test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Well I gotta say I love this lockbox especially since its got the one kind of ship from these new movies that I loved is that bird of prey I am just hoping it comes with different saucer options.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    JJ-Verse is not my cup of tea, but if it brings in money and more players, then I guess "That's a good thing." Marth Stewart™
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

Can not begin to put into words my disappointment level right now. Even if its not technically the TOS Connie, its still a T6 Constitution. Its a variation of the ship that for 6 years players have been asking for, and for 6 years Cryptic has said " NO"
    Its the ship that MANY MANY longtime players would have jumped at the chance to spend $$ on if it ended up in the C-store. SOOOOO many things could have been done with this one ship that would have gotten Cryptic the result they are looking for. Of course I have NO IDEA how much $ lockboxes actually bring in, nor will I pretend to guess. All I have say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Cryptic. The ship itself looks great, but I have WAY to many characters, and have already spent WAY to much real $$ on this game to " try my luck" at getting this ship. I have 60 keys, once those are gone that's it. Good luck to everyone who's going to try getting this ship, I look forward to seeing them in-game, just wish I was flying one B):(
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    GLEEEE!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »
    Lockbox ships are like 100-200m ec its not expensive guys get a grip.

Ah, but these will be. Believe me.

Capstol is right these perticular ships are gonna be in the upper stratosphere of the price range, may not even hit the exchange but be done via trade channel.

Thats why im so livid about this, becuase this whol AoY experiance is nothing more then a blatent cash grab, and for m it puts such a bad taste in my mouth for ANYTHING trek related.

sad because i grew up on trek :(

Exchange is capped at, what, 750 Million? I'm betting a billion over Zone chat.

thats what im thinking aswell, these ships are going to be out of the price range of all but the most elite players.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Capstol is right these perticular ships are gonna be in the upper stratosphere of the price range, may not even hit the exchange but be done via trade channel.

Thats why im so livid about this, becuase this whol AoY experiance is nothing more then a blatent cash grab, and for m it puts such a bad taste in my mouth for ANYTHING trek related.

thats what im thinking aswell, these ships are going to be out of the price range of all but the most elite players.

Yeah... not so much. These aren't R&D Chancebox ships. The popularity of the Kelvin lockbox means that the market will be saturated with the various starships (with an obvious slant towards the T6 Connie, and the Vengeance, which will be even more common due to the inherent fact it's available for Lobi currency rather than a luck-based factor). Although the Vengeance will eventually become more expensive because Lobi is easier to apply a fixed EC price to, despite its relative commonality.

The popularity of the ships work both ways. It works for the sellers just as much as it works for the buyers.

We're going to see the same ebb/flow cycle with initial prices being ludicrous, then swiftly crashing as the impatient people burn through their real life money as well as their space money, and sellers then begin undercutting one another to offload their merchandise as quickly as possible.

If anything, this lockbox will probably have some of the cheapest stuff on the exchange (you heard that right) because of the sheer amount of people opening the boxes and the overall enthusiasm for the kelvin timeline in general.

Additional product on the exchange (moreso than usual) means more undercutting, meaning cheaper prices.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This has been the funniest one yet. The glorious rage and disappointment of the players. Cause their ship is in the lock box.

Examination of the time-lost salvage taken from the Kelvin Timeline reveals that the Federation of that reality had a decidedly higher emphasis on military technologies, likely as a direct result of their overwhelming defeat at the hands of the alien vessel that invaded their space in the 23rd Century. The same has shown to be true of the Klingon and Romulan ships of that time. This emphasis on cutting-edge technology allows their starships and equipment to be comparable with our own in the early 25th Century, despite technically being hundreds of years old. A small group of industrious scientists have taken it upon themselves to replicate these designs, and distribute them throughout the modern era. - This is funny stuff as well. Knowing good an well this old stuff can't even hold a candle to an Ambassador Class. They still use pee shooters while the Ambassador using arrays. Even the Vengeance is no match. Specially since they lack power in their breweries and can't figure out parking brakes. Not to mention using flunkies and criminals out of some flunk school or the prison to man them. That is why their ship is always in dry dock getting repairs. Thanks for the laugh.

For the rest of the box. I may go after one of the ground weapons. I can use it on my AOY captain. Mostly as a trophy to show how easily they was dealt with. Nothing like having trophies of your latest victory. I will be saving EC on this one as well, since there isn't much I see worth getting. Best one yet for me was the Herald. Hope a new box in the future will top that one.

And for the ones saying this is our T6 Connie and no more asking for it. This is not a Connie. So I will keep on asking.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

Yeah... not so much. These aren't R&D Chancebox ships. The popularity of the Kelvin lockbox means that the market will be saturated with the various starships (with an obvious slant towards the T6 Connie, and the Vengeance, which will be even more common due to the inherent fact it's available for Lobi currency rather than a luck-based factor). Although the Vengeance will eventually become more expensive because Lobi is easier to apply a fixed EC price to, despite its relative commonality.

The popularity of the ships work both ways. It works for the sellers just as much as it works for the buyers.

We're going to see the same ebb/flow cycle with initial prices being ludicrous, then swiftly crashing as the impatient people burn through their real life money as well as their space money, and sellers then begin undercutting one another to offload their merchandise as quickly as possible.

If anything, this lockbox will probably have some of the cheapest stuff on the exchange (you heard that right) because of the sheer amount of people opening the boxes and the overall enthusiasm for the kelvin timeline in general.

Additional product on the exchange (moreso than usual) means more undercutting, meaning cheaper prices.​​

That's a good point, Iconians. We'll have to see what happens.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

Nice point iconian well said, didnt think of it that way
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    This has been the funniest one yet. The glorious rage and disappointment of the players. Cause their ship is in the lock box.
    (snip)

And for the ones saying this is our T6 Connie and no more asking for it. This is not a Connie. So I will keep on asking.

But it is a T6 Connie the blog even says so.

nero%20fiddles_zpsl8mklnte.jpg

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong. On day one it's going to be an absolute madhouse. But eventually the sellers and buyers will get into a staring contest and eventually the sellers will be the ones to blink first and start lowering the prices.

Because there are going to be a whole lot of prospective gamblers who are going to get the same idea "Oh wow the T6 Connie/D4/T'Laru are going to be soooo in demand I'm going to make HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of EC off of them if I win them". Get 20-30 of those people in the same market, and the butchery begins as they become impatient for their payday.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I don't care what hollywood, or JJ Fans say, or whoever. It will never be the Connie.

• Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

This isn't a charity. This is literally business as usual.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Excellent news! I hoped that these ships would be lock box/lobi. Justice has been served.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

I don't care what hollywood, or JJ Fans say, or whoever. It will never be the Connie.

That's the spirit! Don't let the real canon get in the way or your canon!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Perhaps Kelvin Lockbox II will have the other stuffs that I expected.

Still, a very nice selection.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »

It follows the same logic as everyone's beloved Galaxy X class dreadnought. Alternate timeline universe, different ship design favoring military design. To love one and deny the other is illogical.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2016
    teknesia wrote: »

It follows the same logic as everyone's beloved Galaxy X class dreadnought. Alternate timeline universe, different ship design favoring military design. To love one and deny the other is illogical.

Difference here, is the Galaxy X showed up in part of 1 episode. Where for the JJ, they made a series based off it. And in the process they made a mockery of what Star Trek is. As they made more of a comedy movie series. Thus why I call it Spoof Trek.

It may be illogical to you or others that think like you. However for the others who hate JJ Spoof Trek, well its logical. So your point is rather moot.

Bottom line, just like I said about the Spoof Connie, JJ Spoof Trek will never be Star Trek. And I don't care who says otherwise.

• Options
    oz4Ht7k.png​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    oz4Ht7k.png​​
    LOL. Ah,the Onion!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    "Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded."

They didn't stick it in the Lobi Store. That's the Vengeance. The T6 Connie is in a lockbox. :)

Thanks for the correction, I was merely quoting an earlier poster though.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Well if you want it on day 1 you pay day 1 prices, otherwise, as with every other lockbox in history, its a 'wait your turn' thing.

This is pearls of wisdom right here
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Yeah... I'll be opening some boxes (saved a few months' stipend for the quarterly key sale and bought some more 'cause they did a Zen sale at the same time and I'm excited). I pull a Connie with the 20 keys I have? Lovely! I don't? Too bad; I'll try again once it's in the infinity box.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    "Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded."

They didn't stick it in the Lobi Store. That's the Vengeance. The T6 Connie is in a lockbox. :)

As the guy who quoted me previously understood, I was lumping Lobi and Lockbox in all together as they're part of the same system. My apologies for being unclear.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get this goddamn smiley drop down list to go away....and die a horrible death?

Get folks to stop using the old smileys and use the double-colon format that pops up. It's a result of Vanilla getting confused by a space followed by a colon anywhere in a post. That bit does include one quoted by the post you're quoting, etc.

Thank you I didn't realize it would recognize it like that, but twere it that simple. It's worse than you said. The smiley list at the top actually triggers it too.
    I waded through the posts to here and got my only question about the jj-connie answered and that was 'can I get it to look better by making it look like TMP version' - nope.

So only question left, those new tattoos on the romulan faces in the blog, are we getting those too or just a coat, shirt and trousers?

Oops, nearly forgot, the helmet looking thing in the klingon pictures, that is included too right? (in case someone is interested).

The weird thing on that is that the tattoos already exist in game. I suppose those are unique or higher fidelity, but My Romulan started out with one of those tattoos during the entire Romulan arc, only wiping it away after Vengeance.
    dognip5 wrote: »
    Long time lurker. Not gonna lie I love all Star Trek, and was really excited for the news about the Kelvin Lock box. But now I'm extremely sad that my main Romulan (Federation aligned) can not get the Vegeance Dreadnaught. Guess I'll have to pour my resources into a new TOS character and make that my main.

Now that I think about it that wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances due to the player mandated prohibition on Romulans flying their faction's top tier ships.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    As for the Kelvin!Starfleet rifles: I approve of the look; am curious as to why they don't come in the other variants as well (HDR, burst, PWA). Shame there isn't an image of their Kelvin!KDF counterparts for reference's sake.

They look like they're rifles from the last film: Phaser Rifle.

I wonder if we'll eventually get the newer rifles; the Type-1B phaser pistol; and the other unknown type phaser pistol: Phaser rifles. Type-1B pistol. Unknown phaser pistol type image 1 & image 2.
    Hrm. I dunno. While I like the visual enough, the very notion of having to physically reconfigure a phaser to switch from wide beam to focused is just silly to me.

It doesn't sound that ridiculous at first, but if you think about it considering the precision, it really should be automatic.

That said in the Abrams Star Trek films, you flip the phaser from stun to kill by literally spinning the emitter segment of the barrel around 180 degrees. Which by any logic seems absolutely ludicrous.

I honestly hope your wisdom holds up on this one Iconians. I'm honestly not too interested in those ships, but the kit gear and costumes are definitely on my radar. If they go for cheap I'll consider it a miracle.
    Don't get me wrong. On day one it's going to be an absolute madhouse. But eventually the sellers and buyers will get into a staring contest and eventually the sellers will be the ones to blink first and start lowering the prices.

Because there are going to be a whole lot of prospective gamblers who are going to get the same idea "Oh wow the T6 Connie/D4/T'Laru are going to be soooo in demand I'm going to make HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of EC off of them if I win them". Get 20-30 of those people in the same market, and the butchery begins as they become impatient for their payday.​​

It sounds logical.

Lockboxes of extreme demand should burn out that demand faster while producing more product. So every other Lockbox with this level of demand would see a substantial value drop off in a reasonable time frame, rather than staying expensive.

In the words of Spock, "All things being equal Mr. Scott, I would agree, however...things are not equal. This one can."

Just love that line, hope you're right.
    oz4Ht7k.png​​

:D:

The Irony and the joke of course being that the original Star Trek was in fact fun and light-hearted at times. Not that that was the problem with the movies.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Also, I would wager money if I was a gamblin' girl that T6 Connie is coming soon. After all, look at Delta Rising - lots of talk about Voyager, bringing in Voyager cast, expansion themed around Voyager show, no Intrepid in the pack.

Intrepid a few weeks later as a standalone.

I'd be surprised if that didn't happen here. They'll CStore the Connie a few weeks after Agents of Yesterday hits.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I honestly hope your wisdom holds up on this one Iconians. I'm honestly not too interested in those ships, but the kit gear and costumes are definitely on my radar. If they go for cheap I'll consider it a miracle.

Because there are going to be a whole lot of prospective gamblers who are going to get the same idea "Oh wow the T6 Connie/D4/T'Laru are going to be soooo in demand I'm going to make HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of EC off of them if I win them". Get 20-30 of those people in the same market, and the butchery begins as they become impatient for their payday.

It sounds logical.

Lockboxes of extreme demand should burn out that demand faster while producing more product. So every other Lockbox with this level of demand would see a substantial value drop off in a reasonable time frame, rather than staying expensive.

The costumes will likely remain at a stable price, as will the Vengeance (and Vengeance 'pack' for KDF/Romulan). But stable doesn't necessarily mean cheap, because it's easier to draw up an EC-Lobi conversion rate, although supply/demand does play a more signifigant role.

200 Lobi costs as much as the cheapest 200 Lobi item on the exchange. If that's a Kelvin timeline costume for Fed/KDF/Romulan or a Vaadwaur Officer's costume pack, it would have an equivelant value. More Kelvin timeline costumes = cheaper prices, compared to 1 or 2 Vaadwaur Officer costumes on the exchange where the seller largely determines the price and isn't as compelled to blink first. Again, "as compelled", because I can still post the only Kelvin timeline Romulan costume pack on the exchange for 500 million EC for weeks at a time, and even then nobody would buy it.

So, then the only deciding factor is how many people think they can get more EC for a 200 Lobi costume. It again goes back to undercutting. If the exchange has a lot of Lobi-purchased Kelvin costumes (particularly for a certain faction, Romulan and KDF gets more expensive because of less players or less players willing to spend Lobi on non-Federation costume packs).

And, of course, items where Lobi might be considered better spent (such as purchasing a T6 Lobi store ship instead of purchasing several costume packs). It's all pretty convoluted, but because Lobi is fungible, it becomes more stable.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Also, I would wager money if I was a gamblin' girl that T6 Connie is coming soon. After all, look at Delta Rising - lots of talk about Voyager, bringing in Voyager cast, expansion themed around Voyager show, no Intrepid in the pack.

Intrepid a few weeks later as a standalone.

I'd be surprised if that didn't happen here. They'll CStore the Connie a few weeks after Agents of Yesterday hits.

Sorry to say that Gecko pretty much said 'No' to that on Tribbles in Ecstacy today, again, he also denied any T6 version of the Excalibur or any of the other 'Future Connie' variants.