Install Arc
Options

Dear Devs, can we haz oldschool shard?

Comments

• Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    in that regards, by your own series of post, your opinion is just as valuable as that fat hobo at an intersection asking for food.

Are you suggesting that societies downtrodden don't deserve an equal voice. How very untrek of you. :)
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    I think he was trolling. It's a well known fact that noone likes the current STO.

Proof:
    http://hilbertguide.com/screenshots/2015-04-01-LeaderboardMatchesPerWeek.png
    Take a look at the submissions since DR - game = dead, noone likes it anymore.
    Really? Because of a chart, it's a fact that no one likes STO as it is? Well, it must stick in your craw to know that I like STO as it is... so there goes your "theory" that no one likes the current way STO is at the moment...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    I wouldn't propose doing anything that would effect PVE... or introduce a second game that people would have to learn. The consoles should be the same with the acception that the -p branded PvP consoles should be standard consoles. Your right could they do -p branded Universals that may work.. sure, but they won't cause they won't give them away. Part of the point is that anyone could come in even if they where away for 6 months and not have to grind out things like consoles ect to compete with anyone.

As for knowing someones console layout... so what. If you think that would help you Vs a good player your mistaken. I have never hidden any of my builds, I have have and always was more then willing to share exactly what I was doing. Guess what still found people had fits trying to counter me for the most part... and I also 100% knew exactly what the other guys was loading as well... still good players made me sweet.

There isn't anything wrong with... Particle builds running pgens... or hold builds running gravs... or drainers running flows. Its no different then saying if I see someone shoot Phasers I know what tac cosnoles there running. Of course you do unless there stupid there running phaser consoles. ;)

The consoles don't need changed... but having a system where people didn't have to grind for Uber Crafted gear, or lobi consoles for more stats... or hunt old lockboxes to get there leech/jump ect... makes it that much easier for returning players and completely new players to jump in right away. Which makes for more PvP... which believe it or not makes PvP players happy. :)

I want to help everyone. PvPers and PvE-ers. Also even with your idea there is still powers and consoles clearly better than others.

The point I was trying to make about knowing console layouts was there is consoles that blow others out the water to the point where they are pretty much a step away from leech.

Consoles(universals and basic ones) and powers do need a good once over before STO can even think about becoming an esport. If a console and power pass does not happen before your idea we are going to wind up back where we started. New players being driven away from pvp.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is it fun to sound like a douche?
    I dont know. You tell me :cool:

Edit:
    Btw, welcome to the interwebz
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The point I was trying to make about knowing console layouts was there is consoles that blow others out the water to the point where they are pretty much a step away from leech.

Really name one. Seriously.

Consider I am also saying no to all Fleet/Spire/Lobi consoles ect as well.

Really name one standard console that is on par with leech. ;)

I am not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing. You can not agree with me that consoles are part of the issue with STO pvp if that's the way you see it. Bottom line is Cryptic needs to create a system where Creep doesn't touch PvP anymore, and in a way where they don't have to restrain there Sales releases to keep from breaking there PvP game. I can't think of a way for them to do that while allowing Universal consoles in PvP. That is just same old same old... new console.. its better then the old consoles.... so grind for them or be a less then player.

Nothing you do in PvE land or $ you throw at Cryptic should give you and advantage in PvP. That is the way I (and I believe most real PvP players) view things. Trust me its not that I couldn't bring ALL the junk to a match. I can and have. I have no shortage of funds and or time to play that game if I care to. However as a True PvPers I would rather come to the match with no real advantage other then the head on my shoulders and beat someone down fair and square. (and on occasion be beaten myself) ;) A victory where nor my opponent or myself has anything to blame for a loss then them/our selves is the gold seal of a great game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Really? Because of a chart, it's a fact that no one likes STO as it is? Well, it must stick in your craw to know that I like STO as it is... so there goes your "theory" that no one likes the current way STO is at the moment...

Stop the lies. Be honest to yourself - you hate the current STO just like any other person. The numbers have proven this point.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, they could reset the Rebirth server on Tuesdays and give everyone something to do when holodeck has the unexpectedly extended maintenance periods. And wouldn't really require any dev time, just set it up and let it run, no updates.

Oh and to monetize it, make it available to subs only.

Oh devs please make a sub only server so these self entitled self absorbed snobs can be stuck on themselves together.

Call it the Ivory Tower server and give them all the amenities that those super rich whales deserve perhaps even serve them petrossian imperial reserve caviar on golden platters.

And since they are so special why not just have some imported slaves carry them around all day on golden thrones after all they are the upper crust of society regular dirt isnt good enough for them.

I cannot stand people who thinks eveything should be for sub only.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    Really name one. Seriously.

Consider I am also saying no to all Fleet/Spire/Lobi consoles ect as well.

Really name one standard console that is on par with leech. ;)

I am not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing. You can not agree with me that consoles are part of the issue with STO pvp if that's the way you see it. Bottom line is Cryptic needs to create a system where Creep doesn't touch PvP anymore, and in a way where they don't have to restrain there Sales releases to keep from breaking there PvP game. I can't think of a way for them to do that while allowing Universal consoles in PvP. That is just same old same old... new console.. its better then the old consoles.... so grind for them or be a less then player.

Nothing you do in PvE land or $ you throw at Cryptic should give you and advantage in PvP. That is the way I (and I believe most real PvP players) view things. Trust me its not that I couldn't bring ALL the junk to a match. I can and have. I have no shortage of funds and or time to play that game if I care to. However as a True PvPers I would rather come to the match with no real advantage other then the head on my shoulders and beat someone down fair and square. (and on occasion be beaten myself) ;) A victory where nor my opponent or myself has anything to blame for a loss then them/our selves is the gold seal of a great game.

Tactical consoles or that science console that boost your shield cap. Remember back in the day when scoring a purple mark XII version of those would give you loads of EC.

Back to the topic of universals. I hear this a good deal. "Why PvE? NPCs always does the same thing."

That is pretty much true of almost every team pvp match and with the lack of universals it would be true even more so.

I look at universals and item sets something new. An ace. Something to break up the ball of boring that most pvp devolve into.

Some PvPers like to ask for more maps. I quietly think to myself they barely use the ones they have. I mean really. Most space pvp is pretty much the same thing so why do they need more than one map? I can count out their tactics and movements better I can do NPCs.

Lastly, no game I can think of have what you was talking about. Poor match ups happen and you really can't blame that on yourself.

Only checkers and chess are games where it comes to nothing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Stop the lies. Be honest to yourself - you hate the current STO just like any other person. The numbers have proven this point.

Your "numbers" only show who did leaderboard matches.

Short version, it is cute but so very wrong.

If you are going to be mad at least try to back up what you say with facts.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    If they were shutting down why would they want to pay a fee???

Legally they couldn't do it so civil relationship turns into civil case or settlement.

If STO isn't a moneygrab how do you explain DR?

An endgame Constitution would generate a lot of money for STO since it is the ship that started the Star Trek franchise. If they were doing a final money grab, then they would look at the legal issues of releasing it like I suggested with "Unless it specifically mentions that STO can't use endgame Constitutions or has to follow every order that CBS tells Cryptic within reason in their contract with CBS or else pay a substantial fee".

Although sopwith has it right with even if Cryptic could get away with it, then it would harm future business that Cryptic has with other IP holders for future MMOs. Except for City of Heroes, all other Cryptic MMOs have relied on an already existing IP. So the endgame Constitution would likely be the final money grab of Cryptic not just for STO provided that some unscrupulous individual is in control of Cryptic.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You don't know me, and you don't know how I feel about stuff. I like STO as it is, and I couldn't care less what the numbers from Steam or from thin air say. They don't represent EVERY player in STO and for good reason, not everyone is like you, so you should stop pretending that your opinion matters more than anyone else's opinion. You, dgdolph, are wrong in one aspect: not everyone dislikes the game as it currently is... that's a fact.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You don't know me, and you don't know how I feel about stuff. I like STO as it is, and I couldn't care less what the numbers from Steam or from thin air say. They don't represent EVERY player in STO and for good reason, not everyone is like you, so you should stop pretending that your opinion matters more than anyone else's opinion. You, dgdolph, are wrong in one aspect: not everyone dislikes the game as it currently is... that's a fact.

More than likely, that is just one of the entitled cry baby whiners that thinks that saying that their minority view is the majority it makes it true and the developers should bow down, lick their boots and tailor the game specifically for them only.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gamer940 wrote: »
    More than likely, that is just one of the entitled cry baby whiners that thinks that saying that their minority view is the majority it makes it true and the developers should bow down, lick their boots and tailor the game specifically for them only.

Ok fair enough. After you guys fell for it, let me correct it the way I do honestly believe it is:

Almost all PvPers dislike the current game as it is - and the numbers do really prove that point.

Sry, I couldn't resist to troll back on some issues.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Almost all PvPers dislike the current game as it is - and the numbers do really prove that point.

Sounds more correct, but those are the sorts that need to get over themselves and quit spreading their falsehoods of "pay-to-win" and other such TRIBBLE. Honestly, if they hate the game so much, then they should just stop playing and uninstall. Good riddance to them anyway, as I have run into very few major PvP players in games that aren't massive douche-waffles who would love nothing more than to sit around killing newbies for kicks.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Sounds more correct, but those are the sorts that need to get over themselves and quit spreading their falsehoods of "pay-to-win" and other such TRIBBLE. Honestly, if they hate the game so much, then they should just stop playing and uninstall.

Well since you do not seem to know...thats exactly what a lot of us did (I guess about 95% including me).
    Good riddance to them anyway, as I have run into very few major PvP players in games that aren't massive douche-waffles who would love nothing more than to sit around killing newbies for kicks.
    Seems you only ran into a very small minority of STO PvPers. The majority was very kind and willing to help any newbie ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Seems you only ran into a very small minority of STO PvPers. The majority was very kind and willing to help any newbie ;)

I'm guessing they don't hang out on the forums
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well since you do not seem to know...thats exactly what a lot of us did (I guess about 95% including me).

Now your next step is to quit trolling the forums with your BS.

MMO PvP player or MUD PvP player. They're all the same. They just want to sit around challenging and killing players new to their level range to raise their kill counts and talk ****.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm guessing they don't hang out on the forums

They do, but what reactions are you guys expecting when you keep on insulting them :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Now your next step is to quit trolling the forums with your BS.

MMO PvP player or MUD PvP player. They're all the same. They just want to sit around challenging and killing players new to their level range to raise their kill counts and talk ****.

I made 2 post in this topic that were kinda...trollish, but easy to identify as a joke. All the other posts were dead serious and no trolling at all. You on the other hand are just posting here to insult me and all other PvPers. Honestly, think about it. ;)

Btw, I never liked to pug stomp. I loved to challange other pvp teams, preferably better fleets so we could learn from them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    They do, but what reactions are you guys expecting when you keep on insulting them :rolleyes:

Can I get out my highlight reel of salt?

The greatest hit was the bomb threat made against Cryptic over the t6 bugship that happen in the pvp part of the forums.

It is not all pvpers. I'm willing to say that but come on. A good 6 out of ten closed threads is PvP born
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most space pvp is pretty much the same thing so why do they need more than one map? I can count out their tactics and movements better I can do NPCs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVPdyYeaQU
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I made 2 post in this topic that were kinda...trollish, but easy to identify as a joke. All the other posts were dead serious and no trolling at all. You on the other hand are just posting here to insult me and all other PvPers. Honestly, think about it. ;)

If you have, in fact, left the game, then the only purpose you serve here is trolling those who do enjoy the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »

And for a second I thought this was going to be a video to prove me wrong.

edit:I looked at one of the videos in your sig and 20 seconds in you have already done step 1 of most pvp matches. It was your newest video too
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you have, in fact, left the game, then the only purpose you serve here is trolling those who do enjoy the game.

Like many other PvPers I'm not here to troll, neither am I here to destroy your gaming experience. I'm here to find out if and when the situations for PvP players is going to improve. Because all those guys who left the game are willing to return if that happens.

Just because I dislike the current state of the game, you tell me, I have no right to raise my voice and write down my opinion and wishes?
  • Options
    zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Simple fact is ppl ofload so much money into this game with lockbox and other ships and consoles and other stuff you need to pay your real life money for, the stfs where made in 2008-2009 or something and thats the only real good pve content there is in the game. Just a thought.
    Noone.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And for a second I thought this was going to be a video to prove me wrong.

Wasn't aware you made any valid point in this thread so far.

So far, everything you wrote is a hilarious display of, let's call it "mental fatigue" :p

But I don't wanna get to mean at this point.

Keep it up, I need something to laugh at. ;)
    edit:I looked at one of the videos in your sig and 20 seconds in you have already done step 1 of most pvp matches. It was your newest video too

20 seconds in? You mean warping into a map? That's a necessary evil for playing matches and I won't apologize for it. ;)

• Options
    edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Wasn't aware you made any valid point in this thread so far.

So far, everything you wrote is a hilarious display of, let's call it "mental fatigue" :p

But I don't wanna get to mean at this point.

Keep it up, I need something to laugh at. ;)

20 seconds in? You mean warping into a map? That's a necessary evil for playing matches... ;)

Point: Most pug pvp matches have a checklist actions that happens most of the time.

Also you warped into the map at 12 seconds.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Point: Most pug pvp matches have a checklist actions that happens most of the time.

Just as most sensible actions and activities a person does in life. That's supposed to be a point?

Is there anything you find offensive in the video (which is not a pug-match btw) that you might want us to tell?