What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VPvP - Fun, fair, vanilla PvP

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Romulan fleet support ability (aka that thing that brings in an NPC ship) is now banned. The summoned ship has the ability to use tractor mines, which are not allowed.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why did you ban minimax? He went through the trouble of setting up a vanilla build and then was told that he couldn't play because he was "blacklisted." What's up with that?
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Why did you ban minimax? He went through the trouble of setting up a vanilla build and then was told that he couldn't play because he was "blacklisted." What's up with that?

I will send a private message to you.

Edit: Mini has seen the light and repented, he can play (nicely, Mini) with us.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We just did an old style kdf vs fed, all cloaked vessels on kdf side with minimax, shak, iceroid & co! It was super FUN :D
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited October 2014
    Cuz you Fed weaklings won. :D

I logged that match on hilbert:
    http://hilbertguide.com/leaderboard/encounter.php?id=12641
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I will send a private message to you.

Edit: Mini has seen the light and repented, he can play (nicely, Mini) with us.

That's good news.
    Welcome in the channel Mini :)
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well this thread is one pure piece of hilarity.

I do hate to think what your guys' idea of an MMO is...The whole point is to adapt to the games meta, that's what keeps the game interesting. Not just sticking in pre Season 7 meta and getting the heeby jeebies over a 20k BO3.

If you feel the need to create your own league to do all this rubbish, then so be it.

Will be nice to have good, and active pvp players to fight against in the ACTUAL queues.

Not the Voporak PvP Channel

(Ya. Its not Vanilla Pvp. It's Voporak.)

Neepa,
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »

I do hate to think what your guys' idea of an MMO is...The whole point is to adapt to the games meta, that's what keeps the game interesting. Not just sticking in pre Season 7 meta and getting the heeby jeebies over a 20k BO3.

If you feel the need to create your own league to do all this rubbish, then so be it.

Will be nice to have good, and active pvp players to fight against in the ACTUAL queues.

Not the Voporak PvP Channel

(Ya. Its not Vanilla Pvp. It's Voporak.)

Neepa,

Actually, it's Vanilla.
    Oh, and the power creep has gone too far now, this is why i joined VPvP. If it wasn't for Voporak's idea i'd be in SC now.
    You don't want to enter? feel free. We don't need you.
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    ethercircuitethercircuit Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    Actually, it's Vanilla.
    Oh, and the power creep has gone too far now, this is why i joined VPvP. If it wasn't for Voporak's idea i'd be in SC now.

We don't need you in HoBO either, your choice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Actually, it's Vanilla.

*Voporak PvP
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually, it's Vanilla.

No worries, play the game the way you like. It just seems like some folks might be happier playing Counter-Strike or something.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    *Voporak PvP

you have the right to see it that way, no one is going to stop you from believing that.

everyone plays as he wants. Don't want to play Vanilla PvP? as you wish, we don't want to bother you.

Now, let's just avoid the useless discussions here.

Let's keep VPvP a clean, polite place.
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    edited October 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    No worries, play the game the way you like.

quoted for truth. :)
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    edited October 2014
    you have the right to see it that way, no one is going to stop you from believing that.

everyone plays as he wants. Don't want to play Vanilla PvP? as you wish, we don't want to bother you.

Now, let's just avoid the useless discussions here.

Let's keep VPvP a clean, polite place.

ciao , dove posso trovare un taxi ?
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ciao , dove posso trovare un taxi ?

per strada :D:D:D dove devi andare?
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited October 2014
    hey guys,

no need for all this here in the past few posts.

this is just an outlet for those that don't wish to grind for what we are offered.

to each his own. matter of fact, most of us are still grinding away on our main toons. and not turning away from current meta.

no need to attack anyone just having fun and killing bad guys.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hey guys,

no need for all this here in the past few posts.

this is just an outlet for those that don't wish to grind for what we are offered.

to each his own. matter of fact, most of us are still grinding away on our main toons. and not turning away from current meta.

no need to attack anyone just having fun and killing bad guys.

If these guys are all interested in this type of gameplay, then why havent they considered bringing teams to Hobo's no BS tourny coming up. That basically takes the same principles from this, banning certain items etc, not making it an open season, which is what has been attempted here.
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If these guys are all interested in this type of gameplay, then why havent they considered bringing teams to Hobo's no BS tourny coming up. That basically takes the same principles from this, banning certain items etc, not making it an open season, which is what has been attempted here.
    That tournament's rules are essentially just a more detailed version of what can be summarised as "Don't bring 5 of the same". There is absolutely no attempt in the tournament's rules to cut down on individual power creep. No significant ban of doffs, no restriction of traits, no relevant restrictions regarding fleet/reputation gear. It's not even remotely comparable to the spirit of ClassicPVP / VPVP.
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited October 2014

dunno man.

maybe its opvp. maybe its the way we as a community conduct ourselves that drives competition away.

maybe its cryptic.

hell if i know man. all i know is that im having one hell of a time bouncing around in some old school builds.

if its not for you thats cool. even tho we have never bantered around we share friends in the game. and for that you have my respect.

past tournaments hosted by fleets, with certain rules....have gotten the feedback that certain rules curtail to the hosting fleet's benefit.

this channel has no fleet hosting party. its pandas, 32 vipers, IC, hobos, PVE fleets, ect....alll coming together to have some fun.

no harm in that man.
  • Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The whole point is to adapt to the games meta, that's what keeps the game interesting.

In sto adapting = BUY the new op items. You cant adapt a premade using Defiant, Starcruiser, Intrepid vs a premade using JHAS, Wells, Recluse. So to "adapt" you need to spend money for ships, traits, consoles etc...
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Calm down, peeps. Just let us play our own thing sometimes, eh?

NoBS is a tourney, whereas this is more in the vein of TD before it died off. It's different. Plus VPvP goes a lot further in its restrictions.

Sure, I can keep up with meta if I want to. But sometimes it's easier to just sit back and forget about grinds and millions of EC and dil in costs and just play.

Eh, let's just call this Budget PvP. BPVP, anyone?
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    VPvP isn't budget PvP - it goes back to the basics of what makes PvP great, without all the stuff that ruins normal PvP - VPvP - Vanilla PvP.

VPvP is pretty much all I stick around STO for - current PvP/PvE Metas I cannot afford to do/don't want to do, and unless you are building for either there isn't much point apart from RP, and I find it increasingly difficult to RP, as the Federation of Star Trek simply doesn't exist in STO, KDF are being slowly killed off by the Devs and I am rubbish at playing, and Roms... well, the way I want to play a Rom I am so rubbish at it actually puts me off trying, leaving me just Feds, and there I am uncompetitive in PvP and only a Top 18%'er at PvE, both of which are still terrible.

I do wonder if I should just quit entirely...

But that is off-topic.
  • Options
    kanonistiskanonistis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I`m from the 1st day on in Vpvp and i see that many people join it and all want play more! And all say, "thats the best pvp i had since many years"!

This Channel is the chance for many PvP`ler to come back to STO! Sitting on that Game to grind and farm dilithium, EC and many, many other items to keep up with their Gear is not peoples choice. I hope Cryptic will accept this with the time, cause the people want to play the Game and not to powerfarm all the time. Some of us have to work, families and some other interessts and not only STO in head.

Actually sometimes are so many people in vpvp and they all wait for an invite. The Problem is, many people want join and play but their is no spot available.
    So Guys look to make a 2nd Team if many peps waiting 2-3 matches to join a team, or better, Mr. Cryptic understand and is willing to create a PvP Map(s) with exactly Vpvp Rules. This is what people want and not changings like " 2min. Cooldown reduction on all Console Powers"!

This is a fist into pvp`lers face and many of us see, that more people want quitt the game after Oct. 14! All these new changings are tooooo much, all the new powers, character traits, skills, ship powers etc. those all need time and resources we not have cause a pvpler need it as fast as possible to not become underpowering in comparsion to some other people where have the time and resources to power up their characters immediately.

And this, say a guy where s allready a power farmer and grinder (me) but even for me this is to much! 90% of my time i farm and grind and dont come to play the game and why? To have best possible gear. i will stop spending 20 € in Month for Lock boxes and other Lobby Gear etc.

The normal Gear from Exchange is good enough!
    Fleet Leader: Hellenic Space Force
    Characters FED: TAC Ponos - TAC Tromos - ENG Athena - ROM TAC Phovos - SCI Martyrium - REM Apatros
    Fleet: La Familia: SCI Stave
    KDF Fleet: Syndicate of Shadows: ENG Sha'Kal

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be great if we could get hold of a Ker'rat or C'n'H sometime.
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like the idea having smething like this, so that people new to pvp has a chance to actually learn how to fly their ship.

It is ofcourse newbie friendly, its not costly, so anyone can join to get a "fair" fight.

BUT, instead of making up restrictions and making rules that players has to follow, one could hope that sometime Cryptic will implement some sort of ranking and when you queue up for pvp, or enter an area that is open for pvp, you would be paired with people of equal rank.

Thsi would be better than restricting and setting rules. This would also become pvp friendly, and not that costly.

Also, in any other game, if i might use world of warcrafct as an example.. you would need to fight way more arenas and having alot more time invested in the game if you compare to how much eeffort you need to put into this game to get a character up to a point to call it pvp worthy. And actually become insanly good, to be able to get a hold of the best gear for pvp in that game.

In this game we have shortcuts, one can buy zen, and buy themselves into getting the best of the best items very fast. Allthough *any* item available in the game, except from some meaningless veteran rewards, can be obtained without spending a dime. But this ofcourse takes alot of time and effort.

We just need cryptic to give PVP alittle love.

- simple ranking system? Maybe giving every item in the game a certain "pvp value" or gear score, so that if you equip this and this gear, you get a score. This and also have a pvp ranking system where your time in pvp, and wins/losses give you a PVP-score.

Put the "gear score" and "pvp rank" together, and you have some numbers that can easily be used to calculate who you should be facing when you queue for arena.

I know the queues atm are basicly dead.. but, having a system that will let people new to pvp actually having a chance the first time they enter an arena, will make them have alot more fun, than just being destroyed seconds into their first pvp engagement... i mean.. who would even find it fun getting destroyed in a few seconds?

Over time this will get more people to PVP more. And after a few months with a system like this, i would guess the queues would pop all the time.

This could also provide a helpful tool for your vision as well... you could say that to join this match, you can have a maximum of number set for the gear score of each player that joins. That way people could use a "cheeze console" if they wanted to. but if that console has a high gear sore,. that would have them to sacrifice alot of other stuff to be able to use this item... :)

So even if i like the idea of Vanilla PVP, to give new players a smoother introduction into PVP - i think that the real solution is to have a proper ranking system for the players, and a proper system to rank gear.

And if someone at cryptic is reading this post, think of the potential mass of people wanting to get new gear? Having something like this in the game, also providing proper pvp content, would increase sales for sure.. Even i would considder buying zen again if you actually showed pvp some love... so please.. show pvp some love in the near future? kthx. :)
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sad, People.

Someone has to say it.

and somehow you knew it would be me.
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Someone has to say it.

and somehow you knew it would be me.

hahahahaha, you just said almost the same as i did in my post.. but with fewer words... :)
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    torach wrote: »

We just need cryptic to give PVP alittle love.

Maybe in another 5 years or so?
    pulserazor wrote: »

I just don't get this.

Nobody is even remotely saying that this rule set should apply to everyone as it's completely voluntary. Nor is anyone here complaining about others who *don't* use these rules.

You like the way things are? Fine. Enjoy your game.

I'm a life-long Trekkie first. A gamer second. This feels more "Trek" to me. That's all that matters in my Calculus.

Between these and the other derisive posts a few pages back, it seems like misplaced anger to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]