What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    darkoverlordwolfdarkoverlordwolf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Looking at the Vengeance class, I still can't shake the feeling I had since I first saw it in "Into Darkness", as in I recall seeing it on a star trek starfleet command mod website around 2006. Kelvin Klingons look kinda hirogen-y. ah well, if it makes people happy and attracts them to the game, more power to them.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Sooooo... ship stats on Tuesday?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The ability to purchase and fly the Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] will be restricted only to Federation characters. However, Klingon and Romulan captains will instead be offered the ability to purchase a Kelvin Dreadnought Package from the Lobi Store which includes both the Console and the Starship Trait unlock for a lower price than that of the full starship.

Not sure how I feel on this one. On one hand the wimping out on giving Klingons and Romulans a ship is sad, on the other hand selling traits directly my be a solution to part of the faction power disparity. A lack of prices in the blog, it will be interesting to see how much of the ship/console/trait package price is the ship itself! :p

I still think that putting something with each lockbox introduction for sale via Dil would help moderate the market a bit.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »
    Coming soon. Kelvin Lockbox II Lockboxes Beyond! Containing the USS Franklin, the Krall Swarm Ships, the new JJ-prise, female uniforms with /sleeves/. And those awesome jackets from Beyond.

I would expect the lockbox be called the Beyond Lockbox actually
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    coffeemike wrote: »
    captsol wrote: »
    Coming soon. Kelvin Lockbox II Lockboxes Beyond! Containing the USS Franklin, the Krall Swarm Ships, the new JJ-prise, female uniforms with /sleeves/. And those awesome jackets from Beyond.

I would expect the lockbox be called the Beyond Lockbox actually

If they did that, they would end up going to Infinity and Beyond Lock Boxes... I kinda want to see it happen...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    The Kelvin Box isn't going to work like the Infinity Prize Box.
    Which ever Toon opens the KT Box will determine the Faction of the T-6 Ship.

When Cryptic actually adds the KT lockbox prizes to the Infinity Lockbox, some time in the future, then you might be able to pick a particular ship.
    B)

There were boxes in the past that had different contents based on the faction of the opening toon, like those cross-faction concole boxes. So, that's why I ask, I wasn't even thinking about that Infinity box.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    So, do we get the new Klingon foreheads?

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Well that settles it I knew it was only a matter of time before the jj rubbish was added to the game when they announced the Kelvin timeline. and I think it is now time to leave this game as I have nothing to do with the universe and would rather now see the craprise or the vengance in the game and as for the other ships there so ugly. I think that this game has run its c0ourse for me and i have logged on only once in 3 months and quite frankly it has only been for a couple of minutes. I may come back in the future if something really good but as for the new expansion I won't be here for it my hard drive will be used for something that doesn't support JJtrek. I'll get my trek fix watching the series on netflix and playing star trek timelines
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I kind of surfed through the last several pages, but didn't see an answer to a question I had:

In the blog post, they stated that the [T6] Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser can only be purchased by Federation characters, but Klingon and Romulan characters can purchase the console/trait of this ship at a reduced amount. I don't have a huge interest in the cruiser itself except for the console/trait, and I play a Fed character. Can my Fed character--like the Klingon and Romulan players--also buy just the Kelvin Dreadnought Package (console/trait) without having to buy the ship?
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

And the tractor beam... and medical crew.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    But is the Bacon Replicator installed on Tuesday?
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    drazzii wrote: »
    Can my Fed character--like the Klingon and Romulan players--also buy just the Kelvin Dreadnought Package (console/trait) without having to buy the ship?

Ah, the salty tears of a Fed unable to get something Klingon. How I have missed these.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I wonder why there has been little compassion shown to the Klingon players here, oh right I remember now.

Nice ships can't wait.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

Wins the thread?

Wins the thread.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    personally i hate the new jj universe, but i really want a lockbox ship with federation design so im cool with the new sparkly box.
    the only problem i have is that those are freaking old technologies from kirk's time... how the hack is this edge technology when is 200ish years old?
    this the best exemple of potato logic
    dc66a82433b5fa18febe83bccdaa3ffc.jpg
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    akpa wrote: »
    the only problem i have is that those are freaking old technologies from kirk's time... how the hack is this edge technology when is 200ish years old?

I'd +1 / like / upvote this if I could :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The thing I was just thinking about that bothers me is that in order for my federation characters to get the trait and console from the Intel dreadnaught I have to spend the larger amount amount of lobi and also master the ship up. For my Klingons I just have to spend the lower amount of lobi and have them instantly. The trait and console pack should be available for everyone.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Man, just about everyone is going ballistic over the Abrams-Verse Constitution-class. Guys, I think you all need to consider how close Cryptic is going to the *official* movie scale of this ship. Because, if they're sticking close, then this ship will be more like a Galaxy-class in size than the Connie we know and love. Also, it's classified as a Heavy Command Cruiser. I don't know about you, but that sounds much bigger than the in-game Constitution-class' Cruiser.

Yep. Dev posted a comparison on Twitter between the ToS and JJ connies. JJ connie looks about 3 times bigger. :|

Edit: I took a screenshot Untitled_zpspgexywj0.jpg~original

In the Kelvin timeline, they seem to have a need for overcompensating.

Does this mean the JJ Bird of Prey is as big as a Negh'var?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Man, just about everyone is going ballistic over the Abrams-Verse Constitution-class. Guys, I think you all need to consider how close Cryptic is going to the *official* movie scale of this ship. Because, if they're sticking close, then this ship will be more like a Galaxy-class in size than the Connie we know and love. Also, it's classified as a Heavy Command Cruiser. I don't know about you, but that sounds much bigger than the in-game Constitution-class' Cruiser.

Yep. Dev posted a comparison on Twitter between the ToS and JJ connies. JJ connie looks about 3 times bigger. :|

There is one out there already, well close to it. The K'Vort. However they refuse to bring it to the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    That's a beautiful shot.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, do we get the new Klingon foreheads?

:)
    CM

Imagine if they sold the forehead jewelry separately! >:)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    goodscotch wrote: »

There is one out there already, well close to it. The K'Vort. However they refuse to bring it to the game.
    Of course they do, because it's quite possibly the lamest ship you could make for the Klingons.

Here, look, we give you a new ship! It looks exactly like the one you already had, but a bit blown up in size.

The K'Vort is best forgotten about. Kinda like the uglier Fed kitbashes that we avoided getting so far, too.

[/unpopular opinion]
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Here, look, we give you a new ship! It looks exactly like the one you already had, but a bit blown up in size.

The K'Vort is best forgotten about. Kinda like the uglier Fed kitbashes that we avoided getting so far, too.

[/unpopular opinion]

That is why I call my BOP the K'Vort. So it won't be forgotten. It wouldn't have to look like the small one. They could make some changes. As for the other ships. The New Orleans is one of my favorites. That is one good looking ship!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2016

i think the iconian war started on a Tuesday too :P cant wait to play with a Vengeance.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User

In the Kelvin timeline, they seem to have a need for overcompensating.[/quote]

Does this mean the JJ Bird of Prey is as big as a Negh'var?[/quote]
    no its tiny like a b'rel
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    I could fill a whole website with my hatred for the Abramsverse AND another one with the audacity to give us that fake-TRIBBLE giant abomination instead of the real Constitution. But I will just breathe deeply, hope for a decent-looking disruptor compression pistol and wonder whatever gave you the idea to make a set out of consoles from three different factions that then BOOST F****** PHASERS AND PHOTON TORPEDOES???? No, breathe deeply. I'm not even interested in any of those ships. But the design decision is just sooo dumb. For Gre'thor's sake let it boost Phasers + Disruptors and Photon + Plasma Torpedoes.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    This lockbox is the single greatest thing to happen to STO. The nerd rage is just oh so satisfying.
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    ok don't know if this has been asked but will we be able to buy the JJ Verse Fed Bridges as i dont wanna be flying around in one of the Kelvin Timeline ships and be stuck using the Prime Timeline Bridges
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    ok don't know if this has been asked but will we be able to buy the JJ Verse Fed Bridges as i dont wanna be flying around in one of the Kelvin Timeline ships and be stuck using the Prime Timeline Bridges

The KT-ships will come with faction-appropriate bridges i.e. the KTstution will get the bridge seen in the movies, the Vengeance will get the Vengeance bridge. The D-4x and T'Laru will both come with Abramsverse-inspired bridges for the appropriate faction.
    MXeSfqV.jpg