test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing Issue on Console, Game is Still Locked

Comments

• My advice, everyone play a different game to pass the time until it's up and running again. Less stressful that way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    im2kraz4u wrote: »
    Console limitations are an excuse. FFXIV runs on PC and console. The latter having keyboard, mouse and controller as well as full screen and game customization, keybinds and macros. Why doesn't STO?
    FFXIV was designed with PC and Consoles in mind, so having a UI that worked equally well for both was there from the beginning.
    STO was designed for PC and uses a vast amount of the keys on the PC keyboard. That's around 80 unique keys, with Ctrl, Alt and Shift as potential modifiers for a total of around 200 key combinations.
    PlayStation and Xbox controllers have 16 buttons on them, so remapping everything would be a nightmare for anyone in porting a PC game to Consoles. The UI we got is, quite frankly, perfectly serviceable and very usable.
    Unpaid volunteers are pathetic and sad. They wish so much to have real authority but they don't possess skills that are worth anyone actually paying for. So of course if give them just a little bit of power, they will wield it as a child would to compensate. Until now I thought fat mall rent-a-cops were the most useless people on the planet but at least they can draw a paycheck.

See you tomorrow suckers... at which time we still won't be playing.
    I really can't believe you've not had a forum ban for all the !#£%&$ you've posted in this thread!
    If you'd posted like this on the forums of [redacted], I'd have gladly relieved you of the ability to post there.
    The Mods here have been extremely patient and forgiving...
    You can blame Sony/MS for the extended downtime due to their 'certification' process.
    Sony/MS didn't push out a broken update. Stop redirecting responsibility to 3rd parties.
    That certification process meant they both will have tested the update and found it to be working and meet the standards for going live on their platforms.
    However, Test servers and Live servers can behave very differently due to the amount of players involved in each.
    See the story I shared here for an example.
    UPDATE FOUR: We're making a new build (basically a new version of the update) and will be testing it tonight. Unfortunately, there's no way to get it certified by platform owners until tomorrow, so Console will remain locked tonight. Thank you for being so patient.
    I feel so bad for you guys...
    This was a highly anticipated update which we were all looking forward to be able to play. It really sucks that we can't, but the amount of flak that's gone your way this past day and a half here in the forum, on twitter, Facebook and reddit, is absolutely unfair and beyond belief.
    Please take as much time as is needed to fix/repair the issue and thank you so very much for the hard work that's clearly gone into bringing us the update. I look forward to being able to play, whenever that may actually be.
    My best wishes to all of you that are working in what must be feverishly frantic conditions to bring us our game.
    Thank you.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    > @inferiority said:
    >
    > I really can't believe you've not had a forum ban for all the !#£%&$ you've posted in this thread!
    > If you'd posted like this on the forums of [redacted], I'd have gladly relieved you of the ability to post there.
    > The Mods here have been extremely patient and forgiving...
    >

If you'll notice, they have been. 😉
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Update the fith is up on twitter.

The new patch has "gone through QA (LOL)" and is on it's way to the requisite temples of doom for each platform.

Sorry Kael.

Oh and the certification process is NOTHING to do with patch quality. It's to make sure it doesn't interfere with the given systems software, they don't want exploits being opened up (at least no more than there is already) or any other malicious code being put on there. Remember, legally speaking we don't own these consoles.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lotharking#3847 lotharking Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Meh, TRIBBLE happens. It's not like there are no other games to play while you wait. It's not like they did this on purpose.
    I don't understand all the dramatic whining, tgey said that they will make us whole with the freebies and time extension.

To the devs and the moderator, thanks for keeping us in the loop.
  • knightmare416#6330 knightmare416 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    In game, time flies. Locked out of game, time stands still.
    Meh, TRIBBLE happens. It's not like there are no other games to play while you wait. It's not like they did this on purpose.
    I don't understand all the dramatic whining, tgey said that they will make us whole with the freebies and time extension.

To the devs and the moderator, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Been playing Guardians of the Galaxy, pretty good.
  • brian#8061 brian Member Posts: 1 New User
    The level of vitriol directed at these folks is uncalled for. Mistakes happen, and given how old this game is, weird things can happen. No one intentionally did anything here. Give these guys a break, I'm sure their bosses are breathing down their necks as it is, they don't need anyone else pouring it on. I appreciate them always trying to make STO more fun, even if sometimes it doesn't work out. Deep breathes all around.
  • pavel#9263 pavel Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    As a newb, I've been using the time to read various sites to learn more about the game. Perhaps I'll know what I'm doing marginally more once we're in again. Probably not, but I can hope. :D Stumbled onto a few sites owned by players' fleets, I believe, that have been fantastic sources of information. Makes me nostalgic for when there were more Trek fansites on the net and not everything had gone to Facebook and Pinterest. \
  • caparzoukcaparzouk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Remember everyone, for them, this downtime means a lot of lost revenue, so it hurts them quite a bit, so that's the solace i am taking from this situation.

Was hoping Kael would still be updating this thread though...
    1e04d86e1d98ada86a1f0a3e985dd642.jpg
  • marty#8674 marty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    PSN already refunded my zen purchases since there is no way to use it. I might rebuy in the future, when ever that will be, but for now I got my money back.
  • aceman#3239 aceman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    brian#8061 wrote: »
    The level of vitriol directed at these folks is uncalled for. Mistakes happen, and given how old this game is, weird things can happen. No one intentionally did anything here. Give these guys a break, I'm sure their bosses are breathing down their necks as it is, they don't need anyone else pouring it on. I appreciate them always trying to make STO more fun, even if sometimes it doesn't work out. Deep breathes all around.

LOL! Do you think the development team is sitting at their computers with a box of tissues, crying about what people on the fourms said, getting their feelings hurt?
    No.. I'm pretty sure their hard at work and don't really care about what's being posted here.
    People have the right to voice their frustrations, as long it's not personal attacks against individuals or trying to get people fired.
    For the amount of money they charge for a digital product, most of which you have to gamble for, people have the right to be upset.
    Seriously, they are supposed to a professional game developer. I know things happen but that doesn't mean that they get a free pass because it was a mistake.
    If you went to the bank today and they told you a software problem wiped out their servers and you probably couldn't use your bank account until sometime tomorrow. Would you stand up on your soap box white knighting in the front of an angry crowd and say " The level of vitriol directed at these folks is uncalled for. Mistakes happen"... Probably not..
    They don't need you or anyone else defending them for their mistakes they have their own employees for that . If anything all it does is add to the level of frustration of everyone here.
    Post edited by aceman#3239 on
  • rob#5042 rob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"orangenee#2931" said:
    > All hands on deck huh?
    >
    > Movie night it is.

So 15th is no good it's now the 16th I may think of deleting the game if its not fixed soon I enjoyed the game whilst it lasted but it's now been 2 days for me it's not even changing the amount of time it's gonna take no more I would share a photo if I could but awell just hurry up or I will be asking for refunds on all I bought
  • firegaming2021#4767 firegaming2021 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    So is the rumor true that the game will not be back on until the 21st.
    Also is this problem on PC also?
    edited March 2022
    Also is this problem on PC also?

I don't believe that's the case with PC.
    From what's been said they have a fix for consoles they're just waiting for certification from Xbox and PlayStation so they can release new patches.
    Console patches need to be certified before release. Most likely to check that it won't effect their own operating systems and servers.
    > @aceman#3239 said:
    > I don't believe that's the case with PC.
    > From what's been said they have a fix for consoles they're just waiting for certification from Xbox and PlayStation so they can release new patches.
    > Console patches need to be certified before release. Most likely to check that it won't effect their own operating systems.

Thank You
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    UPDATE SIX: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY: We're in the home stretch. Hoping to have the build pass certification in the next few hours, and then we can start getting the builds on the live servers. Thanks again for your patience.
    Well I just tried to log in on Xbox.
    The message has now been changed from 1pm PST to 2pm PST for shard maintenance..
    Soooooo nothing yet. I'm keeping positive for now, hopefully we will get some results soon.
  • nerothewolf#9666 nerothewolf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The message has now been changed from 1pm PST to 2pm PST for shard maintenance..
    Soooooo nothing yet. I'm keeping positive for now, hopefully we will get some results soon.

I just tried to login to Playstation and said cennetion to the login server timed out instead of saying the server is locked so fingers crossed
  • wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    yeah I saw the same thing, well look at the bright side we will get some goodies,

• que2#3853 que2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    At least on the PS4 you should see another update to download... If you do not see that it does not really matter what that other screen says. The update is the updated code that they submitted for Sony Certification and distribution.
  • nerothewolf#9666 nerothewolf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I think it's fixed considering my PS5 just auto added an update version 19.01
    I can confirm I am downloading an update on my PS4 Pro.
  • gee41#2746 gee41 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Now they just have to unlock the servers!!! LETS GOOOOO
  • piconic1702piconic1702 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes update on my xbox too
  • notsparkopolis#6850 notsparkopolis Member Posts: 2 New User
    That really smart and good looking dude tried to tell you this would still be going on a day later. They should have listened to him and just gone with the rollback option until they got their TRIBBLE together. But they're idiots and all.
    Fire up the hamster, I have 2 bucks worth of dil to refine!
This discussion has been closed.