test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DirectX support

Comments

• Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Stick it out, don't leave. I'm personally giving it a few weeks before I move on.
  • Options
    shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Hey folks - if you're experiencing this issue, can you send me a dxdiag of your computers? We need more information to track it down.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

Laptop
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    DirectX 12
    eazzie wrote: »
    matzdaad wrote: »
    4 days and counting. Should we start a pool about how long it will take?

They have already acknowledged they have no time scale for a resolution. Kael is already collecting build info on those affected. It will get done as and when it gets done. Yes it is an inconvenience to many, and they will make up for it. With the servers going down the other day and had to take the game offline they compensated with an extra marks and XP weekend this weekend, so I am pretty certain those affected by the Direct X error will be compensated too. Be thankful you are still alive MILLIONS around the world aren't due to a virus and inept governments unable to control the spread.

If more players that are affected by this issue submit their build information this will greatly assist the guys at Cryptic find a solution quicker. The more info they have to work with will help them greatly.

You must be a relatively new player if you believe what you typed regarding compensating. Cryptic haven't been good at that since season 4 of the game rolled out. Ever since then their attitude is 'TRIBBLE the players, we already have their money'.
    They will give us some rubbish useless trinket where they should compensate this level of epic incompetence with a free lifetime upgrade and 50k zen for those without it and 500k zen for those with it already.
    they never will because they prefer to abuse us and treat us with distain.
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hey folks - if you're experiencing this issue, can you send me a dxdiag of your computers? We need more information to track it down.

Can you maybe give us an update, Kael, on the problem and if you guys were able to track it down with the information we provided to you?

Post edited by bigb3 on
  • Options
    jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    This is Cryptic inadvertently giving the middle finger to all players on older machines (ie running Windows 8 or below and DX11 or below).

There won't be a "fix"...Cryptic will decide if losing players is less important than not supporting older systems. In the end, even if they decide to "fix" it now, it will be a bandage fix while they warn players that older equipment will not be supported with the next upgrade, so the simple question is whether STO is important enough to players for them to dole out money to purchase new machines so they can continue to play.
  • Options
    metha#2537 metha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    If that were the case I’d actually be okay with it. The game is 10 years old and they can’t keep making content for those old machines BUT there’s many people with much newer machines having this problem too.

I’m using a gtx 980 with DX12 and everything updated and yeah I know it isn’t exactly new but it’s more than capable of running AAA games but not STO. There’s claims of people running gtx 2060’s and getting the error as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Well my Surface Go is running Intel HD Graphics 615 and works quite well....so I am leaning towards my current theory that they were actively targeting older machines. So a few "newer" machines got caught up in the debacle, but those are just collateral damage.

I think support has ended for the GTX 900 series (i could be wrong). If this is the case, then the cards also fall under the "old"...ie unsupported...category.
  • Options
    bismark88bismark88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Looking through the patch notes, i dont see any changes to the game/system requirements and im guessin' they would've announced any changes or operating system redundancies before this update. I tried used my bro's new computer (acer predator PO5-600s Gaming PC+RTX 2060 Super+DirectX 12 Ultimate) as a test and it still didnt work.

Looking at reddit threads, this error has happened before so Most likely the problem is at their end and not with the players. We may just have to sit tight till some fix, bypass or workaround comes along.
  • Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    bismark88 wrote: »
    Looking through the patch notes, i dont see any changes to the game/system requirements and im guessin' they would've announced any changes or operating system redundancies before this update. I tried used my bro's new computer (acer predator PO5-600s Gaming PC+RTX 2060 Super+DirectX 12 Ultimate) as a test and it still didnt work.

Looking at reddit threads, this error has happened before so Most likely the problem is at their end and not with the players. We may just have to sit tight till some fix, bypass or workaround comes along.

yep. it's come in next update with t8 ship upgrade and new bugs at 2025 XD
  • Options
    jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    shewolf89 wrote: »

Laptop
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    DirectX 12

you have pretty much an identical system to me
  • Options
    nikola123#8041 nikola123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Configuration: i7-3770, nvidia 9800gt 1GB, 16GB of RAM.
    When try to start it gives me an dx10 error, but Direct 3D DDI is 11.1
    But, when i create Vmware virtual machine (same win 10 system) on that machine it works, HOW?!?!?!
  • Options
    garethhawkins#7483 garethhawkins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    the game is requesting dx 10 i am useing dx 11 so whay can i not get on the game
  • Options
    garethhawkins#7483 garethhawkins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    does anyone know when it will be fixed
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Worth changing?

From Intel HD Graphics 2000 to Nvidia Geoforce 710 (just under $55 at Amazon).
    Comparison here:
    (https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=3515&gid2=2173&compare=Nvidia GeForce GT 710 v2-vs-Intel HD Graphics 2000 Desktop)
    Looks to me that there is one tie and the rest the Nvidia smokes the Intel 2000.
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    daisydunkdaisydunk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    PC Patch Notes for 10/6/2020

We are coming up to a week anniversary on not being able to log in.

Please Update patch note to say.

We patched the game to make it so a percentage of players can't play anymore due to a new unique feature that dumps a steaming load on some of our player base. This will help with game stability as there will be fewer players putting a load on our servers though you might experience longer wait times on TFOs. We compensated for that by making the new TFOs so bug ridden and horrible (read player feedback section) as it will take longer to complete them. Anticipated wait time for this new DX bug to be repaired is........... unknown because we are clueless and wont roll back this TRIBBLE patch.

Roll back this Patch till you figure out what the issue is, its not that difficult of a concept. If we did something that breaks the game undo it. Test and make sure it works then release. TEST TEST TEST.

All in favor of a roll back of House shattered or at least rename it to OUTHOUSE SHATTERED. That way we can get the flavor/aroma in our head of what we think of this latest patch.

• Options
    gerrit#2956 gerrit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Technically, the losers of the lastpPatch can run the game. What's left as a reason? They want to eliminate players with old equipment because they have made a correlation: those increase the load the servers and they spend less. As one said in the forum, they are actively targeting a "profile of hardware"
    Just imagine if Walmart apply the same thinking, they will close down. It's the cents that make the dollars and millions. I don't know if Cryptic is using an American or Chinese thinking or the worse of both. Also, you are really far from "the freemium model". Look to Wordpress and others that weight billions on dollars now without looking down at users.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Tore down the PC lastnight and removed my GPU drivers and card, replaced my nvidia card with an amd vega and installed new GPU drivers, updated them, confirmed directx (dxdiag) saw the new card with 10.1 compliance and ran STO.

Same freekin error.
    Took the opportunity to instead play Drakkengard 3 thru a ps3 emulator on the new GPU, so I know the new card is functioning properly.

I have a PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 in my system and I haven't had any issues at all. Ironically, I had random crashes before the last update. The game is running perfectly fine now, outside of the lag that everyone is experiencing. I am running the 2020,09.02 AMD drivers and Windows 10 is fully up to date.

Edit: Windows 10 has DirectX 11.3 and 12 installed. Has anyone tried installing the DirectX runtime package for DirectX 10.1 to see if that solves your issue? I know I have games installed that install the DX10.1 runtime when I installed them.

I put it back the way it was before. Nvidia card always worked for STO till last week. It still works flawlessly for everything else on this rig.
    The error clearly says my GPU isn't level 10 compliant, which of course it is so it's got to be an issue with the patch.

OT- funny you should mention W10 2020.09.02. I spent the weekend forcing the upgrade to that version on my other machine- the one the Vega came out of, and another game on THAT machine coincidentally stopped working ON THE SAME DAY as STO for a similarly unexplained reason from their devs. I had to force update the .NET 3.5 package to use the preview version not yet released to fix the error.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    does anyone know when it will be fixed

We don't have a clue... You can help by opening DxDiag (type in your search box) copy and paste into a message to ambassadorkael#6946, the more data he gets the more it will help.

Matz
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Well, TRIBBLE server gives same results as HOLODECK... it was worth a shot.
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    edited October 2020
    jamchemy wrote: »
    This is Cryptic inadvertently giving the middle finger to all players on older machines (ie running Windows 8 or below and DX11 or below).

There won't be a "fix"...Cryptic will decide if losing players is less important than not supporting older systems. In the end, even if they decide to "fix" it now, it will be a bandage fix while they warn players that older equipment will not be supported with the next upgrade, so the simple question is whether STO is important enough to players for them to dole out money to purchase new machines so they can continue to play.

I really hope there is no bias on their part regarding older machines as I am retired
    and I just can't go running out to buy the latest and greatest just to play STO.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    this is no sense. I can't run game in normal mode, but when I disable video adapter - I can play. So this problem seems like Cryptics say "#$%^& off, we don't need you. Ofc you can run the game on your pc but we don't want it. So we just patched game and blocked you". It's seems rather strange. IDK.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Folks who are experiencing this issue - are you launching from Arc or Steam?
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    arc launcher
  • Options
    hitman101#3286 hitman101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    usually steam, trying arc at the min but game trying running a patch
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    without any. but i try under steam and epic. same result
    i use direct link on Star Trek Online.exe
  • Options
    bismark88bismark88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I've tried arc, steam and the sto launcher. Same error. But i usually only use sto launcher.
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Steam.
  • Options

ARC

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options

Both...I had it on Arc first with the issue. Then uninstalled Arc and added to my Steam account. Same problem.
  • Options
    narrownc77#5590 narrownc77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am using Steam