test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: 5.5.16 could mean we get Temporal agents or Constitution Class!

Hello, How's it going?

Hopefully Cryptic gives out fancy giveways for Star Trek's anniversary. Most likely it is logical if they are going to give free items or bring out a patch that includes a new (secret) starship.

I am crossing my fingers on this, and hopefully Cryptic's temporal trailer isn't just for show... especially the end of the cutscene.

Comments

• comradebliv#3047 comradebliv Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Oh and Captain walker still is looking for Temporal Recruits.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Still betting it's a TOS themed episode.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    26763785056_1c972eb955_b.jpg

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The next "free" & "secret" ship is gonna be the ship from the 2016 summer event which probably starts in early june like every year. And that's defenitly not directly related to Walker's temporal shenanigans, 50th anniversary or some vaguely hinted recruitment event.
    Also, the anniversary is actually in september so that's still a couple months off for "anniversary giveaways".
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    I'm calling it out Temporal Agent Recruit Event -similar to the Delta Recruit event- I know it I just do...

:crosses fingers:
    6tviTDx.png

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm calling it out Temporal Agent Recruit Event -similar to the Delta Recruit event- I know it I just do...

Just a wild guess I assume... pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    If it was a recuitment event wouldent they announce it b4 thursday? So either its an announcement for Expansion 3 / temprol recuit event or A huge c-store Release
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    Not exactly wild... at the end of Destiny Bridge part of FE, capt. Walker says, that they will need to recruit more Temporal Agents - so it looks like Devs at least did think about it...
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User

Some motivation (rewards for achievement) to create a new character would be nice f.e. dilithium fleet vouchers.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It can't be the temporal recruit. The calendar has just been updated with a galactic restoration for the next 2 weeks - taking us to Crystalline - taking us to Risa. Therefore it is also not a new episode.

So it could be either an announcement of the expansion. Or a very big new ship. So either the T6 Connie is coming or we hear about the expansion with TOS content.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    It can't be the temporal recruit. The calendar has just been updated with a galactic restoration for the next 2 weeks - taking us to Crystalline - taking us to Risa. Therefore it is also not a new episode.

So it could be either an announcement of the expansion. Or a very big new ship. So either the T6 Connie is coming or we hear about the expansion with TOS content.

From your lips to the internetz gods ears...

I'd be ecstatic if it really was a Classic Trek Expansion.

giphy.gif
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    T6 Constitution and D7/K'tinga.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    A new mission in medevial Japan of course. I bet you didn't see that on coming. :D

c065c9a33ae0f9560d51c870f7390cc41462269446.png
    I'm ready...

c36696077f9cdeff46b6adee390e959d.jpg
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Katana mission reward melee weapon?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    A new mission in medevial Japan of course. I bet you didn't see that on coming. :D

I hope this is a joke, because if this is the direction STO is taking, im uninstalling and abandoning the game.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User

I hope this is a joke, because if this is the direction STO is taking, im uninstalling and abandoning the game.

Me too!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

edited May 2016

If I had a banana for every time somebody has posted that in these forums...

089788938a23063a695bce09619598c9.jpg

It's real, but it's just a story segment (it's available on the German blog already). No hint that it's actually a playable mission.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Ich leiber mein katana?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It's obviously a blog story about how a Na'kuhl tried (and failed, again) to assassinate an important medieval Japan figure, like the Hadrian one.

Ah, there is a French version, I'll tell what it is about.

OK, got it, a Na'kuhl tried (and failed) to kill a ancestor of Sulu who thought it was an Oni, and Walker is wondering why these idiots aren't using their ships to be efficient in their attempts to change the timeline.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,271 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hello, How's it going?

Why are we celebrating CINCO de MAYO? Its a drinking date NOT a STO day...tiger-26.gif

latest?cb=20140421195157​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    Ich leiber mein katana?

Potzblitz! Mein Katanalangschwert kürzt Wachstuchtischdecken ruck-zuck im Handumdrehen! pig-40.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Ich leiber mein katana?

Potzblitz! Mein Katanalangschwert kürzt Wachstuchtischdecken ruck-zuck im Handumdrehen! pig-40.gif​​

Wir werden in dieser Richtung ernst wird?
    Ich denke, wir brauchen die sehr alte Elemente wie lesbar zu halten, wie zu spielbaren Gegensatz, da sie benötigen würden ansonsten Dutzende von neuen Sets und Animationen zu machen. Aber es würde Spaß machen, ein Klingone mit einem Bat'leth vorzustellen kämpfen Masamune.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Actually... the Nausicaan Tegolar animations are nearly the same as Katana animations. All they'd have to do is make a new look for the weapon itself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It's obviously a blog story about how a Na'kuhl tried (and failed, again) to assassinate an important medieval Japan figure, like the Hadrian one.

Ah, there is a French version, I'll tell what it is about.

OK, got it, a Na'kuhl tried (and failed) to kill a ancestor of Sulu who thought it was an Oni, and Walker is wondering why these idiots aren't using their ships to be efficient in their attempts to change the timeline.
    Wow - the Na'Khul really ARE fail. Time travel, Starships, advanced plasma based firearms...... and they get defeated by historic figures with swords.

too be fair getting stabbed tends to ruin your day. and fancy high tech guns still only matter if you can hit what your shoooting at.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    Three against one could be a problem also.
    B)
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)

He lost despite having a phase shifting shield and a plasma gun. The amount of fail is strong with this one. He wouldn't even have to reveal himself in the first place, just attack from the temporal shift.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    boring comment
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
    angrytarg wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    B)

He lost despite having a phase shifting shield and a plasma gun. The amount of fail is strong with this one. He wouldn't even have to reveal himself in the first place, just attack from the temporal shift.​​

Sometimes...,
    One shouldn't look beyond the telling of the tale into the nitty-gritty details.

"...the play's the thing..."

B)