jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
downtime expanded...shocking :P

didnt see that coming...
Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
Post edited by jst455 on

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hopefully, this results in some more permanent and meaningful fixes. I would rather they take their time with it than rushing the build as soon as they can.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    IKR!? Not surprising to me, even though there's barely anything in the patch notes and my ability tray is still lagging! WELCOME TO STO! :P
    edited February 2015
    ak255 wrote: »
    IKR!? Not surprising to me, even though there's barely anything in the patch notes and my ability tray is still lagging! WELCOME TO STO! :P

How can your ability tray still be lagging if you can't get into the game?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Hopefully, this results in some more permanent and meaningful fixes. I would rather they take their time with it than rushing the build as soon as they can.

No, they're not gonna add a *real* good patch this time. They were simply patching, and then, boom, login server went kaput. Just lost and wasted extra time.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    No, they're not gonna add a *real* good patch this time. They were simply patching, and then, boom, login server went kaput. Just lost and wasted extra time.

I didn't imply they were going to add a patch, just that the additional downtime might result in some changes being more permanently fixed, rather than "sorta kinda" fixed like we've seen lately.

I try to remain optimistic.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wish the STO COMMUNITY team would give more information about maintenance & progression ...

The community guy @ NeverWinter does provide more info .....
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?848891-Neverwinter-Scheduled-Maintenance-2-19-at-6-AM-PST-%28Updated-10-19-AM-PST%29&p=10143571#post10143571

Update 1 (6:05 AM PST) Maintenance has begun.
    Update 2 (7:42 AM PST) An issue appeared with the account server that has caused a delay in the usual maintenance process. Because of this we have extended the estimated downtime by one hour to 10 AM PST.
    Update 3 (8:24 AM PST) - We've identified the issue with the account server and will be working to resolve it. However this means we will need to extend maintenance by another hour. The new estimated time is 11:30 AM PST. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
    Update 4 (9:57 AM PST) Our network engineers are continuing to work on resolving the issue. At this point we are hopeful that we can bring the servers back at 11:30 AM but if anything changes we'll let you know.
    Update 5 (10:19 AM PST) Running a few final checks and it shouldn't be much longer until the servers are unlocked. We'll keep you posted.

Guys ... i am fairly sure you have the same info available as Dwight .... why should we be looking at the "competing" games forum to find out whats happening .....
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    server down...patch server broken? lunchtime it is!!

more downtime to come :P
    lol
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That was going to be my question too.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pvpers couldn't adapt to the server being back up at the previously announced time. :(
    edited February 2015
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Wish the STO COMMUNITY team would give more information about maintenance & progression ...

The community guy @ NeverWinter does provide more info .....

Guys ... i am fairly sure you have the same info available as Dwight .... why should we be looking at the "competing" games forum to find out whats happening .....

I should join the Neverwinter forums just so I can thank Dwight for keeping us up to date with STO's downtime.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I didn't imply they were going to add a patch, just that the additional downtime might result in some changes being more permanently fixed, rather than "sorta kinda" fixed like we've seen lately.

I try to remain optimistic.

Yup, you always try and see the upside of things. :) Me, I've grown rather cynical, really, and just feel the time is lost.

I hope you're right, though; login sever has had quite a few problems of late. Would be nice if they found a more permanent way of 'fixing' it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's all about the 0.095 second shave off :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    grabnetnin wrote: »
    it's all about the 0.095 second shave off :D

For an android, that's an eternity. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ddx2kddx2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I like your attitude, it's refreshing.^^
  • thegoodorcthegoodorc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just follow it on Twitter, you get up to date news
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Actually, the reason NW has update and they know about STO is because of 2 reasons. First, NW is on the same physical server as STO, has been for over a year. Second, It is not just STO that is offline it appears the entire datacenter is offline as the account server is the same for all PWE/Cryptic games.

I'm aware of all of that. But Dwight is the only person across all three games (that I know of), that has continually updated their playerbase in regards to downtime updates on a fairly consistent basis.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • hayley2178hayley2178 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Always the same.I know if I worked like this I would lose my job.
    Remembering the weeks when an event was something to look forward to. Now every week?
    Come on this is not on.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I should join the Neverwinter forums just so I can thank Dwight for keeping us up to date with STO's downtime.

LOL, yet another STO workaround. I'm surprised they haven't posted this solution yet.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I hit brace for impact three hours ago and I'm still waiting to see the result, here's hoping I survive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LOL, yet another STO workaround. I'm surprised they haven't posted this solution yet.

Maybe they did post that "solution" already...just not here. ;)
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Welcome to Star Trek Offline, the game that spends the entire day offline on Thurdsday because the servers are stubborn and decide not to work properly. Maybe they should write a procedure for shutting down and restarting the servers. When I was in the Navy the main engines had a book called the EOSS. It was a procedure that detailed exaclty how to start the main engines.

What's more is that I bet your captain didn't have to spend 200 dil to write that manual. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They should really stop starting with "maintenance will take ~3 hours" and just call Thursday maintenance shutdown day. I don't care if they take their time, in-fact that's a good thing. Still though look at all of December, 6-8 hours of maintenance time for a "stability update" that would then crash the server in another 8 hours and need to come down again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do what Scotty would do, give us a much longer estimated time to completion and then it won't be such a continual annoyance each week or become a guessing game. I don't even read the serve downtimes that are scheduled anymore; they may as well put a note that the servers will be dipped in quatloos for two shakes of a trellian puewl - it would be just as relevent.;)
    edited February 2015
    Maybe they did post that "solution" already...just not here. ;)

Quality one-liner, as usual.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm aware of all of that. But Dwight is the only person across all three games (that I know of), that has continually updated their playerbase in regards to downtime updates on a fairly consistent basis.

I guess it just proves not all Cryptic community teams have the same level of competence (I mean how often is a Blog posted on NW that contains inaccurate info and the Community team tries to blame it on something else other then the fact that NO ONE BOTHERED TO PROOFREAD THE TEXT BEFORE POSTING IT - and did that twice in one week too.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    thegoodorc wrote: »
    Just follow it on Twitter, you get up to date news

it may shock you but not everyone has a twit account
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think you need a Twitter account just to see public posts.
  • vivessavivessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it may shock you but not everyone has a twit account

Now might be a good time to start one.