Install Arc
Options

Gear Upgrade System

Comments

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The issue is we're here talking about one piece of the expansion. This is a microcosm argument. They haven't released the rest of the actual content, this is testing a system. The players on Tribble right now don't have access to all of Delta Rising's missions and story content.

At the moment we're focusing on this one aspect. Which is fine it's what we're supposed to be doing to generate feedback presumably. But that's not all of what the entire Dev team is working on. So complaining that they're not providing what we pay them for is a short term argument since we haven't seen all they've worked on.

If Delta Rising was like Season 9.5 when they released a half baked crafting system that nobody liked that screwed up a DOFF UI that everybody liked then I'd be with you like the guy at the end of the original Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "Get a rope."

But that's not all we're getting.

There are numerous other threads filled with complaints about pretty much every aspect they've revealed thus far.

T6 ships
    T5 ship upgrades
    Advanced/Elite STFs, etc.

No shortage of "We don't like that. Please reconsider." (or some, other, far less polite, responses).

edit: To be honest, every time new information is released, I just assume it will be more "bad news," at this point. I was fine with a few changes, but there seems to be way more focus on grinding/farming/crafting/waiting than actual fun things to do.
  • Options
    dreaper1985dreaper1985 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @. Thank you for not making a new pay to win function added to the game. If I read it right I am tired right now the actual upgrade system will have level within it self ohhh thks alot for a new damn grind trying to contain my anger here hey why not make it no matter where you are a player has the right to attack you ground sectoe or in orbit of esd TRIBBLE pvp maps and then I can call u dark souls 3.0
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    HA! You must be new here! We (veterans) know how things go when "new content" is released. History has shown us that no matter what, the grind will always be greater than the content (including grinding content, which does not count but to Cryptic/PWE, it does). Season 9 is the best example with the reputation nerf. SOOOO many people did NOT like what they saw on tribble, but we got stuck with it anyways. The list goes on. This will no different.

ohhhh the rep nerf....that was to combat power creep, but here they are adding a new power creep in. Oh the irony lol
    And whats even funnier, is it is going to make a HUGE gap between freshly leveled captains and the veterans, which is another reason why they nerfed the rep, someone at cryptic is braindead lol or has amnesia or somethin lol
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    signumpaxsignumpax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What i read so far on tribble feedback and here, the system sounds interessting to me.

But the costs seam to be not really balanced.
    In past with the dilitium store we had a linaer price system:
    around like that
    Mark I ~2500
    Mark X ~25000

but with that system it seam to be rather exponential like the craftingsystem itself.

corret me if i am wrong.

i understand this should give a long term goal, but maybe it still can be adjusted a bit
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    here here :)
    guess someone is a fanboy :)

Not a fanboy, a defender. :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Not a fanboy, a defender. :)

wasnt meaning you r the fanboy, was referring to captain as fanboy :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    wasnt meaning you r the fanboy, was referring to captain as fanboy :)

I know, I'm just saying that captain isn't a fanboy. :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic: "sorry guys, but we have to limit the rep system because your ships and weapons are too powerful"
    ... a few weeks later...
    Cryptic: "hey guys... we have a brand new idea... we add more powerful ships and more powerful weapons to the game"

WTF?!?

Cryptic: "we intend to allow new lvl50 players to make faster progress so they can join PVP and are closer to long term players"
    ... a few weeks later ...
    Cryptic: "hey guys... we are introducing new stuff that you need in order to be competitive. It requires hell of a time or incredible amounts of dil to get hands on that stuff... so practically its nothing for new players"

WTF?!?
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ohhhh the rep nerf....that was to combat power creep, but here they are adding a new power creep in. Oh the irony lol
    And whats even funnier, is it is going to make a HUGE gap between freshly leveled captains and the veterans, which is another reason why they nerfed the rep, someone at cryptic is braindead lol or has amnesia or somethin lol

Power creep sells, and that is their focus. If you look at the nerfs they made to prevent "power creep" they were things that help PVP. They come out with something, or change something that creates power creep in PVP, and it gets nerfed. If it was something that causes power creep outside of PVP, then they keep it.

Look at the last nerf to the Beam Overload skill. When they first made it where it crit every time BO was used, they nerfed the base damage. However, it was too powerful in PVP (which it really was, since no one had a build to defend against it yet). So, they nerfed the base damage again. It is about where it was without getting a crit before the initial change was made.

The problem is they are trying to give us things that offer power creep in non-PVP content, because it sells. But they are nerfing it for the PVP side. They are trying to cater to both sides at the same time, by making changes that effect both sides. That is the whole problem with PVP in the game.

What they did with the Raiders was a step in the right direction. If you are in PVP, you do less flanking damage to help balance it out more. This needs to be done with a lot of the skills, consoles, and much more. When they come out with something, they need to have a different set of stats for PVP. This will let them keep selling the power creep to non-PVPers, and the PVP players will be able to have a more balanced system that will welcome more players to it.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Power creep sells, and that is their focus. If you look at the nerfs they made to prevent "power creep" they were things that help PVP. They come out with something, or change something that creates power creep in PVP, and it gets nerfed. If it was something that causes power creep outside of PVP, then they keep it.

Look at the last nerf to the Beam Overload skill. When they first made it where it crit every time BO was used, they nerfed the base damage. However, it was too powerful in PVP (which it really was, since no one had a build to defend against it yet). So, they nerfed the base damage again. It is about where it was without getting a crit before the initial change was made.

The problem is they are trying to give us things that offer power creep in non-PVP content, because it sells. But they are nerfing it for the PVP side. They are trying to cater to both sides at the same time, by making changes that effect both sides. That is the whole problem with PVP in the game.

What they did with the Raiders was a step in the right direction. If you are in PVP, you do less flanking damage to help balance it out more. This needs to be done with a lot of the skills, consoles, and much more. When they come out with something, they need to have a different set of stats for PVP. This will let them keep selling the power creep to non-PVPers, and the PVP players will be able to have a more balanced system that will welcome more players to it.

So, why didnt they leave pve rep as was, and nerf it for pvp, that woulda made sense, specially if power creep sells....well it dont now cause it was nerfed lol :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014

You are right. I just don't see this as a PvE vs PvP situation. It's a Grinding≠Content situation.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I know, I'm just saying that captain isn't a fanboy. :)

ah ok....all good. I gotta stop sayin that anyways, sounds horrible and mean :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So, why didnt they leave pve rep as was, and nerf it for pvp, that woulda made sense, specially if power creep sells....well it dont now cause it was nerfed lol :)

Ha! I never actually thought of that. Right on!
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ah ok....all good. I gotta stop sayin that anyways, sounds horrible and mean :)

That's why you say defender. Because where's the negative connotation in being called that?
    signature.png
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 245 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    For those wanting to see the costs atm. I have a spreadsheet up with most of the costs. I also have an example build and the costs to upgrade it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JU8ciOpp5kbplvwFanr7ast9THnAwC3LywmYHZREMx0/edit?usp=sharing

Go to Sheet 2 at the bottom to see more info. Putting in new stuff as I get it.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ha! I never actually thought of that. Right on!

either did i til now lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    For those wanting to see the costs atm. I have a spreadsheet up with most of the costs. I also have an example build and the costs to upgrade it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JU8ciOpp5kbplvwFanr7ast9THnAwC3LywmYHZREMx0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! This is what Cryptic/PWE should be doing but I appreciate you taking initiative and doing it yourself.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That's why you say defender. Because where's the negative connotation in being called that?

i get u now, very good :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014

saved in my STO favourites folder in chrome :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @. Thank you for not making a new pay to win function added to the game. If I read it right I am tired right now the actual upgrade system will have level within it self ohhh thks alot for a new damn grind trying to contain my anger here hey why not make it no matter where you are a player has the right to attack you ground sectoe or in orbit of esd TRIBBLE pvp maps and then I can call u dark souls 3.0

Talk to your fleet mates. Maybe you can trade upgrade gear. That's what people in my fleet are talking about doing. Otherwise, you can make what you can make, sell it and buy what you need on the exchange.
  • Options
    signumpaxsignumpax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thanks a lot for that.

Quite a lot, that really should be adjusted, it feels to high.
    Just imagine how long it takes to get at VR material for it allone......
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014

And that is the whole problem. It takes more time to view them as two different aspects of the game. It is easier to view them as one.

If you look at the rep system, those systems don't make them money. Unless someone doesn't want to grind the little Dil needed to get the gear, and buys Zen for it. So, they can nerf it across the board, and not affect their income by any amount to matter.

However, if you look at the crafting system, ships, and other things that require Zen to get, those are ones that the sell power creep through. Though, if it negatively effects PVP, they nerf it after a lot of them are bought.

If both aspects were seen as two different parts of the game, and were treated as such, then great improvements could be made on both sides. But it is easier to make one adjustment that affects everything. So, we are sold power creep, and when it hurts PVP, it is later nerfed.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mikejf wrote: »
    Will upgrading the mission reward Jem'Hadar sets basically give us the MkXII ones that you currently pay lobi for?
    Well, it seems you will be able to upgrade either, BUT, the Lobi versions have better base stats, so if you want the best end result, use the Lobi version.
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Mother of God.

According to the wiki the Jem body armor is [Energy Dampening Armor Mk XI [RegHPx3] [RegSH]]. The stats on the Mk XII are flat out ridiculous from +54 Kinetic Damage resistance, +54 All Energy Damage resistance, +1.1 Health Regeneration, +7.6 Shield Regeneration every 4 sec to +72.7 Kinetic Damage resistance, +72.7 All Energy Damage resistance, +2.2 Health Regeneration, +15.2 Shield Regeneration every 4 sec. The shield regen is doubled, the health regen is doubled, the kinetic and energy resistance increased to about 150%.

That sounds about right for everyone's favorite ankylosaurian super soldiers.
    so yeah, you can upgrade both to gold, but the Lobi version would seem to be a better choice. I don't have data handy on all Lobi items, but AFAIK the Lobi stuff seems to be in some way better than other MK12 purple gear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And that is the whole problem. It takes more time to view them as two different aspects of the game. It is easier to view them as one.

If you look at the rep system, those systems don't make them money. Unless someone doesn't want to grind the little Dil needed to get the gear, and buys Zen for it. So, they can nerf it across the board, and not affect their income by any amount to matter.

However, if you look at the crafting system, ships, and other things that require Zen to get, those are ones that the sell power creep through. Though, if it negatively effects PVP, they nerf it after a lot of them are bought.

If both aspects were seen as two different parts of the game, and were treated as such, then great improvements could be made on both sides. But it is easier to make one adjustment that affects everything. So, we are sold power creep, and when it hurts PVP, it is later nerfed.

Exactly. Our money we spent could have been put towards that. But instead it gets invested into more "repeatable content". That's the issue.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014

sounds like a case of the lazies to me lol.
    They could do great things with this game if they werent lazy or took the time to do things properly, such a shame really purely because all of us here, have one thing in common, we love star trek
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sounds like a case of the lazies to me lol.
    They could do great things with this game if they werent lazy or took the time to do things properly, such a shame really purely because all of us here, have one thing in common, we love star trek

Lol! Have you read my signature ?
    signature.png
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 245 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Thanks! This is what Cryptic/PWE should be doing but I appreciate you taking initiative and doing it yourself.
    saved in my STO favourites folder in chrome :)
    signumpax wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for that.

Quite a lot, that really should be adjusted, it feels to high.
    Just imagine how long it takes to get at VR material for it allone......

No problem :)
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Lol! Have you read my signature ?

lol, yes i have, many of times, and i feel exactly the same way :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lol, yes i have, many of times, and i feel exactly the same way :)

I came up with the haiku if I do say so myself :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone noticed that you get quite an amount of Crafting XP for each Upgrade Kit you process?

Its even higher then the daily "leveling" project. So if you upgrade all your gear, your R&D level will be much higher (if you havent got a high level yet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]