test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Contact Giveaways

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    The information is once again a little confusing. The blog states future characters on the account can claim the 'reclaim version', yet the C-Store details state it can only be claimed during the event time frame... so which is it? ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    "Assimilated Assault Cruiser (T6)" huh...

Okay, they mixed up some ship cards, it happens, still... can't help but wonder what else is coming :smiley:

Grabbing the Phoenix now :smile:

*rubs hands*
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The information is once again a little confusing. The blog states future characters on the account can claim the 'reclaim version', yet the C-Store details state it can only be claimed during the event time frame... so which is it? ​​

[conjecture]
    My guess is that you can only first-claim it while the promo is running.

After claiming it with one toon, you get a reclaim entry in c-store >> promotions for any future characters, but each character can claim it only once.

You know, since we can't dismiss ships from our admiralty roster ^^

[/conjecture]
    -
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    took the doff, but the admiralty card is not worth anything. so thats that, only 1 item from that "event".
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    took the doff, but the admiralty card is not worth anything. so thats that, only 1 item from that "event".

Not worth anything? T.B.H. i can see it being useful.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »

Not worth anything? T.B.H. i can see it being useful.

Agreeing with Questerius there :smile:

Admiralty assignments commonly get boosts to at least one of their departments.
    Having an admiralty ship (a hero ship, no less) that can negate difficulty boosts for ALL THREE departments is an awesome extra; with only 5m maintenance too!
    -
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User

Uhhhh, it removes ALL modifiers. That's pretty friggin' useful to anyone with a limited amount of admiralty ships. It's also useful if you want to snag an additional mission on admiralty.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    fluffymoof wrote: »

Uhhhh, it removes ALL modifiers. That's pretty friggin' useful to anyone with a limited amount of admiralty ships. It's also useful if you want to snag an additional mission on admiralty.

Also pretty useful for KDF and Romulans with their rather wonky ratio of Tac ships compared to Sci and Engie.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    That is one sweet little magic carpet ride!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

If anything the ship card is worth more than the doff when you look at the rewards possible through the admiralty system and how much it could help out. I'd happily take as many ships that ignore all events as possible!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Getting back on topic, the give away is 3x 48 hours starting on the 31st and ending on the 6th.
    Last give away is semi confirmed to be an assimilated assault cruiser admiralty card.

Was kind of keeping my fingers crossed for Picard's Tommy Gun. More likely to be a reward for a FE though, but perhaps we'll get a bonus. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Getting back on topic, the give away is 3x 48 hours starting on the 31st and ending on the 6th.
    Last give away is semi confirmed to be an assimilated assault cruiser admiralty card.

Was kind of keeping my fingers crossed for Picard's Tommy Gun. More likely to be a reward for a FE though, but perhaps we'll get a bonus. :P

I'll take another Admiralty card. Anything that isn't a one time use card is a good thing to me.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I know I will make good out of it. I don't have a wide variety of ships to use. So its hard to get some of those done.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    tritium4evartritium4evar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The admiralty card is amazing.
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

If anything the ship card is worth more than the doff when you look at the rewards possible through the admiralty system and how much it could help out. I'd happily take as many ships that ignore all events as possible!

Yeah the admiralty card is better than the doff. Ignore all modifiers on a 5 min maintenance is insane. Even on my main with ~50 admiralty ships (not including single use), it's still incredibly useful.
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I'll certainly be able to use another Cruiser, my roster is particularly weak in Engineering ships.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    What does "Ignores ALL Event Modifiers" mean?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    >>>What does "Ignores ALL Event Modifiers" mean?

Equivalent to Ignore Tac, Eng, & Sci modifiers.

Edit: Tried it on a mission and it did not remove critical modifiers - whew. So only Tac, Eng, & Sci.
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    That means it ingonores stuff like "Borg Transwarp Gateway" +100 Tac.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So as someone who has played this game since Beta, held a lifetime subscription since the start, collects Borg items but who randomly was away for the past two days, there is no way for me to now ever get my hands on the Borg DOFF reward? That's it - game over for me being a completionist with DOFFs and Borg gear?

If so, then I may as well just stop playing, right?

If this was a fortnight-long offer, or monthly thing like stuff usually is, then fair enough. But 48 hours? With no repeat availability? All this does is annoy the hell out of players who miss it, which isn't a good thing for the game.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do now? Log off for a year until the Borg DOFF *maybe* is available again??
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    casbyness wrote: »
    So as someone who has played this game since Beta, held a lifetime subscription since the start, collects Borg items but who randomly was away for the past two days, there is no way for me to now ever get my hands on the Borg DOFF reward? That's it - game over for me being a completionist with DOFFs and Borg gear?

If this was a fortnight-long offer, or monthly thing like stuff usually is, then fair enough. But 48 hours? With no repeat availability? All this does is annoy the hell out of players who miss it, which isn't a good thing for the game.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do now? Log off for a year until the Borg DOFF *maybe* is available again??
    Frankly, the 2-day claim window per giveaway item is generous from Cryptic. Who have traditionally only offered such giveaways during a window of 1-day each. I find it highly unlikely that your suggestion of not logging in until the next First Contact Day giveaway cycle will make them feel the least bit guilty. But it's always your decision to login to play STO or not. Our beta status is completely irrelevant.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I just want to say thank you for the free admiralty ship. I actually looked into finding one that nullifies events a little while ago, and found out that they are stupidly rare. Very cool that this is being offered to everybody.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    That is one sweet little magic carpet ride!

Now if they would only give us that as an actual smallcraft. That would be fun.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Also pretty useful for KDF and Romulans with their rather wonky ratio of Tac ships compared to Sci and Engie.

This is my thoughts too. KDF and Roms have weird lineups and the Events can be particularly brutal to them. Especially since I think the Fed standard shuttle has a similar event modifier (i can't remember what it is exactly but I know I have thrown it in there to handle events before) but the equivalent KDF or Rom does not. So on the +/- Event part, it is beyond useful
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Now if they would only give us that as an actual smallcraft. That would be fun.​​

The last time we saw it given away, it was a Space Pet.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

B)

I remember that. I don't think I have one anymore (it was taking up Inventory Space), but it amused me for a bit. It'd be neat if at some point they'd give up a pet tab to store such things in, even if I'm not usually one to collect pets.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Now if they would only give us that as an actual smallcraft. That would be fun.

B)

Unfortunately the last giveaway has been leaked already by Cryptic themselves. Assimilated assault cruiser admirality card. Maybe there's something on top of that but we'll see.

If so, what I find odd is that First Contact Day is about the first contact with the Vulcans. Yet, aside from the Phoenix, all we get is Borg themed. So this day is more about the movie First Contact rather than the lore meaning of first contact between humanity and their first alien species, which is why I still had hopes up for the D'Kyr as the only Vulcan thing in the store.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

This is my thoughts too. KDF and Roms have weird lineups and the Events can be particularly brutal to them. Especially since I think the Fed standard shuttle has a similar event modifier (i can't remember what it is exactly but I know I have thrown it in there to handle events before) but the equivalent KDF or Rom does not. So on the +/- Event part, it is beyond useful

Actually, the Type 8 has a "+10 ALL per each non-shuttle assigned" bonus. (Which, if you use one shuttle and two ships, works out to a +20 bonus to each stat, or +60 total - pretty nice.) This bonus is also found on the To'Duj, Scorpion and Stalker fighters - I don't remember the Peregrine.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Now if they would only give us that as an actual smallcraft. That would be fun.

B)

Unfortunately the last giveaway has been leaked already by Cryptic themselves. Assimilated assault cruiser admirality card. Maybe there's something on top of that but we'll see.

If so, what I find odd is that First Contact Day is about the first contact with the Vulcans. Yet, aside from the Phoenix, all we get is Borg themed. So this day is more about the movie First Contact rather than the lore meaning of first contact between humanity and their first alien species, which is why I still had hopes up for the D'Kyr as the only Vulcan thing in the store.​​

It is possible that our First Contact Day mission (we are getting it, presumably...) will be intervening in First Contact.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2016

There is always some guy, isn't there? If you were a seriously devoted collector, maybe you should check out STO every day if there is something to collect, and ensure that you can collect it, too? It's not like it was top secret.

But who knows, maybe next year, they will have the same giveaways? Giveaways have repeated themselves in the past.

Or, alternatively, as you say, just stop playing and say good bye to the collection you already have. That sounds also quite rational.

Mustrum "Of course, that post might just have been a delayed April's Fool" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User

There is always some guy, isn't there?

Yep. There is alway's someone who comes late to the party and just 'has' to put a downer on it. Why on earth some people feel so 'entitled' is beyond me.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User

I think my Sense of Entitlement Detector just blew, and those things aren't easy to get fixed. Time to redo the duty rosters again...