Install Arc
Options

Xbox 360 Controller Keybinds

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    in game type /bind_save_file 360s
    under C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live you will find this file u just made
    open it up as a txt doc
    copy all the text in copy_to_360s.txt and paste it into the 360s file and save it
    in game type /bind_load_file 360s
    Enjoy

key commands as follows :

Speed - = Left Bumper Press
    Speed + = Right Bumper Press
    Full Speed = Both Bumper Press
    Target = Rt Trigge
    Target Prev = LTrigger + RTrigger
    Camra Reset Pos = Rstick Press
    Scan Map = Start
    Map = Back

Fire Slot 1 = A
    Fire Slot 2 = X
    Fire Slot 3 = Y
    Fire Slot 4 = B
    Fire Slot 5 = Down
    Fire Slot 6 = Left
    Fire Slot 7 = Up
    Fire Slot 8 = Right

Fire Slot a1 = Lt + A
    Fire Slot a2 = Lt + X
    Fire Slot a3 = Lt + Y
    Fire Slot a4 = Lt + B
    Fire Slot a5 = Lt + Down
    Fire Slot a6 = Lt + Left
    Fire Slot a7 = Lt + Up
    Fire Slot a8 = Lt + Right

Shileds Front = Lt + Rstick Up
    Shields Back - Lt + Rstick Down
    Shields Right = Lt + Rstick Right
    Shields Left = Lt + Rstick Left
    Shields Even = Lt = Rstick Press
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've been trying to set my xbox 360 controller for a couple days now, and have been having some difficulty. I can't seem to figure out how to assign both triggers to be full throttle, right bumper with the a b x y keys to be bridge officer, left bumper with the a b x y keys to be personal powers/devices, and the d pad to be my shields. Otherwise AWESOME and thanks for the help guys!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Got my full copy of STO today, and still haven't been able to figure out the last few /bind functions. . . anyone help me out a bit? I need to bind the right bumper to the a b x y buttons with bridge officers, left bumper and a b x y to personal ship commands, both triggers to full throttle, and d pad to the corresponding shields (forward right rear left). It keeps giving me "unknown command" errors.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    having a problem with the file 360s

I get it bound ingame but the "left trigger+a,x,y,b" doesnt do the A'actions... it seemed to do the C'actions but then wouldnt do that
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay, I'm gonna be dumb about this; so, do you just plug in the controller and *poof* you have joystick control. Or, is there some program to add to the mix?

I've plugged it in the USB, but get nothing. I followed the simple /bind joypad_right throttleadjust .10 (from memory not cut/paste) for the four positions ... nothing.

I know I'm lame, sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey, just purchased the game and a xbox 360 controller hoping to ply it. I'm using the latest revisions of the bind files with some success, but still choppy or flaky (meaning that it doesn't always work as intended) at sometimes. It seems to have been a while since anyone has posted any updates to mapping the controller. Has anyone had any breakthroughs? Does anyone feel like it plays perfectly on their current bind file? Please post some new files for me to work with. I'm doing my best to understand it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Haven't been playing much lately, but when I do my 360 controller setup works fine. If anyone needs help with the setup message me and I'll reply after work. Don't have any of my files here.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Anyone know if the new controller updates in tribble work with the 360 pad
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Since you can save this to a file is there any chance you could upload yours somewhere for others to get or does it save the file on the server and not your local computer?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    masclobo wrote: »
    Found a fix: i edited my bind file to say RB "null" LB "null" fixed the switiching target on me

What is the command for Fire All Weapons? I can't seem to figure it out. I wouldl ike to assign it to a button on the joystick.

Is there some place that will list ALL of the possible things we can assign?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You should just be able to set them to auto fire upon targeting the enemy.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Brilliant stuff!

Once I got my head around around this I found this extremely useful.

Is there a way to invert the up and down motion of the free camera though?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Crazy_Wolf wrote:
    Brilliant stuff!

Once I got my head around around this I found this extremely useful.

Is there a way to invert the up and down motion of the free camera though?

You should just be able to bind the directions to the joystick.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I've been trying but can't figure out the exact line of code to put into the chat box to bind it. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll look at my txt file tonight when I get home.... Maybe I can help.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Cruz, that'd be brilliant. :)

I've blundered my way through most of it but it's just inverting the up/down motion of the right stick for camera that's slowing me down. :D

Shame they haven't released a xbox controller patch speaking as a none computer person myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OMG this was the best thread ever! thank you!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Best Thanx
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok, right, yes. I have a problem.

I have placed the two .txt files in the Live folder and then typed in the command /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4, hit return and........nothing, commands are not bound to any keys. What am I doing wrong.:confused:

Thanks

Scamp.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    skylr616 wrote: »
    Great stuff. This deserves a sticky.

This game is a pleasure to play from the couch!

Bump. I totally agree :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Anyone applying these tricks using a Saitek X45 or X52?

I have found a technical issue, determined it's cause, and am now seeking a workaround.

The issue is found on, but not limited to, Saitek X52 and X45 HOTAS joysticks. The issue is the 2 sliders (Mode and Aux) are continually transmitting their position (1 of 3 positions, in each case) as Slider1 and Slider2. These override some but not all signals from the throttle. The solution in other games is to have the game ignore/disable these slider's signals:

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=619&version=8&sid=c29124b1694472aecfb48e3197f1315a
    This problem is normally caused by certain joysticks and other input devices that have buttons (or more commonly switches) which send a continuous signal to the game. This effect causes some problems with the way DirectX handles joystick/joypad input, and leads to the keyboard repeat problem. The most common devices to cause this are Saitek X45 and X52 joysticks, but these are not the only ones to do it.

The fix for this is to ignore one or all of the buttons that is generated by the switch, and X3 includes a means to do this. To ignore a button, follow these steps:

Locate the shortcut to X3 that you use to play the game (Start Menu, Desktop, Quick launch, etc.).

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.

In the Target box, add the following to the end of the command listed in the box:
    -ignorejoy 1
    Replace 1 with the number of the button to ignore - may take some trial and error to find.

Add another -ignorejoy N entry for each additional button to ignore

Click OK

Repeat for any other shortcuts you use to launch the game

Hopefully that will take care of it although it is possible that this won't be a complete workaround for some hardware.

Unfortunately, this is not for THIS game.

What I am seeking is either a shortcut switch or a command line I can use to disable Slider1 and Slider2 inputs to STO. Any clues as to what might work?

I will re-post this in the technical support thread as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There's so much information in this thread over the span of a year that it confuses me a bit. I bought a 360 controller but am not home yet to test it out. As it stands in december how difficult is it to get everything setup and bound? Also, is it possible to map more or less everything so I only have to use the keyboard for just chatting? Lastly, are there any bind setups from other more experinced players available for downloading somewhere?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've got everything working very nicely in space but am having one final issue. To be able to look around with my camera with the right stick I need to have free camera on. I like the camera to follow my target, but when I use that my right stick does nothing. Is there a way I can have my camera lock on my target allowing me to look around using my right stick?

I'm using the rev4 bindings posted on page 10 of this thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was using the xbox keybinds rev4 just fine, but then I updated to windows 7, since then I haven't been able to load my keybinds into the game. I have moved the files to the appropriate folder in the game, but they won't load, any ideas?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'd love to use my controller, but it seems that I can't keybind anything to in in the menus, and after reading through the thread here...

...Cryptic should really make it easier then having to bind them all manually.:(

I'm not sure I want to deal with it... I like some of the revision files that everyone has come up with, but I really would like to play around with it a bit.

I just started a new character and it'd be cool to run him through using the controller this time, but ugh...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well my xbox360 controller won't work

I've downloaded the files and ityped in the dialogue but NADA

it is windows 7 64x thought - is this a common problemn?

I don't seem to b able to alter commands manually either
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    XPadder is the best program to use when trying to play STO with the 360 controller. Completely customizable and works great. I've used it since lauch and haven't needed anything else since.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, I searched this thread but couldn't find it. Can someone please explain to a newb how exactly to enter these bind codes? I'm new to pc gaming. I usually play with a controller, and have tried xpadder, but think binding would be better, specifically for shooting. Thx!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    sariel2005 wrote: »
    well my xbox360 controller won't work

I've downloaded the files and ityped in the dialogue but NADA

it is windows 7 64x thought - is this a common problemn?

I don't seem to b able to alter commands manually either

Yes, I am having the same problem. I tried XP Mode but STO just freezes when I try to boot it up.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I tried making an STO xpadder profile but it just turned out to be more faff than it was worth. As I understand it if they really wanna go down that route, all they have to do is pay Microsoft somewhere in the region of 20,000 dollars for the "Games for Windows" banner and they'll make it work with the 360 pad.

Slippery slope though. First it's gamepad optimisation, next thing you know you've got Baldur's Gate 2.
This discussion has been closed.