test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Debriefing Session 28

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We have our latest report from the Debriefing Session 28! Please review this debriefing from the Mol'Rihan Detention Center in Maximum Security regarding Sela.

You can find the report here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is fundamentally unjust that Sela is prohibited from obtaining legal counsel.

Is there no one on Mol'Rihan, Qo'nos, or the various worlds of the Federation (even Holy Terra) who will move to serve as her legal representative?

Can my Captain demand Sela get counsel?
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    It is fundamentally unjust that Sela is prohibited from obtaining legal counsel.

Is there no one on Mol'Rihan, Qo'nos, or the various worlds of the Federation (even Holy Terra) who will move to serve as her legal representative?

Can my Captain demand Sela get counsel?

She committed crimes against the Romulan Republic and are subject to their laws and rules...Federation and KDF would have no authority...
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The RR isn't quite in the right here, but they're already treating her much better than she did her prisoners.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The RR isn't quite in the right here, but they're already treating her much better than she did her prisoners.

they are not but then again they are Romulans
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    lawstanzlawstanz Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Federation would have no standing to demand anything, but Republic officers certainly could and some probably would. Interesting question would be what does/doesn't D'Tan know?
  • Options
    whitelion43whitelion43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    , "then the treaties your government abides by afford me certain rights." What treaties exist between the Republic and the Empire? None as far as I know. so with that in mind she has no rights other than those allowed by the Republic. another question is who can you appoint as consul? I would only trust the Organians and they are still MIA as far as I know
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let Jarok or Drake have a go at interrogating her.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    they are not but then again they are Romulans

Exactly.

They're behaving as old-school Romulans, Romulans of the Empire, not the Republic.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have no idea what that was all about. But it was a fabulous read all the same. Sela's arrogance was delicious. I loved every minute of it.

Plus her trademark "politician" way of answering questions, while at the same time saying absolutely NOTHING. :D
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »

I am just waiting for Jack Bauer to enter the scene :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Note to self, don't become a POW of the RR.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    gambit9526gambit9526 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...and despite her former position, she could request all sorts of things by cliaming federation citizenship through her relationship to her mother.

Then, whilst still being viewed as a criminal, she would have all sorts of rights.

And form there, she could go the Tom Paris or Ensign Ro route, and booom...Denise Crosby back in starfleet duty regs, as an 'advisor' on the bridge in a mission or three.

If Cryptic hasn't already considered this, they should do so ;)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I don't understand:

Taris was held captive in one of the most secure (ahem) prisons of the Federation (facility 4028). She could escape with help from the Iconians.

If the Iconians can open up gateways everywhere, then how do you escape their prisons? They could just open up a gateway and retrieve you at any time, right?
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cute. Conveniently washing over her own crimes with BS and a lousy interrogator.

Hoping there's an option to punch her out/give her a Reason You Suck speech in the mission.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That interrogator sounds like a noob!:eek:
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    canis36 wrote: »
    Exactly.

They're behaving as old-school Romulans, Romulans of the Empire, not the Republic.

Nah, if they were truly acting like old school Romulans, she would be screaming in agony as a neural probe attempts to force the information she refuses to willing divulge out of her head. Right now she's just bored staring at the walls of her cell.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    She committed crimes against the Romulan Republic and are subject to their laws and rules...Federation and KDF would have no authority...

Federation and Klingon laws may not apply, but that doesn't mean that Federation/KDF attorneys can't move pro hac vice, with local NR counsel, to represent Sela.

It could be the best way to gain her cooperation,to boot. Show the RR is willing to bend a little bit, and see if Sela will flip on the Iconians.

Sela wants to (plea) bargain, why not indulge her?
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to admit, Sela has a point.
  • Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No torture? When did Romulans give up their backbone?
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I sure the federation is looking over the Republic's shoulder this whole time. That would have to be the reason why many high-ups haven't installed a mind probe in Sela's brain, get the info needed, and then either shoot her on the spot or turn her into a vegtable just to watch her suffer. Sela doesen't even deserve a trial and I know she will die unless the federation wants to take control of her and call the death sentence 'un-just'.

I know this would sound cold but I think Sela should be put under the same treatment her prisoners had minus the Borg implant installations but of course that would show up in the FNN the next day and some Starfleet a-hole would try and relieve Kererek then get laughed at by Romulans. I know the Klingons would do the same while Starfleet would treat her like a empress.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I really should reach the mission she reappears in on my romulan character and see how it's different.

My Fed character didn't have any personal beef with her, since he was being tricked into retrieving S31 operatives instead of seeing her crimes when she was active.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did the interrogator hit Finish Now when creating the PADD? ;)
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gambit9526 wrote: »
    ...and despite her former position, she could request all sorts of things by cliaming federation citizenship through her relationship to her mother.

Then, whilst still being viewed as a criminal, she would have all sorts of rights.

And form there, she could go the Tom Paris or Ensign Ro route, and booom...Denise Crosby back in starfleet duty regs, as an 'advisor' on the bridge in a mission or three.

If Cryptic hasn't already considered this, they should do so ;)

Except her Mother wasn't a citizen of THAT Federation, she was from a different timeline, and letting Sela get away with that stunt sets a totally insane precedent

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I have to admit, Sela has a point.

Indeed and she's already told them what to ask, it seems to me she already knows how to escape when the time comes but she wants the others to be able to fight the Iconians at least enough to not be completely wiped out and once they are all in the same condition as the empire she'll tell them the rest, save the universe and be a power in the quadrant again.

For her it's a win/win, they can't kill her or they wont get the information they need and she wont reveal the information until she gets what she wants, she is in complete control of the situation, the only thing she can't control is when the Iconians come invading.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    januhull wrote: »
    No torture? When did Romulans give up their backbone?

Oh please, dont tell me that thought had'nt crossed the RRF's mind a thousand times but the federation would screech at Kererek like b*tches if he did so even if it was to make himself feel better
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Indeed and she's already told them what to ask, it seems to me she already knows how to escape when the time comes but she wants the others to be able to fight the Iconians at least enough to not be completely wiped out and once they are all in the same condition as the empire she'll tell them the rest, save the universe and be a power in the quadrant again.

For her it's a win/win, they can't kill her or they wont get the information they need and she wont reveal the information until she gets what she wants, she is in complete control of the situation, the only thing she can't control is when the Iconians come invading.

until one of the Rebublic, Kilingons or S31 get fed up, stick her in a Mind Sifter and strip all her knowledge out and leave her a gibbering vegetable

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    lordshadow007lordshadow007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Actually, my friend, she did commit crimes against both the Federation and the Klingon Empire for which she has not stood trial.

1.) Against the Federation - Kidnapping of a Starfleet Officer, sending an imposter in his place for the brainwashing of captured officer, using captured officer as an infiltrator to kill a Klingon Governor to start a Civil War on a colony world near the Klingon/Federation boarder. In short, an act of espionage. [TNG Season 4 Episode 'The Mind's Eye']

2.) Against the Klingon Empire - Assisted Klingon criminals from the dishonored House of Duras against the legitimate Klingon government led by Chancellor Gowron, thus creating the Klingon Civil War of 2367-2368. [TNG Season 4/5 Episodes 'Redemption Parts 1 and 2']

3.) Against the Federation (Specifically against Vulcan) - Stealing surplus ships from the Qualar II Surplus yard in an attempt to conquer Vulcan by way of a Holographic Ambassador Spock publically endorsing Vulcan/Romulan Reunification that was essentially an Invasion by any other name. [TNG Season 5 Episodes 'Unification Parts 1 and 2']

With that being said, I would very much like to see where this leads storywise in the upcoming Iconian War.

Just out a bit of curiosity, when will the extragalactic threat of the Kelvins become a problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »

One problem with that. Most players (and probably npcs too) don't think she knows anything useful enough to keep her alive. Even my nicest character wouldn't consider it a big loss if she had been cut down in a crossfire.

On the other hand, didn't Denise Crosby want to give Sela a redemption arc?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Actually, my friend, she did commit crimes against both the Federation and the Klingon Empire for which she has not stood trial.

1.) Against the Federation - Kidnapping of a Starfleet Officer, sending an imposter in his place for the brainwashing of captured officer, using captured officer as an infiltrator to kill a Klingon Governor to start a Civil War on a colony world near the Klingon/Federation boarder. In short, an act of espionage. [TNG Season 4 Episode 'The Mind's Eye']

2.) Against the Klingon Empire - Assisted Klingon criminals from the dishonored House of Duras against the legitimate Klingon government led by Chancellor Gowron, thus creating the Klingon Civil War of 2367-2368. [TNG Season 4/5 Episodes 'Redemption Parts 1 and 2']

3.) Against the Federation (Specifically against Vulcan) - Stealing surplus ships from the Qualar II Surplus yard in an attempt to conquer Vulcan by way of a Holographic Ambassador Spock publically endorsing Vulcan/Romulan Reunification that was essentially an Invasion by any other name. [TNG Season 5 Episodes 'Unification Parts 1 and 2']

With that being said, I would very much like to see where this leads storywise in the upcoming Iconian War.

Just out a bit of curiosity, when will the extragalactic threat of the Kelvins become a problem?

I stand corrected...
    Your pain runs deep.