test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - September 30, 2014

Comments

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    notoryczny wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHA. It looks so nice when you write about it. 5 minutes for Vlugta mining is just a cherry on top. Please, do an uncut 5 minute video of completing that mission. Start at the end of Defera mission. Next, I want a successful 15-minute Breach run video. Just to make it realistic, don't call your fleeties for help.

Have you actually TRIED to do Vlugta on, say, 5 characters in a row? (in a row to coordinate cooldowns, so it actually is available on next char when you finish it on previous.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19601001&postcount=128

Not my fault you can't play the game outside of ISE properly or don't have a fleet to help you out. Just because you can't, ain't my problem. It's possible.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Not my fault you can't play the game outside of ISE properly or don't have a fleet to help you out. Just because you can't, ain't my problem. It's possible.

Dude, I pug (and basically only pug) elite queues for the last 3 years. I'm either senior officer or leader of 4-fleet group, depending how you look at it. I don't have a problem maxing out dil refinery allowance on 7 characters per day. Now I say that my playstyle would have to be drastically changed to include stuff I actually actively dislike (battlezones) or my dil income will be halved.

Yet you still say I don't know what I'm doing. Adorable.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    edited October 2014
    Dude, I pug (and basically only pug) elite queues for the last 3 years. I'm either senior officer or leader of 4-fleet group, depending how you look at it. I don't have a problem maxing out dil refinery allowance on 7 characters per day. Now I say that my playstyle would have to be drastically changed to include stuff I actually actively dislike (battlezones) or my dil income will be halved.

Yet you still say I don't know what I'm doing. Adorable.

Yep... but you mentioned the problem in your argement.

You're not mad that you won't be able to get the dil you need in 2 hours or so. You just don't want to do all the content. Just the content you want to do, and be rewarded for ignoring the rest.

So by your own admission you admit you CAN do what you were crying about, getting dil in 2 hours, you're crying that you have to do something outside of your comfort zone.

That's a totally different arguement. You want Notoryczny Online.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    That speed and turn rate is just nuts! :eek:

it was mostly the raw speed and slide, didnt even need turn consoles to deal with npcs. half of that was EPtE though, if you have never flown a ship running that before i bet it looked crazy fast.

if i were running AtD too i would have had ~130 flight speed and ~90 turn rate
    You don't have your build on STO academy by chance?

its all pretty cookie cutter. you get to see the equipment screen, its using the delta set on tribble, plus those green bio phasers, spire tac consoles, the rest crit and set bonus consoles.

station setup again pretty AtB cookie cutter

TT1, CRF1, TS3, APO3
    EPtE1, AtB1, EPtS3
    ET1, AtB1, RSP2

HE1, ST2

need 3 purple tech doffs, and thats about it really
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Next, I want a successful 15-minute Breach run video. Just to make it realistic, don't call your fleeties for help..

Do you need to do an elite PVE to get Dyson marks? Hell no, that's the sucker's way of filling their dil quota. Small repeatable missions [that satisfy a daily mark bonus] coupled with a battlezone run [even just once every few days] are all you need. With a little doffing you can easily bypass queued PVE content (so what you do end up queuing for falls into the category of "what you want to do for fun, the rewards are just a bonus.")

It doesn't take an effort in modern STO to satisfy dil requirements on/with multiple characters. Years ago you needed to make targeted runs through STF's and the like, but now you definitely can take a more laid back approach.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it was mostly the raw speed and slide, didnt even need turn consoles to deal with npcs. half of that was EPtE though, if you have never flown a ship running that before i bet it looked crazy fast.

if i were running AtD too i would have had ~130 flight speed and ~90 turn rate

its all pretty cookie cutter. you get to see the equipment screen, its using the delta set on tribble, plus those green bio phasers, spire tac consoles, the rest crit and set bonus consoles.

station setup again pretty AtB cookie cutter

TT1, CRF1, TS3, APO3
    EPtE1, AtB1, EPtS3
    ET1, AtB1, RSP2

HE1, ST2

need 3 purple tech doffs, and thats about it really

Ah great, thanks. I missed the Equipment screen completely :D
  • zechszechs Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can you unlock my ships plz
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only thing that I want to know is if they will add the special items needed for some Reputation equipment (READ: BORG NEURAL PROCESSORS and VOTH CYBERNETIC IMPLANTS) to Normal and Advanced, and if not, will just outright remove the Reputation requirements for them.

As it is, Dilithium Rising is shaping up to be rather unfriendly to all but the most hardcore players, in terms of getting access to half-decent equipment sets. I understand that Delta Rising is less about the players and more about the money, but throw free players and casuals a lifeline and don't completely lock them out of attaining usable and useful gear. The Reputation system is already a lengthy development process as it is, and combined with the Dilithium reqs, Marks, and sometimes special items, balances out the relatively useful rewards.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing Multi-Vector Consoles or the Saucer/Chevron Separation consoles on the list of CD-reduced consoles.
    edited October 2014
    Yep... but you mentioned the problem in your argement.

You're not mad that you won't be able to get the dil you need in 2 hours or so. You just don't want to do all the content. Just the content you want to do, and be rewarded for ignoring the rest.

So by your own admission you admit you CAN do what you were crying about, getting dil in 2 hours, you're crying that you have to do something outside of your comfort zone.

That's a totally different arguement. You want Notoryczny Online.

Not mad at all, just disenchanted and disappointed. Not crying, just not wanting to do content I actively despise, and I specifically mentioned battlezones. Yet you insist that doing them is required for your 1h 45m round of dailies. Again, you are decrying me for wanting to have fun. For doing thing I actually enjoy doing. If thats not yelling I'm not playing it right according to your ideas, I don't know what it is. Its a game, not work assignment. Your and my idea of having fun can coexist, yet for some reason Crypting is nerfing and cutting out content.

Do you need to do an elite PVE to get Dyson marks? Hell no, that's the sucker's way of filling their dil quota. Small repeatable missions [that satisfy a daily mark bonus] coupled with a battlezone run [even just once every few days] are all you need. With a little doffing you can easily bypass queued PVE content (so what you do end up queuing for falls into the category of "what you want to do for fun, the rewards are just a bonus.")

It doesn't take an effort in modern STO to satisfy dil requirements on/with multiple characters. Years ago you needed to make targeted runs through STF's and the like, but now you definitely can take a more laid back approach.

I don't need nor want Dyson marks at all. I got to t5 on at least 4 characters. If I want to run Breach, I do it on Elite because Normal is just insulting - time/reward ratio is insulting, and teammates are just tombstones I have to drag along.

I did "small repeatable missions" to the whole s6 and most of s7. Fed up with them. Yet still, you insist I should do them.

Earlier I specified I despise battlegrounds, not because they are ground, but because they have nothing to do with Star Trek, nothing to do with content I actually enjoy, and are proof of Cryptic's laziness - if they want to brag they added a lot of new content, they just copypaste another battlezone.

I doff all the time. nuff' said.

As for targeted runs through STFs, I did those too. Still have my mk xi ground sets and mk xii space sets to prove that. Camping in KASE for 3 weeks waiting for IIRC shield salvage was actually funnier than most stuff I do in this game nowadays.

Again, you seem to completely miss the point - its not about playing in a right or wrong way, its about nerfing rewards and thus forcing people to play less interesting (for them) content and being funneled trough stuff Cryptic assigned higher rewards because its "new content".
    You will have to play longer and longer to get a satisfying amount of rewards and your choice of queues/missions you find rewarding enough will be narrowed, plus those missions you find interesting will have their rewards lowered with time.

Some time ago Cryptic decided to go for time/reward ratio. Now its becoming "time/reward IF you play what we consider interesting". No matter what, you are going to play only one chunk of content in given moment - if you do X, you can't do Y in the same time. Yet Cryptic essentially forces you to play Z, because X, Y, B and G were either removed or are behind on time/reward scale. Say what you want, but I can't call it fair.
    On top of that, they are going from time/reward to 2x time/reward, and add a layer of difficulty (nonoptionals or more crowded maps).

Hell, I should be able to handle this - but think of the average pugger who is basically carried by any decent player that happens to be around. Why his rewards are being cut? Even if your STF 4-6k dps pugger can handle a Borg queue, it doesn't mean he will be able to deliver his performance in Breach, Viscous or anything else - those are not significantly more difficult tham ISE, but they require a different approach. Somehow I don't see a casual, weekend player adjusting to 4-5 different types of gameplay. He will fail several times and more often than not he will stick to what he already knows, and at this point he will be struck by basically halved rewards. Eventually he will see Dilithium Rising as a dissapointment and he will just leave.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Never really gave that good of stuff so....

vr mk xii stuff... not very good?!
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    vr mk xii stuff... not very good?!

99% of the VR MK XII stuff was junk, shields , deflectors

the occasional beam array mk xii [acc]x3 comes along
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    99% of the VR MK XII stuff was junk, shields , deflectors

I just sold a polaron turret the other day- 300k ec, helps alot.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and how many of those are we going to get after DR

you act like nothing is changing
    edited October 2014
    Not mad at all, just disenchanted and disappointed. Not crying, just not wanting to do content I actively despise, and I specifically mentioned battlezones. Yet you insist that doing them is required for your 1h 45m round of dailies. Again, you are decrying me for wanting to have fun. For doing thing I actually enjoy doing. If thats not yelling I'm not playing it right according to your ideas, I don't know what it is. Its a game, not work assignment. Your and my idea of having fun can coexist, yet for some reason Crypting is nerfing and cutting out content.

I don't need nor want Dyson marks at all. I got to t5 on at least 4 characters. If I want to run Breach, I do it on Elite because Normal is just insulting - time/reward ratio is insulting, and teammates are just tombstones I have to drag along.

I did "small repeatable missions" to the whole s6 and most of s7. Fed up with them. Yet still, you insist I should do them.

Earlier I specified I despise battlegrounds, not because they are ground, but because they have nothing to do with Star Trek, nothing to do with content I actually enjoy, and are proof of Cryptic's laziness - if they want to brag they added a lot of new content, they just copypaste another battlezone.

I doff all the time. nuff' said.

I think we're looking at two different arguements though. The arguement that by nerfing dil in STFs we can't get enough dil to do our 8k dilithium cap is one arguement, that's patently false, we both admit that. You can still get your 8k dilithium in about 2 hours. Okay so we basically agree on that.

The other arguement is that by Cryptic doing what it's doing with STFs you're going to be forced to do content that you patently dislike. In some ways I agree with you on that. However from what I've seen in livestreams and on blogs, the devs have said repeatedly that they were trying to get people to play more of the content and not just the same old content over and over again. They've also said that they never intended us to get dil as quickly as the average play has.

So this is their way of doing that.

Do I agree with them forcing people into content that they despise? No I agree with you there. It's our game not theres and we should be able to play pretty much how we want when we want.

But really on the other hand they're saying we're not forcing you to do anything. You choose to either do only content you want or do it all. We're just going to reward the people who do more of the content more then the people who do less.

I can see both sides on this one.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    If I'm reading this right, EVERY queue should now reward dilithium, which is probably why the payouts have been lowered. It's nice to finally see everything normalized.

No offense , but if you think this will make ppl play the other queues (which they did not like to play before) then you're running on the same fumes D'Angelo was on when he decided to take away the STF Dil awards at the beginning of S.7 .

Just like the removal of the bonus Dil hours on the Calendar and the removal of the optional BNP's , this too is just a nerf to your already miserable income .
    edited October 2014
    Do I agree with them forcing people into content that they despise? No I agree with you there. It's our game not theres and we should be able to play pretty much how we want when we want.

But really on the other hand they're saying we're not forcing you to do anything. You choose to either do only content you want or do it all. We're just going to reward the people who do more of the content more then the people who do less.

Nerfing rewards will not make non-borg queues more popular, just the opposite. You can't compare current average time requirement/rewards usefulness/success rate of, say, Crystalline, ISE, Breach and Viscous.

Crystalline has decent average length of play, but sub-par rewards since its not rewarding equivalent of BNP/Iso Injection/Voth Implant. It's pretty well known in the community tho, and because of this failed runs are rare.
    ISE is bread and butter of dil grinder, no chance to make it otherwise.
    Breach has basically the same rewards as ISE, but its really, really long, unpopular and pretty deadly for average player. Common sight in Breach Elite is people who die 7-8 times per run.
    Viscous has decent rewards and is easy id you have a competent team. However, it has the greatest potential to glitch and just become a slaughter with minimal "rewards", its usually pretty messy too. Its Undine spam festival.

No matter how hard Cryptic will pressure, most puggers will stay in Infected, with other 2 Borg queues second. Other ones are just an adventure, not a staple of player's diet. The harder Cryptic will press (by nerfing rewards and ramping up difficulty), the more desperate and angry the playerbase will become.

Add the Great EC Sources Nerf to it and now we get that dil is the major source of ec too. Instead of decent, sellable gear rewards in queues, players will be grinding even more dil and exchange it for zen, than buy keys and sell those for ec. So in addition to huge dil sinks we also get dil=ec thing. The ONLY possible result of that is even more players in "path of least resistance" queues. Player involvement will become more and more focused - it will be even more Infected. Look at queue window and compare number of players in ISE with any other queue. Most ridiculous thing to do is to nerf rewards in that "least resistance", it will lead only to more boredom and Infected spamming.
    Season 6 had it covered, since there was an incentive to play all 6 of Borg queues - unique rewards in each of them. Season 7 changed that and we got instant death of ground queues.
    If I got a shot at revitalising queues, I would add good gear rewards to every queue, but with a twist - space items in ground queues, ground items in space queues. This would help both the ingame economy (more trading on Exchange) and it would lure players to different queues. Want a cannon? Do a certain ground queue. Want a beam array? Do a different one. This way sworn space players would get a shot at completing at least marginally effective ground gear, possibly luring them to ground queues awarding potentially valuable space items.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the funny thing from my side about all the whining about dil reward nerfs is that I haven't touched stfs for dil grinding in a long time, why bother with it, I can play DGZ get the dailies plus run one extra and come out with 10k+ dil in 60-70 minutes. (raw rewards + 10 convertible drops + mark conversion)

If they nerf dyson people can start whining because its the single best source to get dil in game.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Zen is already costs less and less dilithium so why the nerf is really needed?
  • tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Everyone calls it a nerf. Cryptic probably sees it as a standardization of queu rewards. The Borg queues were rewarding far more than their counterparts and were generally much easier. If you play Viscous Cycle you will quickly realize that it's harder that ISE.

The queue rewards 240 dil right now. It rewards as few as 35 marks because speed apparently counts on whether the larva and optionals will show up. Couple that with some folks not knowing what they are doing and it's very hard to finish this queue.

It doesn't help that if you want argonite gas it's this or the other undine space queue which is actually worse in terms of time/reward ratio.

In short an ise run takes 5 minutes awards 960 dil and 75 marks for a successful optional. It's far more than anything else. I always thought to myself that cryptic would "fix" this. I just hoped that they would bring the other queues in line with the Borg queues.

Also for the love of kah'less can the KDF get a nice support/science tier 6 ship? Or at least a good bop? The Feds got the nice upgraded Aquarius we get the big nothing? There has to be more than enough KDF players to justify one more ship right? Can we get something nice? Willing to pay, my own money I swear.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Zen is already costs less and less dilithium so why the nerf is really needed?

I think the gear nerf is for 2 reasons (likely more):

1. They don't know how to un-scale the rewards in Fleet Actions and STFs. Can't have us getting MK XIII and MK XIV gear outside of the crafting and upgrade system, can we?

2. They have been nerfing the loot tables forever - they want an easier-to-quantify system for the economy, and by removing an EC income point they can make better projections as it takes out that random data point.

I think it is foolish. They already nerfed the values of items to dirt, and now they are removing the possibility of sellable items that have ANY EC value or functionality. You want gear? Get a special Requisition pack from a lockbox.....but only to MK XII.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Some more thoughts:

Every advanced and elite instance should have a guaranteed drop of very rare crafting materials (3-10 on advanced, 5-20 on elite). Do you honestly want to keep playing the same instances over and over and get slapped in the face at the end?

In addition to normalizing every queue, individual queues also need to be re-evaluated in terms of time/reward ratios.

There needs to be a substantial increase in the quality of enemy loot drops on higher difficulties. We need be a better incentive to play on higher difficulties other than offering a more challenging experience. This game does not respect my time in many areas and this needs to change. I want to play on elite, in fact I should be playing on elite on a regular basis since I'm prepared for it, but there is absolutely nothing worthwhile about playing on this difficulty.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    its pretty clever of cryptic to hide the feddie BoP amongst all the dil nerf noise.
    well played.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    its pretty clever of cryptic to hide the feddie BoP amongst all the dil nerf noise.
    well played.

If it helps , everyone was bemoaning the Anniversary Grind , when they took out the Bonus hours with the Calendar .
    Nobody remembers the Anni. Grind now , but you all earn less Dil & stuff because of it .
  • sphinx1975sphinx1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ============
    Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit.

Improved its turn rate from 9 to 10.
    Improved its inertial from 40 to 45.
    Added a +accuracy bonus on the Console - Universal - Tachyon Grid to both the passive and active effects.
    The Fleet and T5-U versions of this starship will also benefit from the improvements above.
    ============

While seeing a change to the Nebula sci boat is welcome, why a turn and speed buff? It's the sci boat with the largest hull so wouldn't a hull bonus make a more logical choice as it shares a lot of the same design traits of the Galaxy class cruiser? There's already plenty of nimble and speedy science boats.

Also is the accuracy bonus on the Tachyon grid just for all friendly ships in range of the Nebula or just the Nebula captain?
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, so a couple days before a ship sale they announce these lovely buffs to several fed ships...coincidence? Just another blatant cash grab and a way to bolster the anti-kdf argument about people not buying kdf stuff in the c-store. Give us stuff worth buying or buff existing kdf ships like you did the feds and watch the sales soar!
    edited October 2014
    well played.

No generally only a small percentage of the people are impacted by this and care... at all.

Hell most of the PvPers don't care. They've been fighting Romulans long enough that giving a similar ship to the Federation is just really a whatever move. Then consider that PvP is practically dead in this game, and it matters even less to most people.

I'm more concerned that the Federation got what 5 ships and a bunch of upgrades to ships, and the Romulans and Klingons get only 2 each with jack else. I know they need to give the most dev work to the faction that gets the most players but do we need to give all of it to the Federation?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Foundry has many costume pieces that aren't available to players or their Bridge Officers.
    See this is why I remain skeptical.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1240761

;)
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.45.20140928a.1

General:
    • Renamed Aquarius Destroyer to Aquarius Light Escort.
      • Improved its base hull value from 24,000 to 25,500.
      • Improved its shield modifier from 0.85 to 0.9.
      • Improved its turn rate from 17 to 20.
      • Improved its impulse speed from 0.15 to 0.22.
      • Added Raider Flanking, allowing it to gain a damage bonus when attacking a targets' rear arc.
        • +25% Damage vs. NPCs, +8.33% Damage vs. Players.
      • Can now equip Console - Universal - Cloaking Device.
      • All seats, except Commander Tactical, have been upgraded to be Universal.
    • Renamed Fleet Aquarius Destroyer to Fleet Aquarius Light Escort.
      • Improved its base hull value from 26,400 to 28,050.
      • Improved its shield modifier from 0.935 to 0.99.
      • Improved its turn rate from 17 to 20.
      • Improved its impulse speed from 0.15 to 0.22.
      • Added Raider Flanking, allowing it to gain a damage bonus when attacking a targets' rear arc.
        • +25% Damage vs. NPCs, +8.33% Damage vs. Players.
      • Can now equip Starfleet Cloaking Device.
      • All seats, except Commander Tactical, have been upgraded to be Universal.
      • T5-U versions of this starship will benefit from the improvements above.
      • Fleet Aquarius Light Escort [T5-U].
        • This starship now has the Raider Starship Mastery package:
          • Level 1: Precise Weapon Systems (+Accuracy)
          • Level 2: Tactical Maneuver (+Defense)
          • Level 3: Enhanced Weapon Systems (+Damage)
          • Level 4: Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Crit Severity)
    • Vesta Multi-Mission Science Vessels.
      • Improved its base hull value from 27,900 to 29,040.
      • Improved its shield modifier from 1.35 to 1.4.
    • Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit.
      • Improved its turn rate from 9 to 10.
      • Improved its inertial from 40 to 45.
      • Added a +accuracy bonus on the Console - Universal - Tachyon Grid to both the passive and active effects.
      • The Fleet and T5-U versions of this starship will also benefit from the improvements above.
    • D'Kyr Science Vessel
      • Improved its turn rate from 10 to 11.
      • Improved its Inertia from 30 to 45.
      • Upgraded the Ensign Science bridge officer seat to Ensign Universal.
    So, about the Varanus being directly inferior to the DSSV and yet costing 2k Zen...? And... a Federation Raider? Hmmm...
    General:
    • Reduced the recharge time of all console abilities that had a 3 minute (or greater) recharge time to 2 minutes.
    Cool, that actually helps bring the console slot on T5-U11 into closer balance with the Lt Cmdr slot on the T6-10 ships, and makes the "clicky" consoles more useful by far. There seemed to be a few missing from the list, though; does all mean all, or is it like Dr. Sibak (clone) who later got a text correction rather than fixing his functionality?
    Content:
    • All queues will reward Skill Points, Dilithium, and Crafting materials based on their difficulty level.
      • 8,000 – 16,000 Skill Points based on average time in queue.
      • 240, 480, or 960 Dilithium based on difficulty.
      • No queue will reward gear.
    :eek: Authorization Janeway-pi-one-one-zero...

You should remind the rest of the Dev team about the response to the Borg STFs last time the item rewards were removed and the dilithium nerfed. Doing that to the Queues simply means that PuGs will disappear entirely, especially since Advanced queues are in theory the equivalent of current Elites with added hitpoints and mandatory optionals. This, following the recent addition of further dilithium sinks, seems like a singularly bad idea.

I appreciate the attempt to balance the rewards, but balance and nerf are not mutually inclusive terms.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The devs are typically responding in threads like this one, but they have been everywhere but here. I wonder why..
    Galactic Horde.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, about the Varanus being directly inferior to the DSSV and yet costing 2k Zen...?

Apart from the shield modifier, which is higher on Federation ships anyway, how exactly is it inferior? An honest question, not intending to be a Fed supremacist (sorry if I sound like one).
    MXeSfqV.jpg