test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New ships

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I honestly think the reason why they haven't made a new Romulan ship is because they're likely out of creative ideas on how they can incorporate a ship that is for recon and still make it look romulan enough, or at least give us something else. I mean, look at what they've done in the game:

When they were first announced as a faction, we had The T'Liss/T'Varo ships, we had the Mogai, the D'deridex and the Scimitar as canon ships. They padded the initial roster out with the Dhelan, the Ha'apax (and the Hanom and Hafeh parts as separate ships). Then they added the Ar'kif Tactical Warbird, another cryptic design. They gave the Romulans mirror universe ships, Temporal lock box ships, a veteran ship and a veteran small craft (another canon design) all to fill out their initial ship set up. Then they introduced the Dyson Warbird.

When T6 became annnounced, it was only a matter of time before the Romulans would start getting other warbirds. They gave them an intel warbird, 3 variants of a Command Warbird, 3 variants of a pilot warbird, 3 variants on a Miracle worker ship and gave them variants of species that were either tied to them via New Romulus history or through space interaction. They even gave us T6 versions of all the T5 ships, save the Dyson Warbird. They even gave us a TOS alternate warbird which is their own original design.

With discovery coming up, this is a good opportunity for them to set aside Romulans and focus in on designing the ships that are in Discovery. Since Romulans are not in that series.

The wiki lists almost 50 ships including fleet variants and other races (Dewan, Suliban) - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_playable_starship

The Romulans had much less screen time than feds and KDF so it wouldn't surprise me if the Cryptic ship designers were having a harder time coming up with new ships after making so many.

My 4 Romulan captains own far more T6 Romships than they know what to do with.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

At this point, honestly, it almost feel like they have something personal against the Nova, as it appears being passed up on, time and again, in favor of far less canon-y ships. It was Harry Kim's ship, right? (Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, LOL, as I suck at remembering stuff like that).

Correct. Between that and the Vor'cha. And yes, that was Harry Kim's ship.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I honestly think the reason why they haven't made a new Romulan ship is because they're likely out of creative ideas on how they can incorporate a ship that is for recon and still make it look romulan enough, or at least give us something else. I mean, look at what they've done in the game:

When they were first announced as a faction, we had The T'Liss/T'Varo ships, we had the Mogai, the D'deridex and the Scimitar as canon ships. They padded the initial roster out with the Dhelan, the Ha'apax (and the Hanom and Hafeh parts as separate ships). Then they added the Ar'kif Tactical Warbird, another cryptic design. They gave the Romulans mirror universe ships, Temporal lock box ships, a veteran ship and a veteran small craft (another canon design) all to fill out their initial ship set up. Then they introduced the Dyson Warbird.

When T6 became annnounced, it was only a matter of time before the Romulans would start getting other warbirds. They gave them an intel warbird, 3 variants of a Command Warbird, 3 variants of a pilot warbird, 3 variants on a Miracle worker ship and gave them variants of species that were either tied to them via New Romulus history or through space interaction. They even gave us T6 versions of all the T5 ships, save the Dyson Warbird. They even gave us a TOS alternate warbird which is their own original design.

With discovery coming up, this is a good opportunity for them to set aside Romulans and focus in on designing the ships that are in Discovery. Since Romulans are not in that series.

The wiki lists almost 50 ships including fleet variants and other races (Dewan, Suliban) - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_playable_starship

The Romulans had much less screen time than feds and KDF so it wouldn't surprise me if the Cryptic ship designers were having a harder time coming up with new ships after making so many.

I WANT a T6 DSD..thou I am happy with what my rom can do in the T5U

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    My impression was that the Dyson Destroyerswere some of the worst selling ships that they had made at the time. They have never been popular and I would be really surprised to see them make T6 variants of those ships.

Oh I wouldn't say that! :p I loved my Rommie Dyson to death. Flew it all the time and was probably the best looking ship in the entire game! However...You are right @seaofsorrows, They didn't sell all that well. They were very gimmicky, the transformation had bugs and the bloody proton DHCs couldn't be removed for something better. The Vestas (on the Fed side) were a much better choice. For the KDF and Roms, they were the best sci ships available until the Research and Multimission T6 ships came out. I suspect if they even hinted a T6 version of those ships, it go right into the Lobi store.

Now wrt the new ships coming out and the lack of Rommie representation - I honestly don't care that they're not releasing one with the batch. I'm conditioned now to seeing Rommie ships in bundles or in the Lobi store with very little to nothing in between. That my Romulan toons can now fly fed ships in the interim (between the supposed releases) just means that my long neglected fed toons might start seeing more starships in their respective inventories. My two ec.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    Thank you, lianthelia, for so quickly (and with no apparent sense of irony!) illustrating Rattler's point.

Yeah...because and I quote "we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or JH ship"

Just instills me with such a great sense of hope....because you know...the Devs over and over and over again have never done anything like this? They've never abandoned a faction because it isn't as profitable as Feds.

But you know what they say...ignorance is bliss.

Just embrace it @lianthelia. If you just learn to accept that you'll probably get nothing, when you do get it, you might be pleasantly surprised. ;)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
  • Options
    O
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm sorry, but step between stars makes me have nightmares about that ship. Especially now with the level 65 scaling.

Oh c'mon! That mission isn't THAT bloody painful. :p Well maybe a little, but still, I'd take Step over any of the old DS9/Dominon/Cardie missions any day.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

• Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > My impression was that the Dyson Destroyerswere some of the worst selling ships that they had made at the time. They have never been popular and I would be really surprised to see them make T6 variants of those ships.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I wouldn't say that! :p I loved my Rommie Dyson to death. Flew it all the time and was probably the best looking ship in the entire game! However...You are right @seaofsorrows, They didn't sell all that well. They were very gimmicky, the transformation had bugs and the bloody proton DHCs couldn't be removed for something better. The Vestas (on the Fed side) were a much better choice. For the KDF and Roms, they were the best sci ships available until the Research and Multimission T6 ships came out. I suspect if they even hinted a T6 version of those ships, it go right into the Lobi store.

I got the pack of the Federation Dysons when the pack sale was going, and they've genuinely flown directly into my favourites list days after beginning to fly them. Everything about them is just soooo cooool. They transform, have glossy white coats, unique proton equipment and a sick gun, everything about them is just amazing. Sure, transformation might not be the most useful thing in the world, the consoles are iffy in their usefulness, but I love them and would immediately buy a Dyson T6 f they ever come up with one (Especially for more set bonuses!)

More on topic, I don't really mind the Romulans getting less ships now. I never thought it was fair that they could use their ally faction's endgame ships but the rest of us couldn't use theirs, and this seems a bit more of a balanced move. I do feel a bit bad for people who actually do like Warbirds and prefer them to other ships, but I believe the Romulans should either have access to their allied ships and give up their own ships to everyone else, or only have their own ships, with no access to their allies'. There's already too much the Romulans keep over the other factions (SRO, Singularities, unique items, maps, etc), and I'm happy that they finally get to see the first semblance of actual fairness (Not really though, they still have access to all of our stuff without giving up any of theirs,sand they literally get the same stuff as everyone else here so...)

I get that people like having Romulan ships, some of them do like nice, but they can't keep getting special treatment.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The build they put on them was kinda bad. And honestly the Fed one is the worst of the three designs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The build they put on them was kinda bad. And honestly the Fed one is the worst of the three designs.

I've always been told that opinions can't be wrong, but this has proved otherwise.

Joking! I can see why people may not like the looks of them, especially the Federation designs. They're at best a huge departure from conventional designs but still able to sorta win it back by using normal skins, or at worst look kinda disgusting using anything BUT the Dyson skins. Still, I can't help but adore the shiny white, clean design with the purple highlights. It works so well for me. I can see how the build options can be somewhat limiting, but I think that what they can do is still pretty strong stuff.
  • Options
    It honestly looks like a Solanae Automated Shipyard tried to recreate a Federation ship using its own materials. At least the Klingon and Romulan ones can look like actual Klingon and Romulan ships with the faction skins, not to mention be some of the ONLY Sci ships they got. Fed one? nope. Still looks a bit like shtako to me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > My impression was that the Dyson Destroyerswere some of the worst selling ships that they had made at the time. They have never been popular and I would be really surprised to see them make T6 variants of those ships.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh I wouldn't say that! :p I loved my Rommie Dyson to death. Flew it all the time and was probably the best looking ship in the entire game! However...You are right @seaofsorrows, They didn't sell all that well. They were very gimmicky, the transformation had bugs and the bloody proton DHCs couldn't be removed for something better. The Vestas (on the Fed side) were a much better choice. For the KDF and Roms, they were the best sci ships available until the Research and Multimission T6 ships came out. I suspect if they even hinted a T6 version of those ships, it go right into the Lobi store.

I got the pack of the Federation Dysons when the pack sale was going, and they've genuinely flown directly into my favourites list days after beginning to fly them. Everything about them is just soooo cooool. They transform, have glossy white coats, unique proton equipment and a sick gun, everything about them is just amazing. Sure, transformation might not be the most useful thing in the world, the consoles are iffy in their usefulness, but I love them and would immediately buy a Dyson T6 f they ever come up with one (Especially for more set bonuses!)

More on topic, I don't really mind the Romulans getting less ships now. I never thought it was fair that they could use their ally faction's endgame ships but the rest of us couldn't use theirs, and this seems a bit more of a balanced move. I do feel a bit bad for people who actually do like Warbirds and prefer them to other ships, but I believe the Romulans should either have access to their allied ships and give up their own ships to everyone else, or only have their own ships, with no access to their allies'. There's already too much the Romulans keep over the other factions (SRO, Singularities, unique items, maps, etc), and I'm happy that they finally get to see the first semblance of actual fairness (Not really though, they still have access to all of our stuff without giving up any of theirs,sand they literally get the same stuff as everyone else here so...)

I get that people like having Romulan ships, some of them do like nice, but they can't keep getting special treatment.

I never asked for Romulans to be able to fly their allies ships. That's why I have KDF and Fed characters for. That's why I grinded and payed (real cash at some point) multiple times over for having extra characters. I want romulan ships, instead they gave us less, and a "won't never make rom ships again, maybe later in 2019" which sounds real dire. Singularity abilities are balanced by having lower subsystem power levels, no built-in subsystem targeting at times (T'Laru), no cruiser commands, and I forgot what else since I tire of reminding you feds. SRO is powerful, Rom ships are powerful, Roms do have a few Rom-only maps and cosmetics, and with all that incentive we still remain a sub-faction. Then there's you sitting on your land of plenty fed side saying stuff like "I'm happy that they finally get to see the first semblance of actual fairness." Seriously? Again, I didn't ask for this, I don't want KDF ships or Fed ships, it's been simply forced on us.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    The Federation pretty much has two destroyers now, but I still wish they would add a tactical or even science dreadnought, all we have is the dreadnought cruiser but honestly I never cared for it.
  • Options
    Eh... Pretty sure the Vengeance counts as a Tac Dread. It is a beast that can rival a Scimitar.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    But that's a lockbox or lobi ship not a c-store one, also it is Kelvin based.
  • Options
    Lockbox. C-Store. Honestly doesn't matter to me. And neither does the fact its Kelvin Timeline. Its a brutal ship and it is in game. More widely available than the Annorax Sci Dread too.
  • Options
    I don't know... the nose on that Raptor could be used to help design a T6 Vor'cha.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Lockbox. C-Store. Honestly doesn't matter to me. And neither does the fact its Kelvin Timeline. Its a brutal ship and it is in game. More widely available than the Annorax Sci Dread too.
    Well the point I was trying to get to in the fist place was their not being as many c-store Federation aligned dreadnought ships as there is going to be with destroyers, and Kelvin ships don't go in the c-store. ;)

Also yes I know the Chimera/Manticore is only available to LTS but it still appears in the store when you have them at least to my knowledge.
  • Options
    For all intents and purposes, the only thing that really defines a Dreadnaught is being a cruiser with a hanger slot.
  • Options
    For all intents and purposes, the only thing that really defines a Dreadnaught is being a cruiser with a hanger slot.
    There is dreadnought cruisers like the Galaxy X and the Ytijara but not all dreadnoughts are dreadnought cruisers.

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:

My Romulan will always be in a Warbird, the only real thing having access to Fed ships gives me is the Admiralty cards. And Romulans were woefully bad in Admiralty, especially with Science, compared to my Fed toons.

• Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    There is dreadnought cruisers like the Galaxy X and the Ytijara but not all dreadnoughts are dreadnought cruisers.

True... some are carriers like the Xindi-Aquatic and the Jem'hadar.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm sorry, but step between stars makes me have nightmares about that ship. Especially now with the level 65 scaling.

lol, oh boy yep. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User

Nope. Nope. Nope.

lol, oh boy yep. :(

I'll second that. Or third. It's one part of all my toon's development that I dread running. In fact, I ran it the other day to get the set for a toon, and I thought I was never like to finish that goddess awful space section. >_< They really should remove or revamp that ep someday. Preferably a revamp to use one's own ship! =P

As for my thoughts on the upcoming ships ... I tend to envision my roms and now jems as going all in on their respective ally, with the added bonus of their own ships as well. So, I'm totally cool either way.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    O

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Oh c'mon! That mission isn't THAT bloody painful. :p Well maybe a little, but still, I'd take Step over any of the old DS9/Dominon/Cardie missions any day.

Have you tried at level 65? It waspretty bad at 60 but not nearly as bad as the space walk. At level 65, with the scaling they have now...yeah...this is worse...WAY worse. Besides which, I have to do this mission 3 times per toon (as I like all my toons to have the 3 piece bonus option) AND my main did it 15 times to equip 5 different ships because I was switching a lot back than and got tired of swapping. This mission is by far my most hated one...and those ships are the bane of my existence in this game. I'm sorry for the 6 fans of these ships...but I hope to never see a T6 version of them.

Fair enough. I haven't ventured back to that mission since they raised the level so I can accept its now a nightmare. I can also appreciate the pain associated with that grind to acquire the various pieces. Did that grind for three of my alts and reluctant to grind for my others since I plan to keep them in the 'Banking and Logistics' fields they currently occupy. However, I do think there are a bit more than 6 fans of the ships but I'm not itching for T6 version. I wouldn't say no to one but am not begging for Cryptic to develop them. IMHO, the T6 multi-missions are a suitable replacement for the Dysons. Maybe not as aesthetically pleasing (Not a fan of the rings on the Rommie version) as the Dysons but performance wise, they're right up my alley. :wink:
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

This discussion has been closed.