Install Arc
Options

Dilithium nerf, official response

Comments

• Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Don't lie. Veterans with dil mine can refine 9k per day.

Exactly how am I lying? What would I have to gain by it?

The veteran dilithium refiner duty officer (there is one at Starfleet Academy and one at the Klingon Academy) offers a duty officer mission that requires 1000 dilithium ore, and two duty officers (Technician and Geologist). It take 48 hours to complete. This is unlocked for 800+ day subscribers or lifetime members.

The fleet dilithium mine has a duty officer mission (once unlocked) that will instantly refine 500 dilithium.

If you have other information, please share it instead of making unfounded accusations.

Edit: Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that it is possible for a veteran to refine 9.5k dilithium in a day.
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice. I ground my butt off in the queues through lowered marks rewards, lower drop rewards, and lowered dil rewards, only to have the dil weekend T5 nerfed, too? Not even just nerfed, but dropped entirely? How generous of Cryptic. I saved turning in for T5 on several toons for one important reason-- you nerfed rewards & dil to begin with. Turning the reps in on a dil weekend was a way to recoup what you took, the queues are barely worth the reward payouts as it is. Thanks a whole lot.

It's not going to stop me from playing the game, but it definitely makes me reevaluate what's worth anything in the game. Rep tiers are losing their worth quickly, IMO.
  • Options
    cfmararaudercfmararauder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I finished t5 on 2 reps today.....got 0 dil.....I can understand that they planned to stop it from getting bonus.....but 0???????
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I finished t5 on 2 reps today.....got 0 dil.....I can understand that they planned to stop it from getting bonus.....but 0???????

There are some Rep's which require a Mission to get the reward ... please specify ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find it eminently funny people allow themselves to be talked into thinking they were engaging in some sort of exploitative behavior, just for wanting to convert at the right time. Imagine a stock market, where they take away your profit because, OMG, you had the audacity to wait and sell at the right time when your stock went up!

Personally, I don't hoard: I simply convert my Marks for my daily Dilithium requirements. But that's because I'm their ideal customer: I just buy Zen when I need it. But I can respect others who actually play smart, and don't waste it it all in one place.

They did the same thing with the Bulwark ship. Doff pack, was it? They made it so the packs you already possessed wouldn't come with the extra chance for a Bulwark ship any more. I find all of this sad. What little economy STO had left is being broken down, day after day. Tomorrow they'll tell you collecting lockboxes was exploitative. And you'll gobble it up, and believe it too, is what's worse.

Marks projects were the only thing unaffected by earlier nerfs (they kept paying out 500 Dilithium). I welcomed this Dilithium Weekend for that reason, as running STFs is pretty much all I do. Mission rewards, you say?! 150% of 0 still equals zero.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    " By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year."

:o:o:o:o

You guys are too funny.

We didn't nerf the rewards. Nooo, we're making the rewards more valuable at times outside the event.

Edit: OP, thanks for posting this here.

Yes, they are doing us a huge favor by not giving us bonus rewards! Gee thnx Cryptic!

And they nerfed the T5 Rep reward - no bonus there either. ****ing *******s.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wonder why they don't want us to convert Dil to get Zen, when they want us to spend Real Money to get Zen....

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/26/perfect-worlds-q3-results-down/

Would explain why the drastic nerfs to Dil rewards and the like for some time now.

I know this is my first post (I think?), just had to say something, because this game is going down the you know what. (This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, so white knight's go take a running jump, as with my opinion, your's is worth sweet "F" all).

wow, I can almost still smell the thanksgiving turkey.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I find it eminently funny people allow themselves to be talked into thinking they were engaging in some sort of exploitative behavior, just for wanting to convert at the right time. Imagine a stock market, where they take away your profit because, OMG, you had the audacity to wait and sell at the right time when your stock went up!

Personally, I don't hoard: I simply convert my Marks for my daily Dilithium requirements. But that's because I'm their ideal customer: I just buy Zen when I need it. But I can respect others who actually play smart, and don't waste it it all in one place.

They did the same thing with the Bulwark ship. Doff pack, was it? They made it so the packs you already possessed wouldn't come with the extra chance for a Bulwark ship any more. I find all of this sad. What little economy STO had left is being broken down, day after day. Tomorrow they'll tell you collecting lockboxes was exploitative. And you'll gobble it up, and believe it too, is what's worse.

Marks projects were the only thing unaffected by earlier nerfs (they kept paying out 500 Dilithium). I welcomed this Dilithium Weekend for that reason, as running STFs is pretty much all I do. Mission rewards, you say?! 150% of 0 still equals zero.

I agree. I save up my Dil VIP claims for weekend events as not to waste them for lower reward. Is this an exploit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »
    atleast they are not calling people who saved it up exploiters or cheaters this time.
    Hopefully the new guy has the sense not to do that, but just wait, some white knight surely will.

Also, a full dilithium week? Cryptic may have found themselves a winner. Probably should have promoted him sooner.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hopefully the new guy has the sense not to do that, but just wait, some white knight surely will.

Too late, already happened multiple times :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I don't see a problem, as I don't stockpile marks until a DL weekend. Yea I converted what I had on a DL weekend, but I don't stockpile to the point it takes me an hour of click, wait 15 seconds, click.

I got ADD so I would go insane if I did that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    cfmararaudercfmararauder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ok after relogging, I at least got my 32k dil
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I don't see a problem, as I don't stockpile marks until a DL weekend. Yea I converted what I had on a DL weekend, but I don't stockpile to the point it takes me an hour of click, wait 15 seconds, click.

TRIBBLE - I just realized my maion has THOUSANDS of rep marks she's not using... hmmm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And that is why I don't stockpile. Hope you got music prierin. Because you're going to be converting for a while.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    And that is why I don't stockpile. Hope you got music prierin. Because you're going to be converting for a while.

Awww. geez...

I wasn't stockpiling per se... I just didn't have anything to really spend them on and let's face it, the only misiosns to do after a while are the ones that give marks..

Although the Delta Marks I could stand to spend on rep items... if I could get power cels, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Stockpiling marks, is like stockpiling EC's.

The difference now, is that the dilithium gained from them being turned in, is not effected by go figure a dilithium bonus weekend.

It's like stockpiling EC's, only to find that all vendor trash you sell, is now reduced by 50% everywhere you can possibly sell stuff!

It's like going to your favorite fast food joint and, ordering off their dollar menu only this week it's bogoho (buy 1 get 1 half off) but, it doesn't actually apply to anything on their entire menu nor, anything you would want!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks like Mr Ricossa is doing a pretty decent job so far as the big boss. I do like that he responded rather quickly.

While I am still annoyed that we no longer get the bonus from the t5 rep, at least we get a little more time to farm up some dil.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    I agree. I save up my Dil VIP claims for weekend events as not to waste them for lower reward. Is this an exploit?

Yes, it is an exploit. You are soon to be banned.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yes, it is an exploit. You are soon to be banned.

ROFL

.... wait... you're probably being serious.... :eek:

Am I fine if I pull in less than 17x more dilithium?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't think the Mining Claims are an exploit. After all, you can only refine 8k a day, and as far as I know, you can only use 1 mining claim a day per character.
  • Options
    raptorzsraptorzs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well this is the mother of all douche moves.... Thanks Cryptic.... Thanks again for nothing...

Raptorzs
    <<Insert Clever Signature Here>>
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    a week of alt dil play, it's not that bad
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, after a very long time of living off of no real extra income, to actually buy something in this game, I finally was able to get some overtime and, finally have some extra cash to burn on something I want.

So, (Not that I would have most of the time, had I actually had some because every time I turn around, Cryptic likes to slap their player's in the face, with ever increasing nerfs to viable advancements in virtually every avenue of game play) I waited in anticipation for the dilithium weekend to arrive so, that I could try and net enough zen from the exchange + my RL money to finally purchase the DR pack, when whamo I find this load of TRIBBLE that sorry, no more bonus dilithium for your rep conversions!

Imagine my disgust when I heard this had happened!

Well, it just so happens now I decided to treat myself to something after all.

Feast on this Cryptic and, relish in knowing you are not getting my this little bit of income this time around and, probably not from me for quite awhile!

http://www.sentey.com/en/lumenata-pro-gs-3901

http://www.aziocorp.com/en/keyboards/23-l70-usb-backlit-gaming-keyboard-kb501-0676151010719.html

Got both of these on sale for $80 all together, now I can have something to actually enjoy spending my hard earned money on!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    ROFL

.... wait... you're probably being serious.... :eek:

Am I fine if I pull in less than 17x more dilithium?

Scarcasm does not translate to the Internet
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Extending the dil weekend is brilliant, I love it.
    I like this new EP guy.

No, the dropped the rep extra mark for dil missions from the weekend. So you now have less opportunity to collect unrefined dil than you did before. You are basically happy and praising a nerf
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks like absolutely nothing has changed here. Ongoing nerf after nerf because The Prophets forbid you might actually be able to play and progress for free GASP!