test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

✯✯✯ STAR TREK PICARD ✯✯✯ (reactions and discussion WITH SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I really liked the first episode, and I have a feeling that Picard will ultimately end up showing the Federation the error of it's ways and will inspire it back to the utopian world view we're used to seeing. That'll end up being his ultimate legacy I think.

On a different note, is anyone a little confused over which year the episode is set in? I thought it was 2399, but if that's true and that was the 20th year since the supernova, that would mean the nova hit the same year as Nemesis (I think). JJTrek I think stated the supernova was 2387, i.e. 12 years before Picard, not 20.

Or have I missed something there?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    alfred399 wrote: »
    I really liked the first episode, and I have a feeling that Picard will ultimately end up showing the Federation the error of it's ways and will inspire it back to the utopian world view we're used to seeing.

Idk, this logo from season 3 of ST:D makes it look like the Federation is a lot smaller in the future Discovery went to, I'm thinking this is meant to be the beginning of the decline.

e7ZC7iCkCsqTM3UNrDsAR8-320-80.png
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    I really liked the first episode, and I have a feeling that Picard will ultimately end up showing the Federation the error of it's ways and will inspire it back to the utopian world view we're used to seeing.

Idk, this logo from season 3 of ST:D makes it look like the Federation is a lot smaller in the future Discovery went to, I'm thinking this is meant to be the beginning of the decline.

e7ZC7iCkCsqTM3UNrDsAR8-320-80.png

Maybe....though one heck of a slow decline to take what, 800ish years?
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Idk, this logo from season 3 of ST:D makes it look like the Federation is a lot smaller in the future Discovery went to, I'm thinking this is meant to be the beginning of the decline.
    >
    > (Image)

Well we know that Georgio goes back in time most likely so perhaps this decline isn't set in stone .
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yistaan wrote: »
    the interviewer said ROMULAN sun...not ROMULUS sun - ROMULAN sun

ANY star within romulan space could be the one that went supernova, including hobus; until something shows up in picard that SPECIFICALLY says it was the romulus system's primary, STO doesn't have to change anything​​
    Good point.

Making the supernova the Romulus sun, despite at first glance seeming more scientifically plausible, actually causes more problems. It means that Spock was going to use the red matter to consume Romulus' sun, somehow thinking it would save Romulus despite it consequently not having any sun at the end of Spock's operation.

Ironically the magical faster than light supernova in another star system called Hobus makes more sense here.
    It also fits with the 2009 movie well. In the 2009 movie Spock talks about how much time he'd had to find a solution to the problem and attempt to prevent the destruction of Romulus. He apparently had days to work on it. Doesn't really make sense for it to be the sun Romulus orbits.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    PlutoTV app on my phone gave a notify that Picard episode 1 will run all day today on app channel 661 TV SCIFI. So if you don't have another way to see it, you can today. Also see you can watch through their web site too.
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    They were prepping the rescue armada 2 years before whichever star it really was went Nova? They cut off the Romulans with a lot of forethought.

Nice to see the rumours of LaForge dying in the prequel comics were wrong.
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I just watched Episode 2 of Star Trek: Picard. For the first time on any screen, they showed a 5 pipped admiral. The 5 pipped admiral seems to be a departure from following the current rank structure of the U.S. Navy. I have no problem with that particular rank change since it is possible (although remote) that the 5 star (which was used in the U.S. Army and Navy) could be reinstated. There has even been 6 stars awarded in the U.S. Military. Both 5 and 6 stars were awarded during extremely rare circumstances, ie. WWII. Therefore, awarding such ranks would still be acceptably within the current U.S. rank structure.

However, the same episode does show for the first time ever of one pip inside a box like lines. Unfortunately, the one star (pip) was addressed as commodore. Gene Roddenberry had modeled Starfleet's rank structure based on the U.S. Navy. When Roddenberry served in the army air corps, the navy did have the commodore rank. However, for many years, a one star naval officer was renamed Rear Admiral (LC) because the other branches complained that a commodore was technically lower than a one star general. The other branches believed that a commodore should not have the same status as a one star general, including pay. It would seem that those working on ST: Picard have departed from a rank pattern based on current U.S. Navy rank structure.

In Episode 2, it is also shown that the 1 star commodore is wearing a yellow gold uniform, not red. Except for Admiral Todd in an episode of ST: DS9, no one above the rank of commander wore anything except a red uniform. From interviews of crews and creators, it was stated that Todd's yellow gold uniform was a costuming production error. This episode now implies that a captain can wear a uniform other than command red.
  • Options
    Maybe....though one heck of a slow decline to take what, 800ish years?

We don't know how long the Federation has been like that, it could have been much faster and the Federation just never recovered.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @captainjk740 said:
    > I just watched Episode 2 of Star Trek: Picard. For the first time on any screen, they showed a 5 pipped admiral. The 5 pipped admiral seems to be a departure from following the current rank structure of the U.S. Navy. I have no problem with that particular rank change since it is possible (although remote) that the 5 star (which was used in the U.S. Army and Navy) could be reinstated. There has even been 6 stars awarded in the U.S. Military. Both 5 and 6 stars were awarded during extremely rare circumstances, ie. WWII. Therefore, awarding such ranks would still be acceptably within the current U.S. rank structure.
    >
    > However, the same episode does show for the first time ever of one pip inside a box like lines. Unfortunately, the one star (pip) was addressed as commodore. Gene Roddenberry had modeled Starfleet's rank structure based on the U.S. Navy. When Roddenberry served in the army air corps, the navy did have the commodore rank. However, for many years, a one star naval officer was renamed Rear Admiral (LC) because the other branches complained that a commodore was technically lower than a one star general. The other branches believed that a commodore should not have the same status as a one star general, including pay. It would seem that those working on ST: Picard have departed from a rank pattern based on current U.S. Navy rank structure.
    >
    > In Episode 2, it is also shown that the 1 star commodore is wearing a yellow gold uniform, not red. Except for Admiral Todd in an episode of ST: DS9, no one above the rank of commander wore anything except a red uniform. From interviews of crews and creators, it was stated that Todd's yellow gold uniform was a costuming production error. This episode now implies that a captain can wear a uniform other than command red.

In the current US Navy commodore is a position rather than a rank. I was stationed on a minesweeper. The commanding officer has the rank of Commander. They reported to a Commodore that had the rank of Captain.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, Farragut was the six star. All WW II promotions were to five star.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Regarding episode 2, I found it weirdly predictable. like the writer was trying to foreshadow things but it was blatantly obvious what was going to happen before it should have been. Like that romulan on the cube being involved and trying to get close to her for info, and as soon as the admiral contacted that 'vulcan' commodore it was obvious she was going to actually be a romulan infiltrator before the admiral had even finished speaking. The whole 'if anyone was working for the romulans I would know about it hur hur hur' was way too on the nose about it

That said, I think they gave away far more of the plot than they intended to in this episode - i'm calling it now, the uprising on mars wasn't the synths doing at all, it was whatever this secret romulan group is finding a way to reprogram them and use them to attack the federation. The tell for it is obvious - that the synth in the first scene killed itself after doing its job, combined with going out of their way to point out the romulan group is so obsessively against the existence of artificial life. They are killing two birds with one stone while making it look like an uprising of synths. It certainly comes off as something the romulans would do, i'll give them that

i'm also calling it that sooner or later there will be an incident of some kind of the cube regarding the borg. Its heavily implied by them repeatedly bringing up that badge they wear and going out of their way to say 'if it starts beeping RUN'

That said, I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cube being cut off from the collective (because they made a point of bringing that point up) is actually a ploy by the collective. Make the romulans think its safe and that they can use the cube to research anti borg technology, get their best and brightest anti borg people there, then when they find something out that can actually be used against the borg, reactivate the connection, take control of the 'former' drones and assimilate everyone and everything in the cube. Its exactly the kind of trap I would set if I were the collective. Again, I don't expect it to happen, but it fits with the kind of ploy the collective would come up with and the romulans are arrogant and overconfident enough to fall for something like that
  • Options
    yistaanyistaan Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    That said, I think they gave away far more of the plot than they intended to in this episode - i'm calling it now, the uprising on mars wasn't the synths doing at all, it was whatever this secret romulan group is finding a way to reprogram them and use them to attack the federation. The tell for it is obvious - that the synth in the first scene killed itself after doing its job, combined with going out of their way to point out the romulan group is so obsessively against the existence of artificial life. They are killing two birds with one stone while making it look like an uprising of synths. It certainly comes off as something the romulans would do, i'll give them that
    I know it's stated the Zhat Vash hate androids supposedly, but would they really doom their entire Romulan homeworld and empire just to kill a bunch of Federation androids? That seems a massive stretch.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    yistaan wrote: »
    I know it's stated the Zhat Vash hate androids supposedly, but would they really doom their entire Romulan homeworld and empire just to kill a bunch of Federation androids? That seems a massive stretch.

If they truly believe that synthetics are a menace to all life that must be destroyed, then Romulus is a small price to pay. It is also possible that the rogue Synth plan was conducted before they knew Romulus would be destroyed.

It is extremely weird how the Federation had plenty of time to create a rescue armada for Romulus, but the Romulans didn't have time to save themselves with their massive fleets and starship manufacturing capabilities. If the Romulan star system is already going to be destroyed, then it doesn't matter how much the star system is processed to build a fleet to save themselves.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    What massive fleets and starship manufacturing capabilities? How do you know they have that? There is a reason they must be so obsessed about stealth ,and that is probably not because they have gigantic fleets lying ready for a major assault or evacuation. It's probably because they don't and their only advantage is that with their cloaks and an excellent intelligence service, they can choose exactly when and where to strike and get the best result, and the enemy can only hope he has enough ships stationed at every system they could attack, because he won't have the time to reinforce if he doesn't.

Their cloaks are great to get the most out of even a small fleet of ships... but it sucks for any situation where total numbers matter.
    And even with a massive fleet - it still isn't guaranteed to be enough to evacuate your world quickly. The ships serve a purpose already, patrol areas, transport goods and people, they aren't just sitting around on idle. If suddenly instead of transporting goods you transport people, you run out of food and resources for your worlds. If you stop patrolling, hostile factions will use the opportunity to strike on your worlds.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    this new episode is very good, star trek makes a step in the modernity and begins to forget its kitsch past.
    Can't wait to see the future episodes and learn more stuff about the synth attack and the romulan conspiracy.

why some romulans don't have V-shaped forehead ridges? Some of them look like the romulans from Star Trek 2009 movie.

I hope that we will see a lot of romulan stuff (weapons, ships etc), and they will be added to STO in a way or an other. (please no r&d and gamble boxes). The romulan faction is my favorite.

• Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    > @sennahcherib said:
    > this new episode is very good, star trek makes a step in the modernity and begins to forget its kitsch past.
    > Can't wait to see the future episodes and learn more stuff about the synth attack and the romulan conspiracy.
    >
    > why some romulans don't have V-shaped forehead ridges? Some of them look like the romulans from Star Trek 2009 movie.
    >
    > I hope that we will see a lot of romulan stuff (weapons, ships etc), and they will be added to STO in a way or an other. (please no r&d and gamble boxes). The romulan faction is my favorite.

I kind of like that some romulans have different ridges. It gives them some variety that imo was kind of lacking in earlier series.

And loved the new episode overall. It does make me ask how deep it all goes. And it totally reminds me of some modern issues today without being overtly blunt about it.

And as a romulan player myself, I hope we get more ships to. I want that shuttle...

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Regarding episode 2, I found it weirdly predictable. like the writer was trying to foreshadow things but it was blatantly obvious what was going to happen before it should have been. Like that romulan on the cube being involved and trying to get close to her for info, and as soon as the admiral contacted that 'vulcan' commodore it was obvious she was going to actually be a romulan infiltrator before the admiral had even finished speaking. The whole 'if anyone was working for the romulans I would know about it hur hur hur' was way too on the nose about it

I saw that as well within this episode. Po is an infiltrator like that lieutenant, i suspect Narek will want to confess the truth to Soji at some point and that he is falling in love with her. When Picard figures it all out, i also suspect he'll be back to prove to the arrogant admiral how wrong she was to cast doubt and cast aside Picard.

Now we just need to know what this medical condition Picard has and how long he has left, but i suspect he'll be cured by the end of the season.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    this new episode is very good, star trek makes a step in the modernity and begins to forget its kitsch past.
    Can't wait to see the future episodes and learn more stuff about the synth attack and the romulan conspiracy.

why some romulans don't have V-shaped forehead ridges? Some of them look like the romulans from Star Trek 2009 movie.

I hope that we will see a lot of romulan stuff (weapons, ships etc), and they will be added to STO in a way or an other. (please no r&d and gamble boxes). The romulan faction is my favorite.

Not all Romulans have ridges, and in those who do they differ a bit in size and style from person to person. The reason for that is that Vulcans do not all have ridges, and the Romulans are essentially an independent colony of Vulcans who broke away for cultural reasons. In fact, in TNG some of the Vulcans had the V ridges, while others did not.

I am curious, what "kitsch" you are referring to? The show was never lowbrow or even low-quality, every single series (and movie) was top notch quality-wise for the time they were made (in fact, TOS was shot with the same 35mm cameras that A-grade moves were shot with). And it was not maudlin over the top melodrama or a spoof either so it does not fit any of the definitions of kitsch. The closest it comes to kitsch is the Kelvin-timeline stuff which did spoof some of TOS to some degree, and that was not particularly close.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I don't want to discuss with you about the definition of kisch (wikipedia or an other dictionnary would have a better definition). I didn't think about TOS when I said that Star trek was kitsch. in fact, I like very much TOS and its special atmosphere.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Now we just need to know what this medical condition Picard has and how long he has left, but i suspect he'll be cured by the end of the season.
    Irumodic Syndrome. This was already discussed in the TNG finale. Regardless if that is what it truly is or not, Picard's friend/doctor here in episode 2 said "they all end the same way" and "if you're lucky, this mission will kill you first." I'm guessing the promise of a great death scene is one of the hooks they used to get Sir Patrick to do the series.
    I was gonna guess heart problems, but maybe they already upgraded his heart? I mean... again... They had to do that once already.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Artificial_heart
    Wait... maybe because of getting assimilated he now has a Borg heart? I mean there's no way Locutus still had that junky prosthetic heart Pulaski implanted in him. :p I wonder what model his current heart is?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I have to say, episode 2 dragged a bit. Sure, at some point they need all the exposition and establish the characters, but the very long explanations about Romulans, Borg and what's going on with the stuff we see were a bit unnecessary: The 'fan' kinda knows everything (save the parts they created for this show of course) and people not that familiar with the setting still can't really follow the thing with secret Romulan organizations within secret organizations that are all very secret. It also doesn't help that so many things sound very similiar, like all the Romulan names and terms.

In terms of plot we'll see. I stand by my initial statement that it seems like a very generic plot about conspiracies and super secret secret agent people - something we only had like a bazillion times already. I never found my love for spy stories or Romulan-centric stories but I keep an open mind.

And regarding the rank designations: Who would have thought Star Trek is not depending on current RL circumstances of one service in one country? This always was a nonsensical argument, and that was confirmed now.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Finally got around to watching episode 2. One thing that sticks out to me is how their both using and ignoring certain aspects of ST:D. The first episode had an image of Worf that did not appear to have been altered in any way to make him resemble the abominations they call Klingons in Discovery, and this episode featured Andorians who looked like traditional Andorians rather than those featured in Discovery. However this episode also featured a hologram of the ST:D Constitution, so it's hard to really get a good read on what their stance is on the things Discovery retconned. The colored part of the Starfleet uniform also has mini deltas sewn into the fabric similar to the JJ Uniform, though only really noticeable in close-up shots.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Finally got around to watching episode 2. One thing that sticks out to me is how their both using and ignoring certain aspects of ST:D. The first episode had an image of Worf that did not appear to have been altered in any way to make him resemble the abominations they call Klingons in Discovery, and this episode featured Andorians who looked like traditional Andorians rather than those featured in Discovery. However this episode also featured a hologram of the ST:D Constitution, so it's hard to really get a good read on what their stance is on the things Discovery retconned. The colored part of the Starfleet uniform also has mini deltas sewn into the fabric similar to the JJ Uniform, though only really noticeable in close-up shots.

Worf said that "We do not discuss it with outsiders" in Trials and Tribble-ations. Even though the comment was about TOS Klingons, the point still stands for Discovery Klingons. I want someone to create a video where they replace the TOS Klingons with Discovery Klingons in that scene.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    According to Hetrick (the makeup designer for DSC) the major Klingon houses are not all from Qo'noS (though most are) and some of them have considerably different looks from the others. Supposedly the TNG style Klingons, the TMP style ones, and the others all exist but not all of them were on the Federation front at the time of Burnham's war.

I suppose it might make a certain amount of sense to bring in houses that did not participate in the war to patrol and act as a buffer between houses still hot and wanting the fight to continue and the Federation their central government just declared a cease fire with.
  • Options
    According to Hetrick (the makeup designer for DSC) the major Klingon houses are not all from Qo'noS (though most are) and some of them have considerably different looks from the others. Supposedly the TNG style Klingons, the TMP style ones, and the others all exist but not all of them were on the Federation front at the time of Burnham's war.

I suppose it might make a certain amount of sense to bring in houses that did not participate in the war to patrol and act as a buffer between houses still hot and wanting the fight to continue and the Federation their central government just declared a cease fire with.

And it would have been a whole lot better to have a few TNG Klingons and TOS Klingons in Discovery to establish that the Klingons are not one homogeneous race rather than that stupid hair explanation. They could have even gone with Klingons are no longer one race, but any member of the Klingon Empire. So the Enterprise/TNG Klingons were the original Klingon race while the Discovery Klingons were another race that became part of the Klingon Empire and adopted the Klingon name as a result.
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »

Irumodic Syndrome. This was already discussed in the TNG finale. Regardless if that is what it truly is or not, Picard's friend/doctor here in episode 2 said "they all end the same way" and "if you're lucky, this mission will kill you first." I'm guessing the promise of a great death scene is one of the hooks they used to get Sir Patrick to do the series.

This is my take on it also. This series I think will be Picard's swansong one way or another. Hopefully that means his eventual death will be as epic as the character, and Sir Patrick himself, deserve
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

And it would have been a whole lot better to have a few TNG Klingons and TOS Klingons in Discovery to establish that the Klingons are not one homogeneous race rather than that stupid hair explanation. They could have even gone with Klingons are no longer one race, but any member of the Klingon Empire. So the Enterprise/TNG Klingons were the original Klingon race while the Discovery Klingons were another race that became part of the Klingon Empire and adopted the Klingon name as a result.

they had a TNG style klingon in the S2 finale on l'rell's flagship​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    And regarding the rank designations: Who would have thought Star Trek is not depending on current RL circumstances of one service in one country? This always was a nonsensical argument, and that was confirmed now.

Yup, I was correct all along. One star ranks in Starfleet are commodores and just because we don't see any after the 2260s doesn't mean they stopped existing just because some long extinct unrelated surface force of a long dead country stopped using it centuries before Starfleet even existed.
    I win.
    Finally got around to watching episode 2. One thing that sticks out to me is how their both using and ignoring certain aspects of ST:D.

DSC.
    The first episode had an image of Worf that did not appear to have been altered in any way to make him resemble the abominations they call Klingons in Discovery,

If they call them Klingons then they're Klingons, you don't need to put 'they call' before any fictional concept. And we know what Worf looks like, why do you think they would change him? They've not changed the Enterprise or Data or the TNG/DS9 uniforms.
    and this episode featured Andorians who looked like traditional Andorians rather than those featured in Discovery.

There's no such thing as a 'traditional Andorian'. The TOS ones don't look like the TMP ones who don't look like the TNG one, who don't look like the ENT ones who don't look like the DSC ones. There is n set design of any ST race.
    However this episode also featured a hologram of the ST:D Constitution,

DSC.
    so it's hard to really get a good read on what their stance is on the things Discovery retconned.

DSC hasn't retconned anything other than the visuals of The Cage. Everything else takes place earlier than any part of TOS. And considering you've even pointed out different styles of Klingons and Andorians you even know they haven't retconned those species like TMP did with the Klingons.
    The colored part of the Starfleet uniform also has mini deltas sewn into the fabric similar to the JJ Uniform, though only really noticeable in close-up shots.

Kelvin Timeline. Aa far as I'm aware the director of the first film doesn't have a uniform.
    they had a TNG style klingon in the S2 finale on l'rell's flagship​​

K'Vort. They also had prominent TNG style Klingons all over DSC series 1. Just because T'Kuvma and Kol were bald it doesn't mean they're not TNG style Klingons.

L'Rell and the other coneheads are nothing like Kol who's nothing like L'Rell's uncle who's nothing like the Ferengi looking council woman.

DSC had all sorts of different Klingons but the TNG style ones where there from the beginning.
    starkaos wrote: »
    And it would have been a whole lot better to have a few TNG Klingons and TOS Klingons in Discovery to establish that the Klingons are not one homogeneous race rather than that stupid hair explanation.

There's plenty of TNG Klingons in DSC already. Right alongside DSC style ones.
    kolsha.jpg
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!