What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Game's up for me. The red light is still on in the launcher but I got into the game.
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :D
    lol that's why I did this here so people could joke around with it.
    also I aint opening a window in my house its 14 degrees F (or ~ -10C) here lol little cold for that
  • Options
    grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    They hate you.

They have the means to fix everything, including all of the in game bugs... they dont simply because they hate...you.

When its raining on days you want to go outside... its God, hating you.

Birds dont poo on your car by accident... they hate you too.

but it serves a point, it leaves something to ponder :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spifficusmaximusspifficusmaximus Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In fairness, the 'Estimated Time of 11:30-12:00' isn't really over for another 8 minutes. I know it goes against your nature to cut anyone some slack, even when they stated 'estimated' and the time frame given still hasn't past; but....cut him a little slack.
    Fleet Admiral Tenraka - R.R.W. Vreenak - Fleet D'Derdrix Warbird Battlecruiser T6
  • Options
    vivessavivessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Game's up for me. The red light is still on in the launcher but I got into the game.

It's up for me too....going to try before work!
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

dont tell me the game is up and running for hours meanwhile and only the damn light was broken ^^
  • Options
    fliebssfliebss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They must be having a hard time patching STO...
    Hope they realy fix the bugs...
    But they could take a fey minutes just to give us information about it.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    You all act as if regardless the time, everything is going to work normally.
    Everyone knows that no matter how long a patch or maintenance goes on for... It only gets worse.
    In short, the faster the patch is added, the less bugs we will probably have!

people also seem to think that coding, hunting down bugs, fixing said bug, then making sure it didnt break anything else, is an easy job. try sifting thru half a million lines of code jsut to find the 1 character that is out of line and see how long it takes you. give them their time.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is where i ask if STO's Community Manager posts wed, about thursday patch and go for a manacure/pedicure for thursday then can they please atleast ask the Manager from NW to copy and past the info to the sto forum.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    game is up, but chat seems busted.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ........what?

For serious!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reportedly it's up now, but the chat server is offline.

So, you know, good news all the way around. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They hate you.

They have the means to fix everything, including all of the in game bugs... they dont simply because they hate...you.

When its raining on days you want to go outside... its God, hating you.

Birds dont poo on your car by accident... they hate you too.

Trolls will be trolls. I'm neither a customer of God, nor of birds.

I'm not complaining that they're taking longer than they originally posted, I'm complaining about them not letting their customers know what's going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    swatop wrote: »
    dont tell me the game is up and running for hours meanwhile and only the damn light was broken ^^

they forgot to update the r_light.png :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic: "What color light do you see?"

Us: "There are... GREEN lights!"
    Greenbird
  • Options
    salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic: "What color light do you see?"

Us: "There are... GREEN lights!"

HAHAHAHAhaahAaha.cough hah.. heh, it's happens to the best of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Connecting ... Login2_Timeout ...

Connecting ... Login2_Timeout ...

Ok ...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    You don't need an account to view STO's tweets.

It may shock you, but some people expect the info to be here, where the game client itself says there is more info to be found.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    chad4231chad4231 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They should really stop starting with "maintenance will take ~3 hours" and just call Thursday maintenance shutdown day. I don't care if they take their time, in-fact that's a good thing. Still though look at all of December, 6-8 hours of maintenance time for a "stability update" that would then crash the server in another 8 hours and need to come down again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do what Scotty would do, give us a much longer estimated time to completion and then it won't be such a continual annoyance each week or become a guessing game. I don't even read the serve downtimes that are scheduled anymore; they may as well put a note that the servers will be dipped in quatloos for two shakes of a trellian puewl - it would be just as relevent.;)

They could take longer, only problem would be losing all their European players to other sites .. it is Thursday evening over here.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Star Trek Online @trekonlinegame · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Thank you for your patience everyone, Holodeck is back online! Chat service will remain offline until further notice
    but esd cant function w/o chat!! THINK OF THE TROLLS CRYPTIC!!! W/o chat they'll have to go out into the world and find bridges... and engage in real world PvP over them!
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    people also seem to think that coding, hunting down bugs, fixing said bug, then making sure it didnt break anything else, is an easy job. try sifting thru half a million lines of code jsut to find the 1 character that is out of line and see how long it takes you. give them their time.

so wait they just added code so wouldn't the new code be the logical culprit? Start there then see what it conflicts with? don't tell me the re-write the whole code everytim they update? i'd simply addend existing code unless exact removal of some code is required for new code.

even then i'd just write the new code to tell the software to ignore the code that is being replaced.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It may shock you, but some people expect the info to be here, where the game client itself says there is more info to be found.

Yeah, but it takes you seconds to look for the information on twitter so what's the big deal?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone, we're bringing the shard up but the global chat server is still down, which means you wont be able to chat with anyone. I felt it was more important to let people play while we work out this issue. We're currently working on a fix and hope to have something up this afternoon. This won't require additional downtime. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop dude. Hope you get the issues worked out soon.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    but esd cant function w/o chat!! THINK OF THE TROLLS CRYPTIC!!! W/o chat they'll have to go out into the world and find bridges... and engage in real world PvP over them!

YES!!!!! those darn trolls will be starving! we can't let the poor things starve out!! I will open a stand to feed the orphan trolls, on ESD ... and mabey First city, Roms will have to fly there themselves ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    walshicus wrote: »
    Yeah, but it takes you seconds to look for the information on twitter so what's the big deal?

Because this is the place that they say that the info will be on, not twitter? ;)
    I need a beer.