What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Contact Giveaways

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    I always knew about Neal Falconer. That was one of my favorite Star Trek Films, right after Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Thanks for the ship cards, all three.
    This is a trend of Cryptic's I could use for a long time.
    I like the Admiralty part of the game.
    A gift which will continue to give something is the best gift.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Thank you Cryptic/STO for the giveaways and for helping to perpetuate the hope and faith in humanity that dear Roddenberry believed in. Thank you for giving Star Trek a chance for those of us who love it and what it stands for. Despite all the hate and entitlement that so predominantly creeps through the forums, there are those of us who are truly and honestly grateful and appreciative...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    Could the final giveaway be an Admiralty card for a Borg cube??? Seeing as how we're staying with the Borg-related theme.

Or better yet, a new Liberated Borg BOFF?
    Perhaps a Borg Sphere card?
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Not sure a cube ever made it back on first contact day, all the Borg ever got there was a probe. I do love how these giveaways all followed the story of first contact so if we were to get another giveaway it would probably be the Vulcan science ship that first noticed the Phoenix as it went on its maiden voyage.

A good suggestion. Though that would mean the T'Pau shuttle that landed in Bozeman. Which might encourage them to make that shuttle?
    rangerryu wrote: »
    Could the final giveaway be an Admiralty card for a Borg cube??? Seeing as how we're staying with the Borg-related theme.

Or better yet, a new Liberated Borg BOFF?

according to the post on their facebook todays giveaway is the final one.

Ok, ends on 4/6. I really should have figured that out on my own.

Hadn't noticed it myself, I figured that Wednesday would be the last giveaway.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    captaind3 wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    Seems like the giveaways were better before admiralty cards. I don't understand how people are excited about clicky things with timers. Didn't we used to get outfits and ships?

Well they are running out of uniforms to give away. And the new uniforms that they're making they're putting in the G.D. Lobi store and lockboxes.

As for ships, we may get on yet, or in a future giveaway.

Keep in mind that ALL of these giveaways are specifically First Contact film based. Neal Mcdonough played Lt Hawk who was assimilated in the film, The Phoenix, An Assimilated Enterprise-E. So this isn't a normal thank you for playing we've had a great profitable year, here have this free stuff giveaway. It's quite nicely themed.
    kelettes wrote: »
    My Regant has been waiting paitiently for her younger(big?) T6 sister...

+1 on that :smile: I'd jump on a T6 sovie with the first week discount :smile:

And the assimilated sovie admiralty card... the teasing is strong with that one XD

Make no mistake, my body is ready.

I cannot believe I missed the reference with Neal Falconer, nice catch. I just assumed it was a randomish borg doff cause of the film, didn't even think of Lt. Hawk.

I had to think on it for a second myself, it didn't clench until someone mentioned it was the 20th anniversary of First Contact while talking about a T6 Sovereign.

And even then it was only in reading your post that they changed birds on me to complete the pun. But the haircut and the prosthetics pointed me straight to Hawk. I'll have to look again to see how much they made it a likeness.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Many thanks, Cryptic, for the DOFF and the two extremely nice Admiralty cards. And many more thanks for making them all reclaimable Account-wide unlocks! Job well done!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Many thanks, Cryptic, for the DOFF and the two extremely nice Admiralty cards. And many more thanks for making them all reclaimable Account-wide unlocks! Job well done!

Agreed, this year's giveaway set is the best I have ever got in my 4 years of STO.

I can’t help but think that you were almost too generous on this one.

Thanks a lot Cryptic.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Just wondering if there will be a first contact mission again today.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Last time they ran First Contact day it wasn't so much a mission, more a case of log on and get a pop up giving you a faction specific gift ( Phoenix space pet for feds, nanov pet for roms and that "meat cleaver" of a bat'leth for the kdf), we also got a "mission" to go talk to an NPC at the academy to get a purple DOFF. The romulan NPC had a marker in the Command Center but no visible NPC, so they had to claim their allies DOFF instead.​​
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    bejaymac wrote: »

Last time they ran First Contact day it wasn't so much a mission, more a case of log on and get a pop up giving you a faction specific gift ( Phoenix space pet for feds, nanov pet for roms and that "meat cleaver" of a bat'leth for the kdf), we also got a "mission" to go talk to an NPC at the academy to get a purple DOFF. The romulan NPC had a marker in the Command Center but no visible NPC, so they had to claim their allies DOFF instead.​​

IIRC you took command of your faction's flagship and tested anti-Undine weapons.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

Meat Cleaver :D The Tritanium Bat'leth, what a thing of beauty.
    dalolorn wrote: »

IIRC you took command of your faction's flagship and tested anti-Undine weapons.

That is correct.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Disclaimer: This is the greedy me talking.

I would say: Bring on those purple doff giveaways because i have two post DR characters which can use a purple maintenance officer (if i recall correctly)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    sadly I missed the BOFF on the first day :'( hope there will be an opportunity to earn it later.
    Loving the free admiralty cards!
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if there is a giveaway tomorrow I'm REALLY hoping for Picard's tommy gun
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    if there is a giveaway tomorrow I'm REALLY hoping for Picard's tommy gun

"From 3/31/16 to 4/6/16 every 48 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item, so be sure to grab these up!"

In a nutshell the last freebie's claim window ends with 4/6/16. With the assimilated cruiser adm. card, the giveaway is done. People can still grab it today, but nothing new will be announced.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Huh, I thought wed be getting one more giveaway today since it "ended" today. Guess not. The three givaway items were pretty damn great though. Id stopped playing STO for a while and it got me to come back...
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Neal Falconer knows assimilation!
    klingon-bridge.jpg