test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    "Any word from the others?" Krystal asked.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    "Not yet," replied the admiral. "Their rifts have all closed, so they must have headed elsewhere or closed them for some reason."

"Admiral, Captain Prala has reported that her contact is aboard, and may have a link to the location of the Na'kuhl base," reported Burt. "They'll let us know what they can figure out."
    Unknown Universe
    The Mephiles and the Equinox dropped out of warp near Qo'noS, or rather, what was left of the planet. Several Tzenkethi and Tholian ships were in orbit, searching for survivors and destroying those they could find.

11 of 14 watched all this on the viewscreen, only for Narekkun to speak up. "Captain, the Equinox is hailing us."

"Put him on half the viewscreen, leave the other half alone," 11 replied, and after a moment, Ransom's face came up on half the viewscreen. "Well, it looks like there's nothing left to investigate. I recommend we hold back."

"Agreed," replied Ransom, somewhat somberly. "There's nothing left for us here, and I think every member of my crew can agree on that."

"So what do you want to do?" inquired 11.

"You can have us, captain," answered Ransom. "Just as long as we don't have to come back. Let us stay in your universe."

"I... I imagine that could be arranged," replied 11, sighing, "we'll generate a rift back to where we came from, I'd suggest you have your ship enter it first, when we signal you."

Long story short; they did so.
    Prime Universe, Staging Ground
    A rift opened, and the Equinox emerged, soon followed by the Mephiles, which hailed the Sally to report.
    "Discovered a universe where the Federation and our allies had been destroyed. Found one surviving vessel, the Equinox, commanded by their version of Rudolph Ransom. They have agreed to assist us in exchange for... permanent residence in our universe after the mission is over."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    "Ransom?" Krystal asked, joining the channel. "I heard of him. At least you guys had better luck on your end."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    "Barely," replied Ransom, also joining the channel, "the Equinox is only a science vessel, I can't imagine how much help we would be."

"Don't worry about that one," said Admiral Nat, "we know things about science vessels and how to make them more useful in a fight, even one like the one we're getting ready for."
    Kelvin Timeline
    The Vengeance-class dreadnought, the U.S.S. Absolute, started a patrol around the colony world. The Firestorm did the same, taking a different path. Klingon D4x Bird of Preys set a course towards them.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    "We got a damaged Yellowstone Runabout," Krystal pointed out. "So yea... our trip was a bit of a bust."
  • Options
    "That's it? Geez, if you wanted a Runabout, I would've brought out one of the half a dozen Runabouts here on my ship," replied Nat jokingly. "We got plenty of shuttles and Delta Flyers, too. Even timeships and Tholian Widow fighters, basically anything you could possibly want."

"So what happens now?" asked Ransom over the channel.

"We wait," answered Nat, relaxing in his command chair. "For Commodore Nat and Captain Sarah Walker to come back."

"Understood," replied Ransom.
    I.S.S. Sally, in the Mirror Universe
    "No," replied Data, getting a surprised look from Sarah, "but I will not do anything to stop it. It is not my place."

"Why not?" asked Sarah, as the turbolift door opened. Data motioned them to continue walking, and they did so, now joined by another pair of holographic guards.

"I cannot," said Data, following closely. "It is against my programming to defy the admiral's orders."

"So robotic..." murmured Sarah, "exactly the opposite of my universe's version of you; he wanted to be more human. I'm not surprised you'd be the opposite, since you're from this universe."

"Not exactly," replied the android, "I was built using designs and memory engrams copied from my prime counterpart when he copied his memories to the other android, B4. The Terran agent who did so brought the data back to this universe, and the designs finally ended up in the possession of the admiral, who had me built."

"So... you're a clone... built by Anna's people..." questioned Sarah, curious, "what if I told you we could bring you back home?"

"Don't answer," came Anna's voice over the comm systems of the ship. "Just keep quiet and bring them to my quarters."

"Yes, admiral," replied Data, not saying another word after that.

Sasha deadpanned Sarah, speaking up, "guess that explains why this "Data" was so famous in your universe but never heard of in mine. We never built one!"

Sarah chuckled slightly, sighing. They had reached... Ten Forward? The doors opened, revealing Anna Walker's extremely luxurious quarters. Nope, they're her quarters. Figures she'd do something like that.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    "Oh haha..." Krystal deadpanned. "Very funny."
  • Options
    "Thanks," replied Nat, "I'll let you all know if I hear anything."
    Kelvin Timeline
    "Klingons incoming!" shouted a tactical officer on the bridge of the Firestorm. "It looks like they sent a whole fleet after us!"

Commodore Nat just sat there, watching the squadron of Bird of Preys on the viewscreen. After a moment, they started taking heavy fire from the Absolute; and were destroyed in the third volley. "Provide supportive fire to the Absolute!" ordered Nat, "evade incoming fire."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Lexington signed off.
  • Options
    As did the rest.
    I.S.S. Sally, Admiral's Quarters
    "So nice of you to join us," said Anna, somewhat sarcastically, "no, really. I like having random prisoners on my ship. It keeps things interesting and makes the brig actually useful for a change."

"What do you want with us?" asked Sarah.

Anna slowly got up and walked over closer. "What are you doing in my universe?"

"Looking for allies in all the wrong places," remarked Sarah, "we were supposed to end up in Captain Nat's universe, but it seems we keep getting redirected elsewhere."

"Oh, you mean you didn't come to visit me?" inquired Sasha.

Sarah just deadpanned Anna. "To be honest, I'd be fine to just leave and never speak of it again."

Anna just burst out laughing, then suddenly stopped. "Why in the world would I let you go when I have so many questions? Why are you seeking allies?"

"An attack on a Na'kuhl base," replied Sarah, "speaking of which, why were you in the Badlands? Isn't that Leeta's territory?"

Anna just shook her head. "I'm asking the questions, but I'll have you know word has it some guy was hired to kill her... or something. I dunno, I just know that the Badlands was open for my fleet to take over and that I have a fake Leeta keeping up appearances for now. Whatever. What Na'kuhl base?"

"The Na'kuhl base," said Sarah, "apparently the headquarters of a General... Toros? From our universe, allied to the Sphere Builders."

"Oh. Never heard of them," replied Anna, "just kidding, but why would they concern me when your precious temporal defense force is keeping them in line?"

"They're enemies to the emperor of my Terran Empire," stated Sasha, "I'm sure he'd love a crack at them, and he might just be willing to help you maintain order in your own version of the empire if you help him get what he wants."

"You're on my side now?" asked Sarah, surprised, "or are you just trying to run off?"

"No, I'm on Emperor Nat's side," answered Sasha, quite sternly, "he despises that which he cannot control. The Sphere Builders and their allies are just that; I'm sure he'd take a shot at them if he knew where their base was."

"Tell me more about this offer you implied," said Anna, pulling Sasha closer. "Now."

"What in the world for?" asked Sasha. "I'd be better off just waiting for the emperor to show up and rescue me, trace her ship back to wherever they came from, and seek out whoever knows the location of that base."

"Ever hear of the Klingon-Cardassian-Iconian Alliance?" asked Anna directly. "In our universe, they're the stealthiest, most cunning rebellion, and the only one of any significance we haven't already crushed. They're lead by our version of your precious emperor... they even have temporal technology beyond the 26th century tech that your emperor appears to be using. I'm sure he'd hate if the alliance were to... take over our universe and then and invade his universe."

Sasha smiled. "He would. I can't think of why he wouldn't be willing to help you destroy your enemies... after you help him destroy his." Finishing her short speech, she reached out a hand, and Anna took it and shaked her hand.

Sarah just watched, somewhat uncomfortable. This can't possibly end well, she thought to herself. The admiral isn't going to be happy when I come back with these nuts.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    Borg Sphere

Suddenly, the sphere reappeared near Earth Spacedock, completely offline. When Elric came back to consciousness, he found himself groggy and weak. Then he realized his mechanical arm was not working.

"Damn! This thing must've acted like an EM surge and knocked it out," he said, inspecting himself. Then he looked around and realized how quiet it was. There were no mechanized sounds of Borg in the distant corridors, or movement of any kind in the room.

He saw the android spider unconscious on the floor. "Zeta!" he panicked. "Can you hear me?" He attempted to nudge the creature, but it didn't respond.

"Claire?" he then moved up to the table to find the other android completely out as well. "Claire!"

Elric tried to shake her awake, but there was no response. He shook her again.

"Wake up, dammit! This isn't the time!"

With a continued lack of response, he began to relocate around the room, looking for a tricorder he could scan her with. Instead, he found a display, showing Earth and Spacedock. He quickly changed gears and hailed the orbital starbase to let them know he was on board and that the Amaterasu Alpha was in the sphere's ship containment bay. When that was over, he turned back to Claire and Zeta.

"Why'd the artifact send us here?" he questioned. "Why Earth?" But that would have to be a mystery for another time; the state of his friends was a horrible enough sight to behold.
  • Options
    U.S.S. Firestorm F, Bridge
    The Firestorm F, having completed it's mission, was returning to Earth Spacedock. It would take them a about an hour to arrive, since they weren't in any rush. They hailed Earth Spacedock to contact Admiral Nat to report. Apparently, he was gone elsewhere. Jim shrugged and turned to E.M.E.H.. "Well, you're a hero," said Jim, "what are you still doing here?"

"I have a request," said E.M.E.H., prompting a curious look from Harrison. "I don't like serving with you people. I'd rather serve with Harrison on his ship."

Jim sighed. Harrison sighed. 1 of 6 sighed. Everyone sighed, actually. "You know what?" asked Jim. "Fine. You earned it, but I would like to know why."

"Apparently Captain Sarah Walker is more friendly to holograms," replied the hologram. Harrison turned to Jim, shrugging innocently. Jim just glared in response. "Well, if she's so friendly, I'm sure she won't have any problems... if and when you and Harrison can actually transfer back to the Legacy."

"What?" asked Harrison.

"Apparently, the admiral went elsewhere, taking them with him." Jim replied, "the Sally, Mephiles, Legacy, Lexington, Firestorm... the original, that is. Some Krenim ship went with them. Etc."

"So what now?" asked E.M.E.H..

"Relax," replied Jim, doing so in his command chair. "Once we reach ESD, you can even--"

"Captain," said 1 of 6. "Report from spacedock. There's a Borg Sphere in orbit. Apparently the Amaterasu Alpha is inside."

"Right," replied Jim, "Elric was there briefly in the unimatrix, so you figure there's a connection. Increase speed to maximum warp."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    A rift opened, and a ship drifted through looking as though it had been hit by an EMP.

"Captain, new contact. Sovereign class... registry number... sir... its... the Lexington?" Amelei reported.
    "That's new... status?" Krystal replied.
    "She's disabled... Sir... the markings... They look Terran Empire, but different."
    "A second Mirror Universe? Great... guess that explains why she's a Sovy. I thought the ISS Lexington was destroyed. Get a tractor beam on that thing, and lock weapons. If they power up, I want them to know they're not in control."
  • Options
    The U.S.S. Sally immediately came about and locked weapons of it's own, charging the phaser lance to full power, just in case.
    "Report," said Nat, over a channel to the U.S.S. Lexington.
    Kelvin Timeline
    "The enemy forces are retreating," reported the tactical officer to Commodore Nat. "The Absolute is hailing us."

"About time," said Kelvin Nat, "I think we're done here. Open up that rift and lead the way."

"Already?" asked the prime Commodore. "Well, if you say so."

The Firestorm reopened the rift and entered it, followed by the Absolute.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Don't know. She looks dead in the water right now," Krystal replied. "And... while she's reading as Terran Empire... do the markings look... different to you? They don't match the ones from the ships we were on, and if I remember correctly, that particular ISS Lexington was destroyed."
  • Options
    "Yes, I remember Captain Nat's report," replied Admiral Nat, "that said, don't forget about--"

A temporal rift opened, and the Firestorm emerged, followed by the Absolute. Both ships went to high alert and targeted the I.S.S. Lexington, just like everyone else.

"...I see Commodore Nat has returned with a... oh, that's a beautiful ship. Regardless, remember Emperor Nat back in that temporal fracture? Do you think there's a connection?"

Another, much larger rift opened, and the I.S.S. Enterprise J emerged, escorted by several 26th century Terran temporal warships, then followed by the I.S.S. Sally with a fleet of 25th century Terran warships, then the I.S.S. Legacy and finally U.S.S. Legacy.

"Speak of the devil," said Admiral Nat, "looks like Sarah brought... "friends". I thought she was looking for Captain Nat, but there you go."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Oh god..." Krystal sighed as she slumped in her seat.
  • Options
    "Sorry," is all Sarah could say over the open channel. "Existence didn't seem to want us visiting Captain Nat's universe, so I ended up meeting these guys instead. They were pretty eager to come along when I told them what we were looking for."

"Of course," replied Admiral Nat, "thanks a lot."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "So... anyone recognize this ISS Lexington?" Krystal asked.
  • Options
    "Yes," replied Emperor Nat from the Enterprise. "What are they doing here?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Well... we could ask them... if they hadn't come through disabled," Krystal replied as minimal power was restored to the ISS Lexington. Her nacelles were still dark, but some lights did come back on.
  • Options
    The Enterprise hailed the I.S.S. Lexington, although every other ship was waiting for any response on the same channel.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    A brunette Krystal with some blood on her face responded.
    "Really... hate... those frakkin' Rebels..." she growled.
  • Options
    "Rebels where?" Emperor Nat asked, quite sternly.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Ran into some Klingons near Beta Thoridar," Mirror Jade reported. "Small band, not quite on the radar yet. But they had enough to disable my ship in an ambush. I don't even know who these people are out here!"
  • Options
    "I'll be sure to send a task force to find them later," replied Emperor Nat. "We're here to ally with these people against our enemies, although I would sure like to know where we're going!"

"We can all meet in my ship's conference room to discuss the details and form a battle plan," answered Admiral Nat over the open channel.

"Fine," replied the emperor.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    Earth Spacedock, Infirmary

Doctor Melzine and several Engineers worked over Claire, who lay, still unmoving. On a table nearby, a few Engineers attempted to fix Zeta. Elric stood nearby, watching everything go down, trying his best to ignore Melzine's inappropriate elation. His mechanical arm hung on a sling.

"I'm telling you, Elric, this is amazing," the Doctor and cyberneticist exclaimed. "Her build appears to be Soong-type, but with a few enhancements; her emotion chip, for one."

Elric grimaced. "She's not a toy, Doctor. She's a person. Can you get her back?"

"We've been here for hours, Captain," Melzine began. "I've done everything I could think of, but some of her systems are beyond anything I've seen. I believe they're the cause of her preserved unconsciousness."

Gritting his teeth now, Elric turned his gaze away from the situation. "Unacceptable, Melzine. You studied cybernetics all your life and grafted this arm to me, without my permission, so you should be able to do this one thing. You owe me."

"It's my expertise that's saying any more pushing and I could damage her irreparably. No, we have to let her be. If she's gone, she's gone. You and she did this together."

Elric wasn't nearly able to hold himself back from thrashing him when one of the Engineers working on Zeta exclaimed in surprise. The Captain looked and found Zeta popping up, back online.

*Click!?* The android spider seemed to be momentarily disoriented. *Click, chirrrrp, click, click!*

Running over, Elric addressed his friend. "Zeta! You're back!"

*Click, chirp, cliccck!*

Elric nodded and managed a smile. "Oh, it sure was a close one. Sometimes we take chances and have to face their consequences."

*Chirp!?* Zeta looked to Claire and saw what he meant. The hand-sized spider then leapt up onto Elric's shoulder.

The Captain sighed, taking one last look at Claire. "Yeah, and sometimes life's not fair." The spider and man exchanged a brief look before Elric turned to exit the Infirmary. "Let's go."
  • Options
    "Guess I'll head over too," Mirror Krystal said before cutting the channel.
  • Options
    U.S.S. Sally, Conference Room
    Admiral Nat sat waiting for people to arrive. 11 of 14 arrived first, followed by Commodore Nat and Commodore Nat, then Ransom, followed by Sarah and then Sasha, then Anna, and finally Emperor Nat.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    All three Krystal's arrived as well, and the resident pregnant Fed Trill looked annoyed, while the Imperial Trill had a smug look on her face. The Star League lieutenant was just confused.