Install Arc

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The puns...OH the puns!!! :p
    edited May 2011
    For those Star Trek enthusists who love to read and write and would really like to be involved in creating stories with you being an important crew member of any species on a virtual Starship with a crew of fellow Star Trek enthusists, then check out the link below.

http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=450

There key roles on each starship. They include:

Captain, First Officer, Chief of Security, Chief Science Officer, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Engineer.
    The job of the Chiefs is to ensure that their department is working in harmony with the other departments.
    There are other roles on the ship as well: Conn, Transporter Chief, Counselor.
    These are all very important roles, but ones not handled by a player character. (NPC)

You can also check out the stories that have been completed along with ones in progress.

I am a Vulcan and the Chief Science Officer aboard the USS Artemis. We just completed a mission last week entitled "Port in the Storm". Check it out... that is if you like exciting Star Trek stories! This one has been novelized too.

Currently we are creating a new one entitled "I Stand Alone". You can check out the progress and development of the story on a daily basis.
    edited May 2011
    Role-playing is a ton of fun. Initially, I was about the biggest chicken there was about joining, and Cmdr. NEligahn, Adm. Kheren, and Cmdr. Mishy assured me it was a lot of fun and that the fleet would be very supportive. They are! I'm now having a lot of fun RPing a Chief Medical Officer named Dr. Jolie Bindo on the USS McKenzie, which is a Defiant class in our fleet. Dr. Bindo's Betazoid mother sniffs and calls it 'a little breadbox' and isn't quite sure if it's a good enough ship for her daughter, but Dr. Bindo enjoys the challenges!
    edited May 2011
    We will be hosting a fleet event to do the remastered episodes this weekend! Join us Sunday, 7:30 pm EDT/2330 GMT as we check out all the cool stuff the devs have done for us. Feel free to contact us in game by joining our chat channel: just type /channel_join Lotus Fleet Friends. We look forward to gaming with fleetmates and friends!
    edited May 2011
    I'll be there...cuz i dont wanna be 1/2 a rectangle. :)
    edited May 2011
    I just hope i wont be the only one. :p
    edited May 2011
    I came in late, but I made it! A group of us went together, and we did Stranded in Space. We got a couple accolades out of it, and it was fun to see the new cutscenes. The Azura II item will be great--I'm such a packrat that being able to hail the ship anywhere will be a huge help!
    edited May 2011
    Happy Memorial Day to all those who are serving, have served, and most importantly, have lost loved ones while fighting for the freedoms we enjoy today. Thank you for your service and your sacrifices.
    edited May 2011
    Lotus Fleet recruitment: we believe in high quality, not quantity!!
    edited May 2011
    Hey Jae,

Happy Memorial Day to everyone.

Nice job on this month's Newsletter! :D

Are we srill conducting a meeting this evening?
    edited May 2011
    We are having a round table discussion instead of any formal meeting tonight. If the Star Trek mad lib is done, I'll read that. Hehehe.

How about an impromptu event with one of the remastered episodes?
    edited May 2011
    Please invite me to your fleet.
    edited May 2011
    Ill be in shortly Jae. :)
    edited May 2011
    Crash1974 wrote:
    Please invite me to your fleet.

Here's a good place to start.

http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584

We can help you through the rest of the process as well!

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions or would like additional assistance.
    edited May 2011
    Greeting from the Lotus Fleet Academy,

Today, Monday, May 30th, 2011, Lotus Fleet Academy proudly announces the graduation of the following Cadets.

Name: Samuel Moyer (samster)
    Field of Study: Tactical/Security (Starship Combat)

Congratulations to the recent Cadets.
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations samster, and welcome to Command Division!
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations to Marconius, who was promoted to Lieutenant yesterday! Thank you for your service, Lt. Marconius!
    edited May 2011
    If you enjoy forum RP, here is a sample of the stories we ourselves enjoy:

''The call definitely came from somewhere inside the nebula, Captain.''

Barely out of the turbolift that had brought her to the small, compact bridge, the tall dark-haired woman with the four pips on her collar looked straight at the narrow viewing screen in front of her at the other end of the ship's command center. On the viewer, space was almost completely flooded by a soflty glowing wave of glittering blue and purple particles with some reddish shadows and white lightning bolts alternating within the streaked, diffuse mass of cosmic dust.

''Can you pinpoint it any closer, Lieutenant?''

''Negative, M'am.'' answered the Ferengi seated at the console before the commanding officer on her right hand. '' It was so badly garbled, all I got through the interference was the name ''Pequod,'' then I lost it.''

''M'am, now reported the the white-haired, orange-skinned bearded man seated at another station, this time on the left of the commanding officer, our sensors are unable to penetrate the ionized gases composing most of the nebula.''

''Captain, interrupted the tall, massive blonde man seated closer to the screen, according to records, the Pequod is the first vessel to have been reported missing in this sector... over a quarter of a century ago!''

The woman stepped down into the command well to bring herself right before her spartan command chair, all the while looking at the swirling colored masses slowly rolling accross the vastness of space like the tranquil waves of a calm sea.

''Could anyone have survived in there after twenty-five years?'' she half-whispered.

''More probably a ship's disaster beacon still emitting, M'am... I'm sorry.'' apologized the Efrozian with much empathy.

''Confirmed, Captain.'' then said the Ferengi Lieutenant.''

''Try to raise them.'' shot back the woman before the command seat.

''This is the USS Milton, Federation patrol ship. We are receiving your signal; please respond. USS Pequod, this is the USS Milton; respond please...''

After a moment, the Ferengi shook his large, bulbous head, his enormous ears twitching slightly after much effort.

''Nothing, M'am. All I get is the automated signal of the disaster beacon.''

The woman sat in her command chair, here eyes still on the slow dance of the blue and purple waves and the sudden, unpredictable flashes crisscrossing those thick rolling waves of sparkling dust.

''Well, since we were sent here to search for the last missing convoy in this sector... might as well start with a long ago lost ship. Helm: plot a course towards that signal.''

''Captain, now said the imposing blonde man with concern, the high levels of static discharges will render target lock inoperative; we will not be able to use transporters or tractor beams, weapons on manual only... and shields will be useless.''

''Understood Lieutenant Commander. Security alert.''

All around the bridge, yellow lights flashed and a distant rumble shook the entire ship; on the mere five decks that made all of the diminutive vessel, five dozens of dedicated Starfleet officers went to readiness, the sound of their feet and voices filling up the less than two-hundred meters of the ovoid, flattened hull.

''Half- impulse; let's go in.'' ordered the captain.

Smoothly accelerating to a speed of nearly forty-thousand kilometers per second, the sleek, compact elongated disc of the Defiant class patrol ship USS Milton slid between the first transluscent layers of cosmic dust, her rounded hull highlighted by the sudden, unpredictable flashes of electrostatic lightning violently illuminating the soft colors of the nebula.

In a few seconds, even the stark glow of her engines was dimmed inside the depths of the vast, slowly swirling dust cloud.

On the forward screen, streaks of static blurred the view outside to a grainy, snowy, almost colorless image. Long minutes went by in deep, apprehensive silence, the soft sound of static from the viewer fuzing itself into the minds of all the tight-lipped, blinking officers with the low screeching coming out of the bridge's speakers.

They were all listening to their own heartbeats when the Efrozian man broke the silence.

''Captain... sensors are not very reliable with all this interference but... large mass on our port bow... possibly a vessel, unable to confirm energy output... it appears to be drifting.''

''I've lost the signal the moment we penetrated the nebula.'' added the Ferengi Lieutenant.

''Continue hailing, Lieutenant. Helm, intercept course.''

''Aye Aye, M'am.'' aknowledged the red haired woman manning the ship's movements. ''ETA two minutes.''

Twice that time went by until the woman in the center seat sighed with obvious impatience.

''So... where is it?''

''Ah, captain, we have reached last sensor coordinates...'' stuttered the pilot, frowning over her navigational readouts, as garbled and noisy as the rest of their instruments. ''But I can't seem to locate...''

''Captain! The unidentified mass is still on our port side... now to our aft!''

The woman turned her head to the orange-skinned officer at the sensor station who offered a deep frown of his own.*

''I can not read normal energy output, Captain... and I can not beleive we overshot it despite our unreliable sensors. It just seems to have... drifted there. But... Captain, the measured eddies and currents inside this nebula could not have pushed such a mass so far behind us and so quickly...''

''Captain!'' now interrupted the blonde man at tactical. ''I have it on tactical sensors too... I read a massive upsurge of power... And... it's on an intercept course!''

''Red Alert!''

The loud order of the ship's commander turned ambient lighting to a reddish glow as frantic noises reverberated throughout the entire ship, like a pulsing heart suddenly racing with the sudden approach of danger.

''Hard about! High energy turn one hundred and eighty degrees! Reinforce forward shields!''

''Captain!'' then shouted the Efrozian in obvious alarm.'' We do not know what we are facing here. We should retreat to a safe distance and...''

''Don't quote rules to me, Mister!'' barked back the dark-haired woman in command. ''We're under attack! Tactical: ready pulse cannons! Full volley of quantum torpedoes!''

Within the slow-moving piled waves of floating space dust, the sleek shape of the Milton turned swiftly around, all weapons glowing like angry eyes towards... something; a long, huge, dense shadow that was rising from the very depths of the dense nebula towards the much smaller Starfleet warship.

From under its flattened hull, globs of blue light shot out from the Defiant class vessel, one behind the other; two-hundred isotons of destructive force flashed in each of the four luminous warheads that raced at near light speed down the depths of the rolling masses of thick dust. In an instant, the layers of sparkling, colored waves swallowed even the furious glow of the quantum torpedoes as they plunged toward the distant rising dark form.

Long seconds of tense silence followed in the wake of the vanished projectiles.

The nebula lighted up with exploding flashes of distant energies... but they were not from any quantum detonation.

''No target lock, Captain. Manual firing may have missed...''

Then, several glows lighted the deep, right before them where the ominious dark form had risen. Four globs of bluish light almost diffused by the colors of the swirling waves of glittering dust lighted brutally the darker depths.

''...Torpedoes! Incoming!'' shouted the man at tactical. ''Shields inoperative!''

''Evasive! Brace for impact!'' barked the captain, gripping her chair with whitened hands.

One after the other, the four energy globes blasted against the unshielded but thickly armored hull of the flattened form of the warship, rocking it brutally with pieces of armoring and hull exploding around her, sparks and flames like tears of metal and drops of fiery blood bleeding out of almost every point of its very compact form.

''Return fire!'' shouted the woman amidst cries of help and roars of rage from bow to stern, even as she shakily picked herself back up and into her command chair while her officers did the same at their own stations, all, like her, disheveled, bruised and bloody, half burned fingers trembling over sparking, fuming controls.

Like an angry, wounded animal, the small battleship spewed out salvos after salvos of pulsating energies from her cannons, trying to aim at the long dark shape dwarfing it as it rose out of the waves, right from underneath; closer and closer, larger and larger...

Without stopping, the long, immense shadow rose and struck right at the belly of the diminutive starship like a shark coming up at its helplessly floating prey. The impact tore the battered, damaged, unprotected warship apart instantly like an egg, sending a shower of scrap and plasma in all directions like so much burned shreds of ripped flesh and burning blood.

The massive dark form once more disappeared into the wavery depths of the nebula, leaving in its wake the dispersing remains of the USS Milton.

And for a long moment, the nebula shivered as if the great, savage roar of a monstrous beast followed the ominious shadow plunging back into the depths.

This is but the prologue of ONE of our five starship RP adventures. Check them out at www.lotusfleet.com... or better yet: join in and be part of the fun!
    edited May 2011
    Best Fleet to Join Period!
    edited May 2011
    As Kheren stated on a post up two spots, this is a great place to participate in some amazing RP stories. You can see just from reading this prologue to a story that is currently being created on the Starship USS Artemis, these stories have not only the elements of excellent writing, but also a level of expertise from the crew members who contribute their portions from specific bridge officer perspectives.
    On this particular ship, the main characters include:

The Captain: Kheren Kalel Th'Ch'leryll Keith Reiji… known simply as Kheren who is a very unique Andorian. Artificially reconstructed from genetic material on Andoria.

Commander Michael O'Conner: 1st Officer/ Executive Officer, a human male born on Mars

Commander N’Eligahn Etarudbo : 2nd Officer Chief Engineering Officer, a Rethian male born on Keresh, Ardell Province, Nadea Rethia

Lieutenant Commander Kelsey Alther: 3rd Officer Chief of Security/Tactical Officer, a Kalthurian who have no genders (however looks definitely female to most other humanoids) born on Kalthan (346 years old !)

Lieutenant JG Syntron: 4th Officer Chief of Science, Vulcan Male born on Vulcan

Doctor Josiah Sage: Chief Medical Officer, Human Male born Tombstone, Arizona: planet Earth

Plus a host of NPC’s and special appearances by other members as Commanders, Admirals, etc…

Here’s a link to the website forums:

http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/index.php
    edited June 2011
    The Priority One Newsletter issue 24 is now out and available for download. Feel free to check out the thread here: http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9295
    edited June 2011
    The Newsletter RP is shaping up to be a fun read for the June Priority One.
    Screenshots from our events over the last month can be found in this thread (clicky) and the Priority One May issue.

I"m looking forward to the events Lt. GothamKitty has planned for us this month!
    edited June 2011
    again... come on over and check out our fleet! :D

http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/index.php
    edited June 2011
    If I get some time off from painting trim and grouting the shower, I'll come join you all in game tonight. :)
    edited June 2011
    If your looking for a fleet I cannot recommend this one more than enough!
    edited June 2011
    Great Jae!

MRall.... meow!
    :D
    edited June 2011
    *Meow chuff chuff* Jeff :P
    edited June 2011
    Do you all need anything crafted in game? I'm going to go make a couple Mark XI purple Lirpas. :)
    edited June 2011
    Adm. Crist needs a new computer rig after frying his old rig. Anyone have suggestions on hard drive, video card, and assorted other parts?
    edited June 2011
    Bumping this for a friendly fleet. Hope all is well.