test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    midgar2midgar2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Ah the Kelvin Lockbox, Like the look of it but one big issue.

It's called the KELVIN LOCKBOX......

Where is the damn KELVIN????

Of all the ships from that timeline the KELVIN was my favourite, Seems strange the lockbox was named after a ship that has not been added into the game.

SAD DAY :(
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Hey, what's the deal with the starship traits Stand-off and Highly Specialized once you've picked one? They are supposed to appear in your list, right?
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Hey, what's the deal with the starship traits Stand-off and Highly Specialized once you've picked one? They are supposed to appear in your list, right?

I think you have to go through the ship mastery, first. :P
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    If you purchased those traits from the exchange and unlocked them, all you need to do to see them in your trait list is a map change.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    bltrrn wrote: »
    I think you have to go through the ship mastery, first. :P

Which would mean you have to win/lobi one of the ships...Pretty messed up when it says you've won and acquired something, then Surprise: Nothing!
  • Options
    So, chalk it up to a very busy network: both traits finally showed
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Any one else notice the lens flare on the Kelvin Box?
  • Options
    fireswraith10fireswraith10 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ships make no sense. Kelvin Kirk's ship is there, Kelvin Kirk's ship got it's TRIBBLE handed to it by future Romulan ship, future Romulan is ship is really past Romulan ship as far as STO time is concerned. So how can they say Kelvin Kirk time ships are equivalent in power to "modern" ships like a T6 Scimitar? Makes no sense, contradicts the movies entirely.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I noticed there's a lot of T6 Konnie's dropping. Almost like hot cakes when I played last night. Seemed like every 5 minutes or so someone got a Konnie.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    ESD space was crowded with T6 Connies last night... nearly half the ships there when I was... and more than a few Vengeances too - It's really ugly up close.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I do wonder if the Kelvin lockbox and content in STO is actually a bit of soft market research. I was incredibly surprised to get a T6 Heavy Command Cruiser on my 9th attempt, having just used 956 zen of stipend to obtain 10 keys. I've currently stowed her away in my account bank as I want to create a bespoke Kelvin Universe character (implication being that the character and crew crossed into our timeline in the ship in a manner not unlike the Bozeman from "Cause and Effect".

What do I mean by "soft market research"? I mean simply that I wonder if they have added the content just to see if people have a wider appetite for it... and if it proves to be the case, perhaps releasing later Kelvin missions, content or a sandbox expansion to coincide with future movie releases.
  • Options
    jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I just love how though they released the JJ ships, they managed to dangle it over our heads like a carrot, if you spend more money than you were going to in the c-store, you might get the Connie. Good job.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Even if I'm not a big fan of the JJ verse (it's not the Kelvin Timeline it's JJ verse abomination) I love the ships and uniforms. My KDF grabbed a new uniform and so did my Temporal agent. However I was hoping that the 50th anniversary celebration would have "given" us new ships. Not TRIBBLE the economy. Most of us do not have the time or the patience to grind the hundreds of millions of EC's required to buy one of lockbox ship. I have a hard time getting past the 10 million mark. And I've been playing since Day 1... I would have bought those ships had they been in the C-Store, especially the D4. But we are forced to celebrate JJ verse-style: with money.

On a more positive note, I really like the new expansion. Great work, Cryptic.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    If the sheer number of KT Connies and Vengeance(s??) around the game are any indication at all, I'd say the Kelvin LB has been a huge success. Which is wonderful for the game. Every one of those dollars spent on keys flows into keeping this game alive, healthy, and able to give us exciting new content. I don't know if I'll ever manage to get my hands on the KT Constitution, though I certainly hope so. But I certainly benefit from a healthier game and sales metrics that keep the bean counters off the Dev's collective back. Would I have bought it from the C-Store? Hell yes. Failing that, I'll just try a few boxes now and then when I'm willing to spend a couple bucks on keys.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Ok love the Kelvin Phasers (Space and Ground) but may be if you do another lockbox with kelvin stuff in you could add the little "point defense" turrets that fire streams of blue bolts as seen on the U.S.S. Kelvin when its fighting the Narada as a cannon option?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    Ok love the Kelvin Phasers (Space and Ground) but may be if you do another lockbox with kelvin stuff in you could add the little "point defense" turrets that fire streams of blue bolts as seen on the U.S.S. Kelvin when its fighting the Narada as a cannon option?

those were photon launchers, and we already have them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

those were photon launchers, and we already have them​​

Umm these dont look like torp launchers to me...

https://youtu.be/jhmwFt2MDv4?t=152

go to 2:30
  • Options
    well, they are​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    To be honest they look more like plasma cannons than torpedo launchers (like what the NX-01 had early in it's service), and they could be more of a supplementary armament to the point-defence phaser banks that we see firing. Not to mention, a ship with the configuration of the Kelvin would probably fire any torpedoes from the secondary hull or "neck" (the launchers would also be fixed, like on the KT Connie, the TOS Connie, the Galaxy..pretty much every ship we've seen in canon).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    except the script calls them photon torpedo launchers, so to cryptic, that's what they are​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Not everybody who's seen the film will have read the script though. AFAICare, they don't look anything like the torpedo launcher that we're used to - thus, they're plasma cannons in my headcanon.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Well they are in Sea Sparrow type launchers and several other sources list them as such. I wonder how big the torp is compared to what was on the NXs?
  • Options
    Well they are in Sea Sparrow type launchers and several other sources list them as such. I wonder how big the torp is compared to what was on the NXs?

Ahh after I googling Sea Sparrow launcher I get that they could be torpedos now :* ...

... So U.S.S. Kelvin will have a KT torpedo and phaser point defense console then? ;)
  • Options
    Maybe rapid-fire missile launchers..that much makes sense, considering the evolved Sea-Sparrow is a thing.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The Sparrow's not a bad system(lots of history), I think I'd take the RAM over it. My favorite is the 5in(and 155mm) guided shells. Those are Really Cool to watch. Maybe the Kelvin's still in development becauce of the launchers. Of course, my Venggy doesn't show it's torp rails, so shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Bajorans are nothing but greedy, they are the ones who truly run the boxes
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jilad1jilad1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Normally I'd say something like, "I can't believe they put these ships in a lock box." But then I remember who I'm dealing with.
  • Options
    sarodoresarodore Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2016
    > @ak255 said:
    > Well, they did it. The developers have finally managed to find some BS way to include the JJ Trek Universe into this game. I knew it was only a matter of time before they did. And they're lockbox ships.

I agree, Cryptic has failed to do its duty on this one, and unfortunately this is another case of Greed and pay to win. As a normal player I will NOT be going for any of these ships and SHUN the developers for this, these ships have been made into an exclusive for anyone who has the money to spend, i am with the up-most certainty that 90% of the players Do not have access to this ship without 4-5 days of grinding to get dilithium, change it to Zen and then buy 1 key with about a 1.5 % chance of getting the ship. As for the Vengeance it is strictly an exclusive for those who have opened roughly $60 of keys and crates -yes i did the math- as the community we should not accept this exclusive grouping of players whom will get these ships and we should reject all association and attempts to get us these ships that can not be done by All with an equal fairness to all who joined in the beginning, the end , or the present.