test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yeah, sorry guys, but cyber stalking is when someone uses a computer to actually stalk someone else.

It's not someone in a video game not getting their own way at a video game dance party.

I'm still not convinced some of you aren't just posting this inane narcissistic stuff to get a rise out of people.

Yeah sorry, but you don't get to make that definition.

• oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    these trolls are basically so sad and lonely that they're about 5 minutes away from self-harming. they no longer have a reason to breath or wake up in the morning, only when they can make others feel as they do will their existence be justified. those who defend them are just as bad. these forums need an ignore function so the normal people can carry on having what fun can be found in this game without having to read the moronic outpourings of trolls.
    also, trendy, i'm still not re-banned from calling out rednecks from the old forums, i hope this will do the trick :)
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    tekehd wrote: »
    I think the people here are absurd and running off the rails trying to proclaim dancing too close amounts to cyber bullying.

Actually no, they are not calling "dancing too close" cyberbullying. They are calling chasing a person around instances purely for the purpose of dancing on top of and jumping over their toon whereever they go even after being asked to stop cyberbullying. In this they are right.

How though? So the party moved instances. The 'offending' player changed instances with them to stay with the party. Simple.

This seems more about not being able to control/dictate who attends a public party than about all the other wild claims made.

Yes ,well when your intent to "stay with the party" is to specifically engage in harrassment of a person at the party.... yes.... that is not what you do, PERIOD. There is no way you can justify it to me. So don't even try.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I think the people here are absurd and running off the rails trying to proclaim dancing too close amounts to cyber bullying.

Your fleet keeps forgetting the instance stalking that went with it.

Who cares? It's not like they are capable of doing anything besides breaking RP immersion. Risa is available 24/7/365 and if you want to have a private party DON'T PLAN IT IN A HIGHLY POPULATED AREA. Have you ever been to a movie on opening day? Have you been to a theme park on a holiday? Well that's like Risa. If aren't prepared for a public venue as Q said, if you can't handle a little bloody nose, maybe you should go back home and crawl under your bed.

You use words like stalking, it shows no appreciation or comprehension of the magnitude of the accusation.

Also... my fleet? No, I have my own fleet. Your words give you away.
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I keep looking at the pictures in the OP, and all i see is people dancing at a dance party.

Seriously, what am I missing?

A brain if you can't see what standing right in someone's face so they block their view is a problem. Much less stalking them across multiple instances. Course, trolls, by their very definition, lack a brain. That's why they are so greatly amused by tiny things. It matches their intellects.
    This is what I really still can't wrap my head around.

If you want to have a private party, one where you can exclude people, you don't do it in a public zone, you do it in a private zone, where you can actually exclude people.

You're not royalty, people don't have to follow your commandments in the game. You can't tell someone to leave a public place and expect them to do anything except laugh in your face, ever, under any circumstances. People in the game are all equal, you have no special right to tell others what to do.

You know what is the closest thing to cyber bullying? Having a party and telling someone they aren't welcome.

When we have parties, everyone is welcome. Every single person, 100% of everyone. There is no person who is not welcome.

Star Trek is about INclusion, not EXclusion.

"Being there" is not the issue, so stop pretending it is.
    sleel43 wrote: »
    I keep looking at the pictures in the OP, and all i see is people dancing at a dance party.

Seriously, what am I missing?

A brain if you can't see what standing right in someone's face so they block their view is a problem. Much less stalking them across multiple instances. Course, trolls, by their very definition, lack a brain. That's why they are so greatly amused by tiny things. It matches their intellects.

He has a brain, he just seems to think others lack one and will buy his TRIBBLE.
    edited June 2015
    You're not royalty, you don't have some special prerogative of who gets to be in your presence, come on.

And neither are you and your ilk royalty. Just because it's a public space and you can' grief someone. Doesn't mean you have the right to. It's just means you're an TRIBBLE.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And when you go rubbing your privates against women that don't want that kind of attention and following them around at a public party you end up getting tossed out on your butt if you're lucky. More likely beaten up and arrested.

Hand to God, were I a Douwd, I'd ban Dental. No, no, you don't understand the scope of my intent. I wouldn't ban just one Dental, or a hundred, or a thousand. I would ban them all. All Dentals, everywhere.

I second this motion. Not only members, but disbanding the fleet. And whatever they need to do to make it perm so they can't get new accounts and restart. I'd even pay into a zen pool to finance it's dev costs.
    jonsills wrote: »

I was speaking from a personal experience. Your results may vary.

Uh huh. LIke all those ppl who posted tubes before they killed themselves over harassment and bullying. Cyber and rl. Wonder how many ignored what was goin on, irl and cyber, while they watched it goin on. Doin nothing. 101. Right
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User

Actually no, they are not calling "dancing too close" cyberbullying. They are calling chasing a person around instances purely for the purpose of dancing on top of and jumping over their toon whereever they go even after being asked to stop cyberbullying. In this they are right.

Please explain how this is "stalking" and "cyberbullying" when it was a public invitation for everyone to come and do just that? You do know people generally move about and dance with friends at these things, right? Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he's bullying you.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
    I hope people read my post.

Nope.
    I spent a long time making it :(

Woop-de-doo for you.

Seconded. And a La dee dah.
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    If you log on and I see you and don't like you then that makes you a cyberbully automatically because reasons.

You see how this goes.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    by arguing with these genderless trolls you're giving them the attention they crave. just state how you feel about their inability to be taken seriously in real or virtual life on ANY level, and move on :)
  • tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Funny that the biggest trollers here keep telling excuses why it isn't bullying. And if they weren't trollers, they did not keep coming back to this thread, telling everyone the same over and over again.

It's very simple. And how hard you try to defend it, the harder you fail; Cyberbullying is also stalking. Stalking is following people that don't want to be followed. Ofcourse, when people are giving open invitations, you are inviting stalkers aswell. Does that justify stalking then? Ofcourse it doesn't. The main thing here, is she asked Nbreeki to stop dancing on top of her. That is just a normal thing to ask, and you can respect that. If you keep continueing that and delibaretly following her to keep dancing on top of her, you are harassing. There is a difference between following the party, and following an user. In this case Nbreeki is following a user that asks not to. Thus, stalking, thus cyberbullying. She complaints about it, because for her it ruined the party. She has all rights to do so. And to second that: She didnt had a private party. It was open for everyone. Including Nbreeki at first. But if Nbreeki is ruining the party with (stated above) stalking, then i don't want him on my open party aswell. I really like the thought of ignoring users that also makes the player invisible.
    Trolls can't troll if their aint trolling.

You really should stop defending dentals and telling people how to think , repetitiveepic. Everytime you come up with a new excuse, people here explaining why you are wrong. Instead of admitting they are being right, you come up with just another new excuse. We all know now you love the dentals. Reversed psychology works for 12 years olds. But i guess you are in the wrong place here.
    giphy.gif
    grimrak1 wrote: »

Please explain how this is "stalking" and "cyberbullying" when it was a public invitation for everyone to come and do just that? You do know people generally move about and dance with friends at these things, right? Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he's bullying you.

You're confusing the strawman for reality. I of course kno you're doing it intentionally.... like the rest of the trolls you need to continue the justification.
    grimrak1 wrote: »

But the griefer in question wasn't moving about mingling with friends. He singled out one specific person and climbed all over her, he refused to stop and then when she left he pursued her in order to continue harassing her. The griefer is lucky he wasn't behaving this way at a real life public party because his behavior would have gotten him at the very least thrown out. Probably beaten up, and even arrested.

LOL! No, in real life he wouldn't dare to do this alone. These persons won't do anything alone. They only do it in presence of their friends. Because they will know that makes them "cool". And if things go wrong, he expects his friends to help. Oh wait, this is not only real life. It happens online too! Ha!

giphy.gif
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    wow.
    i think a lot of you take the risa dancing waaaaaay too seriously!
    edited June 2015
    You'd probably get arrested for walking around an airport shooting a flamethrower in real life.

But then, in a video game, you can do that because it's a video game and not real life. ESD and 2nd anniversary party horn.

You understand? The video game isn't real life, it isnt real, you see? It's not the same?

In real life if you directed a flame thrower at somone and activated it, it would cause them serious harm.

But in a video game, no harm at all.

You understand? The video game isn't real life, it isn't real, you see? Its not the same?

And there we go again. Standard replies. Aren't you sure you are a bot?
    Now you are comparing shooting flamethrowers with bullying. XD
    I really want to be there when you meet parents of children that got online bullied and tried to harm themselves. I want to explain the parents that you are one of those defending them. ( And secretly i think you are one of them, however it seems to fail. ) I will videotape what happens next. And put it online here. :)

giphy.gif
    wow.
    i think a lot of you take the risa dancing waaaaaay too seriously!

Oh.. I don't think it's really about that specific incident anymore tho. I think people here are prooving why those dentals shouldnt be in the game anymore. :) You really think this incident was a one-timer?

giphy.gif
    It really is sad when I see clear ignorance of actual laws being quoted and twisted based upon situation and word nomenclature.No one asked for real life personal data, no actual intent has been established other then to troll a video game party. So please do us a favor and stop quoting crimes that are nothing to do with actual law.

As for the term Griefer, that's only for people who inhibit progress or ability. Since dancing close to someone doesn't TRIBBLE progress of any sort, that doesn't apply. Troll and or Harassment sure, but stacking charges and allegations is more of a witch hunt then common sense.

The OP is better served making a topic about the in game report feature. However we both know that money and personnel is the only thing that allows faster response times. The world isn't perfect, people should learn that. Do what you can with the resources you have, stop expecting Cryptic to solve issues of being offended.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I don't generally have the issue, others do, and I have seen it. So I really do not give a hit about your tiny little opinions, TRIBBLE.
    Goodbye.

Hey guys, just a head's up! If you want to prove your point, name-calling isn't the way to go! It's not civil, it's immature, and it also leads to a bannin'.

/hammer swingith.
This discussion has been closed.