test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: 5.5.16 could mean we get Temporal agents or Constitution Class!

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Wow. This would be an awesome package if the whole game would be in a TOS setting. Unfortunately I find using TOS ships in 25th century content silly, but again, this is a very nice pack. 124 bucks is insane, of course, so no chance of ever getting this if there isn't some sort of giveaway prize at one point, but the ships look really nice.

But it's also typical that it's fed only.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited May 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »

Wow. This would be an awesome package if the whole game would be in a TOS setting. Unfortunately I find using TOS ships in 25th century content silly, but again, this is a very nice pack. 124 bucks is insane, of course, so no chance of ever getting this if there isn't some sort of giveaway prize at one point, but the ships look really nice.

Wouldn't be so sure if those are actually (regular) FED-Ships ... or if this is just for a new faction called "TOS-Temporal-Whatever" (similar to Romulans) ... at least that what it sounds like to me ...
    This costume unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account.​​

Since there seems to be a distinction between "TOS" and "FEDs"
  • timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Some of those ships look cool, might be persuaded to purchase one or two of them depending in stats and traits ect
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    "This cosume unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account."

TOS is a faction? Maybe this is linked the possible new recruitment event? Can we start characters in the 23rd century now????
    edited May 2016
    "This cosume unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account."

TOS is a faction? Maybe this is linked the possible new recruitment event? Can we start characters in the 23rd century now????

My guess is that the rumored "Recruitment Event" is actually Expansion 3 (maybe some weird mix between "LoR" & "Delta Recruits") ... but we'll probably know soon anyway ...
    reyan01 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »

Wouldn't be so sure if those are actually (regular) FED-Ships ... or if this is just for a new faction called "TOS-Temporal-Whatever" (similar to Romulans) ... at least that what it sounds like to me ...
    This costume unlocks for all TOS and Federation characters on an account.​​

Since there seems to be a distinction between "TOS" and "FEDs"

Indeed - the 'temporal' theme could well make them faction-less. Although, IF this is the case, it'll be interesting to see how they explain a Romulan or KDF officer flying around in a Constitution class ;)

Well ... just noticed that Tellarites look kinda different ... with actual Pig-Noses ... maybe Temporal-TOS-Whateffs are restricted to certain species just like Romulans ...
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276

Wow, I actually like that. Shame there doesn't seem anything for kdf & rr in it but I think I might save my zen for this.
    I speculate that TOS characters will be something like Delta recruits. Having them a subfaction really makes little sense. Yes, temporal agents and all that, but having a TOS faction fight alongside/against all the TNG enemies is just silly. It's like Star Trek Timelines - I'd rather have a TOS sector space map, even if it's limited, to fly around in and do TOS style missions (like a old star cluster). That would be nice - just mixing ALL the eras! for the sake of "look, we have all star Trek i our game!" doesn't appeal to me.

Even if you have a TOS themed fleet and/or RP group or whatever, you still fight TNG era villians.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    To be honest, I can live with the whole 'Temporal Agent' thing if it involves creating a new character for the purpose of playing through new content.

I do not, however, think I can stomach a repeat playthrough of the entire 'existing' story (delta recruit style) again. In fact, I never did complete it with my DR - got as far as the 2800 arc and lost the will to live with the whole thing.

I agree. Replaying everything would be tiresome. If we get a TOS "pocket universe" though, with STFs, battle zones, maybe a few missions I would be pretty excited. We were told to think big - thinking big, for me, is not just having TOS skins on our stuff and do what we did before.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    d58e95971809174bd49efa78977aabaa1462395369_656x369.jpg
    800f7d85fa1cc3473a28d3ffb910736f1462395307_656x369.jpg

You can feel that the Enterprise-J, while it won't be featured, heavily inspired these two, especially the saucer:
    latest?cb=20121221004633&path-prefix=en
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    d58e95971809174bd49efa78977aabaa1462395369_656x369.jpg
    800f7d85fa1cc3473a28d3ffb910736f1462395307_656x369.jpg

You can feel that the Enterprise-J, while it won't be featured, heavily inspired these two, especially the saucer:
    latest?cb=20121221004633&path-prefix=en

Pity they did not get inspired by Enterprise J's warp nacelles as well. I like the sleek, long, narrow look of them. Unfortunetly once again, they went for the fat and pointy option instead.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I do not, however, think I can stomach a repeat playthrough of the entire 'existing' story (delta recruit style) again. In fact, I never did complete it with my DR - got as far as the 2800 arc and lost the will to live with the whole thing.

Same here, did 3, only one completed it, Wont do it again.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User

to be fair getting stabbed tends to ruin your day. and fancy high tech guns still only matter if you can hit what your shoooting at.

I'll take Nak'hul should be wearing polyalloy armor for 400,000 ec Ken...​​
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Rehashed content grind ftw.

Grind for the grind gods, dil for the dil throne.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »

to be fair getting stabbed tends to ruin your day. and fancy high tech guns still only matter if you can hit what your shoooting at.

all armor has gaps and weak points... granted the sword should have been ruined not bloodly.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »

"What could the Na'Kuhl have been wearing that would have saved him from anything but the face stabbing?"

Thank you for the 400,000 EC... :grin:
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Hype, new endgame content where all endgame users are converted to "TOS"-Faction, making everything cross faction lvl60+, end hype
  • alfheimwandereralfheimwanderer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2016
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I hope we get to start people in the past with a whole different setting and tutorial etc... That would get me to make a new character.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Soooo .... Nothing for KDF and ROMs then?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Some of those ships look really... yummy :p
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    genhauk wrote: »

nope, cause then we might feel welcomed.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Toying with the idea of being one of the first to purchase this pack. If nothing else, the T6 ships look very interesting. And if the Paladin Class is able to use the Tipler console from my main character's Wells clas, I'll definitely be pleased!

I will have to wait, as only interested if my current Fed characters can use the ships..
    genhauk wrote: »

KDF and Rom's haven't existed in Cryptic's eyes for quite some time..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I had such hopes ... a new 120 dollar mega pack is not something I find interesting though ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I had such hopes ... a new 120 dollar mega pack is not something I find interesting though ...

If it's going to be the only thing then yes ... but it's pretty safe to assume it's coming with a new Expansion or at least "Recruit Event" ...
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Personally not excited by the pack. I'd much rather they released the long over due Tier 6 Sovereign, Vor'Cha, Nebula, Norway, Sabre, K'Vort, Steamrunner and New Orleans classes. All of the afore mentioned ships would guarantee a purchase from me.

The TOS ships i'd want to fly if i purchased this pack the Constitution/Miranda (not included)/Saladin(Not included) and Daedalus are Tier 1 & 2 respectively and after about an hour will be discarded and never used on a new alt as its levelled.

This bundle meh ! no 1 ship interests me nor do the costumes or other perks.
    edited May 2016

Furthermore, "Six Temporal Operative Specialization Qualifications" supports the idea that they have 'alts' in mind.

Not really ... it clearly states those are going to be for your Bridge Crew, and only for 1 Character on your Account ...

And since they clearly seperate "TOS" from "FED" Chars ... it begs to question what would be the difference between both, if not different Ships i.E. ...

If it would be just something like "Delta Recruits" they wouldn't have to word it that way ... since Delta Recruits were either "FED", "ROM" or "KDF" ... not "TOS" ... so I'd wait until they tell us exactly what those new "TOS"-Characters are going to be, and how they'll fit into the current factions ...

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

If it's just a ship pack without any new content I'm not interested. But if they release a full expansion with missions playing in the TOS era I'm definitely gonna buy it.