test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DirectX support

The launcher keeps telling my my card wont support DX hardware lvl 10.... I have DX 11, is this a bug or what? Kinda crappy if they suddenly changed the requirements without notice.
Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Not getting the card error, the game crashes everytime at the launcher and says the launcher stopped working unexpectedly so I'm wondering if they did stealth up the requirements to play. Everything was fine yesterday.
  • triadytriady Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'am having the same problem.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    same. like always... best start of the game XD
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    this massage ok.jpg
    You have dx11, but u haven't dx10 XD
    2ea5b9ce14726ff984806ee85f07e81d.gif

• ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thats the message I keep getting volticua
    Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
  • talicor73#3631 talicor73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Getting the same message since the patch,.... :(
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Same here...
  • ipmonitoripmonitor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I get the same pop up. i checked my system just in case and everything is fine and i run 12. so when are we gonna hear about a fix?
  • linmealinmea Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Here too :( Always the same hassle after a season update. Not funny ....
  • gerrit#2956 gerrit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @ensignrand said:
    > The launcher keeps telling my my card wont support DX hardware lvl 10.... I have DX 11, is this a bug or what? Kinda crappy if they suddenly changed the requirements without notice.

I am experimenting the same issue. All worked well with default settings before the last patch! I have DX 11 or 12 and a Geforce 405. Even the phrasing of the error message is "sardonic". Accentuating the frustration is a strange choice of Cryptic : "you will be unable to play using your current video card..."
  • commphynixcommphynix Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same here, i am running DX12 and i get this same pop up.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Everyone enjoys the update, only we were left without.

Devs don't say anything, is it resolved or discarded by us?

Good night!
  • jenovichjenovich Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Has there been a resolution to this
  • triadytriady Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just saying, reinstall doesn't work, driver att doesn't work, windows update didn't work, compatibility doesn't work.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    House Shattered is the best update ever and the players love it!

Although this does make me wonder why I still have the game installed.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I keep getting the DirectX 10 error message as well. I currently have DirectX 12 installed and my video card does support features from DirectX 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, and 9_1 from DxDiag.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I'll add my name to the list. If I need to go purchase another graphics card now, then i guess I'll have to. I'll stay tuned to this thread to see if this is all a Cryptic Bug that can be fixed...
  • methalis2003methalis2003 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here. DX11, but errored. I don't expect to see a solution from devs until tomorrow, at best. So temped to walk away....
  • narrownc77#5590 narrownc77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am here, for the same issue, Adding my name to the liste of multiple people being ask to buy a other graphic card.
  • bismark88bismark88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same problem here, game worked fine before update. Also getting dx10 error. I have dx11.
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Same issue. Everything worked fine until the last patch.
    It will take awhile because as far as Cryptic as mentioned on facebook that they are only aware of the vivox chat that no one uses much less being that most people can't even start the client now.
  • jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The silence from the Devs is deafening though. Hmm.....if they tell me I need to get a new video card, then this game will be canned like every other game that has given me access problems in the past,
  • solidusraccoon#9602 solidusraccoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Put my name on that list:
    Windows 10 with DirectX 12 installed
    Old TRIBBLE ATI Radeon HD 4600 (DirectX 10 capable)
    Have Uninstalled and Reinstalled Video Drivers through windows update
    Have Uninstalled the windows drivers and replaced with AMD drivers directly from the AMD website
    Have Force Verified the Game, Ran as administrator
    Do not have any command lines forcing an earlier directX version to run.
    Found some information on reddit and other places that claim a Resolution Change from 1920x1080 down to 800x600 then back to 1920x1080 will fix the issue (These post were from when the issue arouse in 2017) DOES NOT WORK for the 2020 Issue.
    Forum-Signature.jpg
    I wouldn't bother with trying to update things or reinstall things being that this is something they broke on their end. Can play games like gw2 without any problem which has graphics light years ahead of this game.
  • ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Just heard back from support, they apologised, said its a known issue but there is no time frame as to when it'll get fixed =/
    ensignrand wrote: »
    Just heard back from support, they apologised, said its a known issue but there is no time frame as to when it'll get fixed =/

Being less than a day since it came out and getting response back is a drastic improvement.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Add me to the 'you botched your update and me miss this event' list. Game worked fine till this morning.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • nikola123#8041 nikola123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    same here....

https://pasteboard.co/Juv2fQ2.jpg