test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One of the COOLEST ship designs Cryptic ever made...wasted =(

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    So now, according to Mr. Gecko in a recent podcast, a T-6 Connie is "PLAUSABLE"...

So much for the BIG "NO, Not Ever".

MV5BMTgxMzc2OTQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ2OTgwNjE@._V1_.jpg

<chuckle>

doesnt mean it is confirmed yet. right now it is a suggestion. however recent pictures of 11.5 has tempered my skepticism somewhat, of course i still have questions if that connie i saw in that teaser is a t6 connie, pre-refit 1.
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    So he gave a Dumb and Dumber answer, so there is a shot!

Heh...
    Yeah, it's still probably a really LONG-Shot though.
    LoL
    B)

assuming he isnt referring to you. no name given as to whom it was pointed to.

I think it's already been confirmed elsewhere that the Connie in the new trailer is what we have now, just prettied up a bit for show.

But, I believe that They wouldn't show anything else at this point, as it would give away what They are planning.
    B)

i wasnt exactly clear i what i meant by the t6 connie, it could also be a t1 npc connie for all we know. i was wondering if it is a t6 connie. considering the "spikes" on the bussard collector, it is clearly a pre-refit model.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    So now, according to Mr. Gecko in a recent podcast, a T-6 Connie is "PLAUSABLE"...

So much for the BIG "NO, Not Ever".

MV5BMTgxMzc2OTQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ2OTgwNjE@._V1_.jpg

<chuckle>

doesnt mean it is confirmed yet. right now it is a suggestion. however recent pictures of 11.5 has tempered my skepticism somewhat, of course i still have questions if that connie i saw in that teaser is a t6 connie, pre-refit 1.
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    So he gave a Dumb and Dumber answer, so there is a shot!

Heh...
    Yeah, it's still probably a really LONG-Shot though.
    LoL
    B)

assuming he isnt referring to you. no name given as to whom it was pointed to.

I think it's already been confirmed elsewhere that the Connie in the new trailer is what we have now, just prettied up a bit for show.

But, I believe that They wouldn't show anything else at this point, as it would give away what They are planning.
    B)

i wasnt exactly clear i what i meant by the t6 connie, it could also be a t1 npc connie for all we know. i was wondering if it is a t6 connie. considering the "spikes" on the bussard collector, it is clearly a pre-refit model.

Ummm... No it's not a T-6 Connie. You are correct.
    It is the T-1 model we already have in the game, but with the 1701 added to pretty it up for the trailer.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
    technically nagus requested a t6 excalibur not a t6 connie, since there is apparently some weight heading towards the t6 connie, which means right now nagus idea is still dead for all intents and purposes.

If it's true that the T5/6 connie is a possibility, surely this make it even more likely that the Excalibur will eventually be included in the game? considering its a significantly newer ship than the connie? So perhaps it's not quite dead in the water.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    equinox976 wrote: »
    technically nagus requested a t6 excalibur not a t6 connie, since there is apparently some weight heading towards the t6 connie, which means right now nagus idea is still dead for all intents and purposes.

If it's true that the T5/6 connie is a possibility, surely this make it even more likely that the Excalibur will eventually be included in the game?

this thread strictly writing is about a t6 excalibur, not a t6 connie. thats where the technicality comes into it. now i have no idea for certain if the devs decide to split the excalibur from the connie and let the connie have its own classification for an event or if they decide to take the excalibur, but thats not the problem here, the issue is that if there is a t6 excalibur, not a t6 connie.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Either way, I'm good.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I know you don't like my viewpoint/theory that the ban is a logical extension of keeping the visual space clear around the JJ Trek Enterprise. The good news is if that model is true, then lifting the ban becomes "plausible" once the 6 month moratorium after Star Trek: Beyond's release has run its course. Basically the same time a new show can come out, some old restrictions that STO got swept up in also expire.

So probably not 5.5.16, but next year your odds of getting what you want go way up. If I'm not crazy.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I know you don't like my viewpoint/theory that the ban is a logical extension of keeping the visual space clear around the JJ Trek Enterprise. The good news is if that model is true, then lifting the ban becomes "plausible" once the 6 month moratorium after Star Trek: Beyond's release has run its course. Basically the same time a new show can come out, some old restrictions that STO got swept up in also expire.

So probably not 5.5.16, but next year your odds of getting what you want go way up. If I'm not crazy.

that is awesome to hear. thanks for the vote of confidence.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    In that thread about gecko saying a t6 connie is plausible someone said he did not actually say it and that it was just speculation
    before he came on/ I have not watched it myself so i cant confirm or deny.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    conkav22 wrote: »
    In that thread about gecko saying a t6 connie is plausible someone said he did not actually say it and that it was just speculation
    before he came on/ I have not watched it myself so i cant confirm or deny.

I listened to the whole 2hrs.. the Geck didnt say jack about connies at all in any tier
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    It was just the P1 guys speculating about a T6 connie guys. This thread is about a T6 Exeter, Vesper and Exclabier tho to remind u
    kekvin wrote: »
    It was just the P1 guys speculating about a T6 connie guys. This thread is about a T6 Exeter, Vesper and Exclabier tho to remind u

Actually, it's not. This thread is about the Excalibur alone. If they throw in those other skins, that's fine, but it's not part of my actual request.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Who revived this semi zoombie thread?

Please put this thread out of misery...NOT another OLD fossil (Connie/Excalibur) ship thread???. Its one of the ships some love to hate fish-6.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    storules wrote: »

Please put this thread out of misery...NOT another OLD fossil (Connie/Excalibur) ship thread???. Its one of the ships some love to hate fish-6.gif

My grandpa would love one of those...too​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.

Actually, it's not. This thread is about the Excalibur alone. If they throw in those other skins, that's fine, but it's not part of my actual request.

prostitute without a condom. once again

Like my fanpage!
    storules wrote: »

This thread has never been old enough to be zombied. And if you don't want to read it, all you have to do is not click on it. That is why you have free will.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

You can say that a million times, but it doesn't actually change my request.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

I noticed you said you'd be fine with the other skins if possible. So sorry. at least you're sounding open minded lately.

Like my fanpage!

I noticed you said you'd be fine with the other skins if possible. So sorry. at least you're sounding open minded lately.

I'm not *opposed* to more skins, I'm just not *asking* for them. I'm keeping my actual *request* focused on the Excalibur itself, for various reasons.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

I'm not *opposed* to more skins, I'm just not *asking* for them. I'm keeping my actual *request* focused on the Excalibur itself, for various reasons.

Have you seen my epic baby? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655197029 this kinda helps my case though. :)

Like my fanpage!
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Excalibur T6 is a great idea, however they should really make it bigger and more detailed.
    Dosen't this all come down to the same principal of Exeter, they look to much like the Connie so they get the same bully treatement from CBS?
    21ajpqt.png
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Theres an endgame level tos connie in st timelines. Dnt understand y we cant have a t6 exclabier or exeter
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Well, maybe the 5.5.16 event will clear a path to get an end-game Excalibur in the game.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Saw a funny thing about the Excalibur in another thread. It was stated the Excalibur is "too small" to get more weapon slots or more powerful weapons.

However the Nova class which is about 100 meters shorter in length somehow at tier 2 with a 2/2 weapons set up can be upgraded to the standard tier 5/6 3/3 setup and the defiant which is even SMALLER can go from the 3/3 at tier 4 to a 4/3 at tier 5 and 6, but SOMEHOW the significantly larger Excalibur can't get more weapons crammed in.

And I'm basing this off of the fact the Constitution class comes in around 300 meters or so according to memory alpha. So a ship 221 meters long(Nova) and another about 151 meters long(Defiant, both based on numbers from Memory Alpha website) can cram in more weapons but a ship 300 meters in length now somehow can't?

Can someone explain this to me?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited April 2016
    talonxv wrote: »
    Saw a funny thing about the Excalibur in another thread. It was stated the Excalibur is "too small" to get more weapon slots or more powerful weapons.

However the Nova class which is about 100 meters shorter in length somehow at tier 2 with a 2/2 weapons set up can be upgraded to the standard tier 5/6 3/3 setup and the defiant which is even SMALLER can go from the 3/3 at tier 4 to a 4/3 at tier 5 and 6, but SOMEHOW the significantly larger Excalibur can't get more weapons crammed in.

And I'm basing this off of the fact the Constitution class comes in around 300 meters or so according to memory alpha. So a ship 221 meters long(Nova) and another about 151 meters long(Defiant, both based on numbers from Memory Alpha website) can cram in more weapons but a ship 300 meters in length now somehow can't?

Can someone explain this to me?

Like I said in the other thread, arguments about ship size using real life logic don't apply in STO. Why? Because STO *already* contradicts that logic. There are *already* small low level ships that have small high level versions. So any argument using real life logic that is *already* contradicted by what we have in the game is an invalid argument.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Paradox(T6) - ATF - I'm done.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
    edited April 2016
    bjornfried wrote: »
    I still think, she's ugly as the night in a Klingon gaypub.

Oh wow; I wonder how I should respond to such a deep, well reasoned argument. Oh, I know! I'll just quote what I said the last time you made the same post in this thread:

Its ugly.

Thanks for the bump! And yes, there are some people who think *your* favorite ship is ugly too. There is no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to subjective taste.

:D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

so... youve been to one of these.... this explains much about you... *backs away slowly*
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User

so... youve been to one of these.... this explains much about you... *backs away slowly*

i wandered into one by accident...was a very 'interesting' night, but couldn't walk straight for a month after​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.