test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Contact Giveaways

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    steaen wrote: »

I think my Sense of Entitlement Detector just blew, and those things aren't easy to get fixed. Time to redo the duty rosters again...

Mine too!
    tumblr_m96q86aRa01qg462ao4_250.gif
    54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif

crying-waterfalls.gif
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Was really hoping for a T6 Assimilated ship, rather than the Admiralty card.

Last count on my main, was 78 Admiralty cards and above 50 on my other 2 alts, so getting new one's is a mute at this point ;)

Per chance to dream....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    It's free stuff.
    Stuff which Cryptic is not under any obligation to give away.
    Yet they do so every year to celebrate a mythical holiday of an average sci fi TV series.
    In a game which they charge zero to subscribe to.
    While allowing all content in the game to be accessible provided one is willing to play long enough.
    Again, in case you missed it: It's free stuff. As in no cost to you.
    What is more, it is usually useful free stuff Cryptic gives away.
    So quitcher already.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Was really hoping for a T6 Assimilated ship, rather than the Admiralty card.

Last count on my main, was 78 Admiralty cards and above 50 on my other 2 alts, so getting new one's is a mute at this point ;)

Per chance to dream....

I don't think they'll simply give away a T6, at least not without having you jump through an ungodly amount of hoops to get it. Elitist tears would never end.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    casbyness wrote: »
    So as someone who has played this game since Beta, held a lifetime subscription since the start, collects Borg items but who randomly was away for the past two days, there is no way for me to now ever get my hands on the Borg DOFF reward? That's it - game over for me being a completionist with DOFFs and Borg gear?

If so, then I may as well just stop playing, right?

If this was a fortnight-long offer, or monthly thing like stuff usually is, then fair enough. But 48 hours? With no repeat availability? All this does is annoy the hell out of players who miss it, which isn't a good thing for the game.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do now? Log off for a year until the Borg DOFF *maybe* is available again??

What did i just read.. are you serious?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    questerius wrote: »
    So as someone who has played this game since Beta, held a lifetime subscription since the start, collects Borg items but who randomly was away for the past two days, there is no way for me to now ever get my hands on the Borg DOFF reward? That's it - game over for me being a completionist with DOFFs and Borg gear?

If this was a fortnight-long offer, or monthly thing like stuff usually is, then fair enough. But 48 hours? With no repeat availability? All this does is annoy the hell out of players who miss it, which isn't a good thing for the game.

Seriously, what am I supposed to do now? Log off for a year until the Borg DOFF *maybe* is available again??

What did i just read.. are you serious?

They said:

"Seriously, what am I supposed to do now? Log off for a year until the Borg DOFF *maybe* is available again??"

And if I was Cryptic, my response would be:

"Yes, do exactly that. Except don't come back after a year".
  • bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Is the 'First Contact Day' mission going to be active this year?
    Just thinking out loud, but perhaps we shall have to fend off a naghul (or how it is written) attack to prevent first contact. :pensive:

Who needs the borg to mess up the timeline.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Just thinking out loud, but perhaps we shall have to fend off a naghul (or how it is written) attack to prevent first contact. :pensive:

Who needs the borg to mess up the timeline.

Then we start playing exactly what happens on the shows and movies again, abandoning the last bit of originality STO has pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited April 2016
    Then again, it would not be the first time this kind of event has happened.
    Was it two or perhaps even three years ago when we played the mission testing the anti undine weapons?
    Post edited by questerius on
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Then again, it would not be the first time this kind of event has happened.
    Was it two or perhaps even three years ago when we played the mission testing the anti undine reapons?

We did have Temporal Ambassador. That one never actually happened within out own perception of time, but occurred within a "stitch" of the Enterprise C's specific timeline. Really, the Enterprise C is probaby the most complicated thread in the weave of Trek timelines, shifting between realities of its own cause and effect. Come to think of it, I could see us eventually getting a T6 Ambassador out of some Event where we have to defend the C from the Annorax... just how many bits of the timeline does the C tie together, anyway?

Wait... what if we're eventually the ones that create the temporal anomoly the Enterprise C slipped through in the first place... maybe by fighting and eventually destroying the Annorax near Narendra III..? Argh, Red Alert, temporal migrane detected...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    We already have a T6 Ambassador, it's called the Guardian.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Sounds about right.
    sto.gamepedia.com/Guardian_Cruiser

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Sounds about right.
    sto.gamepedia.com/Guardian_Cruiser

Sadly, we can't actually use an Ambassador skin/parts on our Guardian... can we?
    (Serious question, since I didn't pick up the Guardian individually, nor Delta Ops Pack because it was too heavily weighted towards one faction to interest me, and I generally prefer the cross-faction packs.)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So... How exactly does the replica of the Earth's first warp-capable vessel have better admirality stats than most T1 actual ships?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    yakodym wrote: »
    So... How exactly does the replica of the Earth's first warp-capable vessel have better admirality stats than most T1 actual ships?

The admirality system is just a trading card minigame (without the ability to actually trade them pig-36.gif ). The ship stats don't reflect "actual" stats and have no bearing on the actual gameplay. Higher stats just come with the rarity modifier ("epic" in this case) I'd guess. It's best just to ignore that pig-3.gif
    Sadly, we can't actually use an Ambassador skin/parts on our Guardian... can we?
    (Serious question, since I didn't pick up the Guardian individually, nor Delta Ops Pack because it was too heavily weighted towards one faction to interest me, and I generally prefer the cross-faction packs.)

No, you can't mix the Guardian with the Ambassador. I think this is due to the fact that the Ambassador isn't a regular c-store purchase and as such doesn't actually "exist", the T5 version is a promotional unlock some people have. Also, the Guardian is much bigger. One of those superflous supercruisers in game (Starfleet comissions like a dozen new ship classes every week in STO and most of them are resource straining, humongous supercruisers pig-2.gif ). But it is clearly using Probert's original Ambassador design as a base and they share quite a lot. The Guardian should, in my opinion, be scaled down and renamed "Guardian Support Cruiser" (or "Support Cruiser [T6]") so it's compatible with the Ambassador and Yamaguchi-variant​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • goddess41#1244 goddess41 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    First Contact Day, the day Humans and Vulcans made contact due to Zefram Cochrane’s first warp flight, is a day which is incredibly important to the formation of the Federation. To celebrate this important date, Star Trek Online will be giving out some great rewards. From 3/31/16 to 4/6/16 every 48 hours, we’ll be giving out a different item, so be sure to grab these up!

Check out our latest blog every 48 hours to see what the latest giveaway is!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

what if u arent on at 10 am like maybe u have to work or doing something then why not earlier?
    darkgoddess41
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    A new reward is offered every 48 hours from 3/31/16 thru 4/6/16; for a total of 3 rewards. They are made available at 10am PT which can be claimed at that time or any time afterwards until the First Contact Day event ends.

If you cannot find the time to claim at least one of the rewards by 4/6/16 at 10am PT, then I do not know what to say...
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    A new reward is offered every 48 hours from 3/31/16 thru 4/6/16; for a total of 3 rewards. They are made available at 10am PT which can be claimed at that time or any time afterwards until the First Contact Day event ends.

If you cannot find the time to claim at least one of the rewards by 4/6/16 at 10am PT, then I do not know what to say...

Lol, truth be told, I'm getting lucky this time around. I'm always able to claim freebies, but this time around I'm just going to make it by claiming the last one at 1PM because I have a feeling that after that, I'll have to disappear for a couple of weeks.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    That Phoenix is incredible. Thank you Cryptic. *clap*clap*clap-clap-clap*
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    note that there is around 35 minutes left on the current one :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    YEAH! 35 minutes until the new one. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Before I jump the "entitlement" bandwagon:

Most "giveaways", like Mr. Borg DOff, that do not require the jumping through hoops of a "collect X doohickey" event are 99.4% of the time the 24 hour variety.

Thusly, one might feel... thankful... that with this giveaway being a 48 hour edition, you're 2-day "random sabbatical" only cost you one gift instead of 2...

<is there a soapbox on this here bandwagon? Installs one if not>

If the only reason you're still playing STO after all these years is because of OCD concerning Borg-related stuffs, then perhaps you might find... more exciting venues elsewhere... because with the schedule of Borg-related releases being so far apart the thrill of receiving new stuffs to add to the collection is long since gone.

If not, curse the "random event", contemplate contingency plans for the next random giveaway event, and carry on enjoying the remainder of the game and all it's thrills...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ummm...
    Actually, there's still about an hour and 50 minutes to go (from this point).
    It's only 8:10 AM in California at the moment.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Oh, oops, I was thinking it changed over at 10 local, but ten local is 8 pacific.

Good to remember for future reference, since it means you could claim the Borg guy either Thursday evening, any time Friday, or Saturday morning.

I actually forgot to claim the Phoenix until about 9 central time today. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Now, it's about 20 minutes till we should see something.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    For me here in Europe it's actually at 7 PM :)
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    saber1973a wrote: »
    For me here in Europe it's actually at 7 PM :)

In Australia its all ready first contact day AND its 3am.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Times up...

It's the ENTERPRISE-E "A.S.S." Card... (kind-sorta)

SURPRISE!!!

(not so much...)

<chuckle>

Thanks for the gumball Cryptic!

ALMOST... it's not showing up in the C-Store yet. (1:08pm EDT)

B)
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ok- it's 10 minutes after the hour and i do not see the new card in Promotions - but i saw the Pheonix small craft - i got the crate, but could not open it - of course
    ... I hope i did not bugged it for me by this...