test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Starship Upgrades

Comments

• peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Exactly! Is Cryptic so unimaginative that the only way they can make money is by nickel and dimin' us, cash grabs, microtransactions, and grindable content as opposed to just content?

You forgot the endless EC nerfing.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    You forgot the endless EC nerfing.

Its not just EC nerfing.... Just stop the nerfing in general.
    signature.png
    edited September 2014
    Yeah idk if you got the memo or not but last we all checked PWE and Cryptic were ran by ferengis

http://www.trekmate.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ferengi-ethics.jpg

Not the complete list but you get the idea

http://i.stack.imgur.com/qPh39.png

anyways yes they do plan to nickel and dime us to oblivion and beyond

yes they will continue the cash grabs

and yes microtransactions is the best way to grab the cash from our wallets.

and grindable content does lead to more money spent

No kidding! And they expect us to just take it? I'm tired of them telling us BOHICA.
    signature.png
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^ As an alternative the fleet modules, why don't you use the Ailen Artifacts since we still get those as drops and rewards from lockboxes. This really emphasizes that the upgrades are experimental and it keeps alien artifacts and powered alien artifacts relevant in to the game.

And there are tons of them in the game and they don't cost money, that would be a no-go. ;)
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    And there are tons of them in the game and they don't cost money, that would be a no-go. ;)

Yes they do. You get them from romulan survivor duty officer packs and lockboxes. The packs directly cost Zen and the keys to open the lockbox cost Zen. It doesn't matter if there are tons in the game. They were already paid for. Not everything has to actively be making them money. Going with any type of "free" alternative is no sweat off their back.
    signature.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes they do. You get them from romulan survivor duty officer packs and lockboxes. The packs directly cost Zen and the keys to open the lockbox cost Zen. It doesn't matter if there are tons in the game. They were already paid for. Not everything has to actively be making them money. Going with any type of "free" alternative is no sweat off their back.
    ENNNHHHHHTTTTT!!!!

Riddler: I'm sorry but that answer is incorrect. As your penalty you will not be allowed to answer any more questions until you recite the list of Doff assignments that can potentially give a Strange Alien artifact.

Robin: How many is that?

Riddler: I'll give you a hint: It's not over 9000 but it will probably feel like it by the time you're done.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited September 2014
    ENNNHHHHHTTTTT!!!!

Riddler: I'm sorry but that answer is incorrect. As your penalty you will not be allowed to answer any more questions until you recite the list of Doff assignments that can potentially give a Strange Alien artifact.

Robin: How many is that?

Riddler: I'll give you a hint: It's not over 9000 but it will probably feel like it by the time you're done.

Its still no sweat off their backs to provide any free alternative. So your play at making a point means nothing and you know it.
    signature.png
  • agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No kidding! And they expect us to just take it? I'm tired of them telling us BOHICA.

well as long as you keep playing and giving them money, yeah, they do.

The long and short of it, is Cryptic/PWE is constantly straining and stretching the definition of F2P and the "micro" in micro-transaction.

someone asked the question, whether we would rather have this or pay for our expansions, at this point, I would rather pay for every expansion then deal with this. All F2P does is transfer the costs of playing to a smaller and smaller group who pay more and more.

I really wish Cryptic/PWE would go to a hybrid based model that encouraged but not required subbing. CoH did this and it pulled it off very well.

more then just the Delta Pack and it's hit or miss usefulness, but the overall grindfest is making this game unplayable. This is the prediction that so many people made years ago and it's come true, yet they were called tin foil hats for it. Well now the chickens have come home to roost.

However it doesn't have to STAY this way, and more over, things can get better. Personally I wish Cryptic would be bought by an American company again, but NOT EA.

-AE

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    edited September 2014
    well as long as you keep playing and giving them money, yeah, they do.

The long and short of it, is Cryptic/PWE is constantly straining and stretching the definition of F2P and the "micro" in micro-transaction.

someone asked the question, whether we would rather have this or pay for our expansions, at this point, I would rather pay for every expansion then deal with this. All F2P does is transfer the costs of playing to a smaller and smaller group who pay more and more.

I really wish Cryptic/PWE would go to a hybrid based model that encouraged but not required subbing. CoH did this and it pulled it off very well.

more then just the Delta Pack and it's hit or miss usefulness, but the overall grindfest is making this game unplayable. This is the prediction that so many people made years ago and it's come true, yet they were called tin foil hats for it. Well now the chickens have come home to roost.

However it doesn't have to STAY this way, and more over, things can get better. Personally I wish Cryptic would be bought by an American company again, but NOT EA.

-AE

I agree. Star Trek is American. What does that have to do with tea in china?..
    Literally! And I have a right to speak my mind and "protest". If they ban me for that, it would be unconstitutional even though the forum is privately owned. Since Star Trek and Cryptic are both American and is the majority of the scheme of things, it would only be reasonable to respect and abide by constitutional law for any and all Americans who play.
    signature.png
  • cadfael71cadfael71 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fleets are a huge $$->zen->dil sink, no way these people are leaving that alone

The details of the intel ships that came out today already mention fleet versions of them.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree. Star Trek is American. What does that have to do with tea in china?..
    Literally! And I have a right to speak my mind and "protest". If they ban me for that, it would be unconstitutional even though the forum is privately owned. Since Star Trek and Cryptic are both American and is the majority of the scheme of things, it would only be reasonable to respect and abide by constitutional law for any and all Americans who play.

I hate to burst your bubble...

Your Constitutionally protected freedom of speech does not equate to being Constitutionally protected from the consequences of your free speech.

Meaning...

You have the right to say what you want. But, Cryptic also has the right to boot you from their forums, for basically whatever reason they want. IE, consequences to what you say.

This is not me sticking up for Cryptic, but rather stating a cold hard fact regarding freedom of speech and the consequences that come with that freedom.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
    edited September 2014
    I hate to burst your bubble...

Your Constitutionally protected freedom of speech does not equate to being Constitutionally protected from the consequences of your free speech.

Meaning...

You have the right to say what you want. But, Cryptic also has the right to boot you from their forums, for basically whatever reason they want. IE, consequences to what you say.

This is not me sticking up for Cryptic, but rather stating a cold hard fact regarding freedom of speech and the consequences that come with that freedom.

True. But by banning me I am being prevented from speaking. Generally speaking, if I were to tell a cop to f off. I have the right to do that but then I would be reprimanded, but it doesn't stop me from doing it again since I am constitutionally entitled to if I so choose. In the case here, with the forums, banning me is not a simple reprimand. It would prevent future opportunities to speak as I should be allowed to. Now if I were to be banned from this thread. It still would be infringing on that, but to an understandable degree.
    signature.png
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    True. But by banning me I am being prevented from speaking. Generally speaking, if I were to tell a cop to f off. I have the right to do that but then I would be reprimanded, but it doesn't stop me from doing it again since I am constitutionally entitled to if I so choose. In the case here, with the forums, banning me is not a simple reprimand. It would prevent future opportunities to speak as I should be allowed to. Now if I were to be banned from this thread. It still would be infringing on that, but to an understandable degree.

You are not Constitutionally entitled to consequence-free speech, and Cryptic is not Constitutionally obligated to provide you the means to enable your speech.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

If you want to get into the nuts and bolts of it:

1. The First Amendment technically doesn't guarantee your personal freedom of speech. In fact, freedom of speech is generally a myth. All the First Amendment does is ensure that the Federal Government makes no law abridging your ability to speak out against them.

2. Freedom of Speech is not free from consequences. You are entitled to say what you will, but you also have a personal responsibility for what you say. This is why any person can be sued for slander.

3. As a private entity, IE Cryptic is not Congress, they can pretty much set whatever rules they want in regards to the tools they provide for communication. They arent stopping you from future speaking-out by banning you. you still have plenty of other means at your disposal. Phone calls, emails, written letters and assembly for protest. These other means, while generally not as public or accessible as the forums, are still means to voice your opinions, concerns and grievances against Cryptic.

So there you go.

Speak your peace. But understanding that speaking your peace can have negative consequences, especially in regards to private venues of communication.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, Cryptic is not the gov ment. And this is not a public forum. It's debatable whether there still are public forums after what I witnessed in NY with occupy. If a public sidewalk is not a public forum I'm not sure if we have free speech anymore. And this was New York for heck's sake.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited September 2014
    You are not Constitutionally entitled to consequence-free speech, and Cryptic is not Constitutionally obligated to provide you the means to enable your speech.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

If you want to get into the nuts and bolts of it:

1. The First Amendment technically doesn't guarantee your personal freedom of speech. In fact, freedom of speech is generally a myth. All the First Amendment does is ensure that the Federal Government makes no law abridging your ability to speak out against them.

2. Freedom of Speech is not free from consequences. You are entitled to say what you will, but you also have a personal responsibility for what you say. This is why any person can be sued for slander.

3. As a private entity, IE Cryptic is not Congress, they can pretty much set whatever rules they want in regards to the tools they provide for communication. They arent stopping you from future speaking-out by banning you. you still have plenty of other means at your disposal. Phone calls, emails, written letters and assembly for protest. These other means, while generally not as public or accessible as the forums, are still means to voice your opinions, concerns and grievances against Cryptic.

So there you go.

Speak your peace. But understanding that speaking your peace can have negative consequences, especially in regards to private venues of communication.

You missed my point entirely. Regardless of how you put it, unless they just ban me from a thread rather than the forums altogether, it still goes against my rights. Sure I could shout my head off outside about how bad they are, but that's not the point. The consequences for what I say mostly come from those (like you) who like to argue peoples opinions instead of leaving them alone. Like Sheldon Cooper said, our constitutional rights have become a grey area. So by countering my opinion/point and trying to make it not a grey area, you establishing a case for Cryptic which, in essence, is defending them.
    signature.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh no, please not this freedom of speech discussion again. I thought this was about the Tier 5 Upgrades?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a right to speak my mind and "protest". If they ban me for that, it would be unconstitutional even though the forum is privately owned.

That is completely incorrect. It would not be unconstitutional for someone to kick you out of their house because they disagree with you. It would not be unconstitutional for a business to kick you off their property because they disagree with you.

http://cnreviews.com/life/society-culture/internet-freedom-of-speech-not-guaranteed_20090426.html
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/09/free-speech-in-online-communities-the-delusion-of-entitlement/
    http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107226
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/4/3726440/tweets-of-rage-free-speech-on-the-internet
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You missed my point entirely. Regardless of how you put it, unless they just ban me from a thread rather than the forums altogether, it still goes against my rights.

No it doesn't. The forums are a privately owned forum, they have the right to remove or limit your use of them at anytime as they pay to operate them. They are only limiting your ability to use their property as they have a right to do. You can spout off about whatever you like to your friends in public, on your FB page, really just about anywhere else. The mighty and all powerful cryptic is not so powerful as to take away your rights. In fact your idea infringes up their rights to control their property. You are basically advocating for legalized theft.
    edited September 2014
    Oh no, please not this freedom of speech discussion again. I thought this was about the Tier 5 Upgrades?

You are right, I retract my statements.
    signature.png
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You are right, I retract my statements.

Then I would appreciate it if you and everyone else who posted off-topic would go back and edit out those posts so I don't have to issue warnings about it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As the owner/operator of many forums covering many topics, it truly does sadden me greatly how many people totally and woefully misunderstand their "rights".

Clarification for those who need it. A forum is a PRIVATELY owned/operated/held place. Even if owned by a "public" company. Your constitutional rights, DO NOT EXIST on forums.

Oh, also for those that don't know, the "public" in publicly held company, means only that their stock is traded publicly and that anyone can buy it. It DOES NOT mean that the public owns the company or that they have to listen to anyone other than their share holders.

The lack of education in these matters these days in schools, is truly frightening. Especially when considering that these same people that don't understand something so basic, will be the generation creating/enforcing the rules for the next generation.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Since we've learned that the extra BOFF power that T5-U ships are forgoing is a Lt. Cmdr., I have to vehemently disagree with the notion that T5-U and the T6 lockboxes are going to be competitive with the base (non-fleet) T6 ships on stats alone.

I'm not even sure what stat differential could excuse missing a 3rd Lt. Cmdr. power (for the non-Tempest/non-Carrier ships - they're technically only down an ensign or 2). 15k hull? A shield modifier of 2.0 vs 1.x? Regardless, it's definitely somewhere past the stat boosts that the T5-U/T6 lockboxes are getting.
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iusasset wrote: »
    Since we've learned that the extra BOFF power that T5-U ships are forgoing is a Lt. Cmdr., I have to vehemently disagree with the notion that T5-U and the T6 lockboxes are going to be competitive with the base (non-fleet) T6 ships on stats alone.

I'm not even sure what stat differential could excuse missing a 3rd Lt. Cmdr. power (for the non-Tempest/non-Carrier ships - they're technically only down an ensign or 2). 15k hull? A shield modifier of 2.0 vs 1.x? Regardless, it's definitely somewhere past the stat boosts that the T5-U/T6 lockboxes are getting.

Due to shared cooldowns between similar abilities for any given officer (for example, my beam fire at will shares a cooldown with my beam overload), having more boff slots might not be as much of an advantage as it first appears. A Lt.-Com ability is indeed nice to have, as some abilities are only available at that rank or higher, but before I pass judgement on the usefulness of it I’ll have to see if there is any overlap, see what is overlapped, and how.

(not sure if this makes any sense, as I am not sure I really understand this anyway… I'll have to wait and see how it plays out before I can really tell for sure, but that's pretty much my point anyway I suppose..)
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    haldan1968 wrote: »
    Due to shared cooldowns between similar abilities for any given officer (for example, my beam fire at will shares a cooldown with my beam overload), having more boff slots might not be as much of an advantage as it first appears. A Lt.-Com ability is indeed nice to have, as some abilities are only available at that rank or higher, but before I pass judgement on the usefulness of it I’ll have to see if there is any overlap, see what is overlapped, and how.

(not sure if this makes any sense, as I am not sure I really understand this anyway… I'll have to wait and see how it plays out before I can really tell for sure, but that's pretty much my point anyway I suppose..)

I think this is where hybrid boffs start to shine. Since they draw from an entirely new pool of boff powers there will likely be no cooldown conflicts at all.
    On the non hybrid boff T6 ships this might hold true.
    But I think the practical result will be that people will simply bump 2 of their powers up a rank and put a new ensign power into the universal.
    For me that likely means carrying a tractor beam on my cruiser which I would not do right now, for example.
    Thus avoiding cooldown conflicts entirely and gaining a "free" debuff/control power that helps me kill the enemy faster or keep me alive (I sometimes use a tractor beam defensively to prevent a targetable weapon like heavy torps from hitting me.)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    As the owner/operator of many forums covering many topics, it truly does sadden me greatly how many people totally and woefully misunderstand their "rights".

Clarification for those who need it. A forum is a PRIVATELY owned/operated/held place. Even if owned by a "public" company. Your constitutional rights, DO NOT EXIST on forums.

Oh, also for those that don't know, the "public" in publicly held company, means only that their stock is traded publicly and that anyone can buy it. It DOES NOT mean that the public owns the company or that they have to listen to anyone other than their share holders.

The lack of education in these matters these days in schools, is truly frightening. Especially when considering that these same people that don't understand something so basic, will be the generation creating/enforcing the rules for the next generation.

bluegeek.....
    signature.png
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I think this is where hybrid boffs start to shine. Since they draw from an entirely new pool of boff powers there will likely be no cooldown conflicts at all.
    On the non hybrid boff T6 ships this might hold true.
    But I think the practical result will be that people will simply bump 2 of their powers up a rank and put a new ensign power into the universal.
    For me that likely means carrying a tractor beam on my cruiser which I would not do right now, for example.
    Thus avoiding cooldown conflicts entirely and gaining a "free" debuff/control power that helps me kill the enemy faster or keep me alive (I sometimes use a tractor beam defensively to prevent a targetable weapon like heavy torps from hitting me.)

You also have a wider pool of abilities (even within a single department) at higher levels (save maybe Commander, but you only ever get one of those seats so this Is irrelevant).

Engineering ensign powers: EPS1, EPW1, EPE1, EPA1, ET1; 5 abilities, 4 share cooldowns.
    Engineering Lt Cmdr powers: EPS3, EPW3, EPE3, EPA3, ET3, AB1, AtB2, AtD2, AtS2, ES2, EWP1, BP2, RSP2...that's 13(!) abilities, and yes, there's still overlap, but it's still a WAY bigger pool of powers, and you can find enough that won't step on other powers (even those that conflict with lower levels).

Science has even fewer shared cooldowns, and you get similar results with Tacs (arguably better, since higher-level Tac powers, like APO, are a big step up from Lt/Ens powers).

Now if you're lucky enough to get a Lt. Cmdr seat that's in a new department entirely? You can have a cruiser with this seating at T6:

Cmdr Eng
    Lt Cmdr Sci
    Lt Cmdr Tac
    Lt Sci
    Ens Eng

Yeah, that's bloody fantastic, with minimal overlap, and you don't even need Int seats or universals (which'll really blow your options WIDE open).

The dreaded Cmdr/Lt Cmdr/Lt Cmdr seating sharing the same department would suck, sure, but absolute worst-case scenario this just means you'll be skipping some Ensign powers, or you'll have a power you only use situationally (think ET or ST for cleanses before the team cooldowns decouplings). This is still more powerful, I would argue, than not having that flexibility/option at all.

Assuming a Cmdr/Lt Cmdr/Lt Cmdr Tac escort:

Cmdr: APO3, APO1, CRF1, TT1
    Lt Cmdr: CRF2, CSV1, TT1
    Lt Cmdr: CSV2, CRF1, BO1? THY1? (Something for spike)

Yeah, I know what you're saying, all those cannon powers overlap. But now you have the ability to use AOE or Spike situationally, in the same build, and that's...not a bad thing. You have more options that you can potentially leverage.
    edited September 2014
    iusasset wrote: »
    You also have a wider pool of abilities (even within a single department) at higher levels (save maybe Commander, but you only ever get one of those seats so this Is irrelevant).

Engineering ensign powers: EPS1, EPW1, EPE1, EPA1, ET1; 5 abilities, 3 share cooldowns.
    Engineering Lt Cmdr powers: EPS3, EPW3, EPE3, EPA3, ET3, AB1, AtB2, AtD2, AtS2, ES2, EWP1, BP2, RSP2...that's 13(!) abilities, and yes, there's still overlap, but it's still a WAY bigger pool of powers, and you can find enough that won't step on other powers (even those that conflict with lower levels).

Science has even fewer shared cooldowns, and you get similar results with Tacs (arguably better, since higher-level Tac powers, like APO, are a big step up from Lt/Ens powers).

Now if you're lucky enough to get a Lt. Cmdr seat that's in a new department entirely? You can have a cruiser with this seating at T6:

Cmdr Eng
    Lt Cmdr Sci
    Lt Cmdr Tac
    Lt Sci
    Ens Eng

Yeah, that's bloody fantastic, with minimal overlap, and you don't even need Int seats or universals (which'll really blow your options WIDE open).

The dreaded Cmdr/Lt Cmdr/Lt Cmdr seating sharing the same department would suck, sure, but absolute worst-case scenario this just means you'll be skipping some Ensign powers, or you'll have a power you only use situationally (think ET or ST for cleanses before the team cooldowns decouplings). This is still more powerful, I would argue, than not having that flexibility/option at all.

Assuming a Cmdr/Lt Cmdr/Lt Cmdr Tac escort:

Cmdr: APO3, APO1, CRF1, TT1
    Lt Cmdr: CRF2, CSV1, TT1
    Lt Cmdr: CSV2, CRF1, BO1? THY1? (Something for spike)

Yeah, I know what you're saying, all those cannon powers overlap. But now you have the ability to use AOE or Spike situationally, in the same build, and that's...not a bad thing. You have more options that you can potentially leverage.

I agree. Since, in the higher boff ranks, you get more abilities... You can minimize shared cooldowns. These new T6 Intel ships (with the exception of the FED ones... They're ugly and are far from cannon and are unoriginal in their designs. Ex. Sci vessel is just a retrofitted Sci recon vessel. Escort is a retrofitted defiant. Cruiser is a retrofitted heavy cruiser.) from their stats are PHENOMENAL! I was gonna get the fleet T'varo for my scientist but am now waiting for the Faeht Intel Warbird and then later the fleet version. Although I'm afraid that the Fleet T6 will be inferior to the Fleet T6 T5s (T5-U12?). If anything they should be equal, so I suggest that T6 ships be equal to T5-U. I'd like to see hybrid boff availability on all ships and for T5-U and T6 to be 11 console ships.
    signature.png
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree. Since, in the higher boff ranks, you get more abilities... You can minimize shared cooldowns. These new T6 Intel ships (with the exception of the FED ones... They're ugly and are far from cannon and are unoriginal in their designs. Ex. Sci vessel is just a retrofitted Sci recon vessel. Escort is a retrofitted defiant. Cruiser is a retrofitted heavy cruiser.) from their stats are PHENOMENAL! I was gonna get the fleet T'varo for my scientist but am now waiting for the Faeht Intel Warbird and then later the fleet version. Although I'm afraid that the Fleet T6 will be inferior to the Fleet T6 T5s (T5-U12?). If anything they should be equal, so I suggest that T6 ships be equal to T5-U. I'd like to see hybrid boff availability on all ships and for T5-U and T6 to be 11 console ships.

Quoted for mostly truth, though I seriously doubt we'll have to worry about any T5U ever being superior to a Fleet T6.

Unless, of course, they release a T6 Galaxy. In which case it will probably have 6 eng consoles, an all eng boff layout, a turn rate of 3 degrees per year and moar hull :)

Besides, I dont think theyve said that we'll be able to upgrade our ships again to keep parity with FT6 come the time, as far as I know 11 consoles is the best we can for our T5;s, meaning when FT6 comes in we'll know the true meaning of obsolescense. Admittedly I have looked in on this thread for a few days, so I may have missed a dev response.

Personally, I reckon clean ongoing upgrades is whats needed. Let us upgrade from T5/FT5 to T6, and then FT6. T7 down the line. Youd rake in money from Fleet Ship Module sales, upgrade token sales and continuing sales of T5 ships.

At the very least lockbox and lobi ships should get full T6 because of how expensive they are. And Im impartial since I dont even own one.

Here's another idea: put T6 versions of existing ships in the z-store- but with a discount for owners of the T5 or Fleet T5 versions (for those of use who bought 4 FSM's to get a fleet ship, rather than going Z then Fleet). Kinda like how owners of Z-store ships get a fleet discount now.

I know I for one would shell out for proper T6 Excelsior, D'dex and Charal. My sister who has just joined the game would find it much simpler and less confusing to pick up a T6 INtrepid at 51, rather than buying the T5 from Z-store, upgrading to Fleet and then upgrading again to T5F-U.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lifetime membership ton of money already spent on lock box, cstore, fleet ship modules and now your going to tack on more expense to upgrade ships I've played with and grind grind grind to get to they point they are now.

I can tell you if its 10 bucks a ship I quit and as for your 150 dollar delta pack are you insane or do you just assume I am????? I can find other sources of entertainment you know.

I love this game but you can only push me so far dudes please think long and hard on this cause you can kill mmo's its been done before.

so please don't let greed win keep it within reason give us a long time multiple toon {29 at last count} players a break I've paid and still do often by choise, but I wont be extorted.