What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - September 30, 2014

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Short version: Zero, do you know If we get Intel Uniforms to buy?

Wouldn't be surprised if intel uniforms will either come from A. 3/3 on the reputation set or B. a new fleet holding. I'm sure with the heavy, heavy emphasis on intel Cryptic knows the Section 31 uniform for only ONE faction is insufficient. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Or instead of making a complete fool out of yourself you could pay attention to dev posts like this one where Bort admits that there is a problem with Intel boff powers not showing up next to their picture frame:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19181621&postcount=11

And how am I supposed to find that when I searched the forum for any use of the term "Intelligence Officer" and the search function yielded no results other than when I said it in a post?

By the way, thank you for showing me this.
    I appreciate it very much.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well...good you know you think YOUR preferences outweigh MY preferences.
    And this is after you pretty much just called someone else's issues selfish & insignificant.

I wish we could block people in the forums; I hate hypocrites.
    I'm done with these useless forums.
    Uh, I didn't say or imply that mine were above yours...

Just that while you think that's a big issue, which is okay, period, it simply isn't for others - preferences had nothing to do with it. That is all.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And how am I supposed to find that when I searched the forum for any use of the term "Intelligence Officer" and the search function yielded no results other than when I said it in a post?

The Dev Tracker?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wouldn't be surprised if intel uniforms will either come from A. 3/3 on the reputation set or B. a new fleet holding. I'm sure with the heavy, heavy emphasis on intel Cryptic knows the Section 31 uniform for only ONE faction is insufficient. :P

Reputation is rather an Armor stuff, and they haven't announced a new Holding...

Peanut-Butter Lock-Box time! :D
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    240, 480, or 960 Dilithium based on difficulty.
    No queue will reward gear.

Well, I have absolutely no reason to do queued content anymore :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    The Dev Tracker?

The only "Dev Tracker" I know of is the one that always says it has no new messages in it.
    Like I said, thank you for posting that link; I appreciate it very much.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mkXII phaser beam array [acc]x3 is a reward in 3 of the DR story missions? thats REALLY finalized? and if so, could you make the other 2 missions a disruptor and plasma beam instead? or at least a phaser DHC and turret?

and when are you going to include into the guardian's description that it can saucer sep? looking at the the actual model in the ship requisition store, it CLEARLY was built to. let me guess, need a sep console from the galaxy slotted to separate? i hope its galaxy, and not the chevron sep from the ody, don't got that console...

the aquarius is now a little monster, and slightly better then the breen raider in every way that maters. only thing mission is a fleet mod discount if you bought any of the c store odys.

so now nothing will have more then a 2 minute cool down huh? even future lock box ship consoles huh? lol. on many clickies, this will be REALLY annoying, but on others, totally appropriate.

the uni ENS and turn buff is nice on the vulcan sci, but it would have really been nice if a fleet version was created too. its still only going to end up with 10 consoles max

dude on pod cast can stop complaining now, vesta hull got buffed

was surprised to see the nebula buffed most of all. you guys do know that the volume of that big sensor dish its got, is greater then the neck section it doesnt have right? meaning its actually a heavier ship then the galaxy class? yet it has 4 more turn? this simply does not make sense, big cruiser turn rates in general are much lower then they should be.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The only "Dev Tracker" I know of is the one that always says it has no new messages in it.
    No messages?

Ah yes, that shows up all the time if you aren't signed in via account. If you are however, The Dev Tracker should show/track all dev messages no matter what. It has a slight issue with attempt to go to any page beside #1, but still, it's here on the forums itself.

Search engine is much less reliable
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Oh, and this just got pointed out to me.

WHAT THE EVERLOVING SISKO IS THIS?! I thought the point of the new Elite was to award MORE. Not to award the SAME and lower everything ELSE! It's already too low as it frakking IS, now you make it worse? When you just added ANOTHER massive Dilithium sink?

Cryptic, it's like you don't even like your players. This is NONSENSE. More Dilithium costs. No refining cap increase. And now it's harder to GET. And now the new Nightmare-level Elite... isn't even worth playing, since its value NOW is equal to what Advanced USED to be before Elite came to be. I don't even MIND the drops not being gear anymore, I always greeded everything and got nothing anyway, so that just removes an annoyance for me. But now you nerf Dilithium outputs. DID YOU NOT LEARN FROM THIS AFTER SEASON 7, CRYPTIC?! Players hated it last time, and guess what? THEY STILL HATE IT. Please please PLEASE revert this. Make Elite give 1440 or something. It's supposed to be HARDER than Holodeck Elite now, so why shouldn't it award MORE than what Holodeck Elite gives?

Every single queue now gives dilithium, not just a handful. With all the queues in game, and the fact that people are bragging how they can do ISE in 90 seconds or less, you can still get your 8k a day dilithium in an hour or two.

Now the 8k a day cap is a totally different story. Really though when you look at it, it's not as bad as you make it out to be. You'll still basically going to earn your cap as quickly. You'll just need to do a few more then the usual queues to get them, but now you get to choose between ALL the queues.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014

By the way, thank you for showing me this.
    I appreciate it very much.

If "intelligence" doesn't get you a result, try variations like "intel" (I already knew about that particular post but I couldn't remember what thread it was in so I searched for "intel" using "devtracker" as the user name and restricted the results to the whole testing section). This is generally true of most searches (including Google), if search A doesn't work, try switching terms/phrases up with search B, C, etc. to make your search-fu strong.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

(Although it's a pain sometimes in that it likes to refresh the search instead of go to page 2, 3, N unless you quickly change pages right after the search.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If there is no reward gear. Why the heck play any of the new queues? If that's the case, I will just play the Borg queues and call it a day!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mkXII phaser beam array [acc]x3 is a reward in 3 of the DR story missions? thats REALLY finalized? and if so, could you make the other 2 missions a disruptor and plasma beam instead? or at least a phaser DHC and turret?

and when are you going to include into the guardian's description that it can saucer sep? looking at the the actual model in the ship requisition store, it CLEARLY was built to. let me guess, need a sep console from the galaxy slotted to separate? i hope its galaxy, and not the chevron sep from the ody, don't got that console .

Geko mentioned that the Sep is not implemented but maybe considered for a later time.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If there is no reward gear. Why the heck play any of the new queues? If that's the case, I will just play the Borg queues and call it a day!

The reward gear thing kind of makes sense too. With every queue dropping Rep Marks now, you can get your gear that way now, or use the queued dropped crafting gear to make non-rep gear.

Gear is still there, but in typical Cryptic fashion you'll have to work for it a bit more.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If I recall correctly from my various DR playthroughs, loot rewards on patrol mission sets are randomized. I'm seeing that Mk XII beam array too but I suspect that after completing this next group of missions I'm going to see a different assortment of gear offered up (testing shortly.)
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Gear is still there, but in typical Cryptic fashion you'll have to work for it a bit more.

...Or you can do DR patrol missions. It seems like cryptic is just re-organizing the various expected grinds (standardizing PVE's while spinning off a dropped reward into something else.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    And yet, with alts, even with just 2k Dil per alt via Turn in Contraband, you can convert that Dil into Zen... and then on the character that you wish, turn it back into Dil. Using this method bypasses the cap entirely, because it rewards refined Dil to the character who needs it. I've done fine that way, without fleet or Vet refiners imo

It's not necessary to hit the cap, or to get these 'sinks' done right away - which btw are meant to take time to complete

And I'm not so sure it would actually be 'for the better' - I more likely see that, due to the new large influx of Dil, people would drive up the prices on the exchange as a result. Then it would take even longer to get for those who can't play regularly or don't want to hit the cap, and thus cause issues in the long run

Meant to take time, yes. Not meant to take YEARS. Which it DOES. Now, I'm going to refer you to macro-economics. When you have too much DEMAND for something and not enough SUPPLY of the something, the value is hiked into the ceiling. This is known as INFLATION. The value of Dilithium is GROSSLY INFLATED by the number of sinks compared to the supply. NO ONE is going to have a dozen alts devoted to DOffing for Contraband. Your way is literally "grind the most boring grind the game has to PARTIALLY bypass a time gate that is set far too low." The game is limited to 49 characters per account (which, by the way, costs a lot of ZEN to get to anyway). So yes, you can TECHNICALLY have almost 100,000 Dilithium per day. But how long does it take to GET 49 Contraband every day? Supply is still ridiculously low compared to demand. So inflation is ridiculously high. Which is BAD for an economy.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No messages?

Ah yes, that shows up all the time if you aren't signed in via account. If you are however, The Dev Tracker should show/track all dev messages no matter what. It has a slight issue with attempt to go to any page beside #1, but still, it's here on the forums itself.

Search engine is much less reliable

Ohhhhhh!

That explains it.
    I never login until I see a thread title that interests me, and open it in a separate window...and I then login in that separate window if I have something to contribute to the discussion.
    >.<
    My bad.
    Thank you.
    If "intelligence" doesn't get you a result, try variations like "intel" (I already knew about that particular post but I couldn't remember what thread it was in so I searched for "intel" using "devtracker" as the user name and restricted the results to the whole testing section). This is generally true of most searches (including Google), if search A doesn't work, try switching terms/phrases up with search B, C, etc. to make your search-fu strong.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

(Although it's a pain sometimes in that it likes to refresh the search instead of go to page 2, 3, N unless you quickly change pages right after the search.)

Thank you.
    I will try that.

Both of you have been most helpful, and I appreciate your positive, and unbiased informative attitudes.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not all queues have been updated, like the fleet ones. Probably because any level can enter and are scaled accordingly.

I was looking forward to an updated colony invasion and fleet alert... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    Meant to take time, yes. Not meant to take YEARS. Which it DOES. Now, I'm going to refer you to macro-economics. When you have too much DEMAND for something and not enough SUPPLY of the something, the value is hiked into the ceiling. This is known as INFLATION. The value of Dilithium is GROSSLY INFLATED by the number of sinks compared to the supply. NO ONE is going to have a dozen alts devoted to DOffing for Contraband. Your way is literally "grind the most boring grind the game has to PARTIALLY bypass a time gate that is set far too low." The game is limited to 49 characters per account (which, by the way, costs a lot of ZEN to get to anyway). So yes, you can TECHNICALLY have almost 100,000 Dilithium per day. But how long does it take to GET 49 Contraband every day? Supply is still ridiculously low compared to demand. So inflation is ridiculously high. Which is BAD for an economy.
    No one? I think you underestimate the players and their alts, including me XD I have ten characters across the three factions and roles, getting 100's of Zen a day (fine by me), but I've seen people with alt numbers in the 30's. No joke

And btw, please stop using All Caps for emphasis; it's getting a little annoying, and gives off a wrong impression. I know how supply-and-demand works
    Ohhhhhh!

That explains it.
    I never login until I see a thread title that interests me, and open it in a separate window...and I then login in that separate window if I have something to contribute to the discussion.
    >.<
    My bad.
    Thank you.
    You're welcome :D
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    I don't even know what to say to this, I really don't. The Federation gets a BoP that is better then KDF BoPs. It is faster, has way more shields, more hull, more boff powers. Given these stats, when will every KDF BoP get a shieldmod of 0,99? When will the Fleet Norgh get its 10th console? After taking cloaks, did you have to take what little uniqueness there was in being KDF as well?

I'm amazed at myself for being both surprised and disapointed Cryptic. I hope you will surprise me pleasantly with the KDF getting some love on our BoP's soon, I really do. Surprise me again, but this time make it a pleasant surprise. Please. Throw the KDF a bone, announce a T6 BoP, give our BoP's a little higher impulse mods, a little more shields, anything. We don't ask for much, just a little bit of love and attention.

This is not unexpected at all to me considering how many threads there were begging for the aquarius to be made a raider when the flanking finally went live. What is annoying is that you are right that they now have a better BOP than the KDF has and not a mention of doing anything for the KDF in that department. Even worse is that all the ships noted as getting buffs are feds, when they are already getting five T6 ships to the two for the kdf/roms. Still lacking T5F versions of most KDF t5 c-store ships, so no "discounts" on most KDF fleet ships, but hey, let's boost the Vesta when the KDF still doesn't have a sci ship that comes close to it pre-buff! Would not want to "obsolete" a fed 3 pack ship that still makes Cryptic some money...wait, maybe if we buffed some KDF ships those would sell better too?
  • Options
    xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OMG THE FIRST FEDERATION RAIDER: THE AQUARIUS (Not cross faction wise)
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • Options
    spacecmdrtravisspacecmdrtravis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aquarius Destroyer stuff

Well, there goes my Breen raider build for Fed, although the improved flank damage is still sort of attractive. I could easily transfer the core of it to the Aquarius though...
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So current STFs are getting nerfed by 50%.

If the intent is to discourage people and leave a bad taste in their mouths, you're doing a good job. DR is not shaping up to be the expansion I wanted it to be. EC nerfed, then over the top dil sinks added, then dil rewards nerfed. Yep, everything the community has been wanting.

Normal: 480
    Advanced: 960
    Elite: 1440

Anything else is unacceptable.

I still have the voth ground zone for dilithium farming, but if that's ever nerfed I'm gone and I clear some space on my harddrive. What's that old star wars saying? The more you tighten your grip the more star systems will slip through your fingers? Yeah you're gonna start losing players. Players don't want to feel like they're being forced to spend money. I'd rather uninstall a game than feel like that, and I'm starting to feel like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    xablis wrote: »
    Would not want to "obsolete" a fed 3 pack ship that still makes Cryptic some money...wait, maybe if we buffed some KDF ships those would sell better too?

I agree...for what it's worth.
    You'd see more people playing/buying-for KDF if they gave us half as much incentive to do so as they do for Starfleet...whom is already the main focus of Star Trek, and thus does not NEED any additional incentive to play as.

For example: Two of my friends recently started playing and WANTED so bad to have their Romulan Republic toons join the KDF, but after seeing the vast gap between Starfleet & the KDF in terms of ship-choices/mission-content, they felt forced to join Starfleet just so they'd actually feel appropriately rewarded for playing the game.
    So, they joined Starfleet, and have great rewards, but feel deprived of the thrill of being in the KDF that they once anticipated.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Never really gave that good of stuff so....

currently drops Mk XI and MXII purple.... what is not good about it?
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An issue to add to known:
    Omega Torpedo Launcher
    -Recharge time 2s, listed as 0.5s
    -Damage values and DPS tooltip set in function of 2/second fire rate

Just to point out, at that fire rate, the actual DPS (1/4 of listed) made it roughly equivalent to a 90 degree (DBB) version of the kinetic cutting beam. "wrong", but it did work decently that way.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    THye've been nerfing gear forever. More "Playing as intended" - the only gear we're allowed to have is TRIBBLE from the missions or stuff we pay for - nothing else.

Why remove the random gear? Seriously why?

The only thing I can assume is that there's no easy way to shut off the level appropriate loot generation, and we CERTAINLY can't have people getting mk xiii and XIV gear for free, can we?!?!?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like a lot of good stuff!

While you're in a starship buffing mood, I'd like to make a request: please change the Fleet Vo'quv's Lt. Sci to a Lt. Universal. This will obviate the calls for an upgradeable version of the Mirror Vo'quv, among other things.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow I'm gonna need to pick up an Aquarius now. Maybe I'll name it the USS K'vort for a little extra fun.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No one? I think you underestimate the players and their alts, including me XD I have ten characters across the three factions and roles, getting 100's of Zen a day (fine by me), but I've seen people with alt numbers in the 30's. No joke

And btw, please stop using All Caps for emphasis; it's getting a little annoying, and gives off a wrong impression. I know how supply-and-demand works

Hundreds of ZEN. Wow. That's... what, a buck a day? You're grinding your aft off... for a buck a day? (more specifically somewhere around $1.14 a day)

Let's assume, for the moment, that a player is a Lifer, has 49 characters, and is refining 9k a day per character (leaving out how long it takes to get that much ORE per character, which would take well more than a day unless someone can get almost 19,000 ore per hour - or 9k in half an hour). 8k, plus Fleet, plus Veteran (1k in 2 days = 500 a day). They have 441,000 dilithium. So they can make 2520 ZEN a day. That is the ABSOLUTE ZEN per day cap. That's... Okay. Considering an average 8-hour minimum wage work day pays near double that in the US, it's kind of paltry to sell your soul to. Now... let's assume that goes up by, say, 20. Let's make the non-Veteran cap 10k, nice round number. So, with Fleet and Veteran, 11k. Oh wow. The ZEN cap goes up... by $5. And that assumes MAXIMUM effort. So, you're literally arguing that the market will be thrown into absolute chaos... by a couple of extra pennies in most players' pockets every day. Because realistically, that's what it will be. But what it will ALSO be is a massive PR boost - they lose nothing and gain a modicum of popularity, which increases sales - and, therefore, profit. The benefits outweigh the costs.

As for my tendency to use caps, I do so in an endeavor to ensure I am not misunderstood - as often happens when I do otherwise. So, you can either stop debating me or get over it. :rolleyes: I'm trying to ensure there is as little breakdown in communication as possible, to prevent misunderstandings from TRIBBLE up the matter.