Options

Xbox 360 Controller Keybinds

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Raymond.Makowski

installing
    1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
    2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4
    3. repeat for the second set of bindings (x360_groundREV4)

i try but nuthing not work, I take it when I enter the command, nothing happens no q activate something or change something in settings?,, the only thing that makes me change the camera's control or move the camera away but to me before using your commands.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The numbers are out of sync ..they should be...

Ab "+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
    Xb "+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
    Yb "+TrayExecByTray 0 2"
    Bb "+TrayExecByTray 0 3"
    joy7+Ab "+TrayExecByTray 0 4"
    joy7+Xb "+TrayExecByTray 0 5"
    joy7+Yb "+TrayExecByTray 0 6"
    joy7+Bb "+TrayExecByTray 0 7"

If they dont do anything at all in game I can only guess that you arent actually loading the config file after you log in using /bind_load_file TRIBBLE.txt
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, anyone figure out how to get rolling to work by double tapping the movement joystick in the appropriate direction if it stopped?

Still trying to figure out how to remap this function.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jadel thanks very much, that worked like a charm.

Is the back button still bugged?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    So, anyone figure out how to get rolling to work by double tapping the movement joystick in the appropriate direction if it stopped?

Still trying to figure out how to remap this function.

so you're saying that double tappping the stick in a direction used to work, but now doesn't? Hmmm. wish I could help, but double tapping still works for me. (though can be a bit tricky with the analog stick)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jadel thanks very much, that worked like a charm.

Is the back button still bugged?

thanks to Jadel for squaring you away while I was out. And yes, back motion is still bugged as far as I know.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    fedeb wrote:
    i try but nuthing not work, I take it when I enter the command, nothing happens no q activate something or change something in settings?,, the only thing that makes me change the camera's control or move the camera away but to me before using your commands.....

Hmmm. we must be missing something here.

try loading only the space /bind file while in space. later, when on the ground, load the ground /bind file. maybe this is confusing the system. you will know if the /bind has worked if you can use the d-pad (digital pad under the left analog stick) to control speed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    An update for anyone having problems with the interact window command....if you map that command to the start button, it will work, even if the prompt comes up on the side of the screen during combat. One press will bring it to the center of the screen and another will activate it. Usually pressing the "A" button will work to loot each individual item once you have the loot window open. And to those who suggested using the mouse to loot, you're missing the point entirely.

Another annoying thing is the inability to move successfully with the joystick in crowded places like starbases or memory alpha or even ground fleet actions like Breaking the Planet. Having to switch back to mouse and keyboard for that mission is extremely annoying and does much to hamper my enjoyment of the ground combat. Any breakthroughs on this issue will be tremendously appreciated.

Also, has anyone figured out how to roll in any direction other than forward using the controller?

And Raymond, I see on your layout, you have power settings mapped as alt presses on your d-pad. I could not find those commands in the keybind menu, how did you find them? FYI, I'm using the chat commands to map my layout, don't have X-Padder or anything like that.

Also, in case anyone is interested, you can also map emotes to the controller. In place of whatever command you would usually input (usetrayslot0 0, etc) you just put in what you would normally type for the emote minus the slash. ie (/bind ltrigger+joypad_down emote facepalm)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so you're saying that double tappping the stick in a direction used to work, but now doesn't? Hmmm. wish I could help, but double tapping still works for me. (though can be a bit tricky with the analog stick)

Yeah, when I set my controller up it originally would roll upon double tapping the movement joystick and now nothing. Haven't figured out why it stopped operating, I haven't cleared my binds to test if it will go back to its original state, though I suspect it will.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, when I set my controller up it originally would roll upon double tapping the movement joystick and now nothing. Haven't figured out why it stopped operating, I haven't cleared my binds to test if it will go back to its original state, though I suspect it will.

Just wondering, to those for whom rolling works and for those whom it doesn't: did you map movement controls to your joystick, or are you relying on the default keybinds? (the game, after all will let you move with the joystick without having to change anything) Also, are you using Xpadder or some external program or are you using the in-game commands?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am using a slightly modified version of the Rev4 keybinds (modified some of the icon bar keys) and can roll just fine. Only issue is the same as I have in CO, get too many items in one spot and have to use the mouse/keyboard to extract myself. Also the interact button is hit and miss. Otherwise, especially considering this game doesn't officially support the controller, I love using this controller!

Bought it for CO and now hate playing without it. Having it work in STO is fantastic and it feels right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sovek wrote: »
    An update for anyone having problems with the interact window command....if you map that command to the start button, it will work, even if the prompt comes up on the side of the screen during combat. One press will bring it to the center of the screen and another will activate it. Usually pressing the "A" button will work to loot each individual item once you have the loot window open.

Interesting. I have it mapped to A. I wonder why mine isn't acting properly all the time. A button is a button...
    Another annoying thing is the inability to move successfully with the joystick in crowded places like starbases or memory alpha or even ground fleet actions like Breaking the Planet. Having to switch back to mouse and keyboard for that mission is extremely annoying and does much to hamper my enjoyment of the ground combat. Any breakthroughs on this issue will be tremendously appreciated.

Also, has anyone figured out how to roll in any direction other than forward using the controller?

Both of these may be related to the binds. are you using the default ability to move when you plug the controller in, or have you remapped to the stick? (remapping to the stick eliminated both issues for me.)
    And Raymond, I see on your layout, you have power settings mapped as alt presses on your d-pad. I could not find those commands in the keybind menu, how did you find them? FYI, I'm using the chat commands to map my layout, don't have X-Padder or anything like that.

They were either in the OP's post in this thread, or I found them in the beta version of this post that is now lost to the internet... they're specific command lines that I simply copied and pasted.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just wondering, to those for whom rolling works and for those whom it doesn't: did you map movement controls to your joystick, or are you relying on the default keybinds? (the game, after all will let you move with the joystick without having to change anything) Also, are you using Xpadder or some external program or are you using the in-game commands?

I used the default controls for movement,. I did not map them. Not sure why rolling would stop working exactly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does anybody know if the chat pad accessory work with STO? If so, it'd let you have the ergonomics of movement, using main functions, etc with the Xbox controller while letting you easily use your powers and less used functions.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I used the default controls for movement,. I did not map them. Not sure why rolling would stop working exactly.

try mapping them. this solved most issues for me.

left stick is one of the few inputs that will read in the actual keybinds menu. so it should take you only a few seconds! (note that the back direction is bugged, and should remain unmapped)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does anybody know if the chat pad accessory work with STO? If so, it'd let you have the ergonomics of movement, using main functions, etc with the Xbox controller while letting you easily use your powers and less used functions.

huh. never thought of this. I'm doubtful though, as the game understands the buttons with specific designations. how would it see the chat pad, as joy16 thru joy42? still, will try when I get home tonite.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MS won't support the chat accessory for Windows. Devs confirmed that several times on the CO board.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    svzurich wrote: »
    MS won't support the chat accessory for Windows. Devs confirmed that several times on the CO board.

good to know.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    try mapping them. this solved most issues for me.

left stick is one of the few inputs that will read in the actual keybinds menu. so it should take you only a few seconds! (note that the back direction is bugged, and should remain unmapped)

This certainly did resolve the issue.

However, I only did a bind for forward, backward, left, and right. This is causing the joystick to not allow combinations of direction such as forward and right, forward and left, etc. It leaves for a non-fluid movement on the ground.

I'm not sure how to bind it unless it would be Lstick_forward+right "+forward+right" which just looks inccrrect to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    chill182 wrote: »
    I got it to work for the most part with my wired 360 controller using the keybind files located in this message thread. Here are the changes I had to make:

1. I had to replace "(null)" with ""
    2. I had to map joystick1 down to backward for ground combat.
    3. For space combat I had to remap my face buttons for my BO skills. I think that's something that will be different for everyone.

It doesn't completely eliminate the need for the keyboard and mouse. I have issues like not being able to use the A button to pick up items when I'm in combat. It works fine outside combat. I still use the mouse for the map, hailing starfleet and accessing things through menus.

Overall the 360 controller isn't perfect but for combat it takes a lot of stress off my hands and wrists.

What is the command for face buttons for BO skills? I am assuming this means that you bind 1 button to every BO and then are able to select their skills? If so I'd really like to know since I am quickly runnng out of buttons binding to each BO skill seperately.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Last night when I logged on, I had to re-assign all of my abilities to my slots. I don't really know why... I didn't change ships or anything, it was rather odd.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    happens to me all the time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anyone know how to introduce a delay into this system? Currently, all the abilities/powers/commands bound to a key activate all at the same instant.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The only time my buttons have changed is when I upgrade ships. This is from the auto-bar filling as my officers can give more than one skill. I have not otherwise had any issue save for when surrounded by several people/items and I can't move. Just have to use keyboard/mouse to back up and the controller is fine again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Adios, everyone!

March is rapidly approaching, and the game is nowhere near worth $15 a month in its current state. I hope my bindings were helpful to anyone who sought them, and many thanks to those in this thread that made vast improvements to them and the general binding knowledge base!

Live long and prosper!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thank you for your help, Ray. I hope you return soon and stay well.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Ray!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    does anyone here have a problem with the RB and LB buttons acting as tab keys when you haven't assigned them as such?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wanted to use LB in conjuction with A-Y and was having this problem so I bound Select Previous Target to RB and then bound Select Target to RB to make sure LB was not bound (if there is a was to unbind with a command I dont know it) Now I only use RB to target and LB does nothing unless I hold it and hit A-Y.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Found a fix: i edited my bind file to say RB "null" LB "null" fixed the switiching target on me
This discussion has been closed.