What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    nagyervinnagyervin Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Guess what, login server is down again :)
    Your Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III deals 174321 (66343) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to I.R.W. Valdore. :o
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got in and then just got disconnected while in the middle of Dust to Dust. :(
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well isn't that special. Timeouts and randomly being booted out of the game are back post maintenance patch. YIPPEE!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

you guys forgot to feed the server hamsters during down time again didnt you?
    he11blade wrote: »
    I got in and then just got disconnected while in the middle of Dust to Dust. :(

I feel ya I just opened the 2nd door after the zipline down and bamo
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess the downtime got expanded again....
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Uh-oh...

I was in. got some DOffing done, filled some R&D projects. Then, I went to look at Fleet Projects.

I knew there was something wrong when there were no projects slotted. None. Then, I noticed that our T4 Starbase was T0! I'm hoping that's caused by the fact that the game was actually already dead, I just hadn't caught up, because in the next second:

Disconnected from Server.

...and the Light is Red again...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, guess what, there is another downtime, afterall. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    cwnannwncwnannwn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The hamsters must be on strike with the dock workers. Logged in, patched, got to play maybe a minute of game time and got disconnected from the server. So much for extended downtime and fixing anything.

Guess I'll try later tonight after the hockey game.
  • Options
    panta77panta77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You people (Craptic) are bunch of amateur morons. Every fcking maintenance game is unplayable. Fire all of those morons and hire some decent programers.
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now I can't connect to the login server. Wow, I've never played an MMO that had as much downtime as STO. :(

I love Trek and STO but this is a business. I'm not sure if other Perfectworld games go down like this but someone should be held accountable. They would be in any other business, entertainment or otherwise.
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its going to be ok

They have out of the kindness of their hearts announced a fire sale. Oops I mean lobi sale.

To make up for it
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Apparently, running servers made of tribbles and used pinball machine parts isn't the best way to keep a game up and running.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yay it's up, boo it's down.....

This would be really funny except it crashed just after I spent $120 on zen for the command ships.........

Live and learn, Serves me right for spending that kinda cash on my little obsession. :rolleyes:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panta77 wrote: »
    You people (Craptic) are bunch of amateur morons. Every fcking maintenance game is unplayable. Fire all of those morons and hire some decent programers.

When you car breakdown, doesn't mean you are a bad driver.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey cryptic your server is broken again
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For most people now it is only 86% of a game. Still, it's free to play!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Time to start saving stuff on the DVR for viewing on Thursdays during maintenance glitches. Today it's read a book. Too cold to go outside and play dang it and I am NOT jumping into snowbanks in a swimsuit for fun like the neighbors are doing.
  • Options
    magicage13magicage13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was able to play STO, but my labtop kicked me off of the internet; when I went to play STO, it wouldn't let me play.
  • Options
    dolphin63dolphin63 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The North Koreans are at it again. That is the only explanation that makes sense.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lamyrs wrote: »
    When you car breakdown, doesn't mean you are a bad driver.

Raise a Vulcan eyebrow: The proper analogy is that when a car breaks down unnecessarily, it's your mechanic's fault. The players of the game are like the drivers of the car.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am NOT jumping into snowbanks in a swimsuit for fun like the neighbors are doing.

I saw a video of people doing that ! INSANE !

It's like those people who run around in shorts when it's zero outside.:confused:

Guess it's God's way of thinning the herd. :P
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Welcome to Star Trek Offline, the game that spends the entire day offline on Thurdsday because the servers are stubborn and decide not to work properly. Maybe they should write a procedure for shutting down and restarting the servers. When I was in the Navy the main engines had a book called the EOSS. It was a procedure that detailed exaclty how to start the main engines.

I am Imagining that is an MRC card in book form. Even the start up sequence is sailor-proofed in the Navy.
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    people also seem to think that coding, hunting down bugs, fixing said bug, then making sure it didnt break anything else, is an easy job. try sifting thru half a million lines of code jsut to find the 1 character that is out of line and see how long it takes you. give them their time.

http://ellisbenus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Dennis-Nedry-Jurrasic-Park-Automation-Quote.jpg

A PACA!!!! I LOVE PACAS!!!!

Look at him. LOOK AT HIM!

HE LOOKS LIKE FOOD!!!!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dolphin63 wrote: »
    The North Koreans are at it again. That is the only explanation that makes sense.

Get Seal Team 6 on it stat...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    all the shutle whent crazy and they kiled the hamster poor litle hamster