test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX support

Comments

• volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    happy weekends XD
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Tore down the PC lastnight and removed my GPU drivers and card, replaced my nvidia card with an amd vega and installed new GPU drivers, updated them, confirmed directx (dxdiag) saw the new card with 10.1 compliance and ran STO.

Same freekin error.
    Took the opportunity to instead play Drakkengard 3 thru a ps3 emulator on the new GPU, so I know the new card is functioning properly.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bismark88bismark88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    As an experiment i installed sto on brother's new gaming rig (win10+nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 dx12). Still doesn't work. Guessing the problem is at their end.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »
    volticua wrote: »
    Guys, who cares? STO get top of 2.6k users online on steam since 10 year. Let's see what we have. There is friday tomorrow, so if next patch doesn't work you (maybe) see game at monday. So relax, get some drink and forget about game. No one care your tears. And buy the way, you can buyout event item for zen until 1/2/21. You don't need to play, just give money XD
    Thanks Kael and Arc Games for keeping this 10 year old game alive.

For 8 years I have taken pride in doing things the hard way, no buying Tier 6 ships, top of the line shields, weapons and all that. Spend enough money and you can have a fantastic set-up,
    I prefer earning it a little at a time. It's more satisfying.

That said, the Devs really should put a system in place so the next time an upgrade does something like this they can roll it back to the last working model while they debug the newest on the Tribble server.
    This would have lasted an hour or three and we would all have been back in.

and would be standard operating procedure in a competent company

Yeah this issue is on the verge of make it or break it if I ever decide to keep playing in the future after almost 10 years it feels like I could run that company better myself lol.
  • triadytriady Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So, no return? kinda sad, people are just getting cool events and i can't even end the "iconian war", we'll gonna put on hold until i get a new laptop or they solve the problem.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    edited October 2020
    Hey folks - if you're experiencing this issue, can you send me a dxdiag of your computers? We need more information to track it down.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe
    send it where ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• jamesjustjames1jamesjustjames1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    send it where ?

Copy the DxDiag text and sent the information directly to ambassadorkael#6946
    That's what I did.
    send it where ?

Copy the DxDiag text and sent the information directly to ambassadorkael#6946
    That's what I did.

Oh, like a PM.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Hey folks - if you're experiencing this issue, can you send me a dxdiag of your computers? We need more information to track it down.

DXDIAG sent of the last time STO worked on my machine- before I tore it down and replaced the videocard 2 days ago.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User

already done I sent one on day 1 just roll back the patch and shove the expansion on tribble until you can get it working
  • jamesjustjames1jamesjustjames1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If you go into PC properties "Device Manager" under Display adapters then "Disable device" (your video card) then you can get into the game (at least I did) with all display settings at absolute minimum. Terrible gameplay but it's a work around that at least you can get duty officer assignments going and get the phoenix box and stuff.
  • jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame/videos/3506701469386237 pretty much admitting they only fix bugs if they think it can be done quickly
  • auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I have a bad feeling this won't be fixed anytime soon...
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User

already done I sent one on day 1 just roll back the patch and shove the expansion on tribble until you can get it working

Laptop
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    DirectX 12
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Laptop
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    DirectX 12
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    If you go into PC properties "Device Manager" under Display adapters then "Disable device" (your video card) then you can get into the game (at least I did) with all display settings at absolute minimum. Terrible gameplay but it's a work around that at least you can get duty officer assignments going and get the phoenix box and stuff.

it's little bit help with the problem but did very slow game
    p.s. i think problem not in dxdiag. maybe it's version of drivers. my video driver is Geforce 342.01 . maybe in latest version they fix some problems
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    5th day without endeavor, event, credit bonus and other good things. :(
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User

DxDiag (Oct 7th) sent.
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

4 days and counting. Should we start a pool about how long it will take?
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited October 2020

They have already acknowledged they have no time scale for a resolution. Kael is already collecting build info on those affected. It will get done as and when it gets done. Yes it is an inconvenience to many, and they will make up for it. With the servers going down the other day and had to take the game offline they compensated with an extra marks and XP weekend this weekend, so I am pretty certain those affected by the Direct X error will be compensated too. Be thankful you are still alive MILLIONS around the world aren't due to a virus and inept governments unable to control the spread.

If more players that are affected by this issue submit their build information this will greatly assist the guys at Cryptic find a solution quicker. The more info they have to work with will help them greatly.
  • baldricksplan#3992 baldricksplan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

They have already acknowledged they have no time scale for a resolution. Kael is already collecting build info on those affected. It will get done as and when it gets done. Yes it is an inconvenience to many, and they will make up for it. With the servers going down the other day and had to take the game offline they compensated with an extra marks and XP weekend this weekend, so I am pretty certain those affected by the Direct X error will be compensated too. Be thankful you are still alive MILLIONS around the world aren't due to a virus and inept governments unable to control the spread.

If more players that are affected by this issue submit their build information this will greatly assist the guys at Cryptic find a solution quicker. The more info they have to work with will help them greatly.

Well as they say time is money, time lost is money lost. perhaps they should take a cue from World of Tanks where they built a completely all their own graphics engine to eliminate the need to use the antiquated Direct X.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Tore down the PC lastnight and removed my GPU drivers and card, replaced my nvidia card with an amd vega and installed new GPU drivers, updated them, confirmed directx (dxdiag) saw the new card with 10.1 compliance and ran STO.

Same freekin error.
    Took the opportunity to instead play Drakkengard 3 thru a ps3 emulator on the new GPU, so I know the new card is functioning properly.

I have a PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 in my system and I haven't had any issues at all. Ironically, I had random crashes before the last update. The game is running perfectly fine now, outside of the lag that everyone is experiencing. I am running the 2020,09.02 AMD drivers and Windows 10 is fully up to date.

Edit: Windows 10 has DirectX 11.3 and 12 installed. Has anyone tried installing the DirectX runtime package for DirectX 10.1 to see if that solves your issue? I know I have games installed that install the DX10.1 runtime when I installed them.
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Same freekin error.

I have a PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 in my system and I haven't had any issues at all. Ironically, I had random crashes before the last update. The game is running perfectly fine now, outside of the lag that everyone is experiencing. I am running the 2020,09.02 AMD drivers and Windows 10 is fully up to date.

Edit: Windows 10 has DirectX 11.3 and 12 installed. Has anyone tried installing the DirectX runtime package for DirectX 10.1 to see if that solves your issue? I know I have games installed that install the DX10.1 runtime when I installed them.
    Just
    tryed the 2010 directx installation in Win10
    Nothing. still Unsupported video card.
    But i guess it has to be something with the last update as i could play without problems until this week
    eazzie wrote: »

Think that there are any others who thought I was serious about starting a pool?
    Mudd's market is having a special on sense of humor bundles... :wink:
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    matz, some people are not good at detecting sarcasm. That includes me.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Direct X 11.
    DDI 10.1
    Direct Draw, Direct 3D Acceleration, AGP - all activated.

ATI Radeon 4600 Series, with 748MB cache.
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

I found out, the Radeon 4600 Series is no longer supported by AMD, and updates are only available through Windows updates. And Win 7 is no longer officially supported, I think, so no updating the video card driver. Error message from AMD: "install failed. wrong parameter".

The game worked fine before, graphics were always very rough with the old Radeon, but still okay-ish. The card has also been causing pixel-overlap issues on an on-and-off basis.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    goodbye, my star trek online :(