test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give us a KDF only -Kazon story arc that is concurrent with Delta Rising

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Why don't you look in the mirror, troll?

Because you fit the EXACT same list.

And from what I've seen of you the past couple of days? You're a grade-C troll. You have years of dedicated work to even make grade-B, as you lack the Nabreeki-level natural talent to be a grade-A.

Keep showing your class, mate. Keep it on, so everyone can see who you really are. Maybe I was wrong about you after all.
    I'm not worried about being a grade-C troll, since I'm not interested in trolling in the first place. But you on the other hand, obviously have your idol Nabreeki to look up to. That's some pretty big shoes you need to fill there, now everything you posted here makes much more sense. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shpoks= pot Woffran101= Kettle

Pot met Kettle, you're both black! Either provide proof of either one of your claims, or zip it. Gonna get this thread shut down with this mud throwing.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Keep showing your class, mate. Keep it on, so everyone can see who you really are. Maybe I was wrong about you after all.
    I'm not worried about being a grade-C troll, since I'm not interested in trolling in the first place. But you on the other hand, obviously have your idol Nabreeki to look up to. That's some pretty big shoes you need to fill there, now everything you posted here makes much more sense. ;)

Actually, I think Nabreeki's a flaming d*ck who is occasionally amusing.

You, on the other hand, are a lying troll with a massive double standard and a huge blind spot for the titanic idiocy of the Kazon.

Why do you even care about them? They're a terrible antagonist faction on a terrible science-fiction show with notably poor writers. Why could you possibly care?
    edited November 2014
    talonxv wrote: »

Pot met Kettle, you're both black! Either provide proof of either one of your claims, or zip it. Gonna get this thread shut down with this mud throwing.

Fine. Shpoks can have his little victory in this imbecilic equipment-waving contest, simply because I don't feel like doing a couple of Google searches or going on TVTropes right now.

Doesn't change the fact that the Kazon should be kept FAR away from the KDF. FOREVER.
    edited November 2014

Like I already said - I can't provide proof other than common sense. Maybe I can, but I'm not about to be bothered to dig the internet the entire night just to proove something to a couple of random guys on a internet forum. (take no offense, please)

I might have been more motivated if I had made the first claim. But I didn't, he did. It's up to him to provide evidence for his claims. All he did when I called him out on it is label me a troll. Because when you're in a tight spot in a debate, just call the other guy/gal a troll and be done with it.
    Actually, I think Nabreeki's a flaming d*ck who is occasionally amusing.

You, on the other hand, are a lying troll with a massive double standard and a huge blind spot for the titanic idiocy of the Kazon.

Why do you even care about them? They're a terrible antagonist faction on a terrible science-fiction show with notably poor writers. Why could you possibly care?

Continues replying to the person he just called a troll and publicaly stated he's not going to respond to any further - a troll trait. Just FYI. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Like I already said - I can't provide proof other than common sense. Maybe I can, but I'm not about to be bothered to dig the internet the entire night just to proove something to a couple of random guys on a internet forum. (take no offense, please)

I might have been more motivated if I had made the first claim. But I didn't, he did. It's up to him to provide evidence for his claims. All he did when I called him out on it is label me a troll. Because when you're in a tight spot in a debate, just call the other guy/gal a troll and be done with it.

We've been showing the proof of why the Kazon are useless for a dozen pages now and I'm frankly getting tired of posting it over and over so I'm going to give you the short version: they are a spacefaring race that have zero grasp of fundamental sciences and needed massive foreign help to execute any combat tactic other than the Zerg rush. And they're ugly.

But as for your "Picard butthurt" remarks, that is trolling. That he's a pretentious, misguidedly idealistic idiot who should've been a career diplomat instead of a military officer is just my opinion of the character. He's a fine example of a peacetime Starfleet officer, but a frankly lousy wartime CO.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    We've been showing the proof of why the Kazon are useless for a dozen pages now and I'm frankly getting tired of posting it over and over so I'm going to give you the short version: they are a spacefaring race that have zero grasp of fundamental sciences and needed massive foreign help to execute any combat tactic other than the Zerg rush. And they're ugly.

But as for your "Picard butthurt" remarks, that is trolling. That he's a pretentious, misguidedly idealistic idiot who should've been a career diplomat instead of a military officer is just my opinion of the character. He's a fine example of a peacetime Starfleet officer, but a frankly lousy wartime CO.

Till you bring the Borg, in, then all bets are off.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Beat me to the punch. However, shpoks has a position much more grounded in reality than the blind and bigoted view of the Kazon haters. While I dislike the Kazon, they do have their uses.

Granted it is a different issue, but Wizkids has made the Kazon into their own playable faction. While the Nistrim Raider (the smaller ship) only has an attack value of 3 dice. The Predator carrier ship (Relora-Sankur is the unique) has an attack value of 4 dice. For comparison, here are the other ships:

Romulan
    D'Deridex: 3 dice (4 for the Avatar of Tomed/ generic Borgified D'D)
    Valdore/Mogai/Norexan: 4 dice
    TOS BOP: 3 dice
    Scimitar: 6 dice

Klingon
    Negh'Var: 5 dice
    Vor'Cha: 5 dice
    K'Vort: 4 dice
    B'Rel: 4 dice
    K'T'inga: 4 dice
    D7: 3 dice
    Somraw: 3 dice

Federation
    NX: 2 dice
    Connie: 3 dice
    Miranda: 2 dice
    Excelsior: 3 dice
    Galaxy: 4 dice
    Nova: 2 dice
    Defiant: 3 dice
    Intrepid: 4 dice
    Saber: 3 dice
    Sovy: 5 dice

Borg
    Sphere: 6 dice
    Scout: 3 dice
    Type 3: 6 dice
    Tac Cube: 6 dice
    Octahedron: 6 dice

Dominion
    Attack Ship: 3 dice
    Battle Cruiser: 5 dice
    Battleship: 6 dice

Cardassian
    Galor: 4 dice
    Keldon: 5 dice

Vulcan
    D'Kyr: 3 dice
    Suurok: 2 dice

Make what you will of that. Again, I think bigotry is leading people to underestimate the Kazon.
    edited November 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Beat me to the punch. However, shpoks has a position much more grounded in reality than the blind and bigoted view of the Kazon haters. While I dislike the Kazon, they do have their uses.
    Yeah. They're great sources of organ transplants for the Vidiians.
    davidwford wrote: »
    Granted it is a different issue, but Wizkids has made the Kazon into their own playable faction.
    Then why don't you go play that game if you love the Kazon so much.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited November 2014
    Yeah. They're great sources of organ transplants for the Vidiians.

Beat me to it, Starsword.

But why would the Vidiians want organs from a species with no demonstrated knowledge of medicine or hygiene?

Also, my views on Picard and the Sisko are: Picard is absolutely THE guy for First Contact. But the Sisko is the one you want waiting in the wings with his gun-with-engines to blow the bejeezus out of species who take "Hi! We're from the Federation, do you want to be friends?" as an invitation to attack.

Both are great Captains and great people. I just like Picard more.
    edited November 2014
    But why would the Vidiians want organs from a species with no demonstrated knowledge of medicine or hygiene?
    Beats me, but they had a Kazon liver in their fridge in the episode Neelix got his lungs stolen.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited November 2014
    Beats me, but they had a Kazon liver in their fridge in the episode Neelix got his lungs stolen.

That's like the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The liver attracts parasites and diseases like a magnet, why would...

Oh. Teaching example. How NOT to select an organ, or something. If it had been worth anything they'd have already used it.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    livers are not color-coded accoring to species...how could you possibly know it was from a kazon?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited November 2014
    livers are not color-coded accoring to species...how could you possibly know it was from a kazon?

Because Tuvok said so after scanning it with a tricorder.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because Tuvok said so after scanning it with a tricorder.
    oh...well, i've only seen that episode once or twice, so i don't know all the dialogue by heart like i do other episodes
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited November 2014
    oh...well, i've only seen that episode once or twice, so i don't know all the dialogue by heart like i do other episodes

Eh, trick memory. I pick up weird details like that really easy, but half the time I can't remember where I put my keys two seconds ago.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just to be clear to anyone who doesn't know, I'd just like to point out that you can actually manufacture water by accident. You just need a lot of oxygen and hydrogen and energy.

The explosion of the Hindenburg actually created more than 150 metric tons of water. It really is that easy. We don't do it on an industrial scale, because, well . . . the Hindenburg. Putting all the ingredients together can lead to some impressively explosive accidents if not handled properly, and there's never really been a strict need to develop the technology to do it safely, at least in first world countries that can afford to develop it. But, it's not out of reach, or anything. Also, we don't live in an endless desert. Or have access to interstellar spacecraft.

Basically, the Kazon don't understand even basic chemistry.

Also, being rejected by the Borg is like being kept from entering a Wal-Mart by the employees. They'll let literally anyone in, unless they're . . . I dunno. I literally cannot think of a way to be so un-presentable in public. If someone is that bad, they'll probably be locked away for their own good before the day is out. That's the Kazon.
    edited November 2014

Proof that STO is canon. Maybe if you took the time to actually read than to pointlessly rant, you would have realized that.
    But hey, they're ugly! That totally explains it - they're ugly, hence they need to be exterminated! Totally makes sense, just like my Picard remark.....

.....which was obviously spot on. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2014

I do play that game. And the Kazon have been the unexpected factor in many tournaments that I have played. Granted, the Relora-Sankur is forced on some players due to it being a blind booster draw one is required to use in the "Resistance is Futile" OP tournaments. It was disparaged in the first month, but it is now one of the preferred picks in those events where the boosters are opened and players are allowed to choose a ship.

Also, I think it is funny how you can count on one hand the major posters in this thread. You do realize that the high number of replies is actually giving this thread the attention I desired, even it if it could be considered spamming since many of those post have little to do with a Kazon story arc (primary topic) and more to do with Kazon hating. You are actually giving the Kazon attention. If you wanted this issue to be ignored and to go away, then all posts would stop and the thread would be buried amoungst the archives after a month or so. :P
    edited November 2014
    But hey, they're ugly! That totally explains it - they're ugly, hence they need to be exterminated! Totally makes sense, just like my Picard remark.....

Actually, doofus, the main argument is that the Kazon are incredibly, unbelievably, suspension-of-disbelief-breakingly stupid.

There is literally no reason whatsoever that a spacefaring species with FTL and easy access to class-M planets should NEED to attack other species' starships for water. NONE.

The mere fact that the Kazon have to do so, combined with their complete lack of tactical ability and absurdly chauvinistic society, makes them worth wiping out as an act of mercy. For an ENTIRE SPECIES to function at a level below a three-year-old with Down Syndrome is...I can't even put this into words. Basically, the Kazon are so unbelievably stupid and so incredibly backwards that the Klingons would almost certainly wipe them out just on general principle.

And yes, they are ugly. That's not a reason to wipe them out, but it's true.
    edited November 2014
    Actually, doofus, the main argument is that the Kazon are incredibly, unbelievably, suspension-of-disbelief-breakingly stupid.

Keep showing your class mate. It's hillarious that you still don't realize how no one can discredit you as much as you did that to yourself in this thread. But keep showing your real face, it's mildly entertaining. ;)
    And yes, they are ugly. That's not a reason to wipe them out, but it's true.

When you grow up you'll realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, child.

Oh, and another friendly notification - you're still replying to the person you acused of being a troll multiple times and said you're going to cease responding to - a troll trait par excellence. But that's your ultimate goal here, ain't it - to troll the thread until you get it shut down because you hate the Kazon so much.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Keep showing your class mate. It's hillarious that you still don't realize how no one can discredit you as much as you did that to yourself in this thread. But keep showing your real face, it's mildly entertaining. ;)

When you grow up you'll realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, child.

Oh, and another friendly notification - you're still replying to the person you acused of being a troll multiple times and said you're going to cease responding to - a troll trait par excellence. But that's your ultimate goal here, ain't it - to troll the thread until you get it shut down because you hate the Kazon so much.

Actually I want you to grow a pair and realize that your quote mining and general nastiness is beyond stupid and nasty and rapidly approaching pathetic.

Go join the Kazon, little boy. You will be among your peers there. Granted, your peers may smell like compost and have trouble banging two rocks together, but hey, at least they're your peers.

My point is and always will be that the Kazon are so far beyond mere stupidity that their very existence breaks my willing suspension of disbelief. And that takes a LOT.
    edited November 2014
    Actually I want you to grow a pair and realize that your quote mining and general nastiness is beyond stupid and nasty and rapidly approaching pathetic.

Quote mining? General nastiness? It's extremely funny to hear you say that, because if we "quote mine" (see what I did there;)) the replies from both of us in this thread, it's evident who the nasty one is.
    Again, if you want to see general nastiness and beyond stupid take a look in the mirror, assuming you have one.

But by now is clear as day that you're throwing around insults in each post in a vague attempt to get it shut down due to your deep personal issues with a fictional species. Too bad that would be in vain, since we can just start another thread politely discussing the Kazon - so fail!
    Go join the Kazon, little boy. You will be among your peers there. Granted, your peers may smell like compost and have trouble banging two rocks together, but hey, at least they're your peers.

Please, by all means - don't even try to hide your bigotry. Let the world know!
    My point is and always will be that the Kazon are so far beyond mere stupidity that their very existence breaks my willing suspension of disbelief. And that takes a LOT.

Yes, it takes a LOT of trolling to shut down a polite thread for discussing options in the game like the one OP started here, but I'm sure your up to the task by looking up to your idol.
    And you're still replying to me after you said you're done and not talking to me again. LOL :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2014
    I don't even...

Why are you even defending the Kazon? They are canonically and objectively too stupid to be believable. Their only "tactic" is a suicidal rush that makes the Jem'Hadar look like Viet Minh/Viet Cong guerrillas. Their ships are weak, their discipline nonexistent, their "prisons" literally lines on the floor that a "prisoner" is told not to cross. They fight wars over one of the most common compounds in the entire universe. They lack the technological ability or intellectual capacity to keep their own starships running. There is literally no reason or point to their existence.
    edited November 2014
    Proof that STO is canon. Maybe if you took the time to actually read than to pointlessly rant, you would have realized that.
    ... What? That doesn't even make sense.

My remarks on the Kazon are based entirely on their portrayal in VOY, i.e. their canon portrayal. I haven't even looked at their portrayal in STO yet because my computer was getting its hard drive replaced when DR dropped and I spent the next week either working full-time or getting all my software put back together from backup.
    But hey, they're ugly! That totally explains it - they're ugly, hence they need to be exterminated!
    No, them being ugly is just the icing on the cake. :D

As for the Picard stuff, I'm just going to ignore that as a red herring and move on.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's a lines from the doctor in the new bonus episode that shows they have been reading this thread or atleast one similar. I think it is most likely the best thing about DR is the snarky comments from the doctor while you are doing the mission lol.

I know I go on rants a lot but in all seriousness while I'm in good spirits lol. There could actually be a plot window with this to make a KDF Kazon story arc that could fit the marauding aspect/klingon aspects we all know and love from the series. The window I see is how when the KDF conquers or helps to conquer a region of space or some empire out there. They could have one of the sects or a combination of them form a task force that allows the Kazon to take all the assets the Trabe if I spelled it right and basically absorbed into the empire to expand its reach.

I could see Cryptic using this and maybe building some concurrent with the federation and the romulan republic with other factions of the DR/delta quadrant and releasing some new T6 ships that somewhat are built for long term engagements in the delta quadrant being these kind of ships wouldn't be counted for the assets needed in securing alpha quadrant threats to not over extend into the delta quadrant like j'mpok voiced about in one of the DR missions if I remember right. Biggest problem I've had with DR though is the trend that continued with it with the KDF about unused potential like this unless they already had something planned down the road like this but most likely if anything will be years before we find out.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Again, why should we KDF suffer those idiots? Give them to the Feds, they like working with incompetent nutcases like the Kazon.

Not to say any Fed member race is actually that bad, just the principle.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2014
    Speaking as a romulan first and a Fed second, do you guys really want the Kazon? To quote the doctor, not even the Borg assimilate Kazon... and they assimilate talaxians for God's sake.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
    edited November 2014
    ... What? That doesn't even make sense.

My remarks on the Kazon are based entirely on their portrayal in VOY, i.e. their canon portrayal. I haven't even looked at their portrayal in STO yet because my computer was getting its hard drive replaced when DR dropped and I spent the next week either working full-time or getting all my software put back together from backup.

No, no.....the whole discussion about the 'proof' you quoted a page or two ago was not about the Kazon, but a heated discussion between me and worffan about STO being considered canon or not. That part was not about the Kazon, it just got derailed like that at a certain point. :D
    But lets leave that particular discussion to die since it has derailed the thread long enough, this has been about the Kazon first and foremost as the OP intended.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2014
    There is literally no reason whatsoever that a spacefaring species with FTL and easy access to class-M planets should NEED to attack other species' starships for water. NONE.

As I recall, Neelix said EVERYONE in that particular sector required water, and that water was particularly scarce IN THE ENTIRE SECTOR. Granted that is within only a few light years span, but when you lack replicator tech, it becomes the diamond-water paradox.

http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/diamond-water-paradox-in-economics-definition-examples.html#lesson
    http://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/awb_nav.pl?s=wpd&c=dsp&k=diamond-water+paradox
    http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library/chart-graph/water-diamond-paradox