test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One of the COOLEST ship designs Cryptic ever made...wasted =(

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'm going to have to use the Prostitute without a condom reference around you a lot it seems nagus.

You can use whatever reference you want, but that doesn't change my request.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I'm going to have to use the Prostitute without a condom reference around you a lot it seems nagus.

than I guess I am adding on to your request with something logical and not because CBS exect is the next Donald Trump of STO.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited March 2016

than I guess I am adding on to your request with something logical and not because CBS exect is the next Donald Trump of STO.

I've heard you talk about the person in question a lot over the years, and I understand you are unhappy with their decisions. That said, I'm going to politely ask you to keep personal attacks out of this thread. Thanks.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

I've heard you talk about the person in question a lot over the years, and I understand you are unhappy with their decisions. That said, I'm going to politely ask you to keep personal attacks out of this thread. Thanks.[/quote]

you've read my blogs? That makes me happy.

Like my fanpage!
  • Options
    stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    samt1996 wrote: »
    The reason CBS said "no T4/5/6 connie" is because it would be silly to have a ship that old performing at end game levels.

Umm... is this seriously the reason? The Klingon BoPs are just as old. The Romulan BoP is even older. Yet both are still being flown endgame.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    *sings*the forums are alive with the sounds of but thurt!

Seriously.... if yall spent less time trying to bash the request for an original 2410era starship this thread wouldn't still be on the front page every week.

That said, keep it up, it might finally get us a word from Ricossa or Borticus
  • Options

Seriously.... if yall spent less time trying to bash the request for an original 2410era starship this thread wouldn't still be on the front page every week.

Or CBSTrumpman himself.

Like my fanpage!
  • Options

Or CBSTrumpman himself.

yeah... if anyone from cbs actually reads these forums, I'll actually buy a scimitard with cash
  • Options

Or CBSTrumpman himself.

yeah... if anyone from cbs actually reads these forums, I'll actually buy a scimitard with cash

they got better things to worry about. Like cancelling Supergirl when its doing so damn well.

Like my fanpage!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

Or CBSTrumpman himself.

they got better things to worry about. Like cancelling Supergirl when its doing so damn well.

They haven't Officially cancelled it yet.
    But it's not getting the ratings they expected any more.
    Personally, I think it should move to the CW.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options

that would be a mercy killing..... its bad when you make syfy's intentionally horrible apocalypse movies look like centers of good writing and fabulous acting...
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I'm a bit confused why people are saying 'no' "because it looks too much like the connie".

The Galaxy class was based upon the same 'mindset'/design philosophy (saucer section/star drive section, primary/secondary hulls) of the constitution class (as are pretty much every kind of Star fleet ships since then, bar a few exceptions).

From what I can see the Galaxy Class launched in 2364 and the Excalibur class launched in 2391, which means it is actually newer than the Galaxy class, Sovereign class, Defiant class, and quite a few other 'recent' starships.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    PLEASE say something because this dead horse has been beaten to the point its become Mashed Potatoes.

If I was a forum moderator here (and I'm not thank god) this would p*** me off.

This forum was first created back in Jan with now 16 pages worth of discussion. Take a hint, obviously this has nothing to do with what you are saying, otherwise, it probably would have been shut down a very long time ago.

It's not for you to determine if this thread is acceptable or not.

Oh, and I very much still support having the Excalibur class as an 'end game' ship. Fantastic opportunity for Cryptic.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Once again... for all intents and purposes, the Excalibur IS a Connie. Doesn't matter what skin you put on her, she's a Connie under the hood. Its no different than taking a VW Bug and turning into a dune buggy. Its still a VW Bug under the hood.

LOL :D WTF did I just read?!? :confused:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VaF8JKpgM

That's like saying that eating macaroni and lasagna is the same thing, because they're both pasta "under the hood". :D

Listen @rattler2 - you're coming off as extremely arrogant and petty here. You don't own this forum, nor do you have more say in anything that goes on around here than me, the Nagus or Bobo the Monkey. If you don't like a discussion, then just skip it as the Nagus suggested and be done with it. I don't like @newromulan1 poll that suggests it might be a time for T6-U ships either, but you don't see me trying to close down his thread.
    Also, constantly harassing and whining to the mods about anything you don't like to see or you think it shouldn't be discussed on these boards that a couple of you guys are doing as of late is very childish. It's becoming aggravating and frankly - it's very stupid. You need to grow up and realize that the forum and the topics of discussion can't be tailored by the whims of one person, if you wanted this much control over who debates what - you should have applied for a moderator.

The Nagus has kept things and everyone else very civil in this thread, we're discussing game related things and not breaking any rules whatsoever. The fact of the matter is that an answer to the question of this topic has never been given and if you think that another answer for another thing implied an answer to this question here - then good for you, but as you can see many people still want to hear a real answer directly related to the question in hand - the Excalibur.
    I'm 100% sure that if a dev. or someone higher up shows up and gives an answer to this, whatever the answer might be, the Nagus would be the first one to ask the thread to be closed because it'd have served it's purpose. So just chill out and skip the thread if the discussion bothers you this much.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Once again... for all intents and purposes, the Excalibur IS a Connie. Doesn't matter what skin you put on her, she's a Connie under the hood. Its no different than taking a VW Bug and turning into a dune buggy. Its still a VW Bug under the hood.

@pwlaughingtrendy
    @jodarkrider

PLEASE say something because this dead horse has been beaten to the point its become Mashed Potatoes.

I think you may be confused Rattler; the Excalibur was commissioned a VERY long time after the Constitution class, even after Galaxy/Sovereign from what I can see. So I don't think your analogy works the Excalibur is most definitely not a 'connie' under the hood, its a completely different class of ship made much, much later.

I'm also confused why you are 'begging' trendy and j.rider to say/do something... if the discussion really bothers you to the point where you cannot bare to look at it, why not stop visiting the thread? As far as I can see people are acting in a civil manner.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    technically nagus requested a t6 excalibur not a t6 connie, since there is apparently some weight heading towards the t6 connie, which means right now nagus idea is still dead for all intents and purposes.
    Long story short:

1) Make a T6 Excalibur.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    It is very telling that this thread has not been closed up to this point.
    (the conflict recently arising, could be it's downfall though)
    It might just be that we are eventually going to get some kind of T-6 Heavy Cruiser, or else Trendy feels that this discussion ISN'T violating any of the rules. (which has also kept any of the other Mod's from closing it as well)

I'm hoping for the former.

1435873535-73209c21dec8e08ea18d41a5cc144c0d.jpg

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    It might just be that we are eventually going to get some kind of T-6 Heavy Cruiser, or else Trendy feels that this discussion ISN'T violating any of the rules. (which has also kept any of the other Mod's from closing it as well)

there is already an advanced heavy cruiser at t6 as it is, why would starfleet need another obsolete class heavy cruiser in circulation at t6? doesnt make much sense considering the other t6 cruisers like the guardian.

as for violation of rules, its not our place to state one way or the other about how it is moderated, that is upto the mods and trendy to decide that.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Here is MY Prediction: The Excalibur, or a ship very much like it, WILL be added to the game ONE MONTH BEFORE the STO severs shut down for good...when ever that may happen.

How do I know?

Remember the awesome C store T5 ships that were rolled out to us one month BEFORE T6 hit? How much money do you think Cryptic raked in on that deal? I bet a toilet bowl full. Many toilet bowls full, I bet.

SO. Watch out, when you finally get what you're asking for. It will be the last great 'Live Long and Prosper' salute for Star Trek Online.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    thetanine wrote: »
    Here is MY Prediction: The Excalibur, or a ship very much like it, WILL be added to the game ONE MONTH BEFORE the STO severs shut down for good...when ever that may happen.

How do I know?

Remember the awesome C store T5 ships that were rolled out to us one month BEFORE T6 hit? How much money do you think Cryptic raked in on that deal? I bet a toilet bowl full. Many toilet bowls full, I bet.

SO. Watch out, when you finally get what you're asking for. It will be the last great 'Live Long and Prosper' salute for Star Trek Online.​​

apparently the recent podcast with al rivera puts his plans on the game lasting to 2018 at the very least. but of course, im sure thats your way of saying the game is fine?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

there is already an advanced heavy cruiser at t6 as it is, why would starfleet need another obsolete class heavy cruiser in circulation at t6? doesnt make much sense considering the other t6 cruisers like the guardian.

as for violation of rules, its not our place to state one way or the other about how it is moderated, that is upto the mods and trendy to decide that.
    Well Mr. curmudgeon.jpg,

I was merely pointing out what has occurred so far, posting my speculations, not some indefatigable statement of fact.
    Jeepers-kreepers.
    smh
  • Options
    thetanine wrote: »

First, sized fixed. That said, the time frame for when the game shuts down is out of our control. That being the case, all people can do is ask for *whatever they would like to happen* in the here and now. If we get an end game Excalibur sometime soon, great! If it happens just before the game closes, well, better late than never. It it never happens at all, oh well. Either way, your scenario does not factor into my request.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

Well Mr. Curmudgeon, I was merely pointing out what has occurred so far, posting my speculations, not some indefatigable statement of fact.
    Jeepers-kreepers.
    smh

and i answered your speculation with my own, voicing simply what the logic in such a speculative statement is.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So now, according to Mr. Gecko in a recent podcast, a T-6 Connie is "PLAUSABLE"...

So much for the BIG "NO, Not Ever".

MV5BMTgxMzc2OTQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ2OTgwNjE@._V1_.jpg

<chuckle>
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    So he gave a Dumb and Dumber answer, so there is a shot!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So now, according to Mr. Gecko in a recent podcast, a T-6 Connie is "PLAUSABLE"...

What is your source?

***edit***

Nevermind, I saw the thread. I still need to hear this for myself though(I'll be listening to the cast today).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    eldarion79 wrote: »

Heh...
    Yeah, it's still probably a really LONG-Shot though.
    LoL
    B)
  • Options
    edited March 2016

<chuckle>

doesnt mean it is confirmed yet. right now it is a suggestion. however recent pictures of 11.5 has tempered my skepticism somewhat, of course i still have questions if that connie i saw in that teaser is a t6 connie, pre-refit 1.

Heh...
    LoL
    B)

assuming he isnt referring to you. no name given as to whom it was pointed to.
  • Options
    doesnt mean it is confirmed yet. right now it is a suggestion.

Right. But even calling it plausible would be a HUGE reversal at this point, after we've gotten the definitive "NO" for years. Again though, I have yet to hear this for myself and will be listening today.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016

<chuckle>

doesnt mean it is confirmed yet. right now it is a suggestion. however recent pictures of 11.5 has tempered my skepticism somewhat, of course i still have questions if that connie i saw in that teaser is a t6 connie, pre-refit 1.

Heh...
    LoL
    B)

assuming he isnt referring to you. no name given as to whom it was pointed to.

I think it's already been confirmed elsewhere that the Connie in the new trailer is what we have now, just prettied up a bit for show.

But, I believe that They wouldn't show anything else at this point, as it would give away what They are planning.
    B)
This discussion has been closed.