Install Arc
Options

What Do You Think? Scylla and Charybdis

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    online#0758 online Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > Place all your feedback for the anniversary episode, Scylla and Charybdis, here!
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I commend you for using the hur'q. The only saving feature to this is the term 'hur'q' itself. The klingon term for outsider, and that applies to any non-klingon.

The insulting part. The hur'q that attacked Qo'nos, the ancient enemies, were extinct by 2473. So what we have in game is nothing more than swarmers from the gamma quadrant.

To further prove this, since it has not been mentioned in game, at all. The genetic sequences for the hur'q were known to 24th century science. None of this has popped up in scans of the "eggs". Not even when they're in the science lab of the colony.

Nice try though.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    gee, maybe that's because the eggs were DRANTZULI, not hur'q - totally separate entities​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gee, maybe that's because the eggs were DRANTZULI, not hur'q - totally separate entities​​

That's what the tzenkethi call them. The ghost of Martok called them the Hur'q when they attack DS9.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The Hur'q were extinct... AS FAR AS WE KNOW.

Maybe they WANTED everyone to think they were gone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Hur'q

By 2372, the Hur'q were extinct, and their stolen artifacts unrecovered.

Sorry, no, history has already stated.

Like I said, the saving grace of it, is the term hur'q, meaning outsider.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and what does the article on MA say about the iconians? oh wait...it says the SAME GOD DAMN THING!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    The same was thought of Dinosaurs. Then Voyager ran into the Voth, who were apparently descended from Hadrasaurs. Oh... and Amelia Earheart, long thought dead, was found in the Delta Quadrant too. So... pretty safe to say that things long thought dead may not be.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Dinosaurs, extinct? The crocodile and alligator are still two living dinosaurs. Besides, lazer-raptors, it's Godzilla, without actually being Godzilla.

As for the Iconians, I'll just quote MA here, "The Iconians were an ancient and highly advanced civilization that was presumably destroyed some 200,000 years ago by the orbital bombardment of their homeworld, Iconia."

So no, MA doesn't say the same damn thing about the Iconians, that is does about the Hur'q.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    They are BELIEVED to be extinct.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I was glad we didn't have to do some lame mini game to keep going. But i enjoyed it. I was just mad i missed out on the event to get the warp core to complete the space set. I hope they gives us something where people that missed out on the event can get the warp core.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.