test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One of the COOLEST ship designs Cryptic ever made...wasted =(

1272829303133»

Comments

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Garbage or not, patterns are generally to be followed when pitching to Devs :).
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    at this point the console seems OP
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Give the excaliber the first duel torpiedo launcher...........
    kekvin wrote: »

dual? how would that work actually? fires 2 on normal? how does high yield and torp spread work with that?
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User

dual? how would that work actually? fires 2 on normal? how does high yield and torp spread work with that?

I would imagine the "Twin/Tandem Torpedo Launcher" fires two targetable torpedoes of any type with HY; for TS, that would change to two cluster torpedoes. Just a thought.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    just double the torpedoes - HY normally launches 2 at rank 1, 3 at rank 2 and 4 at rank 3

with a dual launcher, it would be 4, 6 and 8; same applies to torpedo spread​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    nikeix wrote: »
    I would think that kind of all-aspect power bump is just over top for universal consoles...

considering the supplemental subsystems console off the yamato, kolasi and kara only gives +2? not really, because +2 power is garbage, even if it is to all systems​​

Garbage or not, if you lack a Leech console you'll be wanting every joule of power you could muster. Granted, there wouldn't be any surefire way of holding onto that power..but I'd be willing to take that.

(For the record, I've had a Leech for a couple of years now..serves me rather well, even on the engineer who I use it on.)
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    i'd rather have double the amount of joules if i'm going to be slotting a gimmick console whose clicky is severely lacking in usefulness even compared to other clickies

at 0 drainx, plasmonic leech gives +1 all subsystem power per stack and you can get 8 stacks, so that's 8 power total - whether or not that's too strong, any other console giving power to all subsystems should be at least half that base value; 4 power is a hell of a lot better than 2​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Agreed.

Back to the main topic discussion, I like the idea of a [Cruiser [T6]] being a Logistics Cruiser/something along those lines, however the console would need to have quite a bit more combat utility in order to make it worth the while for the majority of the playerbase - an endgame console that has an entirely passive effect doesn't exactly strike me as "cost effective".

Granted, the mission reward and Rep consoles only offer a passive effect until paired up with the other set pieces, but all of the endgame ship consoles (to my knowledge) are active effects that also grant a small passive bonus to some ship skill or another.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    ship consoles never should've had active effects to begin with; that should've been the sole domain of devices and set bonii - but that's an argument for another thread, and one that's been brought up repeatedly with absolutely no budging from cryptic​​

#LegalizeAwoo

just double the torpedoes - HY normally launches 2 at rank 1, 3 at rank 2 and 4 at rank 3

with a dual launcher, it would be 4, 6 and 8; same applies to torpedo spread​​

was gonna say that sounded excessive then remembered my Armitage with both point defense consoles slotted.... Would be quite appropriate and cool imo
    the damage on the torpedo would have to be lower to account for the doubled amount of torpedoes, but it wouldn't be the first launcher to have non-standard HY/TS numbers - the ferengi missile launcher releases a swarm with HY, and presumably multiple swarms with TS (i've only experienced it with HY, so i don't know what the latter actually does)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

at this point the console seems OP

Well, at least I may have a sound offering bracketed :).
    ok... its been bugging me.... Thought I could ignore it but no.. its irritating me to no end...

NO to two tac boff.... sorry... shes a logistics ship not a warship
    Bridge Officers: Lieut Tac-Pilot; Ensg Eng; Cmdr Eng; LtCmd Sci; Lieut Uni-Pilot
    If stratigist was a full spec then that wud b gd for the logistics role
    @nikeix so, now that we have a more official idea of what temporal spec will do, any opinions on giving the Excalibur Temporal Gimmick seating?
    If stratigist was a full spec then that wud b gd for the logistics role

that it would!
    Id still go for the stratigist spec mainly due to how the 1701 / 1701A was used. She was very sneaky
    edited June 2016
    @borticuscryptic if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to tell us this is ridiculously overpowered :smiley:...

Excalibur%20Framed_zps6ekhkvzy.jpg

Repurposing advances made with the Federation's highly respected Arbiter Battle Cruiser development program, the Excalibur-Class is the first of three new 'Logistical" cruisers designed to better serve the needs of Starfleet in peacetime operations. An able cargo carrier in even the most dangerous sectors, the Excalibur brings aid and comfort to the darkest corners of the Federation. A strong secondary emphasis on science capabilities ensures the Excalibur has fighting chance to discover crucial solutions when anomalies and mysteries loom.

Excalibur - A sword of justice in peace as well as war

EXCALIBUR-CLASS LOGISTICAL CRUISER (T6)
    ((Stats extrapolated from the T5 Temporal Battle Cruiser))
    Hull: 37,500 (41,250 with Fleet upgrade)
    Shield mod: ×1 (1.1 with Fleet upgrade)
    Weapons: Fore 4 Aft 4. (may NOT equip dual cannons)
    Bridge Officers: Lieut Tac-Temporal; Cmdr Eng; LtCmd Sci; Ensg Sci; Lieut Uni-Temporal
    Devices: 3
    Consoles: T3/E4/S3 (S4 with Fleet upgrade)
    Turn Rate: 10
    Impulse: ×0.15
    Inertia: 55
    Power: +5 to all power levels

Excaliber%20Beauty%20Small_zpsw6ncad1r.jpg

Ship Skills:
    Strategic Maneuvering
    Shield Frequency Modulation
    Weapon System Efficiency
    Attract Fire

Achieving Mastery Level 5 with the Excalibur grants a unique ship skill:

A stitch in Time -- Activating an Engineering or Temporal skill gives you a +5% defense, +5% projectile damage, and 30 kinetic resistance for 10 seconds (stacks up to 4 times).

The Excalibur-class comes with a unique "Heavy Support Replicators" console. Able to provide relief and supplies to entire colonies, the Excalibur can replicate needed commodities at a discount and is able to produce and deploy a variety of resources with remarkable speed in battle. The additional power handling capacity provides a passive bonus to all energy weapon damage when in combat. This console may be equipped on any Federation Logistics Cruiser.

[Console - Universal - Heavy Support Replicators]
    +6% directed energy weapon damage (all types)
    +6% torpedo recharge speed
    Price to replicate Commodities reduced by 15%
    +60% recharge speed for consumables and dropped "platform" abilities

Excaliber%20Beauty%20Pass%20Small_zpsno0tdjbl.jpg
    might be a hair OP but I think we have a sellable concept there
    Every1 seen the jjprise conatitution class bridge? They only make bridges to go with ships................
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    @borticuscryptic if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to tell us this is ridiculously overpowered :smiley:...

Excalibur%20Framed_zps6ekhkvzy.jpg

How did you get this wonderful white on the ship?

The material now makes me think I might actually want this ship after all.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Exeter comes with the Type 5 you can use an all the hulls.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.