What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DirectX support

Comments

• Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    ensignrand wrote: »
    Just heard back from support, they apologised, said its a known issue but there is no time frame as to when it'll get fixed =/

Ofc it's knowing issue. This issue since of 2016 when they disable dx9 and it's still at the game
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    jenovich wrote: »
    Has there been a resolution to this

They are aware but have no time frame on a resolution
  • Options
    potfipotfi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Short of reinstalling windows i think i tried everything to fix it ;/
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    1 day endeavor lost
    1 day event lost
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    minidari wrote: »
    1 day endeavor lost
    1 day event lost

Free Phoenix boxes too. They are broken as well. House Shattered seems rather apt. As it seems much of the game got shattered too.
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I've been playing this game for about 9 years (?) and honestly, the problems I've had in the game had been very few- most notable the extreme rubberbanding encountered all this year. Now, as with the folks on this thread, I cannot play the game due to the mysterious issue of an unsupported graphics card. The only comfort I can take right now is that it's not just me and that the problem is on Cryptic's end (I hope...). I will say that going over the forums, I get the impression the Crypic folk either are too busy or don't care to address the concerns of their subscribers, whichever the case I am disappointed. WILL this issue be addressed by the powers-that-be, or are forced to purchase a graphics card we (apparently) don't need. I love this game, warts and all, but I do not have a warm, fuzzy feeling right now... Perhaps this will be addressed in maintenance tomorrow? I don't know. I hope we all get to enjoy the content going on right now while we sit and contemplate the nature of the Universe :)
  • Options
    metha#2537 metha Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'll get on this bandwagon

Yesterday, before patch, worked fine now directx 10 error...

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nvidia drivers, doubled checked dxdiag to make sure I'm not crazy (have feature level 10 and all accelerations enabled) along with checking windows update and doing restarts all along the way. Can confirm games with vastly higher grapic and cpu requirements works perfectly fine only issue is with STO
  • Options
    hpeter1ahpeter1a Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem
  • Options
    superdutyzsuperdutyz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I had a friend that had this problem with another game.

Run dxdiag. You can either click start then run and enter dxdiag there or in windows 10 enter it in the search box.

Now look for the ddi version. Its the actual hardware version you running. Just because you dx whatever installed doesnt mean anything about the actual version of direct x your card can do.

You want to see ddi version 10.1 or above. Think of 10.0 as "yeah I can do some dx10 stuff" and 10.1 as "Yep Im fully dx10 compatible".

If you dont see 10.1 or higher you are not really doing dx10 completely and that's the problem.

Remember 10.1 has been out since February 4, 2008 for windows vista. So you cant really blame them for using that as a cut off point of 12 years :)

Maybe they will set the requirement check back to 10.0 with enough complaints.
  • Options
    kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Trouble is I'm getting that problem too, but I've got ddi well above Dx 10.0. So something went screwy somewhere. I just hope it can be fixed, because I was actually looking forward to the next chapter. Maybe it'll bring me one step closer to putting a sword through J'ula's face.
  • Options
    triadytriady Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    superdutyz wrote: »

Run dxdiag. You can either click start then run and enter dxdiag there or in windows 10 enter it in the search box.

Now look for the ddi version. Its the actual hardware version you running. Just because you dx whatever installed doesnt mean anything about the actual version of direct x your card can do.

You want to see ddi version 10.1 or above. Think of 10.0 as "yeah I can do some dx10 stuff" and 10.1 as "Yep Im fully dx10 compatible".

If you dont see 10.1 or higher you are not really doing dx10 completely and that's the problem.

Remember 10.1 has been out since February 4, 2008 for windows vista. So you cant really blame them for using that as a cut off point of 12 years :)

DDI 11.1, i was able to play before the patch, it's a problem on their end.

• Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    after today's update, nothing has changed

ok.jpg

good night, see you tomorrow after the next update and the 3rd day without endeavor, event and phoenix box

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Wait- so your saying PWE bricked our game that we've played for 9 years because MS want's to stop supporting their old software ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    Does ANYONE have any new information on this issue?If this isn't resolved by tomorrow at the very least, I'm afraid they will lose a 9+ year customer :(
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    still same %^&#%^&* after patch today
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're looking into this one right now. Apologies.
  • Options
    talyn829talyn829 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2020

I'm having the same problem, getting an error about a DirectX 10 incompatible graphics card while running DirectX11. I ran dxdiag and I have ddi version 10.1. So the problem isn't on my end.

Now the game was working fine until the last patch, so I'm thinking it's not us, but the game itself that's the problem.

• Options
    talyn829talyn829 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Thanks very much Kael! Nice to hear that you're onto this.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User

Thank you for responding.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    i hope you will add few more days to event tfo. after this "perfect" start it's will be nice
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Basically I found if you disable and uninstall everything associated with your video card but don't let it manually update you can get into the game. Although the frame rate that way without directx makes it incredibly slow so if you give it about 5 minutes you can at least claim the experimental upgrade like this. Although I got tired of watching my banking character try to dodge roll back to the bank/exchange in first city. It was the only way the character would move at that slow of frame rate. So who is up for a dodge roll race in first city?
  • Options
    I add my appreciation for folks getting back to us! Communication is key and it eases the feelings of frustration knowing someone hears us, understands our plight and will look into resolving it :)
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Same here, my Intel HD Graphics is running version 12 of Directx, Everything ran smoothly for years then they performed the dreaded 'shard maintenance' and bang! Suddenly I have an unsupported driver... right... They messed up I will not replace a perfectly good graphics card which works everywhere else. Red Alert (4/5) will be over by the time I can get back in.

PS: DDI is 11.1
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Thank you, it helps knowing we are not just spitting into the wind. (you know I don't mean 'spitting')

Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Please, as we just lost 2 days of phoenix packs and the new event
  • Options
    xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    > @motito78 said:
    > Please, as we just lost 2 days of phoenix packs and the new event

I agree, that's a huge problem.
  • Options
    solidusraccoon#9602 solidusraccoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Basically I found if you disable and uninstall everything associated with your video card but don't let it manually update you can get into the game. Although the frame rate that way without directx makes it incredibly slow so if you give it about 5 minutes you can at least claim the experimental upgrade like this. Although I got tired of watching my banking character try to dodge roll back to the bank/exchange in first city. It was the only way the character would move at that slow of frame rate. So who is up for a dodge roll race in first city?

Confirmed this does work, I simply disabled my Display Adapter in Device Manager (I did not uninstall just disable). Claimed my Ship Upgrade and refined dylithium on all my toons with excess ore. Not playable, but it is nice to ensure you don't miss ship upgrade and can whittle down all of that excess unrefined ore. After you finish simply enable Display Adapter.
    Forum-Signature.jpg
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

Confirmed this does work, I simply disabled my Display Adapter in Device Manager (I did not uninstall just disable). Claimed my Ship Upgrade and refined dylithium on all my toons with excess ore. Not playable, but it is nice to ensure you don't miss ship upgrade and can whittle down all of that excess unrefined ore. After you finish simply enable Display Adapter.

I disabled it too but it didn't work but I suspect this has to do with the epic games thing because I've seen a similar workaround for other games doing this very thing when trying to use their system. So it wouldn't be reaching too far if this was due to that epic games TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    solidusraccoon#9602 solidusraccoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ^^ Ya, I assume the disable option may not work for some people, in which case they can take it a little further and use your method. Uninstall driver and use the Microsoft Default Driver (confirmed this does work for me as well) just be sure to pause windows updates so that it does not download and install your display adapter driver before you finish doing the things you want to do. Keep in mind this is not going to allow you to play TFO's and do daily missions. But I was able to claim ship upgrade and refine dylithium on all 8 accounts in less than 10 minutes. Dont get click crazy go slow. Click one time and wait for response. If you have patience's you can probably setup your endeavor and doff systems, But I dont have that kind of patience. Refining Dylithium daily is really my main concern. I'm sure they will get the problem fixed in time for us to still get atleast 20 points towards that new space set... hopefully. But in the meantime This option can help you keep that dylithium refine reseting daily.

Got a hurricane coming up thru Louisiana prolly be without power -_- soon as they fix it i wont have electricity and miss a few more days i'm sure. O well.

Thanks @trillbuffet for the helpful tip on getting in to do small things. ;) more tips and less complaining is beneficial.
    Forum-Signature.jpg