Install Arc
Options

DirectX support

Comments

• Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    motito78 wrote: »
    Please, as we just lost 2 days of phoenix packs and the new event

hey, don't be sad. you can "Made all the Second Chance Buyouts associated with the last Event Campaign available to buy until 1/2/21 " XD
    just buyout and have fun
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Received reply from support this morning:

"Oct 7, 2020, 22:16 PDT

Upon further checking, this seems to be a known issue. The developers are currently investigating the cause and possible resolution. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused by this."

I removed the link to here and unnecessary junk.

MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    STO maintenance should be starting right about now... cross your fingers!
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »

Sadly it won't be fixed today. They have only listed it as a known issue and previously stated there is no time frame for a resolution.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

Sadly it won't be fixed today. They have only listed it as a known issue and previously stated there is no time frame for a resolution.

Who knows... maybe they will stumble across a solution. :p

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Another day without STO... I'm sure we'll miss out on the current event. Oh, well...
  • Options
    nikola123#8041 nikola123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    still the same, after "thursday" update..... :-1:
  • Options
    same
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hey folks, we're looking into this one right now. Apologies.

In all honesty, Kael, you guys really need to do a much better job addressing things like these in the future so they won't happen again, especially after what happened in last Tuesday's patch so we wouldn't have to wait either another week, two, or beyond just for this DirectX problem to be resolved.

I mean, just how bad is this current problem to diagnose right now, so much so that we may have to wait till either next week's patch or beyond just to getting this fixed? Did either live nanites get out and they wiped some of the server programing used for STO, some malfunctioning software, or did a Cardassian Vole get in and messed up with some vital parts associated with the server and that's why we're getting this now? :(

Post edited by bigb3 on
  • Options
    daisydunkdaisydunk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    same here so sick of this TRIBBLE. roll back your lame patch if its bug ridden or causes players not to be able to play issues.
    running dx11 also and same message. running dll version 10.1 Logged into today and same issue. says error code = need to be greater than directx 10. I'm no rocket scientist but pretty sure 10.1 is greater than 10. Are we going to get credit back for subscription cost? Are we gonna get extra days on the event? Your patch message says its known issue. Fix the issue immediately or roll back you lame patch that screwed up a % of you player base. We are working on it doesn't mean its acceptable for a week to go by till you people fix it. If you can't fix it today then roll back and test TRIBBLE before you release it live. you know do that customer service thing and admit you screwed the pooch and roll it back then test the next patch out before you release it. I do see how that would cause a mental dilemma and would go against long established patterns of patches we no testing required.
  • Options
    jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    same issue still not fixed you need to roll back the patch and do at least 6 months of testing on Tribble to iron out the bugs before you put it on the main server what the hell are you thinking not testing this properly on the test server before putting it on live if you had even 1 case of this in the test the update should have been shelved
  • Options
    daisydunk wrote: »
    same here so sick of this TRIBBLE. roll back your lame patch if its bug ridden or causes players not to be able to play issues.
    running dx11 also and same message. running dll version 10.1 Logged into today and same issue. says error code = need to be greater than directx 10. I'm no rocket scientist but pretty sure 10.1 is greater than 10. Are we going to get credit back for subscription cost? Are we gonna get extra days on the event? Your patch message says its known issue. Fix the issue immediately or roll back you lame patch that screwed up a % of you player base. We are working on it doesn't mean its acceptable for a week to go by till you people fix it. If you can't fix it today then roll back and test TRIBBLE before you release it live. you know do that customer service thing and admit you screwed the pooch and roll it back then test the next patch out before you release it. I do see how that would cause a mental dilemma and would go against long established patterns of patches we no testing required.

I could not agree more the patch needs to be rolled back immediately and everyone compensated and every future update should go through at least 6 months of testing on tribble before going live anything else is just poor management
  • Options
    wolfen#5654 wolfen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Was working just fine before maintenance and I'm running DX12 with a RTX 2060. Looks like they did it again as always . Maybe they should learn to do this thing called test it first.
  • Options
    having a laptop changing my graphics card is not an option I have direct x12 running and i have already cancelled my subscription to sto and restarted my one for swotor
  • Options
    solidusraccoon#9602 solidusraccoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Damn swotor must not be very fun since you are still in the STO forums posting instead of playing. (It's not I played it.)

I for one appreciate updates in a 10 year old game and if a couple of days down time incites this sort of reaction, you might consider getting help for your addiction.

Thanks Kael and Arc Games for keeping this 10 year old game alive despite your unappreciative community. I look forward to all new content despite inevitable bugs here and there. Keep up the good work.
    Forum-Signature.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shame I missed out on the Ultimate Tech Upgrade from Red Alert TFO,
    I had one to go then this happened... :'(

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Meh....running DX11 on my integrated Intel graphics and still can't get in even after today's patch. Oh well, I hadn't played for years and just picked it back up. Guess I am gonna park this one again. Peace out.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Guys, who cares? STO get top of 2.6k users online on steam since 10 year. Let's see what we have. There is friday tomorrow, so if next patch doesn't work you (maybe) see game at monday. So relax, get some drink and forget about game. No one care your tears. And by the way, you can buyout event item for zen until 1/2/21. You don't need to play, just give money XD
    Thanks Kael and Arc Games for keeping this 10 year old game alive.
    Post edited by volticua on
  • Options
    Ah, yeah...
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    Guys, who cares? STO get top of 2.6k users online on steam since 10 year. Let's see what we have. There is friday tomorrow, so if next patch doesn't work you (maybe) see game at monday. So relax, get some drink and forget about game. No one care your tears. And buy the way, you can buyout event item for zen until 1/2/21. You don't need to play, just give money XD

This is just more amusing than anything else no one is shedding any tears. Well no let me take that back I am laughing so hard that its producing tears on the concept of throwing money at a game because you cannot play it lol. Thank goodness you know the days of the week and the deadline for the buyout. In my case though I probably won't remember this game for a couple years again and again so I'm not losing any sleep over it.
  • Options
    Guys, who cares? STO get top of 2.6k users online on steam since 10 year. Let's see what we have. There is friday tomorrow, so if next patch doesn't work you (maybe) see game at monday. So relax, get some drink and forget about game. No one care your tears. And buy the way, you can buyout event item for zen until 1/2/21. You don't need to play, just give money XD

For 8 years I have taken pride in doing things the hard way, no buying Tier 6 ships, top of the line shields, weapons and all that. Spend enough money and you can have a fantastic set-up,
    I prefer earning it a little at a time. It's more satisfying.

That said, the Devs really should put a system in place so the next time an upgrade does something like this they can roll it back to the last working model while they debug the newest on the Tribble server.
    This would have lasted an hour or three and we would all have been back in.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options

For 8 years I have taken pride in doing things the hard way, no buying Tier 6 ships, top of the line shields, weapons and all that. Spend enough money and you can have a fantastic set-up,
    I prefer earning it a little at a time. It's more satisfying.

That said, the Devs really should put a system in place so the next time an upgrade does something like this they can roll it back to the last working model while they debug the newest on the Tribble server.
    This would have lasted an hour or three and we would all have been back in.

and would be standard operating procedure in a competent company
  • Options
    Damn swotor must not be very fun since you are still in the STO forums posting instead of playing. (It's not I played it.)

I for one appreciate updates in a 10 year old game and if a couple of days down time incites this sort of reaction, you might consider getting help for your addiction.

Thanks Kael and Arc Games for keeping this 10 year old game alive despite your unappreciative community. I look forward to all new content despite inevitable bugs here and there. Keep up the good work.

actually it has been very enjoyable obviosly I need to take a break once in a while as for posting in the forum I have been a STO player since the closed Alpha back in the days it was an Atari product long before Perfect world etc and it was people like myself and many others who have kept this game alive and to be honest I think the current management and development team have let everyone down and the game deserves better
  • Options
    i've even still got my very first character I made before the game went public despite the fact that due to a bug at the time of creation I couldn't type in a name and had to go with a randomly created I still remember queuing for ages to find a STO group and how the Borg missions used to be before they split them into seperate ground and space missions and how much more difficult they were
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    The third day without event, and endeavor. :(
  • Options
    Let's take heart, friends, and hope there is some sort of progress within the next few days. We're all losing out, for sure, but maybe they will extend the event for all of us...
  • Options
    auggiedog1 wrote: »
    Let's take heart, friends, and hope there is some sort of progress within the next few days. We're all losing out, for sure, but maybe they will extend the event for all of us...

Hope so unless they decide that since it is only a relatively small % of the player base that it is not financially viable to fix the issue as on a simple cost analysis it would be cheaper just to ignore us and plod ahead with the remaining player base as although they have acknowledged thier is an issue they have made no updates on what they are doing to solve it and identifying the cause of the issue this lack of transparency indicates a lack of intention to actually act. Unfortunately this is a very common way of doing buisiness by Chinese publishing companies like perfect world
  • Options
    shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Same issue here, They screwed me out of a whole TFO due to a glitch they made before and didn't compensate me. Been playing since 2010 and am a veteran, dropped more money on this game than I care to think of so if they don't fix this they're gonna have a lawsuit on their hands to refund me every penny and pay a bill for my time.
    What happened to the competent staff at Cryptic? the ones who cared about the IP and the game and weren't just corporate drones for PWE.... Bring them back and get rid of this lot who clearly couldn't run a childrens party in a toystore
  • Options
    If they would simply institute a roll-back procedure so House Shattered (problems) could be rolled back to House Divided (worked) they could de-bug on the test server AND have happy players.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012