What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I believe that LtJG GothamKitty has the highest pitched voice in the Fleet; she has the best shot at breaking some glass.

Lotus Fleet does have positions open so check us out if you'd like to be a part of a well-managed, mature Fleet. Have a great day!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not only the highest pitched voiced, but GK also has an apptitude for stringing together a series of "colorful metaphors" that would make the average sailor blush. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not only the highest pitched voiced, but GK also has an apptitude for stringing together a series of "colorful metaphors" that would make the average sailor blush. ;)
    Yes, but she only does that around adults. She cools her language jets when my son (or anyone else who is uncomfortable with it) is gaming with me. :)

@Adm Athos--she has to get up to at least C above scale to beat my highest singing note. Bet her infectious laughter will get the glass, though. :p I love gaming with her--she's a total riot.

Speaking of gaming, how long did it take for you all to do your trial run of The Cure tonight?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Great idea to hold a scouting mission/trial run of The Cure on Friday. I wanted to be there, but Logan airport was at a ground stop for 1 hr due to T-storms which bogged up all incoming flights... I did not get home until late last night. But...that leaves plenty of fun for Sundays activities.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JaeOnasi wrote:

... Speaking of gaming, how long did it take for you all to do your trial run of The Cure tonight?

:eek: Ouch...more painful than I remember completing it before. Then about 80% of the way through we lost a member. Then there were 4 of us trying to activate 5 devices to lower/deactivate shield walls while trying to prevent workers from deactivating them while dealing with elite tactical borg, medical, drones, etc... it wasn't a pretty sight.

Were taking it on again today. Hopefully with 5 players throughout the mission.

Jump in and join us if you can.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :eek: Ouch...more painful than I remember completing it before. Then about 80% of the way through we lost a member. Then there were 4 of us trying to activate 5 devices to lower/deactivate shield walls while trying to prevent workers from deactivating them while dealing with elite tactical borg, medical, drones, etc... it wasn't a pretty sight.

Were taking it on again today. Hopefully with 5 players throughout the mission.

Jump in and join us if you can.

Congrats on successfully completing it last night! I had fun listening in to you all on Teamspeak.

Fleet meeting is tonight, and we have just about all the Star Trek Mad Lib words filled in for me to read it at the round table discussion after the meeting. The question will be if I can keep from laughing through the whole thing so you all can understand what I'm even saying. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JaeOnasi wrote:
    Congrats on successfully completing it last night! I had fun listening in to you all on Teamspeak.

Thanks Jae. It was a well-coordinated team effort that allowed us to complete The Cure is a relatively reasonable amount of time. GK post some very good screenshots of us along the way. You talk about a decicated, focused yet fun group of fleet members taking on one of STO's more challenging Special Task Force misssions.... Thank goodness for Teamspeak which once again allowed us to discusss strategy throughout this challenging mission :D

This was after we zipped our way through Infected the week before.

Up next: The Khitomer Accord!!!

JaeOnasi wrote:
    Fleet meeting is tonight, and we have just about all the Star Trek Mad Lib words filled in for me to read it at the round table discussion after the meeting. The question will be if I can keep from laughing through the whole thing so you all can understand what I'm even saying. :D

Evshell and I added all the remaining parts of speech.... so the Mad Lib is now complete.

We'll all be looking forward to hearing this very extensive one... that you may have to practice a few times before attempting to reading it live tonight!
    :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Reading "Adm. Kirk said, "This is MY hockey puck!!" was hilarious. You can hear me read it in the latest fleet meeting recording. I had fun doing all the voices, although a soprano female reading the Sulu parts just does not do him justice at all. LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys - been a long time since I dropped by to say hi - so I had to do something about that...
    "hi"

Hope all is well with the Lotuses.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for dropping by Ithaqua and Hello Back!

I'm shocked that no one posted about Lotus Fleet's STFs from last week. While the dry-run of The Cure was a little rough, the scheduled STF went smooth... we ran through in about 3hr 15 min, and ole' Aremek of Borg was taken down in less than 2 min. BooYaa!

We also held an audio quiz which was a lot of fun; congrats to the winners!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I REALLY need to get my house sold so I can game more. >.<
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, if you're selling it for EC, I'd buy it. Otherwise, sorry. But best of luck.

Anyway, I wanted to send a hello from the TOS Veterans fleet, and wish you all a relaxing weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks!

Feel free to join me on the Tribble server. I'm trying to figure out how to make the new ground combat mode work.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    For those that celebrate it, Happy Independence Day! Thank you to the men and women that serve so that we can be free! Freedom is not free.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Are you excited to try out Season Four? Would you like to try it with some new friends? Look no further than Lotus Fleet!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    A friendly hello from the TOS Veterans fleet. Hope you all are doing well.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And a friendly hello back at you TOS Veterans Fleet!

I hope that everyone is excited about Season 4. I haven't actually been able to play with it yet, but I'm sure there will be gaming in the next couple of days. Ground combat and Fleet instances are of most interest to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm looking forward to those interlink nodes being gone in the Borg STF tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hope you ended up selling your house JaeOnasi!!

I was just on looking at your beautiful website today and admiring all of the work and information that went into it. Please accept my respects to you and your fleet from the TOS Veterans. May we fly at your side one of these days soon.

Respectfully yours Ambassador KATRA of the TOS Veterans Advisory Council
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you for the good wishes on selling the home, and the compliments on the site!

Lotus Fleet is running Khitomer Accords today at 4:30pm EDT--all are welcome to come join us for fun. Come early if you need to set up Teamspeak, and we'll help you out.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, one of our fleet members had tried and tried to get the Cure done in the past, so our team decided to help him out and get him his Cure credit so he could join our bunch that are going to do Khitomer Accords. We'll be doing Khitomer Accord next weekend!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey Jae,
    Yes, The Cure was quite a different challenge with the revamped ground mission approach implemented throughout STO. Despite the re-thinking and often recalibrating... we fought our way through it again and he earned his STO goodies.
    :D

GK and I are planning a slew of upcoming STO fleet/team activities... so this would be a great time for new members to join in if they'd like to participate in a variety of team activities and work their way through every mission; including all of the STF's. We'll be discussing this during tonight's Lotus team Fleet Meeting.

Be there or be a rhombus quadrilateral!
    :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I have no Star Trek Mad Libs for the meeting tonight, but the one 2 weeks ago was quite long! I'll search out another one for next week.

The realtor comes to our house Wednesday! :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I hope everything goes well when the Realtor arrives Jae! Tells you you're gonna gonna get lots of cash for the house and such!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully I will get Infected done soon so I can work my way to getting to the KA
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We'll help you get Infected completed...no problem pal.

Well, we had a great Fleet meeting on Monday. 17 some members showed up to include someone who had just signed up on the forums that day. We had promotions and awards and a great time simply talking with each other. Next week is a big surprise so I can't wait for that meeting!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The suspense is killing me. Too bad I will probably have to work. Last meeting was great though.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Everyone should make sure they have their STO game patched, too, so that they can join us all in game if possible. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We are putting together a variety of STF's and other mission events in the Operations Department.

We've helped member complete all of the STFs and are contining to offer this opportunity for any member who wants to complete any or all these challenging missions and earn cool gear in addition to other rewards.

Check our Events Posts to sign up and check the calendar for upcoming STO team activities.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I posted about our adventures with The Cure STF (click here). :p