Install Arc
Options

Dear Devs, can we haz oldschool shard?

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Anyone with any type of mental function left on these forums. I'm sorry my opinion, which is shared by at least ninety percent of the player base, triggered you and that you have an awful enough personality to think of my posting as nothing more than a means to provoke angered reactions from people.

I would suggest stepping away from the keyboard and calming down before you reply with any sort of response.

Anyone with any type of mental function left on these forums that came to the conclusion that the game is dead and not worth their time would find better things to do with their time than post on these forums. Life is too short to waste time on things not worth a person's time.

As far as your opinion being shared by 90% of the playerbase, then it obviously false due to the game would not exist if 90% of the playerbase thought that the game was not worth their time.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It would be interesting to see old school STO. A lot of things have been added onto STO over the years as well as the power creep. DPS wasn't as rampant as it is now. Science was a lot more powerful in those days. Not in terms of damage power but in that practically the entirety of its skill selection were actually useful and not pointless the way it is now if it isn't CC and Exotic Dmg. Phasers were the unquestioned king of weapons, IMO, as a former PVPer. Back then there was no Phaser proc lockout, no Subsystem Shutdown lockout (oh Viral Matrix, it's been a long time since you had any relevance in this game).

The game early on was a lot more balanced, though less features. More builds were viably good back then instead of the more tight focus on DPS that exists these days. The NPCs weren't 700k HP Recluse Mooks that we have now.

Ships were more specialized. A ship with LtCdr out of its main speciality was very rare.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only thing in the last 3-4 Years that cryptic made good was Bringing the OLD STO on Redshirt.
    Players Liked it.. and the players still want to see it. i didnt get a chance to play it.. but i know i'd love it there. old earth space dock... very old, and easy playing.. and fun playing.

if the STO Rebirth comes back... Players will REALLY love it.. more players will be attracted to it.. old players who played this game years ago... and i bet quite a lot of players would even Pay for it.
    so please... Bring back The Old Star Trek Online to redshirt, it will make a lot of players Really happy.. like me :D
    It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone from the dev team just say anything about this? Just a quick post like:

- No, never going to happen.

or

- Yes, we're working on it.

or even...

- We'll think about it.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Can someone from the dev team just say anything about this? Just a quick post like:

or

or even...

- We'll think about it.

Let's just say no, as someone who have played since launch, today's STO is so much better, except for PvP. Admittedly, PvP during that time was fun.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So your asking them to admit a good portion of there customers don't want the product they are selling right now ?

If you want this you are saying you don't want anything they have done the last X number of years since the build you want.

Cryptic won't do something that is going to involve up keeping to entirely different games. Get real folks.

There is no version of the game ever released that would = everyone happy.

I mean if they did put up a 1.0 or 1.2 shard for people to play... what you wouldn't want them to fix the bugs on that shard ever ? Its just not realistic at all.

Really if your that unhappy with this game... and I know most of us are. Just uninstall and find something else created by a more competent / less evil developer. Its not hard to do there are plenty of good options out there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    STO Rebirth on redshirt.. would have been very cool. and fun. and they simply put it back to DR... and what did they do? they removed it after people spent Hours downloading it.

Request: For players who Miss and want the STO Rebirth back.. Please Say so.. I know i want it back.

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »

or

or even...

- We'll think about it.

no matter the answer it's probably best for them not to.

they say no fan rage from those who like it.

they say yes fan rage from those who dislike it.

Fan rage from every where if they say will think about. ether because maybe is not a no. or because maybe = yes = cryptic lied.

personally I say go ahead but make it sub only so people can get the full experience. After all people want pre ftp. :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bring it back and you shall have my money! I'd get a sub again or even LTS.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    So your asking them to admit a good portion of there customers don't want the product they are selling right now ?

Yes sure! That's what good companies do. If not everyone is happy, you try to find a way to make them happy.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There will be another April Fool's Day next year. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jammer555jammer555 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes please bring it back! Did not even manage to play because of that huge download(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I know that there will be. But they wasted 6 and more hours of my Life Waiting for me to Download it... and When i did.. they KILLED it. and what was i doing while waiting those 6-7 Hours? I was doing nothing.. The problem with Cryptic.. and PWE.. they Dont think about the players. all they think about is Money. and they dont understand.. that Money comes from the players.. and that means.. that if they loose players.. they loose money.. or well potential money.
    Players would pay for something that is actually interesting... not something boring like Delta Rising. and Many players dont know how it was when the game was Not F2P... and the ones that Were there then... They Would Probably like to re-live the memory of playing STO as it was before.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    6 hours to download it?

Did your 56k modem keep disconnecting? :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know that there will be. But they wasted 6 and more hours of my Life Waiting for me to Download it... and When i did.. they KILLED it. and what was i doing while waiting those 6-7 Hours? I was doing nothing.. The problem with Cryptic.. and PWE.. they Dont think about the players. all they think about is Money. and they dont understand.. that Money comes from the players.. and that means.. that if they loose players.. they loose money.. or well potential money.
    Players would pay for something that is actually interesting... not something boring like Delta Rising. and Many players dont know how it was when the game was Not F2P... and the ones that Were there then... They Would Probably like to re-live the memory of playing STO as it was before.

If you honestly believed it was true then the fault is your own. I don't have any sympathy for you
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    if they do put it back up.. people will pay a lot for it... People need a break from Master Keys.. Lock Boxes.. and so... and From DR grinding... it all feels like you are working.

And remember: A Game is Not fun if it feels like Work.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    April fool's jokes are not like "2 days" long. and why the hell would they be Talking about fixes for Download bugs... Plus... it was looking like it would die soon.. But THIS?

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Your reaction is totally over the top. Next time you fall for an April's Fool joke, just chuckle at yourself, and SHAKE IT OFF.

And no, "they Dont think about the players. all they think about is Money." doesn't cut it here. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    If ALL they care about is money, I'm trying to figure out how they made money off of Rebirth. No one had to pay them to download and play it. :rolleyes:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    April fool's jokes are not like "2 days" long. and why the hell would they be Talking about fixes for Download bugs... Plus... it was looking like it would die soon.. But THIS?
    There are a few April Fools jokes that last a week, a month in the absolute rarest cases... the joke lasting for an extra day doesn't necessarily mean it's serious.

And people have been saying STO has been 'looking like it would end soon' since Launch; it's never panned out thus far in 5 years
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It.... Was.... A.... JOKE!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On Champs Cryptic has an April fool's season. And it's going on right now. Foxbats every where! :eek:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    6 hours to download it?

Did your 56k modem keep disconnecting? :D

Eh, more like it being over 6 GB he had to redownload when it mysteriously vanished after a failed attempt at logging in. (Not to mention the time he spent trying to patch Redshirt from the wrong patch server.)
    If you honestly believed it was true then the fault is your own. I don't have any sympathy for you

The way I understand it, it was true - it just didn't last long enough for him to do more than the abovementioned login attempt. A pity, but the reaction is a bit over the top.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yeah.. you could really play it.. but i was too busy playing on my Delta Recruit... to notice that they fixed the log in bug. and than i missed the only chance to see it.

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There will be another April Fool's Day next year. :)
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Next time you fall for an April's Fool joke, just chuckle at yourself, and SHAKE IT OFF.

^^ the true April Fools
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^^ the true April Fools

Because heavens forbid anyone have an opinion different from you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And in about two weeks the novelty will wear off. Nostalgia lives forever only when you rarely recapture the feel of what once was. Be happy it was so fleeting so you never had to feel boredom set in.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They did say it wouldn't be up for long, for one it was apparently not stable anyway due to infrastructure development over 5 years, and they need redshirt to serve as a test server for weekly updates while Tribble serves as a preview for the next season update.
    ZiOfChe.png?1