test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: 5.5.16 could mean we get Temporal agents or Constitution Class!

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Sometimes...,
    One shouldn't look beyond the telling of the tale into the nitty-gritty details.

"...the play's the thing..."

B)

I'm not diminishing Sulu's ancestor's deed here, still impressive. I just want to point out what miserable villians the Na'kul make pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    Sometimes...,
    One shouldn't look beyond the telling of the tale into the nitty-gritty details.

"...the play's the thing..."

B)

I'm not diminishing Sulu's ancestor's deed here, still impressive. I just want to point out what miserable villians the Na'kul make pig-2.gif

then the imperials must make even more miserable ones, because twice now elite stormtrooper groups have vastly underestimated primitives and paid dearly for it - and one of those groups was supposedly vader's fist​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Wasnt there a recent japanese cartoon about ancient samurai-mecha or something?
    Only heard about it.. Not sure of the details
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    As I posted in the discussion thread for the story:
    tymersto wrote: »
    :::sigh...:::

I'll stick to watching Kuromukuro for Samurai vs. aliens (in mechs) instead.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    Based on clues in the story post itself and the trailer showing the Enterprise, it's entirely possible that we team up with Hikaru Sulu and the Enterprise, go back in time to 17th Century Japan, and fight the Nakuhl ship.
    y1arXbh.png

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    sle1989 wrote: »
    Based on clues in the story post itself and the trailer showing the Enterprise, it's entirely possible that we team up with Hikaru Sulu and the Enterprise, go back in time to 17th Century Japan, and fight the Nakuhl ship.

Īe, kekkōdesu

Ok get the straight jacket, val is talking in native na'kuhl now lol jk
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    It very well could be a temporal agent recruitment announcement. Given the current news blackout (not counting the story blogs as news), I doubt it would actually be the event itself. After all, they want to advertise it to get new/returning players.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Who knows, free pastak for all!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,501 Community Moderator
    talonxv wrote: »

Um... you mean a T5 lockbox Wells class or an already available via mission reward Admiralty Card?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    talonxv wrote: »

Um... you mean a T5 lockbox Wells class or an already available via mission reward Admiralty Card?

Clearly, it will be a noncombat pet.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    A new mission in medevial Japan of course. I bet you didn't see that on coming. :D

c065c9a33ae0f9560d51c870f7390cc41462269446.png

Stahl und Rivera (Rivera is that ugly one) :D
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Takei voicing?? Oh my.....
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    ..and suddenly I have this vision of an Excelsior Bridge pack.. *^^*
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    who ever made that teaser trailer for the 5.5.16 is a master of suspense :-o
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    5/5/2016 is the day that all of the 5/5 Threads in the Forums collapse into a Singularity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Why are we celebrating CINCO de MAYO? Its a drinking date NOT a STO day...

latest?cb=20140421195157​​

No, no. It's like this.
    deja_q_hd_410.jpg
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,677 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »

No, no. It's like this.
    deja_q_hd_410.jpg

if they tried to make that episode today the liberals would scream till their heads exploded
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

No, no. It's like this.
    deja_q_hd_410.jpg

if they tried to make that episode today the liberals would scream till their heads exploded

What makes you think some of them didn't back then?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Well, only one more day...

I'm thinking everyone will receive an animated GIF of a steaming pile of TRIBBLE in their e-mail... That's worth a good laugh.

*** EDIT ***

LoL, the word T.U.R.D. is censored...
    Post edited by jaguarskx on
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Guarantee if you are getting a Connie it's gonna be a free zen Connie not a T6 connie!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    They can't announce it on the same day, that's just...mean.
    I am tapping my foot and waiting for an announcement in a few hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAE56npKj4
    21ajpqt.png
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    pulse you and i are waiting for the same thing i wished they coulda unveiled something yesterday but alas
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »
    pulse you and i are waiting for the same thing i wished they coulda unveiled something yesterday but alas

It must be today, They can't come and say tomorrow "Here is the patch notes.. oh wait there is more".
    I
    21ajpqt.png
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    They can... xD
    6tviTDx.png

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

No, no. It's like this.
    deja_q_hd_410.jpg

Not all of us would, infact I'd say most of us could still appreciate all of Q's hijinx :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And did.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    What if the na'kuhl are going back to all the liniages of important people and captains associated with all the Enterprises?
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    So, my calendar says that its the 5th of May...
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    So, my calendar says that its the 5th of May...
    The time of your post is 10:02pm pacific time. Clocks at Cryptic Studios exist in the pacific time zone. Also, traditional announcements from Cryptic generally become public as early as 10am and as late as 12 noon on that business day. So at least another 12 hours away to learn anything.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    According to the patch notes, nothing happens. Not even a new episode.

My guess would be that the trailer originally was intended to show the launch of 11.5, but as they got ready for that earlier, they moved it to the earlier date without adjusting the trailer.

No. There definitely will be a big announcement today.. you'll see :)
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED