What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Downtime Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• Options
    roroatan79roroatan79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I mean, I certainly understand what most of you are saying, but as it courses through my optical nerves, all that finally arrives in my brain is b****, b****, b****.

All I need to know is a round about time they say it'll be online, the rest is for the birds as far as I'm concerned.

It's absolutely nugatory to hand out what they should do in these instances since:

A. None of you are working for cryptic, so if you aren't solving the problem, you're useless.

B. Most of you need to air out your rooms anyway.

C. Those things most of us feel should be fixed, usually aren't. And

D. Doing something else offline probably will make the time go quicker than staring at the launcher in hopes it'll turn green any minute.

You're welcome.

;):cool::D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe they did post that "solution" already...just not here. ;)

If that 'solution' involves Dilithium and a time-gate, then tell 'em not to bother. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vivessa wrote: »
    Now might be a good time to start one.

The day I feel the desire to create a Twitter account to read news and updates over a video game is the day I stop playing video games.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    vivessavivessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    The day I feel the desire to create a Twitter account to read news and updates over a video game is the day I stop playing video games.

Oh I feel the same way, but I was only implying that if it mattered as much, to simply go about that route. I personally, just started playing as of yesterday and need to grace my presence at the cubical for about eight hours in exactly one hour, thirty-four minutes from now.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015

yeah... pretty much
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    vivessa wrote: »
    Oh I feel the same way, but I was only implying that if it mattered as much, to simply go about that route. I personally, just started playing as of yesterday and need to grace my presence at the cubical for about eight hours in exactly one hour, thirty-four minutes from now.

Well, welcome to the game all the same.

Easy access to news and information is important, and unfortunately around these parts clear channels of communication are sometimes lacking. So it's also important to keep a bit of pressure on the powers that be to rise to the challenge. Not too much pressure, though.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015

can i have your stuff?
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    welshavengerwelshavenger Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Besides all that, the launcher says "Please check the forums" which presumably means 'trawl through the forums for all our games until you find an update about DT.'
    Fall-of-the-Babbage_zpsa9omaksh.jpg
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would be nice for them to extend the anniv event to Thursday March 5th since its a matienance day anyway and add a few days on for making us all wait half the day to play the game.
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ok you said 11:30 pacific its is now 11:35 and game still down

:P
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    can i have your stuff?

If that day comes, you can - in fact, have my stuff.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Initiate shock over extension. . . . . . . . failure.
    Initiate rage over extension . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . meh.
    thegoodorc wrote: »
    Just follow it on Twitter, you get up to date news

I'm sorry, but when your company runs it's own forums for its customers they should use that as primary means of communication!
  • Options
    avengaline1avengaline1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So it's past 11:30, why isn't the game back up?
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    STO posted on Facebook a while ago that maintenance has been extended to 12pm PDT, or about 23 minutes from now. We'll see about that.... any bets?
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They had ONE job...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well hopefully one of these hours it will come back online
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They still didn't change the UTC time. It's clearly set they don't care about europeans players. It is already 8.40 pm here and all my timers are f***** up because of this downtime.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So it's now 2 hours after the original finish time of maintenance - "February 19th from 6-11:30 AM Pacific (14:00-17:30 UTC)."

Even after the post stating that maintenance has been extended ("ETA is currently at 11:30-12 Noon.") we're still an hour and a half late.

Which is fine if things aren't going well, but why aren't they keeping their customers in the loop? They should know not everyone has a twitter account. Not everyone comes on the forums either. But the one thing that every STO player has is the launcher, so why can't they keep us informed through that?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, welcome to the game all the same.

Easy access to news and information is important, and unfortunately around these parts clear channels of communication are sometimes lacking. So it's also important to keep a bit of pressure on the powers that be to rise to the challenge. Not too much pressure, though.

Thank you very much. I am liking it quite a lot thus far and I must agree completely....starting with...it's past 11:30! <_< Does that mean I can join in on the parade and say "Hey, Cryptic! Do you plan on letting us know that it will be extended past the 12 noon extension?!" *Looks at the floor, humming.*

On another note: What is this lag/disconnect issue I keep seeing on forums? I have not experienced such. Maybe it is just endgame areas or something?
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Red Alert!

Maintenance will be extended until later this morning. ETA is currently at 11:30-12 Noon.

We will update this thread if that time will be further extended.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

~Smirk

... yeah... does 15mins overdue count as "further extended"?
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wimpoman wrote: »
    Which is fine if things aren't going well, but why aren't they keeping their customers in the loop? They should know not everyone has a twitter account. Not everyone comes on the forums either. But the one thing that every STO player has is the launcher, so why can't they keep us informed through that?

I guess more information is always better than less... but the launcher has a status light showing as red and a big text block indicating that maintenance is happening today. Even if the times are slightly off, the combination of the two is sorta enough to get the message that the server isn't ready.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know right?
    :cool:
  • Options
    bjager41bjager41 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wimpoman wrote: »
    So it's now 2 hours after the original finish time of maintenance - "February 19th from 6-11:30 AM Pacific (14:00-17:30 UTC)."

Even after the post stating that maintenance has been extended ("ETA is currently at 11:30-12 Noon.") we're still an hour and a half late.

tru dat!!!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Besides all that, the launcher says "Please check the forums" which presumably means 'trawl through the forums for all our games until you find an update about DT.'

HAHAHA... on a more sceriou... HAAAAAHAHA. :D

Sorry there. You are so right with your post. Gosh thats sad. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Relax. I'd rather it be down for a day, than to come back to more problems.

Besides. It gives us time to open a window and breathe fresh air.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's not the only thing that's shocking. Recently I sold a nicor for 85 mil. I dumped all the energy credits into my Scrooge McDuck money bin and dove in. Turns out energy credits really are made of energy. Swimming around in it made the same sound that was made when Data went to prison. "Bzzzt".
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You all act as if regardless the time, everything is going to work normally.
    Everyone knows that no matter how long a patch or maintenance goes on for... It only gets worse.
    In short, the faster the patch is added and servers come online, the less bugs we will probably have!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    You all act as if regardless the time, everything is going to work normally.
    Everyone knows that no matter how long a patch or maintenance goes on for... It only gets worse. In short, the faster the patch is added, the less bugs we will probably have!

My patch only took like 3.2 seconds....that was a little disturbing for me.
  • Options
    ajb13ajb13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just wish they'd pull the plug permanently and put us out of our misery