What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox 360 Controller Keybinds

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, thats good to know, but I did try to load your /binds from the chat window. I tried that first actually. But i get the same result. My joypad seems not to work, and the same with most buttons. I can get the camera to rotate and i can get pitch up and down and left and right turn, but no impulse... I tried changing your bind so that impulse was set to my lstick (since I had pitch working ok) to see if that would work, but had no luck....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    man, that's odd.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here are my latest keybind files.

installing
    1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
    2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4
    3. repeat for the second set of bindings (x360_groundREV4)

NOTE that some bindings have changed from my original jpegs posted on pg3. I will update for reference tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alright, so I deleted them in the altogether and then started from scratch. It worked great this time.... In retrospect, I'm not entirely certain that I placed a n underscore in between the "x360" and "space" or "ground". Knowing myself, I may have missed that important little detail. Either way, it's working great now. Is there a way to move around in the windows when they're open? IE: I can use the "back" button to open the map, but once opened, can I switch between area, galaxy and system etc? Or if I have multiple options to choose from when speaking to an NPC, is there a way to cycle between answers? Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I tried your rev4 files and i'm still fubared. Fire phasers gives message "Gensendmessage <string> <string>"
    the scanforclickes says "unknown command". I dont understand how if this is workjing for you, why it wont work for me. BTW i'm using a wired xbox360 gamepad
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is there a way to have mouselook inverted Y on the controller, but not on the mouse?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cruz09 wrote:
    Is there a way to move around in the windows when they're open? IE: I can use the "back" button to open the map, but once opened, can I switch between area, galaxy and system etc? Or if I have multiple options to choose from when speaking to an NPC, is there a way to cycle between answers? Thanks for all your help!
    Windows with tabs (map, vendors, etc.) are usually swapped with the left/right bumper bars. NPC dialogue options should be selectable with the Joypad up/down, then A to confirm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kakurenbo wrote:
    Windows with tabs (map, vendors, etc.) are usually swapped with the left/right bumper bars. NPC dialogue options should be selectable with the Joypad up/down, then A to confirm.

Ka's right, but I've found it to be spotty. sometimes I can hit left/right or up/down on the crosspad to choose options in an onscreen prompt, and other times I can't. as for the map, I've found that the triggers control the zoom level, but that's about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is there a way to have mouselook inverted Y on the controller, but not on the mouse?

not that I've found. Anyone?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Barinor wrote: »
    I tried your rev4 files and i'm still fubared. Fire phasers gives message "Gensendmessage <string> <string>"
    the scanforclickes says "unknown command". I dont understand how if this is workjing for you, why it wont work for me. BTW i'm using a wired xbox360 gamepad

that it's a wired controller shouldn't have anything to do with it, BUT because it seems to be the only factor that's different I have to suspect it. Anyone else have success using the /bind files with a wired controller?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Don't know what i'm doing wrong but can't get it to work with my wired 360 controller :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got it to work for the most part with my wired 360 controller using the keybind files located in this message thread. Here are the changes I had to make:

1. I had to replace "(null)" with ""
    2. I had to map joystick1 down to backward for ground combat.
    3. For space combat I had to remap my face buttons for my BO skills. I think that's something that will be different for everyone.

It doesn't completely eliminate the need for the keyboard and mouse. I have issues like not being able to use the A button to pick up items when I'm in combat. It works fine outside combat. I still use the mouse for the map, hailing starfleet and accessing things through menus.

Overall the 360 controller isn't perfect but for combat it takes a lot of stress off my hands and wrists.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im running a wired 360 controller only thing thats doing my head in is the fact my ship slows right down when i turn (try and hover your mouse ofer the speed bar and see if your speed changes when you make slight stick inputs?) and it tries for a second to move up when i want to go down, really getting old, nobody else having this issue?

My speed will litterally drop to 0.40 if i hold the stick quarter the way, its fine if i move it fully just dosent like small inputs very frustrating mouse works fine!

wish i could get the left stick to work like the mouse does with both buttons held down!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    a quick update, the target next and target previous work fine in GROUND combat but still fail in space. Looks like until cryptic get the finger out and adds support we gonna need to put up with odd results.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Raymond, what's "button 4" in your /bind file mean? I mean, what button is that?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cynabal wrote: »
    My speed will litterally drop to 0.40 if i hold the stick quarter the way, its fine if i move it fully just dosent like small inputs very frustrating mouse works fine!

I am getting the same error on my wireless controller. Have not been able to sort out why it's happening.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    a quick update, the target next and target previous work fine in GROUND combat but still fail in space. Looks like until cryptic get the finger out and adds support we gonna need to put up with odd results.

this may be due to the fact that most ground targets are in front of you. In space, they tend to be all around -- be sure you have "tab select targets that are off camera" activated in your menu options! (this one threw me for a while too)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cruz09 wrote:
    Raymond, what's "button 4" in your /bind file mean? I mean, what button is that?

I believe that is IN on the RIGHT STICK.

I currently have it set to activate target chase camera in space (from free look) and crouch while on the ground. Explanations of the button layouts are in the initial post of this thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone had problems getting the interactwindow command (for picking up items, etc) to work? It seems if the scan/loot prompts come up on the side of the screen (they usually come up on the side if you're in combat) rather than the center, pressing the interact button will bring the interact prompt to the center of the screen but then it won't work, in fact, you'll be stuck in place unless you jump or melee strike to get out of it or use the mouse to click it. I am using the A button to interact at the moment, I never seemed to have this problem when using the start button but I only did so briefly. I'll have to switch back to the start button when I get home for verifiable results, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or even has a solution for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah i get that problem with the A button. I just mouseclick it to get round it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    here are the revised images for the /bind files I uploaded last night.

note that the face buttons correspond to certain slots in my trays. your results will vary depending on where you have placed your powers, and how many you have. (ie- I have chosen cruiser for my T2 ship, and have a second engineer as indicated by the shift+B combo)

All other bindings should work as shown because they go to corresponding /bind traits and not power tray slots.

Also note that I have added commands to ground (team attack my target and team reform on me (from waypoint)) and space (target next friendly - very handy once you get ship to ship buffing powers)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Going to try your rev4 binds now. I'm currently having some problems with the ground binds. I beam down to sol station, and can move normally, however after a few seconds my lstick_up begins moving me to the left instead of forward, etc. is this limited to the sol station, or is anyone else having this problem anywhere else?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah i get that problem with the A button. I just mouseclick it to get round it.

Same here. Its annoying, but small price to pay for being able to use a controller.

Oh, and *bump*.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was curious, but does anyone know how to bind an input to be recongized as a "double tap"

Such as double tapping my right joystick forward would intitiate rerouting power to my forward shield or cause my character to roll forward (for some reason with my binds this no longer happens).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i noticed a couple Power_Exec in the OP binds referenced a power by name. is there a list of power names that work with power_exec yet?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hi All,

I was wondering if someone may know where I can get more info on the usetrayslot command. Im specifically looking for more details on what the 2 numbers after the command need reference.

Regards,
    Rylic
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are a total of 3 trays. In game they're numbered 1-3 however when binding, tray 1 becomes tray 0, tray 2 becomes tray 1 and tray 3 becomes tray 2. Each tray has 8 slots. In game the slots are numbered 1-8, however for binding slot 1 becomes slot 0 and slot 2 becomes slot 1 etc.

So if I want to bind whatever I have assigned to tray 1, slot 1 (as it appears in the game), when binding, I would use "usetrayslot0 0"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Been trying this for a while now but just cant get it to work. Appreciate the hard work gone into this ive put the pspace txt in the live folder and run chat command for space rev4 . Only things that seem to work for me are shift and face slots and pitch and roll. nothing else works at all 360 wired controller.

I have my game installed via Steam not normal install really looking forward to using controller hate keyboard and mouse for any flying games.

Cheers
    Mick
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Try renaming the keybinds to something simple like 360space.txt and 360ground.txt.

Now type /bind and wait for the text suggestions to appear. Scroll down to /lbind_load_file or whatever, should be the third option. Press enter to select it.

Now after that string is preloaded in the chat window, type 360space.txt or 360ground.txt

Now reposition your hotbar icons to use the slots now labeled and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This was brought up earlier, but has anyone had any luck yet with binding InteractWindow specifically? The best testing ground for this is at an Anomalous Reading on the Ground, unlike corpse loot it will not go away over time. However, be sure to not actually loot the reading or it will go away ;) just hit cancel when the loot window comes up.

Here is the unacceptable behavior of binding it to a button:
    When in "combat mode" InteractWindow will not work with a button on the X360 Gamepad, you will get the window popped up (that says on the bottom Click or hit F) but will be unable to do anything unless you click elsewhere, jump, melee attack. "Combat mode" can be recognized by the "Scan Anomalous Reading" button being shown in the "Low Priority" fly-out (whether or not the prompt window is also at center screen). You will also not be able to use a Tribble, so if your Tribble is greyed out in your tray, you're still in "combat mode". If you're not in combat anymore you can test this by doing a melee attack, you will see the message move from center screen to the LP area.

Once the game clears you from combat mode, InteractWindow as a mapped X360 Gamepad button will work normally. In the example of an AR, it will scan the reading and bring up the resource loot window.

This can be recognized as "abnormal behavior" because even with a re-mapping in place, the F key will scan the AR whether you are in combat mode or not. Again, to test this one can just do a melee attack and then instantly hit F, it will scan and bring up the loot window. Repeat by doing a melee attack and then instantly hit your InteractWindow button on the Gamepad and it will not work.

--Has anyone had success mapping InteractWindow on the X360 Gamepad where it works exactly as F key does?
This discussion has been closed.