What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

14567810»

Comments

• riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    Really? Shall we meet in your sandbox and throw plastic toys at one another too?

ROFL

not your PvP, STO PvP. Just T5U ships, pure 1v1. Accept it or not?

FYI, queues are dead, unofficial PvP channels are not.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I.... LOVE IT

For me, this is the last bit of amusement left in the game.. this... THIS trail of chaos that inevitably follows Cryptic around like a permanent black hurricane, yes THIS is true comedy.

Every time they come out with the latest FUBAR disaster, and the reactions of the ever faithful player base, I just cant get enough. Someone should make a movie.

About the only thing I do in game anymore is my dailies. That gives me enough time to put my finger on the pulse of the latest chaos.

Seriously, this game is basically shallow if you think about it, the only thing to do is just build your ships, then wonder what to do with them. After the story line, there really is no end game content left to speak of, so laughing my TRIBBLE off at what is essentially a monkey fookin a football in a circus is all thats left.

Such Schadenfreude :D

heckgoblin wrote: »
    I must share a terrifying experience. Confused by being unable to connect to STO, and against my better judgement, I began to wander my immediate area. I was stunned to discover that my STO play area is connected to more rooms and corridors in some form of enclosed structure. Worse, however, was what happened when I made my way through a hinged portal of some sort, to the exterior of this structure. I was instantly struck blind by very bright light, and when my sight returned, I was horrified to realize I could see far beyond the draw distance I usually expect from reality. The resolution of this... outside... is incredible. I must however bug report an unusual graphical artifact in the sky, a light source that's set way too bright. Could we possibly turn down the bloom settings on this thing?
    Ahh, I love when someone logs in to the Real World MMO. I hear it was taken over by MTV, but they went public with it.

Regardless I play that game, the light source is WAI. Good luck talking to a Dev though it's highly automated. It can even play other games. It's pretty advanced.
    or you go take english classes and learn the language properly, which is the most likely option.

Honestly, I didn't understand the sentence either. :confused: I'd like to ask for clarification.

Love the Jadzia avy by the way.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have almost no confidence the game anymore.

I am not gonna be buying anything not out of protest, but simply because I have this terrible feeling that one day we will all come to logon and the game will just be gone.

It often feels like we are on a the titanic and the players are stuck on E deck.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Love the Jadzia avy by the way.

You have a good taste bro :cool:
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Man, it's a really slow day if folks start calling me a "White Knight"
    Would you prefer I call you a troll?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I have this terrible feeling that one day we will all come to logon and the game will just be gone.

Well...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11/15/hangame-mmo-accidentally-deleted-shut-down-forever/
    edited February 2015
    Makes no difference to me. One could ask the same of you. ;)

Just say "yes". Way to go to make a little boy happy ^^
    edited February 2015
    You have a good taste bro :cool:
    Oh, no, you're the one with the avy, the props are all yours :D
    Wasn't he the one who got the hot chick at the end? If so, that's cool by me... so long as it's Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock or Linda Park.

Speaking of good taste. :cool:

Don't forget about Nicole or Nichelle in her prime :)
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Makes no difference to me. One could ask the same of you. ;)

Wasn't he the one who got the hot chick at the end?

Kind of... she was King Arthur's wife, though, so... that didn't really end well. Be careful what you wish for. :P
    76561198032353876.png
    edited February 2015
    One could ask the same of you.
    For what? Pointing out that blind devotion isn't beneficial to the game?
    edited February 2015
    ROFL I love it. Very aptly put.

Im telling you, just watching from outside the box is so much more amusing then attempting to play the game.

I will actually miss Cryptic when they finally go belly up.

It would be nice to have this game go to a developer that is competent though, just to see what can actually be done (correctly) with a theme such as this.

A new developer....UNREAL engine 3 or 4...huge maps. Seamless ship to shore and back transitions. Keep the writing and environment teams though. Honestly... Cryptic can stay on, just get them away from Perfect World and to a company with stellar technical support and bosses who want to spend the time and cash to rebuild the game from the ground up.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For what? Pointing out that blind devotion isn't beneficial to the game?
    Neither is lashing out against anyone... You don't have to disagree with the way that Cryptic is doing things, as long as you're not being hostile toward either the devs or other players. If you're going to be lashing out against the devs or other players, then your opinion becomes worthless.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    A new developer....UNREAL engine 3 or 4...huge maps. Seamless ship to shore and back transitions. Keep the writing and environment teams though. Honestly... Cryptic can stay on, just get them away from Perfect World and to a company with stellar technical support and bosses who want to spend the time and cash to rebuild the game from the ground up.

So close this game and open a new one in 4-6 years?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    edited February 2015
    So close this game and open a new one in 4-6 years?

I say build the new one on a new server and keep running the old one.

I don't know anything about game design. Just to recreate this game on a new engine as a start point I would hope would take two years at most, since it's not being done from scratch, but I freely admit I could be completely extremely wrong.

There would probably have to be a separate process just to convert all of our current data to the new system.
  • nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about just telling us what the problem is when it goes down? Network switch,. server HW, code bug, beer spillage? I'm not asking for who frelled it up, just what was frelled.

Give us view access to the bug list. Show us that we're being herd and issues are actively being worked on.
    edited February 2015
    nodz wrote: »
    How about just telling us what the problem is when it goes down? Network switch,. server HW, code bug, beer spillage? I'm not asking for who frelled it up, just what was frelled.

Give us view access to the bug list. Show us that we're being herd and issues are actively being worked on.

Actually I think spilling a Coca Cola on the servers would do wonders for this game.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i tell you Trendy uses the servers to make bacon all that grease takes time to clean out of the traps. so everything will be fine in the end just have some bacon and relax thats what i do .
  • grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PvP is so dead in this game the only way they can get matches is by trying to bait people on the forums. ;)

All it takes is a little puuush!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Neither is lashing out against anyone... You don't have to disagree with the way that Cryptic is doing things, as long as you're not being hostile toward either the devs or other players. If you're going to be lashing out against the devs or other players, then your opinion becomes worthless.
    The opinion is still worthwhile. You've just elected to ignore it.

Cryptic is missing out on tons of valuable feedback, better feedback than what their defenders provide, if their policy is truly to ignore every bit of feedback containing a negative tone.

I get that "the game sucks," isn't helpful feedback, but it's still feedback.

If you want to make a profit, be proactive.

That should be a Rule of Acquisition, if it isn't already, or isn't already in some other form.
    Uhm... they are herding us. Herded to a mindless grindfest. We are sheeple to them, and we will play the game the way they want.
    Such is metrics development.
    You really have no clue as to who you are talking to.
    Good thing a fellow knight was here to rush to his defense.
    edited February 2015
    Valoreah's post history is available for everyone to see.
    Only forum trolls make it a policy to check post history.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dang... just got home from work...

Missed all the fun.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The game was down?

Didn't notice *shrugs*
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sszerceezsszerceez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sorry dont mean to reply to your post but its the only way i can post.

I downloaded the game a few weeks ago and with my romulan charactor I got to lvl 20 and was on mission revelations at the point were you beam down to planet and the game would crash over and over even after restarting the game and mission. force verify was on.

So I started a klingon charactor and made it to lvl 19 and I dont remember the name of the mission but it was a main mission same issue goto beam down and the game crashes I tried to get help with support but no responce I assume I didnt give enough info even tho cryptic uploaded info on the crash. Same issue I get to certain point in the game on main quest and the game crashed. Since getting any help on the game is too complicated i unistalled the game yesturday and it keeps downloading then it will install only to download again over and over. its kiling my internet usage but i have no idea if its in some kinda loop or if its really downloading.

I have 16 meg internet and its downloading at 1.80ish mb/s should it take over 8 hours to download the game or am i in some sort of dead end loop that will suck all my net ? its 3:06 pm and i started downloading at 6 pm last evening?

It did not take this long to download a few weeks ago

At this point should i even bother attempting to download this game or can i expect the exact same issues i had before?