* be availible any other way. If Cryptic does release them in the C Store, they'll lose what credibility they have left. They will be unable to sell anyone any exclusive deals ever again.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

In the advertising for the CO Lifetime account, they said that the mirror universe uniforms would *never* be availible any other way. If Cryptic does release them in the C Store, they'll lose what credibility they have left. They will be unable to sell anyone any exclusive deals ever again.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they explicitly left open the possibility that the Mirror universe uniforms might become available some other way. That was something that got batted around on the forums at that point. A number of non-Cryptic people loudly asserted that there was 'no way' Cryptic would ever make the Mirror Universe uniforms available through other means, for the reason you said, but Cryptic never acknowledged that. In fact, I'm pretty sure they actually said 'no, we're reserving the right to make these available in some other way, but it won't be for a while.'

However, people remember what's loudly asserted, correct or not.

Trust me. I spent the coin on the Champs lifetime sub. I was very careful to see what was and wasn't included -- and the MU uniforms were included, but no promise of exclusivity came with them.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Did a heck of a job finally getting that uniform right.

It now looks just like the TOS female uniform. Too bad no effort was spent on doing this from the get go.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

That promise has already been broken.

They were *never* actually available even to those they promised them to until 3 months post launch!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ms Ezri Tegan, Commander USS Beaver (randomly generated - I kid you not ;))

Don't you just love the 23rd Century?
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If memory serves...

They said the offer for the uniforms would ONLY be available through CO lifetime, with no plans to offer them another way, which is not the same as saying they'd NEVER be available another way or that there wouldn't be another offer.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Definitely an awesome job on both the TOS and MU uniform parts for the ladies! Kudos to Matt and the art team there for all the great work!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yay for MU... well worth the wait :)

http://www.royalweddings.net/star_trek/yay.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If memory serves...

They said the offer for the uniforms would ONLY be available through CO lifetime, with no plans to offer them another way, which is not the same as saying they'd NEVER be available another way or that there wouldn't be another offer.

I had quite a few ppl asking me how to get Female MU Uniforms. I recommend they put together a poll only for CO Lifers, asking if we'd be ok with them being sold on the C-Store and for how much.

They did a wonderful job on these uniforms and could make some money off them. But Cryptic needs to make sure CO Lifers are ok with it, otherwise it would just open up yet another a can of drama.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I had quite a few ppl asking me how to get Female MU Uniforms. I recommend they put together a poll only for CO Lifers, asking if we'd be ok with them being sold on the C-Store and for how much.

They did a wonderful job on these uniforms and could make some money off them. But Cryptic needs to make sure CO Lifers are ok with it, otherwise it would just open up yet another a can of drama.

Nobody asked me if I was okay with them GIVING AWAY codes for the TOS uniform in a promotion when it was supposed to be a DDE exclusive, so why should Champions lifers get a say in MU uniforms being SOLD?
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Back when CO lifetime was offered, they told us specifically that the MU uniform would only be available as part of that offer and no other way. Based on that info I took a leap of faith that was far greater than the one for STO on a game that was highly buggy and very incomplete.

Note this is not them saying some vaguely defined 'exclusive' wording. This was them telling me very directly when asked 'no other way.'

So I would object strenuously if it were made available on the C-store. Not because I'm concerned about 'exclusiveness' but because I had to make a $300 investment (on an entirely different game!) to get something that was made available for under $10. Thats not right. Especially given the uniforms were months late and we've only had them about 3 days now.

But if they put them as a Vet reward at say the 500 day mark, I'd tolerate it. Because that would mean that had I not gone lifetime, it would still have required a similar financial investment. Again, to an entirely unrelated game, but I'd be willing to split the difference at that point.
This discussion has been closed.