What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would just prefer it if they pick a day and give us advance warning before they shut down for the whole day and get their act together.
    Get all the bugs sorted, get the QoL improvements in place, get all the patches in place.
    And only bring it pack online once they are certain it all works properly.

These days you can be pretty certain that patch day is a non-starter for a lot of people so why not just go for the whole day anyway guys!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now we're at... 3:00pm PT.

Cryptic, it's unfortunate, but you've lost this player for today.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Servers will be up at 3pm PST. If you would like them up now, use 1,347,821,234 dilithium....
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just love the "we appreciate your patience" message on the launcher.

Got news for you, patience is a virtue i dont have. you want to show me "appreciation for my patience" then show it with 5 free master keys.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I would just prefer it if they pick a day and give us advance warning before they shut down for the whole day and get their act together.
    Get all the bugs sorted, get the QoL improvements in place, get all the patches in place.
    And only bring it pack online once they are certain it all works properly.

These days you can be pretty certain that patch day is a non-starter for a lot of people so why not just go for the whole day anyway guys!

yep, it's been 86% of a game now since late November. Probably due to trying to survive on the cheapest possible infrastructure.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually my money's with the guy who blames Cryptic's netcode, not their server.

Bad netcode and client/server synchronization, as well as vulnerability to packet drops or re-sends, would explain a heck of a lot of the bugs, disconnects and other issues that Cryptic keeps saying 'doesn't happen internally' or 'we can't find the problem'.

It's a pretty specialized area that they may have simply not put the resources into tuning as much as it needs to be.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is what happens when you still use an Apple IIGS for your server.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There was a turn for the worse for me after the Dyson sphere adventure zone. Since then it's been a steady and noticeable climb downwards.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    LOL... at least you cut straight to the point...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why does Cryptic use bad netcode and cause clinet/sever UI latency problems and server instability?

What was wrong with the "old code" that the game used to run on?
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Game servers are unexpectedly down.

Chat is temporarily down.

We got it. But people, you're making it look like worse than the current economical crisis.

Stop creating endless threads on how they're down, when they'll be back up and stuff.

Don't you have something better to do? Like playing War Thunder?

It's not that they'll come up faster if you keep moaning.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess we could start a kickstarter project for Cyrptic to get a new server. I hear a good one can be had for about 300k that will meet the needs of STO.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly.....I don't feel bad about this downtime....I needed the break.

It's interesting, I usually don't notice these long downtimes at all. I wouldn't have known about them if people hadn't brought it up.

I usually get my daily play in in the morning so I'm done before update time. By the time I log in the next day, the issues have been resolved.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm under the impression that Cryptic has lost all competent technical staff a while back and that the game has been in a downward spiral ever since. Lag, disconnects, client crashes and poor performance have been steadily increasing for over a year now. Perhaps more than that.

I get the feeling it's all about to reach a bursting point...
  • Options
    nwflamewalkernwflamewalker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They keep increasing the down time, they just tacked on another hour and a half,
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    I just love the "we appreciate your patience" message on the launcher.

Got news for you, patience is a virtue i dont have. you want to show me "appreciation for my patience" then show it with 5 free master keys.

/hour of missed time

2.5 has now become 9 hours today. what a cluster****
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    shandarilshandaril Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    personaly i just think the game needs a compleat reinstal =X to get rid of junk files and curruptions =P ... maybe the os needs doing too =X meh well i know its easier to just keep rebooting ..but meh

and lags are only the games issue if they happening from the server... other wise its your own connections issues.... or the route your connection happens to take ... any node your going through could be haveing issues =X ... still it would be nice if they could do something about it =X ... the intermittent droping is getting hella annoying :X

but i kinda agree... less is more in some cases =X

like scotty said :P the more complicated the plumbing ... the easier it is to break
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess we could start a kickstarter project for Cyrptic to get a new server. I hear a good one can be had for about 300k that will meet the needs of STO.

Yes if people are stupid enough to give Roberts 60+ million you would think Cryptic could find 0.005% as many morons to give them some free $.

Or you know they could reinvest some of there profits back into the game... but that is crazy talk I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Hmm, that's just a little bit more than I spent... You're like a mix of a vulcan and a ferengi with the entertainment value of a Tuvix...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm here for the chaos...at least until this game I recently purchased finishes downloading... :P
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if one were to look backward at the estimated downtime vs the actual downtime. on e would find that this is unacceptable.
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ROFL! Talk about entitlement issues. At best you could argue a refund of .02 cents per hour cuz that's what they charge Gold's for a subscription. :P

The op could actually use that since he just spent his .02 cents making his post.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    While I do agree with your overall point, one could ask the same question to you?

I'm just trying to be the good voice of conscience to those who endlessly spam crappy threads like going out with the wife, server down, server still down, server down?, get better servers, game too heavy (like if people here are expert programmers), wtf cryptic, patience is a virtue I don't have... I'd happily disconnect their internet permanently, less kids online.

I'm no Cryptic's advocate, but hell many people here are sounding outright stupid, to say the least.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the problem isnt having 8hrs of downtime.

the problem is saying it will be two hours, after 3hrs (so one hour later than estimated) saying it will take another hour, then saying it will take another 2 hours, and then realizing its just not ready yet again.

this makes it impossible to PLAN the day accordingly cause you get bumped every hour for another hour.

its horrible communication and just a really really horrible way of treating customers.

ITS OUR MONEY THAT MAKES YOUR LIVING cryptic/pw employees. its time you finally realize that.
    its OUR MONEY THAT FEEDS and BREEDS you - and now START TREATING US ACCORDINGLY

or we will just STOP FEEDING you.
  • Options
    cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the game has far too many ships and not enough missions.

I would also add that the STF's should allow choice of marks for all of them not the mix which we have OR at least have 3 stf missions for each mark choice. currently getting marks in one area are much easier than getting it in another AKA crystalline entity vs say dyson or romulan marks.

as for reputation grind, I have never ever enjoyed grinding in any game and the rep game is a two pringed grind which I hate even more.
  • Options
    matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    See, I don't get it. Why does the DeLorean even need to get to 88mph? Isn't the plutonium enough?
  • Options
    billdunbilldun Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    How about no? Stuff happens. You can either learn to live with that or not. Asking for a freebie is entitlement to the extreme.

Its not at all uncommon to give customers free stuff when you make mistakes; its called good business. Lots of unhappy players today, like the ones I saw mining at the Rich Claim when the servers died. Unhappy customers are bad for business.
  • Options
    keepitnastykeepitnasty Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    This is what happens to the players who contribute to your paychecks when you can't get your **** together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcPZc21agk

I wonder what happens next?....