test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Many Moons have passed.. How do you like the Forum now..?

1234568»

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    Don't like them (even with the fixes from asterelle and nrglg)
    xbalanke wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointer!
    Rather than installing another extension in Chrome (trying to keep the number as low as possible), I did it by adding a small self made userscript in Tampermonkey which I already need for the forums enhancement script anyways. Admitted, it's JS instead of CSS, but it saves me an extension (for now at least).. :)

The following snippet in the DOM content load event seems to have done it..
    $( ".DismissMessage.CasualMessage" ).css( "display", "none" );

so pretty much what you said, only in JS form.

Ah yeah that works too haha. I forget that not everybody likes having a dozen+ extensions installed. :)

Could this make it's way into the vanilla enhancement?​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Like them (with the fixes from asterelle and nrglg)
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointer!
    Rather than installing another extension in Chrome (trying to keep the number as low as possible), I did it by adding a small self made userscript in Tampermonkey which I already need for the forums enhancement script anyways. Admitted, it's JS instead of CSS, but it saves me an extension (for now at least).. :)

Ah yeah that works too haha. I forget that not everybody likes having a dozen+ extensions installed. :)

Could this make it's way into the vanilla enhancement?

You'd have to ask @asterelle about that, though I'm not sure if he'd want to add things which hide announcements like that from view unless people were fully aware it was being done and they made the choice to do so.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • asterelleasterelle Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    Thanks for the pointer!

Could this make it's way into the vanilla enhancement?

You'd have to ask @asterelle about that, though I'm not sure if he'd want to add things which hide announcements like that from view unless people were fully aware it was being done and they made the choice to do so.

Yeah it's kind of a weird use case but maybe it would make sense as a part of @eiledon 's filter addon? That will find it's way into main extension soon enough.
    ​​
    Sounds cool, even if it only adds a close gadget as an option, definitely should show message by default either way.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asterelleasterelle Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    As a side note it looks like STO has a lot more Enhance users than my game tiger-32.gif
    Hmm maybe I should add some kind of benefit for referring.
    ​​
    There's a lot of us space cadets out here in vanilla land now, we come in peace vQTD03D.png​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Like them (with the fixes from asterelle and nrglg)
    we come in peace

Shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill! X1lhMI3.png
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    The biggest issue this ugly forum has: Its only using 50% of my screen. It has great potential and is wasting most of it...kinda reminds me of STO
    dgdolph wrote: »
    The biggest issue this ugly forum has: Its only using 50% of my screen. It has great potential and is wasting most of it...kinda reminds me of STO

Enhancement fixes that with fluid width.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif