test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing Issue on Console, Game is Still Locked

Comments

• sparkopolis#9935 sparkopolis Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    With all due respect to Ambassadork Ael, what do you mean both options are STILL being looked at? What is there to look at? Clearly your update is broken as f*** and the rollback option should have been implemented hours ago. To pretend as if that isn't obvious to everyone is weapons-grade bulls***!
    Edit: White knights are excepted of course.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    What did I say about toys flying out of prams? Will it get done quicker? No.

Go do something else. Your intense 'schedule' will have to be redrawn.

The fact you used the word schedule in application to this videogame, means you have bigger issues than stamping your feet like a toddler on a message board.

Now to ride my horse to save the maiden from the tower, it's black btw. I enjoy the clash.
  • im2kraz4uim2kraz4u Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If you had anything better to do yourself I doubt you would be here scanning the msg board for people to insult. Who''s got issues?
    edited March 2022
    Save your holier-than-thou nonsense. Clearly you enjoy the clash as you contribute nothing else with your butt-kissery. I promise you won't be getting any free stuff from the devs for defending their incompetence. We as paying customers have the right to speak out and not simply accept what is unacceptable. The fact is, it COULD "get done quicker" if they had rolled the changes back until such time as they had everything worked out. Clash all you want but nothing you can say is going to make that less true.
    im2kraz4u wrote: »
    If you had anything better to do yourself I doubt you would be here scanning the msg board for people to insult. Who''s got issues?

agreed
    edited March 2022
    You don't know me.

edited March 2022
    I say what I want.

• aceman#3239 aceman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Well it's now official.. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki has now officially confirmed "This is all Vladimir Putin's fault".
    Great.. First inflation, supply chain issues then gas prices... And now this...
    Thanks Putin..
    Well I guess I'm off to Twitter where I'm allowed to make threats against Russia...
    I knew it would come to that... lol
    edited March 2022
    I'm sexy

• im2kraz4uim2kraz4u Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Console limitations are an excuse. FFXIV runs on PC and console. The latter having keyboard, mouse and controller as well as full screen and game customization, keybinds and macros. Why doesn't STO? Limitations on developer ability perhaps and not so much the console itself?
  • gameredlinden#1591 gameredlinden Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This problem has to happen on the last day of the 12th anniversary event. I was going to redeem the Elite Captain Upgrade Token. Very convenient of you!
    Well it's obvious someone crapped the bed on this one..
    Right now there's probably one guy sitting at his computer, sweating bullets with twenty people standing around him saying "well anything yet?" "have you checked?" "did you look at?".
    This poor sap is probably thinking about how they are going to get chewed out by the boss tomorrow morning and/or fired..

At least that's what I'm imagining is happening right now..
  • firegaming2021#4767 firegaming2021 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Yep let the waiting game continue. I just finished informing my fleet and armada.
    They need you to inform them that they can't log on? Is it a special needs armada?
    I do have another question. Is there any possibility that the game will be reopened tonight?
    > @sparkopolis#9935 said:
    > They need you to inform them that they can't log on? Is it a special needs armada?

No but they don’t have access to this forum to see what is going on so I send them messages regarding what is going on the game.
    edited March 2022
    I do have another question. Is there any possibility that the game will be reopened tonight?

Nobody really knows but one thing is certain... "options are being looked at."
    edited March 2022
    > They need you to inform them that they can't log on? Is it a special needs armada?

No but they don’t have access to this forum to see what is going on so I send them messages regarding what is going on the game.

I can't help myself. Your entire armada is without working web browsers? How do you send them messages? Is it via email, fax, phone calls, telegraph or smoke signals?
    Edit: I forgot carrier pigeon.

If anyone has Facebook they can check the Star Trek Online page there. It has a link to this thread, they can look here, they just can't post here if they don't have an account.
  • wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    this is the last time we let the kazon in to the office

Nobody really knows but one thing is certain... "options are being looked at."

Yes.. Both of them...
    This should only take a few days to decide..
    > @aceman#3239 said:
    > If anyone has Facebook they can check the Star Trek Online page there. It has a link to this thread, they can look here, they just can't post here if they don't have an account.

Thank You for this recommendation. I highly appreciate it. Also thank you for not being rude.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    UPDATE FOUR: We're making a new build (basically a new version of the update) and will be testing it tonight. Unfortunately, there's no way to get it certified by platform owners until tomorrow, so Console will remain locked tonight. Thank you for being so patient.
  • wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    UPDATE FOUR: We're making a new build (basically a new version of the update) and will be testing it tonight. Unfortunately, there's no way to get it certified by platform owners until tomorrow, so Console will remain locked tonight. Thank you for being so patient.

hey man your doing a good job, and we all know that things like this happen, just take your time and do the job right, and I have faith that we the players will be compsaited for the lost time
  • que2#3853 que2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    ambassadorkael thank you and the team for your efforts. There will be snarky people but thanks for the updates and at least keeping us in the loop [a small bit].

I hope not only is the event extended but also there is some type of Gift to the Players for their Loyalty a.k.a. how Sony [PlayStation] responded after the downtime after the hacks a few years back.
    edited March 2022
    Ambassadork Ael, Seriously, why isn't a rollback being done in the meantime? Wasn't that supposedly one of the "options" that were being "looked at"? At least that way we could still play while you rebuild your broken-a** update.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Alright, there's been several posts made in here that violate the forum rules. If anyone has forgotten what those are, I suggest that you reacquaint yourselves with them:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/en

Let's keep it civil, folks. Thank you.

BMR
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Just fix your broken-a** game, you incompetent buffoons
    edited March 2022
    Unpaid volunteers are pathetic and sad. They wish so much to have real authority but they don't possess skills that are worth anyone actually paying for. So of course if give them just a little bit of power, they will wield it as a child would to compensate. Until now I thought fat mall rent-a-cops were the most useless people on the planet but at least they can draw a paycheck.

See you tomorrow suckers... at which time we still won't be playing.

This discussion has been closed.