edited September 2014
    thoth36 wrote: »
    Going with that number, even if only an approximation

8 weapons - 209k dil x 8 = 1 672 000 dil
    shield, deflector and engine - 209k dil x 3 = 627 000 dil
    10 consoles - 209k dil x 10 = 2 090 000 dil

total equipment for 1 ship = 4 389 000 dil

at 183 dil per zen thats 23 984 zen or $240

+ a tier 6 ship to put the equipment in assuming 3500 zen ($35)

$ 275 for a t6 ship equipped with mk XIV

All that on top of the original cost of the items

Just Penny's!
    your numbers are somewhat off, the consoles are 10k dil each
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here we go:

How it works
    1) i take a kit that i craft or buy, best to stack a few in my inventory
    2) i right click my item, in this case a [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK II] and click upgrade item, this brings up the UI we all saw in the blog
    3) I apply one Improved Beam Tech Upgrade to it, seeing that this brings it to mark MK III, with a large amount of points carrying over
    4) after speeding the upgrade up with tiny amounts of dil i find that first upgrade got my console all the way to MK VII
    5) while no upgrade after is that efficient, 8 more upgrades get me to MK XII

The good
    - Consoles are cheap to upgrade, about 10k dil to get them from MK XII to MK XIV
    - My [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK II] took 9k dil and became [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK XII]
    -The kits you need are dirt cheap
    -Upgrades utilize their own set of slots
    -The finish now button has a confirm dialog box on it (still none on the R&D system)
    -You can right click upgrade
    -It wont let you lock up your ship by upgrading equipped items
    -Almost everything can be upgrade, including unique mission weaponry and sets
    -Beam superior kits only take 1 Radiogenic Particle, meaning they will be the second cheapest to upgrade, engineering's trellium-k taking first
    -You dont need to level the R&D system to use the kits
    -When applying a kit using dil, it has a hidden chance to crit and give 1.5x or 2x the research points
    -Each item tells you up front on the tooltip how many points you need until next mark
    -Basic upgrades can be bought from vendors
    -If you have a day's dil lying around you can fight with the RNG to get that mod set you want at MK II, and upgrade it to MK XII and beyond rather cheap
    -During the first ranks, most of your gear can be cheaply upgraded as you level (1k dil per item will guarantee you still have purple gear at captain rank if you use a Improved kit, if you use a superior kit 1k dil will get you to about MK IX or so)
    -You actually have a better chance at getting a rarity increase upgrading an item all the way from MK II than starting with an expensive item

The bad
    -Items such as MK XII rep gear are prohibitively expensive to upgrade, also many space weapons are very pricey
    -You can forget about rarity increasing if you are using Improved Upgrades and dont have luck on your side
    -The final upgrade (to MK XIV) has a timegate of 1 day 8 hours unless you drop 28k dil on the finish now
    -The kits with the best chance of rarity increase appear to take a mat from the new elite tier of missions
    -While some Superior Kits (read: Engineering and Beams) will be around 60-100k, most others will be in the 1 mil range due to the exchange price on the VR mat they take
    -Once again, some items cost FAR too much to upgrade

My Request:
    Rebalance the dil costs to severely reduce weapons and rep/lobi gear cost, and level out the consoles with them, reducing the overall cost but leveling the playing field

Thanks for that summary, jarodroto.

Devs, I agree that this is too dil-intensive, especially for the shinies that a lot of people, myself included, have spent a VERY long time grinding.

PLEASE reduce the overall cost to upgrade items, ESPECIALLY for rep and lobi gear!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here we go:

How it works
    2) i right click my item, in this case a [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK II] and click upgrade item, this brings up the UI we all saw in the blog
    3) I apply one Improved Beam Tech Upgrade to it, seeing that this brings it to mark MK III, with a large amount of points carrying over
    4) after speeding the upgrade up with tiny amounts of dil i find that first upgrade got my console all the way to MK VII

The good
    - Consoles are cheap to upgrade, about 10k dil to get them from MK XII to MK XIV
    - My [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK II] took 9k dil and became [Console-Tactical-Disruptor Induction Coil MK XII]
    -The finish now button has a confirm dialog box on it (still none on the R&D system)
    -Beam superior kits only take 1 Radiogenic Particle, meaning they will be the second cheapest to upgrade, engineering's trellium-k taking first
    -When applying a kit using dil, it has a hidden chance to crit and give 1.5x or 2x the research points
    -Each item tells you up front on the tooltip how many points you need until next mark
    -If you have a day's dil lying around you can fight with the RNG to get that mod set you want at MK II, and upgrade it to MK XII and beyond rather cheap
    -During the first ranks, most of your gear can be cheaply upgraded as you level (1k dil per item will guarantee you still have purple gear at captain rank if you use a Improved kit, if you use a superior kit 1k dil will get you to about MK IX or so)
    -You actually have a better chance at getting a rarity increase upgrading an item all the way from MK II than starting with an expensive item

The bad
    -Items such as MK XII rep gear are prohibitively expensive to upgrade, also many space weapons are very pricey
    -You can forget about rarity increasing if you are using Improved Upgrades and dont have luck on your side
    -The final upgrade (to MK XIV) has a timegate of 1 day 8 hours unless you drop 28k dil on the finish now
    -The kits with the best chance of rarity increase appear to take a mat from the new elite tier of missions
    -While some Superior Kits (read: Engineering and Beams) will be around 60-100k, most others will be in the 1 mil range due to the exchange price on the VR mat they take

My Request:
    Rebalance the dil costs to severely reduce weapons and rep/lobi gear cost, and level out the consoles with them, reducing the overall cost but leveling the playing field

Pretty much this.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Thanks for that summary, jarodroto.

Devs, I agree that this is too dil-intensive, especially for the shinies that a lot of people, myself included, have spent a VERY long time grinding.

PLEASE reduce the overall cost to upgrade items, ESPECIALLY for rep and lobi gear!

Fleet gear too!
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    have you seen the dil exchange lately....guarantee you that rate is gonna drop like a stone when this new sink is added

I'm not planning on purchasing Zen for dilithium so I don't really care about that.
    signature.png
  • Options
    thoth36thoth36 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thanks, corrected above
  • Options
    edited September 2014

But his point still holds true.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here we go:

How it works

The good

The bad

My Request:

You need to be more specific with your request. You might ask "why?". Well because we can't trust Cryptic/PWE to NOT shaft us. Here is a good example: We were worried about our Mk XII gear and had suggested at least a means of upgrading. And look at what we got. We need to learn to be more specific in order to prevent ourselves from being barraged with more grinding.
    signature.png
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why not just add rep projects to upgrade the Reputation Gear? Otherwise, it just feels like forced participation in the crafting system.

And a chance it doesn't work even after spending dilithium? Yeah, THAT'S not an irritating game mechanic, or anything. /sarcasm

Seems like more and more time spent waiting and grinding than having fun.

I foresee all of my alts being dilithium farmers to gear up one character, if I even participate in this nonsense at all.
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was excited for the upgrade gear .. I shouldn't have been surprised..
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Why not just add rep projects to upgrade the Reputation Gear? Otherwise, it just feels like forced participation in the crafting system.

And a chance it doesn't work even after spending dilithium? Yeah, THAT'S not an irritating game mechanic, or anything. /sarcasm

I foresee all of my alts being dilithium farmers to gear up one character, if I even participate in this nonsense at all.

It's forced participation why not do it in the rep system. that's what I've been saying about literally every reward for crafting. take the aegis and other special projects out and there is no reason at all to use crafting. adding this doesn't fix the initial mistakes it just adds more of the same mistakes.....

how is "And a chance it doesn't work even after spending dilithium? Yeah, THAT'S not an irritating game mechanic, or anything. /sarcasm" different from trying get a ultra-violet aegis set and getting the purple instead. the crafting system and everything touching it TRIBBLE....
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »

That would be more logical. Even if they put in a tier 6 for reps. Making everything go thru crafting is just dumb

I think they are rushing this expansion, not thinking things through.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    That would be more logical. Even if they put in a tier 6 for reps. Making everything go thru crafting is just dumb

I think they are rushing this expansion, not thinking things through.

crafting itself is rushed and not thought though so why expect better from something that's added onto it.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014

how is "And a chance it doesn't work even after spending dilithium? Yeah, THAT'S not an irritating game mechanic, or anything. /sarcasm" different from trying get a ultra-violet aegis set and getting the purple instead. the crafting system and everything touching it TRIBBLE....

It's different because you can spend dilithium and time and have a huge chance of getting absolutely nothing in return. That seems just AWFUL to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They say in blog " get a friend to upgrade items for you "

But how can we do that when half the gear we get is bound anyway? They really need to put rep gear back where it belongs, with rep gear, fleet gear, maybe go to a vendor at fleet and do a mission or something.

Crafting belongs with crafting, rep belongs with rep NOT crafting
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    crafting itself is rushed and not thought though so why expect better from something that's added onto it.

true true :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I was playing on elite because elite is the fastest way to level (skill point wise), and they were dropping in space for me. I got 3 superior upgrades and about a dozen basic.
    if you can get those items out of regular enemies in story missions/sector patrols at elite difficulty instead of having to craft them from a purple material you get every 30-40 estfs, this gives an actual incentive to play on elite mode.

finally a reward that makes it worth it.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They say in blog " get a friend to upgrade items for you "

But how can we do that when half the gear we get is bound anyway? They really need to put rep gear back where it belongs, with rep gear, fleet gear, maybe go to a vendor at fleet and do a mission or something.

Crafting belongs with crafting, rep belongs with rep NOT crafting

You don't need to craft. You buy the packs on the exchange or have someone make them for you. You need no crafting skill to use the packs.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    schizojrschizojr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All i have to say is that there should not be such a high dil cost to this upgrade process. A friend upgraded a MK XII purple item up to MK XIII, and it cost him around 13k dilithium to do so. Let's assume the cost is the same to bring it to MK XIV, that another 12-13k. So you're paying around 25k dil for ONE item.

Please revise the dil cost to upgrade.

As a side note, it is noteworthy that the proposed item upgrade process is very similar to Cryptic's other game, NeverWinter. But it that case, there is no dil/astral diamond cost, only the use of enchantments, equivalent to the upgrade kits in STO.
  • Options
    commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cannot upgrade the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, is this intentional? :)
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also you cannot upgrade the Borg Rep Engines :P
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dova25 wrote: »
    If things remain as are now I won't either upgrade much in the following months.

To make it better they have to lower the cost of upgrading and make sure that an upgraded item will not ever get downgraded in process .(Upgrading a item to MK XIV and getting worse stats than before as a MK XII item is not acceptable in my logic.)
    As stated that's a bug. The baseline result when the item upgrades will be the increased mark. When that is hammered out there will be no way to actually end up with a worse item than you started.

The upgrade itself isn't random, it's like upgrading the commendation system or applying expertise to a Boffs abilities. You're steadily improving it until it accrues enough improvements to increase to the next level. Only the quality has a chance of improving.
    Havent we paid enough dil just to get our gear? or Zen to get our ships? For cryin out loud devs, stop thinking of grind festivities and hip pockets all the time.
    The way it stands now, as a LTS, im not touching the gear, the new ships, the rubbish T5 upgrades disguised as a T5-U when they only look like fleet upgrades and only offer a extra console, maybe hull, shields, all of it is pathetic and im not even going to bother with leveling my toons up cause i have so many and knowing you lot, have made that into a grind fest as well and probably take as long to level up as it does to do R & D.
    Good job on killing the game

#DeltaFailing

On the opposite side of that if they didn't put in an upgrade system you would end up grinding for the MkXIV gear from scratch all over again. The world does not exist where they were going to raise the level cap and increases the maximum quality of gear and we weren't going to pay something to get that better gear.

So the short answer is since we don't pay for the actual expansion, or the gameplay content, but solely the things we use in the game NO. We haven't paid enough. And we never will. Because the money we paid last month and last year has been spent. It's been spent on their salaries, it's been spent constructing the new content, it's been spent upgrading the hardware and the servers, it's been spent on their electric bills. This game functions based on a constant stream of money. All MMOs do.
    Here we go:

How it works

The good

The bad

My Request:

A reduction in dilithium costs is definitely a tweak that should be made. Especially on the items that we have already paid dilithium into. A 34k dilithium rep shield should not require as extensive a dilithium input as a drop from a mission.

Another suggestion though.

The Very Rare Material drops are horribly screwed up. I play Undine Infiltration elite and I might actually get Dentarium once out of every thirty times I open the box. If it says Dentarium on the box, we should at least get one Dentarium in each box. It's the same tweak they made with the lockboxes a while back. Each Lockbox now has AT LEAST 4 lobi in it. I need at LEAST 1 Dentarium. I have thousands of Undine marks, and more than enough Isomorphic Injectors, I play it because I need Dentarium (and I actually like the mission). But it's the same RNG TRIBBLE that was the reason people mastered the hell out of playing STFs ages ago but still hadn't gotten the Rare Prototype Borg gear to get their sets. That led to the rep system which was a guaranteed way to get that gear.

It's not just that one mission but all of them. Sometimes for different characters and different people. The Very Rare Mats need to at least have one mandatory drop for the missions that specifically reward them. That would actually even a little bit of that price gouging out on the kits.

I will never EEEVER spend one pink rock on rush finishing an item. Not in crafting and not in upgrading. I wish they would stop offering.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    On the opposite side of that if they didn't put in an upgrade system you would end up grinding for the MkXIV gear from scratch all over again. The world does not exist where they were going to raise the level cap and increases the maximum quality of gear and we weren't going to pay something to get that better gear.

So the short answer is since we don't pay for the actual expansion, or the gameplay content, but solely the things we use in the game NO. We haven't paid enough. And we never will. Because the money we paid last month and last year has been spent. It's been spent on their salaries, it's been spent constructing the new content, it's been spent upgrading the hardware and the servers, it's been spent on their electric bills. This game functions based on a constant stream of money. All MMOs do.
    Our money may have already been spent but that is not our problem. We will no longer spend money if all they can do is spend it on developing more grinding content as opposed to just content. Like I've said before, their aim is to make money instead of saving it. They could have saved a lot of money by changing our current gear to mk XIV upon the drop of the expansion. But NO, they go about making a whole entire new UI that forces us to grind and/or pay. Where's the logic in that? Oh yeah, not everybody has mk XII gear and we rather make money than allow this game to actually be fun. Well then they can grind just as we have. Or better yet, give them a free ride too! I bet they would tell their friends and Cryptic/PWE would get more players airgo, customers. But BAH! Let's make them grind until they either cave in and sink more money in or until they leave of frustration. Because that makes more sense. And no, I would not grind for mk XIV. I would just hope that they would put a major discount on purchasing/grinding for mk XIV equivalents. NOT, create a dil sink that "everybody can be happy with".
    signature.png
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah the drop rate for purple materials is too low. Each box should drop at least one.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You don't need to craft. You buy the packs on the exchange or have someone make them for you. You need no crafting skill to use the packs.

ok, well, then it depends on how greedy people get on selling them on exchange :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Our money may have already been spent but that is not our problem. We will no longer spend money if all they can do is spend it on developing more grinding content as opposed to just content. Like I've said before, their aim is to make money instead of saving it. They could have saved a lot of money by changing our current gear to mk XIV upon the drop of the expansion. But NO, they go about making a whole entire new UI that forces us to grind and/or pay. Where's the logic in that? Oh yeah, not everybody has mk XII gear and we rather make money than allow this game to actually be fun. Well then they can grind just as we have. Or better yet, give them a free ride too! I bet they would tell their friends and Cryptic/PWE would get more players airgo, customers. But BAH! Let's make them grind until they either cave in and sink more money in or until they leave of frustration. Because that makes more sense. And no, I would not grind for mk XIV. I would just hope that they would put a major discount on purchasing/grinding for mk XIV equivalents. NOT, create a dil sink that "everybody can be happy with".

here here :)
    guess someone is a fanboy :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The issue is we're here talking about one piece of the expansion. This is a microcosm argument. They haven't released the rest of the actual content, this is testing a system. The players on Tribble right now don't have access to all of Delta Rising's missions and story content.

At the moment we're focusing on this one aspect. Which is fine it's what we're supposed to be doing to generate feedback presumably. But that's not all of what the entire Dev team is working on. So complaining that they're not providing what we pay them for is a short term argument since we haven't seen all they've worked on.

If Delta Rising was like Season 9.5 when they released a half baked crafting system that nobody liked that screwed up a DOFF UI that everybody liked then I'd be with you like the guy at the end of the original Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "Get a rope."

But that's not all we're getting.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The issue is we're here talking about one piece of the expansion. This is a microcosm argument. They haven't released the rest of the actual content, this is testing a system. The players on Tribble right now don't have access to all of Delta Rising's missions and story content.

At the moment we're focusing on this one aspect. Which is fine it's what we're supposed to be doing to generate feedback presumably. But that's not all of what the entire Dev team is working on. So complaining that they're not providing what we pay them for is a short term argument since we haven't seen all they've worked on.

If Delta Rising was like Season 9.5 when they released a half baked crafting system that nobody liked that screwed up a DOFF UI that everybody liked then I'd be with you like the guy at the end of the original Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "Get a rope."

The problem is, they dont listen to feedback. If they did, they wouldnt have done a few things that most people hated, but they did regardless of how the player base felt
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014

HA! You must be new here! We (veterans) know how things go when "new content" is released. History has shown us that no matter what, the grind will always be greater than the content (including grinding content, which does not count but to Cryptic/PWE, it does). Season 9 is the best example with the reputation nerf. SOOOO many people did NOT like what they saw on tribble, but we got stuck with it anyways. The list goes on. This will be no different.
    signature.png
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Question of the year: Will episode replay rewards now offer the level 60 equivalent (eg mk xiii) or is there an artificial wall for replay gear above mk xi now?

Maybe the difficulty of the mission will reward the appropriate item level. With level 60 gear. There could be a additional leve added. Normal, elite and now Epic. Just saying.