test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    i was considering actually taking my wife out on thursdays....as the game day is FUBAR.

But if by some miracle the server starts running well on thursdays this might set a dangerous precedent....
    Shall we discuss dangerous precedents?

I'm pretty sure it'd be a dangerous precedent to let on to your wife that you are choosing STO Night over Date Night as a general rule.

Just sayin'... ;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hi Steve...while we have you here, could you tell us what the ETA is for a fix on the random disconnects and CTD's that people have been experiencing since--well, about the time you took over the EP position? If you have any questions about what exactly is occurring, I think a few of your devs have personally experienced the problem and should be able to fill you in.

Also, for long-term stability, a good solid kick to CogentCo's butt would be welcome news.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm TRYING to put off doing work, but... .it is getting hard not to :(
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    grabnetnin wrote: »
    Because a good Ferengi would capitalize off everything they see and profit elsewhere, even sell t-shirts! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHHCHcough!heh heh. ..

This is what Cryptic has behind there server room door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    from cryptic boss :
    new server ? no, i need new ferrari, my second one is way over 2 years old.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    pretty soon i'll have to take my wife out to do something.....

get server up..now

Is it really that horrible to tickle her fancy? Or perhaps it's the 1001 household chores which have been put on hold. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm stuck in the woods waiting over 2 and a half hours on a tow truck ... reality hit me awhile ago
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can almost guarantee that there's no hardware issue; it seems to be a sufficiently-large, professional server system. Our problem lies with the software. In other words, Cryptic's netcode is probably screwed up.
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    Erm that's a dig at a certain person who said it in relation to the income it made and then went onto repeat it regardless of the problems we were having and not aimed at the devs as some thought.

Yes, it is such a dig. It's also a picture of Quark's cat.
  • grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is what Cryptic has behind there server room door.

yes, yes, it is a TRULY devious reference... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for the info :)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Shall we discuss dangerous precedents?

I'm pretty sure it'd be a dangerous precedent to let on to your wife that you are choosing STO Night over Date Night as a general rule.

Just sayin'... ;)

Depends on the couple. One of my friends spends a lovely romantic time tanking for his wife in WOW raids on a regular basis. The couple that games together stays together, apparently... :D

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi guys, yesterday I was thinkin about the game:

I played it before the Rep System and it was wonderful: it worked really good, nice mechanics, nice missions ... everything was... wonderful.

When I played it yesterday, it was obscene: continued lags, crappy gameplay ... what happened ?
    The cooldown on the skill tray jumped from 0.15 to 0.12, sometimes it stopped ... men, it was a nightmare.

Don't know what the devs did all this time, but I think they should really start to think about how to make the game lighter.

Its really a bad experience to play a game this way.
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well i can now say that with todays matienance wait time, i have offically downloaded sto on another pc which has taken 7 hours.
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic needs a whole new everything, people and hardware
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    czertik123 wrote: »
    from cryptic boss :
    new server ? no, i need new ferrari, my second one is way over 2 years old.
    As I drive home by Cryptic most days, I can tell you: Cryptic employees do not drive Ferraris. (And the CEO drives a modest car. Yes, he DOES have an assigned parking spot at the front of the building.)

After months of "scheduled maintenance" which extends past the intended downtime, PWE needs to re-evaluate their IT infrastructure.

Unfortunately, the former EP of STO is now fully focused on his CTO duties. And I'd wager we'll hear as much about what's going on, as we heard about STO when he was the EP.

PWE, imo, your shareholders aren't going to be thrilled about the downtimes and loss of monies as a result.
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Is it really that horrible to tickle her fancy? Or perhaps it's the 1001 household chores which have been put on hold. :P
    fancy tickling is one thing...don't want her to expect stuff though... :P
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadore wrote: »
    I'm not talking about an additional server that would be idle most the time. I'm talking about a brand new server to replace their current one.

I've forked over multiple thousands of dollars over the time I've been playing so I know they can afford a nice one.

Cryptic, your server sucks. It always has. Use my money to buy one that actually works.

You are assuming that it isn't some douche(s) doing a DDoS attack on the server.

if that's the case then getting a new server wouldn't do TRIBBLE.

Whenever the servers go down on a MMO, everyone ALWAYS assumes its crappy hardware.

A better rant would be:

Hey Cryptic, I (and many others) have given you quite a large sum of money...Please use it to invest in better Network Safeguards and Backups so the next time I complain about not having content, you can say 'We spent it on Network Safeguards and Backups'
  • jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    a new server, cared for by the same tech team....?

GIGO
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here I fixed it for you
    mvp333 wrote: »
    In other words, Cryptic's screwed up.
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rimmarie wrote: »
    You are assuming that it isn't some douche(s) doing a DDoS attack on the server.

if that's the case then getting a new server wouldn't do TRIBBLE.

Whenever the servers go down on a MMO, everyone ALWAYS assumes its crappy hardware.

A better rant would be:

Hey Cryptic, I (and many others) have given you quite a large sum of money...Please use it to invest in better Network Safeguards and Backups so the next time I complain about not having content, you can say 'We spent it on Network Safeguards and Backups'

And you're assuming that their server is fine and that they're being attacked by vicious DDoSes.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Smirk just said it's gonna take another 2 hours. That's until midnight here. way past my bedtime. I should probably log off, before I'll get nasty.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Am i missing something? I saw in a pull quote they were going to bring the game up so we could at least play while they sort out the chat stuff now its saying on the launcher it wont be back until 3 PM which is 6 for me, this is nuts! This nonsense wouldnt be so bad if when we got back in they did something for us, take your pick on what but something, instead its yeah we took your whole day of playing away be happy we let you have it and oh yeah the TRIBBLE problems will still be there! Have fun!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
    edited February 2015
    They shoulda just called it an all day Thursday downtime, that's what it is at this point.
  • saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ddesjardins Your sig is hilarious.

I give it a scrapple.
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In Europe it's down from 3pm to midnight (possibly later!). But then again that's when everyone's at work in Europe, right?
  • captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With how they run things, they should add a server news update page and when you want news it should say "Pay 7436 Dilithium to get your news now".