test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium nerf, official response

Comments

• wcampbllwcampbll Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    I never once claimed you were exploiting things kid, try and be a little more accurate and a little less asinine. I said that this entire complaint boiled down to people pissed off because cryptic stopped giving you dilithium for free the second it stopped being beneficial to them.

My only question for you is, why do you think you deserve free dilithium?

obviously with you being a 'member;' of some years but only 2 hours and 52 minute playing time
    you must be one of the many DEV's that doesn't actually play the game they work on. so your ramblings have no value to most actual players. hope you enjoy the unemployment line when i and many other finally give up in disgust at never being heard. and more importantly take the serious cash we dropped on this f2p p2w game with us on the way out. truly makes me sad-i used to enjoy this game-now its only a sence of 'duty' to my fleet that has me signing on at all and that is fading fast:(
  • koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No one said anyone was obligated to do anything. It's merely an expectation that the event would be the same as the previous 5 or 6. Not such a strange expectation. Seriously.

You just did by using the "they used to do this!!" argument.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    So I see you've opted to trade in your "side lines sniping" for a rather silly attempt at ad hominem. Well, if you can't present an actual argument and you're not mature enough to realize that nothing is sometimes the best thing you can say. I'm not particularly surprised. But at least that's out in the open.

Now I can do the childish thing and just say "mark hoarder" over and over to see if I can get you to throw-up. Or I can do the really childish thing and answer that then I was in the same place I was last night, with your mom. Or I can do the passive aggressive thing, and apologize for making you feel belittled by naming something you do and suggesting that it could have negative side effects, and then go on to say that I hope some day you find the fortitude to be able to hear dissenting opinions without getting physically ill.

But no, I'm going to do the mature thing. I'm going to ignore you.

As many of us will be ignoring you

CDF-Troll
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You just did by using the "they used to do this!!" argument.

Are you a brick wall?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, they have extended its duration, so I can live with it. Ricossa's starting good to me. I'd build him a monument if he'd be the one rebooting PvP. Basically doing what every other EP couldn't do.
    edited February 2015
    Are you a brick wall?

No, just someone not very convinced when people say it's "y" when it really is "x".
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, they have extended its duration, so I can live with it. Ricossa's starting good to me. I'd build him a monument if he'd be the one rebooting PvP. Basically doing what every other EP couldn't do.

Extending an event, for which a lot of your player base, is most likely busy grinding away at a mini game involving particles and, not dilithium is not really all that glamorous IMO.

But, hey if people can try to take advantage whilst they can (till some new nerf to it), than so be it!

I myself, along with other's here protesting the change, see it as the garbage it truly is, even with the extension.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's put this in perspective. I have 54,475 Omega Marks at this very moment. I will need to run the "Ongoing War Efforts" mini mission 1090 times to get rid of all my marks. Without taking into account the time I need to click the various buttons, that's 4.5 hours sat here solidly clicking like I have a severe OCD.

That'd really pad the metrics out for Cryptic if they gave me a real incentive to do it. And no, before the same old crowd pipe up, 500 dil isn't enough of an incentive. I don't go scrabbling around for spare change. If you do, that's fine, I have plenty of vendor junk I could mail to you in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After doff and tailor and exchange, there won't be anything left to nerf, timegate and dil sink.

(That is unless they decide to go for another round of nerfs to everything - which took them nearly 3 years this time, nerfing everything in the whole game)

So assuming that, I'd say sometime by the end of this year they litterly have nothing left to nerf in the entire game, and will HAVE to add content at that point.

Sometime this summer you will hear developer apologists talking about the great tailor exploiters, who have been changing outfit, free of charge!!!1, ripping off cryptic in this one gigantic plot to embezzle the whole game.

So OF COURSE we needed a tailor nerf, dil sink and timegate, a company can only take so much...
    edited February 2015
    No, just someone not very convinced when people say it's "y" when it really is "x".

darn! I thought we had finally invented semi-sentient brick :(
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Let's put this in perspective. I have 54,475 Omega Marks at this very moment. I will need to run the "Ongoing War Efforts" mini mission 1090 times to get rid of all my marks. Without taking into account the time I need to click the various buttons, that's 4.5 hours sat here solidly clicking like I have a severe OCD.

That'd really pad the metrics out for Cryptic if they gave me a real incentive to do it. And no, before the same old crowd pipe up, 500 dil isn't enough of an incentive. I don't go scrabbling around for spare change. If you do, that's fine, I have plenty of vendor junk I could mail to you in-game.

For which could be easily solved, had they bothered to implement a mass mark conversion project!

Something of which, I had given a perfect method of implementing in game, that favors both sides perfectly!

Is it here in game now?

Of course not, it's just easier to nerf any meaningful gains instead!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    False.

That wasn't a question and it wasn't false unless you're admitting that you miispoke earlier. In which case, by the standards you have set, I am entitled to free dilithium.

If you'll recall I asked another poster a fairly straightforward question, why does he deserve free dilithium?

You answered, presumably for yourself, that you deserve free dilithium because they mistakenly advertised free dilithium by copying and pasting the details from the last dilithium bonus weekend without accounting for the programmed changes. Now, what conversation do you think we're having?
    I am simply going by how things were for 1.5 years of other dilithium events. The first I heard that things had changed was posted to the bug forum 2 days ago. This is merely #437 of things that have been changed. I hope you enjoy the removal of doffing, contraband, marks for dilithium, grinding patrols etc... that will be coming your way in the next few months. Please be sure to never voice any displeasure over any of these.

Oh.... you're having THAT conversation. Well I'm sorry Mr. Cooper, I'm not interested in THAT conversation, if you have something to say in regards to THIS conversation, I'm all ears.
    wcampbll wrote: »
    obviously with you being a 'member;' of some years but only 2 hours and 52 minute playing time
    you must be one of the many DEV's that doesn't actually play the game they work on. so your ramblings have no value to most actual players. hope you enjoy the unemployment line when i and many other finally give up in disgust at never being heard. and more importantly take the serious cash we dropped on this f2p p2w game with us on the way out. truly makes me sad-i used to enjoy this game-now its only a sence of 'duty' to my fleet that has me signing on at all and that is fading fast:(

I'm sorry, is your name Bansheedragon? Because I asked that question of Bansheedragon, I also didn't remember ordering a paranoid rant from someone so far off base that the people who agree with him are starting to be embarrassed they do.

I'm not a developer, if I was, I wouldn't be nearly as rude to you because I'd care if you still played the game. As things stand, my greatest hope is that you decide even your fleet, who are apparently still signing on despite this game dying, are not worth putting up with this injustice, and that you leave forever. No, I'm definitely not a developer, I'm just a fellow player who wants to know why Bansheedragon feels entitled to free stuff, and now why you responded to my question without answering it.

Jesus, even Mr. Cooper had the decency to answer the question posed before going on a doomsday rant.
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I'm only interested in conversations that involve the health of the game. On October 13th we had a healthy game. If you think a cash grab like the past 3 months can be sustained for much more than another 3 months you're thicker than your friend the brick.

When the omega hero crack collection ends on the 26th of this month you will wake up to a ghost town the following morning. The reaction to that reality will decide the game's longevity.

Don't mistake my nature. For some 2 years I have been the game's biggest white knight here - and well hated for it. In fact I still am. Only now I must speak out against the direction the company has taken the game, because it is killing it - quickly.

• bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I never once claimed you were exploiting things kid, try and be a little more accurate and a little less asinine. I said that this entire complaint boiled down to people pissed off because cryptic stopped giving you dilithium for free the second it stopped being beneficial to them.

My only question for you is, why do you think you deserve free dilithium?
    When people go around repeatedly defending every single pissant move the devs makes repeatedly resulting in players losing what little benefit they have from actually playing the game, I will be as asinine as I please towards those people.
    Because I have zero tolerance for people who will defend the devs actions no matter what they do as if they can do no wrong.

But if you dont like what people post here, why are you reading it?

As for why I deserve the free Dilithium?
    I was promised I would get it.
    They told me I would get a bonus for a given period of time, but when that time came they suddenly do a 180 and tell me I cant have what I was promised after all.
    And they give me some half baked excuse about metrics, a reson thats clearly is not the real reason becasue they would never dare tell us the truth, as reason for why I cant have what I was promised as if its supposed to make me feel better.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When people go around repeatedly defending every single pissant move the devs makes repeatedly resulting in players losing what little benefit they have from actually playing the game, I will be as asinine as I please towards those people.
    Because I have zero tolerance for people who will defend the devs actions no matter what they do as if they can do no wrong.

But if you dont like what people post here, why are you reading it?

As for why I deserve the free Dilithium?
    I was promised I would get it.
    They told me I would get a bonus for a given period of time, but when that time came they suddenly do a 180 and tell me I cant have what I was promised after all.
    And they give me some half baked excuse about metrics, a reson thats clearly is not the real reason becasue they would never dare tell us the truth, as reason for why I cant have what I was promised as if its supposed to make me feel better.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's bad ju-ju for the company when promises can't be kept.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I'm only interested in conversations that involve the health of the game. On October 13th we had a healthy game. If you think a cash grab like the past 3 months can be sustained for much more than another 3 months you're thicker than your friend the brick.

When the omega hero crack collection ends on the 26th of this month you will wake up to a ghost town the following morning. The reaction to that reality will decide the game's longevity.

Don't mistake my nature. For some 2 years I have been the game's biggest white knight here - and well hated for it. In fact I still am. Only now I must speak out against the direction the company has taken the game, because it is killing it - quickly.

^^ Hear ye him! He's not crazy: his mother had him tested! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You misunderstand me. It's vomit-inducing because this new "Mark Hoarding = Cheating" mentality is only about 24 hours old - nobody had a problem with it before Cryptic changed the Dilithium Event rules. Now every brain-dead moron is using the term "Mark Hoarder" like an insult.

Sorry, I actually fully agreed with you. I just went on a tirade. Nothing to do with you and everything to do with how I feel about this mess.
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Once and for all, it is not "mark hoarding." It is mark earning.

Once and for all, the rewards are not "free." We worked for every one of those marks and rep items. We played for them, sometimes with morons who are so ridiculous they see every example of someone gaining any benefit as an "exploit" that needs to be nerfed.

It is not a case of wanting free stuff. it is a case of wanting what we were promised and what we worked/played for *and were promised."

If you are still using these underhanded terms to misrepresent the reality of matters, then you warrant all the derision you get for being blatant idiots and worthless TRIBBLE-kissing fanboys. One might think, your having watched any Star Trek might have given you a small portion of critical acuity, but clearly you have not. You aren't even clever enough to just not support reasonable concerns; you actually have to go out of your way to deride and attack those who raise them. Pathetic.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I understand what Mr. Ricossa is getting at. I have a huge stockpile of marks that I convert during bonus weekends. Making current activities more desirable is a good thing, but Mr. Ricossa, I find group space based content too much a chore to be enjoyable. Except for in-fleet pvp I do nothing but solo content in space. Eventually my mark nest egg will expire, like my 3 alts I deleted. Fully geared, full reputation, fun characters, gone. WHY? It's too much work to have more than one character in this game, and Dil is part of the reason why.

Care to take a guess at the heart of the problem with STO, Mr. Ricossa?
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    You aren't even clever enough to just not support reasonable concerns; you actually have to go out of your way to deride and attack those who raise them. Pathetic.

Oh, the hypocrisy... You of all posters claiming others go out of their way to deride those with a differing opinion...

Once again, you're also accusing others with a differing opinion of being wrong (or in this case, outright stupid) because they do not agree with your perspective...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • lawstanzlawstanz Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Once and for all, the rewards are not "free." We worked for every one of those marks and rep items. We played for them, sometimes with morons who are so ridiculous they see every example of someone gaining any benefit as an "exploit" that needs to be nerfed.

It is not a case of wanting free stuff. it is a case of wanting what we were promised and what we worked/played for *and were promised."

If you are still using these underhanded terms to misrepresent the reality of matters, then you warrant all the derision you get for being blatant idiots and worthless TRIBBLE-kissing fanboys. One might think, your having watched any Star Trek might have given you a small portion of critical acuity, but clearly you have not. You aren't even clever enough to just not support reasonable concerns; you actually have to go out of your way to deride and attack those who raise them. Pathetic.
    It is hoarding, and there is nothing wrong, underhanded, or negative connotated by that term. Marks were "stockpiled" with the expectation that they could be turned in during the event for a greater than normal return. No one is really saying hoarding/stockpiling/saving your marks is wrong.

What "white knights" are taking issue with, is the massive freaking out about the perfectly reasonable action on Cryptic's part to say...the event is intended to provide an EXTRA reward for play that takes place DURING the event. Earning the marks whenever you play is perfectly fine. Cashing in what you earn will provide the return players are entitled too. But since the bonus weekend is strictly speaking, nothing but largess on the part of Cryptic, surly they have the right to say that marks that are earned outside of the event won't earn the EXTRA dilithium from the event. The only real foul in this whole tempest in a tea cup was the unfortunate copy/paste of the previous announcement on the website.
    edited February 2015

It's mark hoarding. You hoarded to turn them all in at once.

Uh.. no, they actually saw it as "we never intended to give you a bonus" also no bonus != nerf.

You weren't promised the mark conversion at all. The other stuff was apparently the CM not getting the memo.

Or you could just be so angry you're letting it cloud your judgement. Which, incidentally, seems to be the general tenor of the STO forums. These concerns are simply not reasonable. Concerns over the fact that the queues got hit with a nerf stick? Perfectly legitimate. (And worrying.)

Concerns over the fact that they're trying to encourage play by not giving an extra reward to something that DOESN'T necessarily require you to play missions or activities during the weekend? Not as reasonable.

ETA: Let me clarify. Hoarding isn't bad per se. I'm not sure I'd go as far to describe negatively.
  • innuwarriorinnuwarrior Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well for me this "Dilitium Week End " is just a TRIBBLE in the wind. I haven't been out of my way to do any content rewarding dilitium. Instead, I'm busy collecting omega traces, shards and up because when you make those Omega upgrade YOU DON'T NEED ANY DILITIUM.

So craptic wanted to make an event, its more a complaining event than anything else and nobody I know in game is happy about their position.

It seems we can't take advantage of anything in game without it being nerfed one way or the other and to make it even better a bunch of peebs saying Craptic was right, yeah right....

To say it as it is, this week end is total TRIBBLE.
    Jamal : Tactical space specialist. USS Bug Warrior and many others
    E'Mc2 : Science Reman torp T'Varo, deadly annoyance :P
    Kunmal: Tactical fed Klingon, ground specialist, USS Kanewaga
    Ka -tet Tier 5 fleet fully completed Starbase and fleet property
    edited February 2015
    Well for me this "Dilitium Week End " is just a TRIBBLE in the wind. I haven't been out of my way to do any content rewarding dilitium. Instead, I'm busy collecting omega traces, shards and up because when you make those Omega upgrade YOU DON'T NEED ANY DILITIUM.

So craptic wanted to make an event, its more a complaining event than anything else and nobody I know in game is happy about their position.

It seems we can't take advantage of anything in game without it being nerfed one way or the other and to make it even better a bunch of peebs saying Craptic was right, yeah right....

To say it as it is, this week end is total TRIBBLE.

Then don't play. Simple.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's mark hoarding. You hoarded to turn them all in at once.

Erm , no , I first *earned them* and then *collected* them to turn them all in at once .
    Same as everything else that has been nerfed , and will be nerfed in the future .
    Same as collecting Contraband for example .

ETA: Let me clarify. Hoarding isn't bad per se. I'm not sure I'd go as far to describe negatively.

Well then unfortunately you don't understand (or pretend not to understand) the connotations .

Collecting = collecting .

Hoarding = collecting with the intent to keep things to one's self and not share (the word has "selfish" or "obsessed" in it as a connotation) , or to (in some cases) attempting to corner a market with the intent to re-sell at a markedly higher price (also known as "scalping") .

In STO , if you want to look at hoarders , look for ppl who have several unopened very rare ships that they buy in order to dry out the market and resell later at a mark up .
    Example : Bug Ship hoarders .

... yes , they were out there , and don't get butt hurt if you were one ...
    edited February 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... the intent to re-sell at a markedly higher price ...

But isn't this the entire crux of the problem, that people are accumulating large stockpiles of rep marks, purely for the sole purpose of converting them during dilithium events, due to the increased dilithium return?

Is this not the virtually the same as the example you have presented here? You're intentionally holding onto those marks in order to convert them at a markedly higher rate, than what would be considered normal...

• js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    None of you had a problem with "hoarding" last week.

Why do you have a problem with it now when you were fine with it last week?

Well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    But isn't this the entire crux of the problem, that people are accumulating large stockpiles of rep marks, purely for the sole purpose of converting them during dilithium events, due to the increased dilithium return?

Is this not the virtually the same as the example you have presented here? You're intentionally holding onto those marks in order to convert them at a markedly higher rate, than what would be considered normal...

What's the difference between collecting marks, and clipping/saving coupons to go shop during a sale? There's nothing wrong with doing that, just as there was nothing wrong with saving up marks to use during that 'sale'. At least until the devs said so.

Personally I couldn't be bothered saving up the marks like that to wait for a weekend event. The thing that bugs me the most is the continual prodding to play how they think we should play.
    edited February 2015
    None of you had a problem with "hoarding" last week.

Why do you have a problem with it now when you were fine with it last week?

Well?

Personally, I don't have an issue with people doing this and I myself have even held off collecting T5 rep rewards when I knew a dilithium weekend is coming up...

What I take issue with is the entitled attitudes that some people have displayed over this, even going so far as to suggest Cryptic have some how robbed them by not providing the extra dilithium rewards...

I just find that attitude rather rich when such people are attacking the developers of a F2P game because those players do not wish to actually pay for that game, instead screaming that Cryptic are forcing them to pay, which could not be further from the truth...

Yes, they aren't getting as much for free as they were before the change, but they're still getting their content for free, there's still no forced coercion to make them pay real money...
    hravik wrote: »
    What's the difference between collecting marks, and clipping/saving coupons to go shop during a sale? There's nothing wrong with doing that, just as there was nothing wrong with saving up marks to use during that 'sale'. At least until the devs said so.

Personally I couldn't be bothered saving up the marks like that to wait for a weekend event. The thing that bugs me the most is the continual prodding to play how they think we should play.

As I said above, I have no issue with the practice, I just have issue with the entitlement mentality shown by many who have ranted and raved about the change as if they have been robbed...

I'm not gonna get into 'prodding to play they they think we should play'... I've not felt forced to play STO in any particular fashion myself yet, but I can see how people might feel that way, so I'm not gonna pass judgement there until all the upcoming changes Gecko mentioned in the lastest podcast (and have been mentioned on these forums) have come to pass...

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »

As I said above, I have no issue with the practice, I just have issue with the entitlement mentality shown by many who have ranted and raved about the change as if they have been robbed...

That's because we have been robbed, both in manner of Dil and in the manner of playing ability (aka I can no longer play like I used go).

That is the way I feel now, that is the way I felt when I could no longer get bonus marks from mark boxes that I earned and saved for the Marks event and that is the way I'll feel when they'll get around to nerfig contraband (or disqualify it from the Dill weekends bonus) .

Go ahead, call me entitled for getting bonus Dil on Contraband right now .

Come on, I know you want to .

No one is stopping you .

... or is it that you can act like an TRIBBLE hat only after you got Cryptic's blessings ?!?